• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF Groundbreaking Electronic Music Thread™

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Been really digging this Jody Wisternoff mix from Feb 2011. Warm, melodic house music. Anybody know the name of the song 17 min in?

http://soundcloud.com/somesz/jody-wisternoff-decks-in-the-city-club-merlin-2011-02-11/

01) 0:00:00 Flowers And Sea Creatures - A.M. (Ewan Pearson Re-Edit)
02) 0:04:19 Thodoris Triantafillou & CJ Jeff - Not Only U Feat. Chris Tatchell
03) 0:07:41 Joey aka Jozsef Keller & Pete-R - Once Again (ID Remix)
04) 0:11:28 Robert Babicz - Two Colors
05) 0:13:20 Greg Gow - Resurrection
06) 0:17:25 ID (vintage 80s flashback!)
07) 0:19:43 Deniz Kurtel - The L Word (Guy Gerber's Countryside Remix)
08) 0:25:20 ID
09) 0:28:55 Ross Couch - Stargazer
10) 0:33:31 Jody Wisternoff - My Love
11) 0:37:59 Vector Lovers - Melodies & Memory (Marquez Ill Remix)
12) 0:43:44 Jody Wisternoff - Vintage
13) 0:50:43 Fergie - PCP (King Unique Remix)
14) 0:54:46 Nuyorican Soul Feat. India - Runaway (ID Remix)
15) 1:00:34 Christian Burkhardt - Stopover Goa
16) 1:05:41 Nick Warren - Buenos Aires
17) 1:10:14 Andreas Bergmann - Toast (Estroe Remix)
18) 1:16:40 Jody Wisternoff - Shivver
19) 1:23:32 Michael Cassette - Memories (90's Piano Mix)
20) 1:29:52 ID
21) 1:34:33 Way Out West - Flash
22) 1:38:17 Jody Wisternoff - I Won't Let You Down
23) 1:44:37 Andrew Bayer - ID
24) 1:49:58 Jody Wisternoff - Starstrings
25) 1:55:12 Chymera - Parelo (Jody Wisternoff Remix)

Shaneus

okno

djtiesto said:
Been really digging this Jody Wisternoff mix from Feb 2011. Warm, melodic house music. Anybody know the name of the song 17 min in?

http://soundcloud.com/somesz/jody-wisternoff-decks-in-the-city-club-merlin-2011-02-11/
Man, it sounds familiar! I'm on my iPhone, so not the best way to guess a song, but I'll try harder once I get home (which will be a while, going to a BBQ).

Been playing the hell out of Nico Purman's new EP. "Rize" and "Kosmik" are two great little tracks. Y'all should do yourselves a favor and track down Aril Brikha's remix of "I Cling" by Deetron. Really fantastic, almost progressive, remix.

Kccitystar

Probably a handful of members are aware that I'm a DJ among others in the Tinychat thread, but I've crafted a nice 30 minute mix of just electro stuff and songs with thumping beats. I think it's pretty coherent and great, but you don't have to take my word for it ;) Give it a listen:

The Rivera Initative - Status Update (2011 Summer Mixtape)

Tracklisting:
Surkin - Kiss and Fly (Tacteel Remix)
Surkin - Kiss and Fly (Original Mix)
Lady Gaga - Judas (DJ White Shadow Remix)
Yuzo Koshiro - Dreamer (Streets of Rage OST)
Deadmau5 - Hi Friend!
DJ DLG - Your Eyes
Nightriders - Take My Hand (Bestrack Remix)
Ladytron - Ghosts (Toxic Avenger Remix)
D.I.M. - Is You (Le Castle Vania Remix)
Ke$ha - Blow (Circut Remix)
Digikid84 - Rock Steady In The Night (Bestrack Remix)

Enjoy!

djtiesto

Davidion said:
It's just basically What's My Name with a 2-step pattern slapped behind it.

WHICH IS WHY IT'S SO AWESOME.

Everything's better with a 2-step drumtrack...

I need to make a 2-step mix one of these days, put in all the classics... I remember trying back in the heyday of the genre but just couldn't grasp beatmatching (not to mention I was using my friend's old CD-player/mixer, which didn't nearly have the versatility of DJ equipment nowadays).

Chucking around the idea of making alittle music blog purely because I introduce alot of my friends to new stuff so it would make it easier than spamming up my facebook news feed like I do now but I haven't a clue where to start!

Really liked The Weeknd - The Morning (ESTAW fix) and Floating Points & Fatima - Mind [Eglo] songs joelseph, cheers

Edit: Well ended up making one for the hell of it.
Veri-Disquo
Never used HTML and never had a blog before so go easy :)

okno

Johnlenham said:
Chucking around the idea of making alittle music blog purely because I introduce alot of my friends to new stuff so it would make it easier than spamming up my facebook news feed like I do now but I haven't a clue where to start!

