• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF Groundbreaking Electronic Music Thread™

Tworak

subrock said:
working on a 90s techno electronic mix atm :) playing with some track I used to absolutely love!

so far got
- prodigy
- orbital
- juno reactor
- cj bolland
- fluke
- golden girls
- underworld
- the orb
- junkie XL
- crystal method.
- chemical brothers

:D
capital d r o o l

trying to stray as far from hyperbole as I can, but I've just heard Siriusmo's album "Mosaik," (finally got a chance to sit down and listen to it) and it's fucking amazing.

here's the title track.

I love everything this guy touches, pretty much. wasn't too into "Bad Idea" though. seemed kinda out of nowhere... but then again the album is called Mosaik after all.

Saw Miami Horror last night in Camden, London. Was good fun and the venue was tiny. Brought along 2 converts and someone that hadn't heard of them and they all came away having enjoyed it.
Next up is Caspa at Fabric then Glastonbury :)

matics said:
trying to stray as far from hyperbole as I can, but I've just heard Siriusmo's album "Mosaik," (finally got a chance to sit down and listen to it) and it's fucking amazing.into "Bad Idea" though. seemed kinda out of nowhere... but then again the album is called Mosaik after all.

Siriusmo is a genius. Really all tracks of him are great and neatly produced.
Also look for earlier tracks and remixes.

Someone reccommend me some tunes similar to ATB's style. You know...not too complex but amazing nonetheless. Some vocals preferably but I also enjoy his instrumental stuff. Tracks 4-6 minutes long...nothing that takes forever to get into.

Something along the lines of:

Peace = Illusion
The Autumn Leaves
Gentle Melody

etc...

I love ATB's sound and haven't really heard it matched by anyone but maybe I'm just not listening to enough artists in the same vein(nothing has really jumped out as of yet). Bonus points go to the person who can produce an album on amazon's MP3 section, as I'm in for a quick fix and don't want to wait for a CD by mail. THANKS!

daviyoung

Banned
ErasureAcer said:
Someone reccommend me some tunes similar to ATB's style. You know...not too complex but amazing nonetheless. Some vocals preferably but I also enjoy his instrumental stuff. Tracks 4-6 minutes long...nothing that takes forever to get into.

Chicane - Far From The Maddening Crowds
Chicane - Behind The Sun
Agnelli and Nelson - Hudson St.
Roger Shah - Songbook
Sunlounger - Another Day on the Terrace
Kyau and Albert - Worldvibe
Oceanlab - Sirens of the Sea

daviyoung said:
Chicane - Behind The Sun
Roger Shah - Songbook

Thanks for the recommendations.

Listened to a few clips on youtube.

Chicane: Only greatest hits available on amazon MP3. FFTMC is on CD...Alright...I thoroughly enjoyed Saltwater from the GH. Others I listened to didn't grab me.
Agnelli and Nelson: Hudson St. not available at amazon so passed on listening to clips.
Roger Shah: Pretty good. Nothing is really wowing me but very listenable.
Sunlounger: Pretty good. Apparently it's the same guy(DJ Shah). I prefer these chiller tunes to Songbook(as good vocal trance is hard to come by...and I wasn't quite wowed by it). Might pick this one up though. THANKS! =)
Kyau and Albert: Not feeling the vocals...as I said before good vocal trance is hard to pull off.
Oceanlab: Have heard em before on Pandora...have some good songs if I remember correctly. What are their best tunes IYO?

Shaneus

daviyoung said:
Chicane - Behind The Sun
Roger Shah - Songbook
Shit, I remember having that Agnelli and Nelson album ages ago. I also remember enjoying it immensely.

Truant

Found a way to annoy retards at by job: Wobbly bass.

I know nothing about the various step genres or artists, but I've been playing some Skrillex and Borgore.

Recommend some tracks with insane wobbly bass that can be found on Spotify.

joelseph

Truant said:
Found a way to annoy retards at by job: Wobbly bass.

I know nothing about the various step genres or artists, but I've been playing some Skrillex and Borgore.

Recommend some tracks with insane wobbly bass that can be found on Spotify.

Don't be that guy.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
perryfarrell said:
I'd like some recommendations for cheesy yet good vocal house/electronic. A while ago, I stumbled upon Magnetic Man - Perfect Stranger http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpzCo3X0zro&feature=relmfu

And today I listened to Alexis Jordan - Happiness http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26jKtELitQE

Any more catchy vocal electronic like that?

If you liked that Magnetic Man track, Katy B's solo stuff is very, very good. Jessica 6 (they worked with Hercules & Love Affair in the past) is more nu-disco but the album definitely has some big house-y moments. Azari & III are another one of the better acts in this vein and have vocals on a lot of their stuff, too.

Shaneus

Holy shit, small world. The vocalist on Carry Me Away by Chris Lake (Emma Hewitt) has appeared on my "People you may know" section of Facebook because we have 13 mutual friends. She *is* from my home town, just weird to see her crop up seeing as I have a massive thing for her. Oh dear.