Really liked The Weeknd - The Morning (ESTAW fix) and Floating Points & Fatima - Mind [Eglo] songs joelseph, cheers

Edit: Well ended up making one for the hell of it.
Veri-Disquo
Never used HTML and never had a blog before so go easy :)

Good on ya for doing that! Suggestion: stagger the video links. My Firefox came to a screeching halt trying to load all of those videos at once. Good luck! Don't stop updating just because you think people aren't reading it.

I've finally come to a satisfactory conclusion on my project! Introducing... erkr

xo927.jpg

Kassem Mosse - Untitled 1
Luke Hess - Corridor's Solution (A Plea for Change)
Deadbeat & Fenin - Teach the Devil's Son
Aril Brikha - Forever Frost
Alexi Delano & Ambivalent - Lights Down
John Selway & Elliot Taub - Fill In the Blanks (Abe Duque & John Selway Remix)
Louderbach - Grace (Anxiety)
Niederflur - Tapewurm
Mount Kimbie - At Least (Instra:Mental Remix)
Efdemin - There Will Be Singing (DJ Koze Remix)
Deetron - I Cling (Aril Brikha Remix)
Roman Flugel - Brasil

This is from a roof top party I did a little over a week ago. Deep, dubby house and techno. I'm extremely proud of how this turned out, it's exactly the type of sound I want to spin. Hope you guys enjoy!

okno said:
Good on ya for doing that! Suggestion: stagger the video links. My Firefox came to a screeching halt trying to load all of those videos at once. Good luck! Don't stop updating just because you think people aren't reading it.

I've finally come to a satisfactory conclusion on my project! Introducing... erkr

Ha yeah this is something ive not quite got the hang off but im working on it! Im sure illget your mix up on there as well once ive worked this out!

joelseph

Like dancehall, moombahton, up-tempo, and edits? This is the mix for you and boy is it FUN.

1ST & 15TH MIXCAST VOL 30 – @DEEJAYTHEORY – OFF THE BOOKS

Tracklisting:
1. Jahdan Blakkamoore “Quick Money” (Prod by DJ Theory)
2. Cham “Ghetto Story” (B.M.F. Kenny Meez remix)
3. Waka Floka “Grove St. Party”
4. Demarco “Hustle Hard” (remix)
5. Barrington Levy “Many Changes In Life”
6. Shy Fx ft. Donaeo “Raver” (Shy’s Guinness Punch Mix)
7. Dev x Proper Villains x Adele “Rolling In The Dark” (Theory edit)
8. Adele, Jamie XX, Cecile, Mr Lexx, Timberlee “Rolling In The Heat” (The Heatwave refix)
9. Konshens “Gal Ah Talk”
10. Tiana “Can’t Talk Bad”
11. Rampage y Nader “Pop Yo Back”
12. Heartbreak “Arroz Con Pollo”
13. French Fries “Senta” (Rampage y Nader edit)
14. Cam Jus “Ease The Pain”
15. DJ Theory “Can’t Get Enough”
16. David Heartbreak “Moombahma” (Munchi edit)
17. Rampage & Nader “Party Time” (Mad Jazz remix) [Theory edit]
18. To-Isis “Come Here Girl” (DJ Theory remix)
19. Wynter Gordon x Laidback Luke “Dirty Talk” (Theory remixes)
20. Sonora & Zuzuka Pederosa “Bombeiro dub”
21. Willow Smith “Whip My Hair” (Swick remix)
22. Brenmar “Taking It Down”
23. Toddla T “Sky Surfing ft. Wayne Marshall (Douster remix)
24. WILDLIFE “Nocturnal World ft. Terry Lynn” (French Fries remix) [Theory re-dub]

joelseph

wtf?! I just heard the latest Oneman set from BR and he starts his set with the same sample from Grandma's Boy that I used in one of my sets! Ballin'!

jdforge

Banned
Today is a great day for I have found my original copy of Renaissance Mix Collection 2 - John Digweed all the way back from 1995!

AcridMeat

Banned
Friend shared this song with me late last night, new addiction for me.

Avicii - Levels (ID)

I've been meaning to find more of Avicii's work after the Tron Legacy: Reconfigured track, any recommendations?

edit: I've been meaning to mix a new driving/party CD
called Electro Hot Sex Vol. 2.
Currently at 3.7 hours but not organized at all.

djtiesto

AcridMeat said:

Avicii - Levels (ID)

I've been meaning to find more of Avicii's work after the Tron Legacy: Reconfigured track, any recommendations?

Heh, I have his remix of Derezzed in my head all day (was listening to the Tron Legacy remix album in the car today). I'm a big fan of his sound, ever since I saw him at Electric Zoo in 2010. "Bromance" is his breakout track, so start with that. Also, there's "Street Dancer" (the song really sounds like 2 songs in one though - one part has a great 80's electro style breakdown, and another part just sounds like a plodding tech house song). And if you don't mind a bit of cheese, his remix of Armin Van Buuren - Drowning.

If you want more producers on the same line as Avicii... glossy Swedish style progressive house... Eric Prydz is the most obvious recommendation, as well as Henrik B and the occasional Steve Angello solo release.

needlejuice said:
Today is a great day for I have found my original copy of Renaissance Mix Collection 2 - John Digweed all the way back from 1995!

The original copy is worth some serious money nowadays. I only have the 10th anniversary remaster of it. Hysterix - Talk To Me (Sasha mix) :rock

Orgun

AcridMeat said:

Avicii - Levels (ID)

That Avicii track man, fuck me. I keep humming or tapping it out at work.

Heard a clip of this on a Vimto advert - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XDWYbHL0Ho

iavi

Has anybody heard on news on Danger? He's definitely my most anticipated act that has yet to put out a whole album.

It seems like he put 9/17 out then kind of fell into remix hell.

AcridMeat

Banned
joelseph said:
I don't care for the style of music to be honest so I will throw a suggestion that is different yet similar, Ossie - Tarantula.

Thanks for the suggestion, I feel like I'm in an expensive women's clothing store though.

@Tiesto Didn't realize he was new on the scene, thought he has been around for a while. I actually have the Bromance track as well, though I prefer the Porter Robinson Remix.

edit: Miri, same sentiments. I would love a full album from Danger, 4h30 is up there as one of my favorite songs from last year (that I heard for the first time).

edit2: I haven't been following recently, has Felguk been up to much? Have absolutely loved most of what I've heard by them. Missed out on seeing them in SF last year because I didn't feel like paying $80 just for them, regretting it now of course.

edit3: Holy sheieiiet I forgot I had Bag Raiders' first album and never listened to it. Rectifying that! Oh crap there's more singing in this, oh...where's my Turbo Love Bag Raiders of old!?

okno

djtiesto said:
The original copy is worth some serious money nowadays. I only have the 10th anniversary remaster of it. Hysterix - Talk To Me (Sasha mix) :rock

... really? D: I had a copy of that. Lost it during one of my many moves. I still remember the day I bought it! I was at the local record store in my town looking for movies/soundtracks in line with Rocky Horror Picture Show (this was also the day I discovered 'Shock Treatment', much to my dismay/joy), and the guy randomly picked it up out of a rack and said if I liked techno (I would go in there occasionally for house/techno stuff), I should get it. $24 later, it was mine. Hated it on my first listen, actually. Later came to really love it. Ah well.

Shaneus

AcridMeat said:
@Tiesto Didn't realize he was new on the scene, thought he has been around for a while. I actually have the Bromance track as well, though I prefer the Porter Robinson Remix.
Porter Robinson is ridiculously talented. For an 18-year-old, I'm extremely jealous. Dude was producing epics before he could legally enter clubs. Look for Say My Name, one of his first original tracks.

Davidion

AcridMeat said:

Avicii - Levels (ID)

I dig the sound, kinda like evolved euro trance. Got plenty of cheese but thrown up enough to give a nice light groove.

Just found out about SBTRKT today, interesting sounds on his new stuff coming out.

SBTRKT - Pharaohs

AcridMeat

Banned
Great track, will have to look into them. Thanks for sharing!

edit:
Shaneus said:
Porter Robinson is ridiculously talented. For an 18-year-old, I'm extremely jealous. Dude was producing epics before he could legally enter clubs. Look for Say My Name, one of his first original tracks.
Wow, song is incredible. This kid is going to be huge.

Shaneus

Damn straight! He's actually playing in Australia fairly soon, but apparently no promoters picked him up to play in Melbourne. So EVERYWHERE else he's playing except for where I'm able to see him :/

Shaneus

leadbelly said:
When I think of groundbreaking electronic music it's old skool all the way for me. The old stuff always seems to be best, no matter what genre. I prefer 60's and 70's Rock, 90's Hip Hop, 90's dance music, etc.

Some old skool UK hardcore mixes:

http://soundcloud.com/pathogen/pathogens-old-skool-hardcore

http://soundcloud.com/sonic-trip/xs-oldskool-hardcore-mix-2009
I'll agree with you. Personally, it'll never get better than the dance music that was coming out in the early 90s. It only pains me that there are some people into electronic music today that will never get a chance to hear and appreciate that stuff. Shit, I only ever liked it because my older brother did (was born in 1980... do the math).

leadbelly

Banned
Shaneus said:
I'll agree with you. Personally, it'll never get better than the dance music that was coming out in the early 90s. It only pains me that there are some people into electronic music today that will never get a chance to hear and appreciate that stuff. Shit, I only ever liked it because my older brother did (was born in 1980... do the math).