PS. Anyone who was asking about vocal house/electro (and even vocal trance) would be doing themselves a favour in checking that song out. I absolutely adore it <3

okno

New Beatport site is in beta, anyone checked it out? I just got my code, it's pretty neat. It looks a lot cleaner and the new player is WAY better, but it feels too much like a blog, in my opinion. Still, it's a huge upgrade from the old site.

I have two invite codes if anyone wants one.

Also, new hot jam: Super Flu - Euterpeh When that arpeggiated vocal drops in... mmmmm.

Also, Dominik Eulbergh's album 'Diorama' is a contender for album of the year. Simply gorgeous album.
Aeronaut
Islandmuschel 400

Shaneus

Saw Gary Numan and Severed Heads tonight. Both were fucking awesome. Sad to see that SH won't be doing anything else ever, though :(

Shaneus

Skiptastic said:
I remember my first intro to EdC was the Superdiscount Remix of An Honest Mistake from Burnout Revenge. That fucking bastard is fucking magnificent, for sure.
EdC is Superdiscount? Mind fucking blown. (Edit: Just listened to that track... very nice)

The first time I heard him (that I can clearly recall) is when a friend put me onto Fuck. Thinking about it now, he's one of the few French producers I can think of that hasn't fallen into a trap of falling into a fad, kinda like Justice has (or at least to the point where they stop being creative and churn out the same hipster stuff over and over). His productions have always been top-notch, too.

Nyx

okno said:
New Beatport site is in beta, anyone checked it out? I just got my code, it's pretty neat. It looks a lot cleaner and the new player is WAY better, but it feels too much like a blog, in my opinion. Still, it's a huge upgrade from the old site.

It needs more clicking, so imo it's not an improvement. :eek:

okno

Nyx said:
It needs more clicking, so imo it's not an improvement. :eek:
Yeah, that's my biggest complaint. I love that they finally simplied the search, though. I hated having to always switch from artist to label and back. The fact you can now also see exactly what BPM the track is is a nice addition.

EDIT! They now save your playlist from your last visit. That alone makes it better.

joelseph

Really digging the second track out of 18+, this secretive R&B/screw duo is gonna be the next big thing. Check them out on Youtube at 18plus18plus18plus

New FACT mix is Jay Weed, such a badman.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
This mix from Patrice Baumel is just incredible. Usually I'll sit through a mix once, if that, but I've gone back to this one four times in past couple of days.

joelseph

NEW LUCKYME!

CAL-ITUNES.jpg

95. MA1 – RKS Mixtape

http://s3.amazonaws.com/luckymedia/_MIXTAPES/95.mp3

Peace to Cal

What you know about Roska Kiks n Snares? For the last year it’s been all about solid as fuck offerings of new UK House and tribal soul. Late in March scene-heavyweight and Rinse-champion MA1 dropped his sublime “Do it Better /Static” 12 and recorded this slick tape full of upfront peak time positivity for us. Thats not to say the Karnival Kingpin doesnt get down and dirty…. There’s enough exclusive material on here to turn you into house party legend-status. Peace to Roska who sent us this. All eyes on them.

okno

Nice, that mix looks ace, joelseph. I've been in a crazy bass mood as of late, getting pretty damn tired of house and techno all of a sudden. Finally got around to checking out Tokimonsta, really digging her stuff.

GhaleonQ

I'm not going to claim they're geniuses, but I'm been following this Sydney group for awhile and was surprised to find out they had released a compilation last month before they start on their 1st proper LP. They're synthpop/electronic versions of South American/African dance music.

http://www.fishingsounds.com

I haven't actually listened to the whole thing yet, but I recall thinking these songs showed a lot of potential. Watch for them.

http://soundcloud.com/fishing/cliffs
http://soundcloud.com/chakahhkrinny/fishing-white-sheet-beach
http://soundcloud.com/fishing/oooo

joelseph

okno said:
Nice, that mix looks ace, joelseph. I've been in a crazy bass mood as of late, getting pretty damn tired of house and techno all of a sudden.

The beauty of bass music is that you can mix almost anything with it and it works. Helps keep things fresh.

joelseph

okno said:
Nice, that mix looks ace, joelseph. I've been in a crazy bass mood as of late, getting pretty damn tired of house and techno all of a sudden. Finally got around to checking out Tokimonsta, really digging her stuff.

If you have listened to the mix can you help identifying the song after Jay Weed Naos?

matics said:
trying to stray as far from hyperbole as I can, but I've just heard Siriusmo's album "Mosaik," (finally got a chance to sit down and listen to it) and it's fucking amazing.

here's the title track.

I love everything this guy touches, pretty much. wasn't too into "Bad Idea" though. seemed kinda out of nowhere... but then again the album is called Mosaik after all.

yeah siriusmo is great, love that track "nights off" in the mosaik album.

Oh and:

sebastian-total.jpg

Sebastian's debut album (finally) Total just leaked a few days ago.

If you like Justice and Daft Punk and pretty much anything Ed Banger you guys will really enjoy it.

here's a track

and yes that is a picture of him kissing himself wtf.

Top Bottom