Well, there are still clubs that do it. Old skool hasn't died, in some ways there is a mini revival. There are people that still loose their mind to old skool Hardcore/House/Jungle. :)

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
Alright, so I've listened to Zomby's new album and have to say that I fancied Where Were You In '92? a great deal more.

In other words . . .

>

It's not that it's bad. It simply doesn't captivate me as much, as it's far too subdued for my tastes.

So I'm here asking for some recommendations similar to it. Anything that's bass/break-beat is welcome. Ah, and I am also fascinated in hearing some more 90's jungle, too. Albums recommendations are preferable, no YouTube links required, since I like albums instead of individual tracks.

Shaneus

leadbelly said:
Well, there are still clubs that do it. Old skool hasn't died, in some ways there is a mini revival. There are people that still loose their mind to old skool Hardcore/House/Jungle. :)
Not in Australia, unfortunately :/ I'm not that fussed, though... I always do the next best thing and put together a random bedroom set after a big night out with the music I've collected over the years.

Should record one someday, but setting up your PC to record while smashed is REALLY hard ;)

leadbelly

Banned
hateradio said:
So I'm here asking for some recommendations similar to it. Anything that's bass/break-beat is welcome. Ah, and I am also fascinated in hearing some more 90's jungle, too. Albums recommendations are preferable, no YouTube links required, since I like albums instead of individual tracks.

Well, I would suggest doing the search: Early 90's old skool hardcore or jungle.

There are loads of mix tapes out there. I did actually post some tracks in a previous thread which you might like. There are loads of stuff out there though. Some might be more to your taste than others.

Krome & Time - This Sound Is For The Underground
Family Foundation - Express Yourself (Ragga Rave Mix)
Fat Controller - In Complete Darkness
Dance Conspiracy - Dub War (Chapter 1)
Nookie - Gonna Be Alright (Cloud 9 Remix) (1993)
Sound Corp 'Dream Finder'
MC Lethal - Rave Digger.
Jonny L - Hurt U So [The 'Full' Mix]
Awesome 3 - Don't Go
Liquid - Liquid Is Liquid
Blame - Music Takes You
4 HERO -- Cooking Up Yah' Brain Rmx
Elevation - Can You Feel It
congress - 40 miles (original white label mix)
RAMOS, SUPREME & SUNSET REGIME - GOT TO BELIEVE
Tango - Can't Stop the Rush.

leadbelly

Banned
Shaneus said:
Not in Australia, unfortunately :/ I'm not that fussed, though... I always do the next best thing and put together a random bedroom set after a big night out with the music I've collected over the years.

Should record one someday, but setting up your PC to record while smashed is REALLY hard ;)

Ah, I see. I'm from the UK.

leadbelly

Banned
hateradio said:
no YouTube links required, since I like albums instead of individual tracks.

lol

I didn't read all of what you said. :)

I know there is a Mix CD from DJ Ricky Worden. You won't really find proper albums unless you search for more mainstream groups like 'The Prodigy'. Their early stuff is pretty much like that. A lot of the tracks you will hear on those mixes though are more underground. They only really exist on vinyl.

Your best bet is to find modern mix CDs that are old skool mixes.

leadbelly

Banned
a posh hammer said:
talking about oldschool stuff, has this been posted? http://www.afropop.org/radio/radio_program/ID/826

a radio show on the history of chicago house and detroit techno. i knew most of the story, but the interviews and stuff are pretty cool. also explains the reason why house is getupanddance, where techno is more introspective (at least at their roots)

Yeah, quite interesting. That's where House pretty much originated from, right?

So, i've compiled a little "summer mix" for anyone who wants a free mixtape of music that i've felt fits the summer vibe.

Peep it here for download on my facebook and let me know what you think!

facebook.com/filthypaw

I'm an up and coming solo artist known as "Filthy Paw" who's into electronic music, and am trying to work on fusing my r&b vocals and create an interesting hybrid.

You can't hear it on the mixtape, but i'm working on a free album entitled "Melody Jungle" that's slated to be released later this year and there is an instrumental to a song i've worked on that i'm going to be singing on Melody Jungle. That track is previewed on the summer mixtape, so let me know about that as well.

I love GAF as a forum and i'd love to hear the opinions from you guys! Thank you very much!

Ashhong

joelseph

hateradio said:

Actress - Splazsh EP - Just go download this RIGHT NOW

Splazsh200.jpg

Becoming Real

Becoming-Real.jpg

Other artists you might like:

Kode9
Ben UFO
Joe

Top Bottom