• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF Groundbreaking Electronic Music Thread™

Miroku

Yes, very interested in seeing what's in this mix. The only track I recognise is Surgeon's "Radiance" at around 51 minutes. Can't wait for 6th Method.

and here it is...

• Reformed Faction – Hollerei (Soleilmoon)
• Northern Structures – Powertools (Sonic Groove)
• Gigi Galaxy – Interview with an alien (Teknotika vs. Eye Q UK edit)
• Orphx vs. Ancient Methods – unreleased
• Pan Sonic – Lähetys/Transmission (Blast First Petite)
• NHK – Entire Set (Raster-Noton)
• Sawf – Zelo Radial Rmx (Perc Trax)
• Karl O’Connor & Peter Sutton – Under Skin (Tresor)
• Silent Servant – El Mar Svreca Remix Two (Semantica)
• Carl Michael von Hausswolff – The North is protected (Sähkö)
• Edge of Motion – Del Motimiento (Djax Up)
• Monolith – Tribal Globe (Daft)
• Waldteufel – Das wilde Heer vom Hörselberg (Percht)
• Space DJ’s – Statistical Mechanics (Perc Trax)
• Robert Hood – Minus (Tresor)
• Mike Parker – Untitled (Geophone)
• Instincts – The Mystery Visions track 2 (Cyclic Law)
• Ugandan Methods – unreleased
• Frown – Untitled (Clip)
• Trans Am – I’m coming down (Thrill Jockey)
• Go Hiyama – Quibble (HueHelix)
• Regis – Blinding Horses (Blackest Ever Black)
• Makai – Beneath the mask (Prescription)
• Rory St. John – Noughtsmith (Singularity)
• Back Pack Poets – Objective G (Electric Deluxe)
• Siamgda – Andrumeda/Caravan Celebration Loop (Mind Plug)
• Surgeon – Radiance (Dynamic Tension)
• Mordant Music – Symptoms (Mordant Music)
• Forward Strategy Group – Code 02 (Perc Trax)
• Hecate & Kareem – Medusal (Zhark)
• Steve Stoll – Machine Riot (Earwiggle)
• Death in June/Iesope Drift – Fields/People Drift Loop (Leprosy Discs/E-Com)

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
great tune, but if i was going to pick anything from that EP to highlight it would be:

laurel halo - constant index

which puts off weird early 2000s digital witchcraft/prog breaks vibes.

prrrrrrrrrrrrrobably a stupid question, but are you familiar with either:

Global Communication - 8:07

Carbon Based Lifeforms - Photosynthesis

the track you posted immediately reminded me of both those acts.

I just have to say, I had the pleasure of running into Tom Middleton during Electric Zoo in NYC one year, and he is one of the friendliest, most humble people you will ever meet. Someone who had his hand in stuff like "Shinkansen", "Take Me With You" (as Cosmos), "Disco Magic" as Jedi Knights, and not to mention being 1/2 of Global Communication.... yet he was so impressed that I loved his tracks and even took his time to snap a picture with me: http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/6835_128094618982_580308982_2461896_8208160_n.jpg

That techno set above everyone is making a big deal of looks kinda interesting, shame it's blocked here @ work :(

Shaneus

I just have to say, I had the pleasure of running into Tom Middleton during Electric Zoo in NYC one year, and he is one of the friendliest, most humble people you will ever meet. Someone who had his hand in stuff like "Shinkansen", "Take Me With You" (as Cosmos), "Disco Magic" as Jedi Knights, and not to mention being 1/2 of Global Communication.... yet he was so impressed that I loved his tracks and even took his time to snap a picture with me: http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/6835_128094618982_580308982_2461896_8208160_n.jpg

That techno set above everyone is making a big deal of looks kinda interesting, shame it's blocked here @ work :(
Tell me you've heard this. TELL ME YOU'VE HEARD IT..

Just when I thought I'd nailed my top 5 tracks in my head, turns out I'd completely forgotten that it came out this year. Bliss.

Hey GAF, i'm working on an EP and I need your help.

I've been looking all over the internet for a cool quote coming from a rapper that's similar to Mob Deep's Infamous: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhnMLPmA_r8

Can someone point me to a quote from a rapper that could work as an intermission or interlude? Something from an old mixtape, and the track has to have no background noise like that one above ^

I would really appreciate it!

Please someone recognize somebody on this list and im praying not because its shite. Its my NYE that ive been forced into ;(

100 % Old Skool Classics Arena

Midnight Live PA: Rachel Wallace Tell Me Why
Slipmatt & Billy Daniel Bunter with Charlie B (Exclusive Midnight B2B Set)
DJ SY (Exclusive London Set)
Ratpack
Twista & Trix
Food Junky
Squirrel
Skie
Snypa
DJ Sense
Swifty B
DJ Genetic
JC
DJ Rumble

MCs
Everson Allen
Charlie B
Cutter
3flow
Fusion
Lyrical Groover
DHD

100% Jungle Classics Arena

Kenny Ken & Jumping Jack Frost with Moose (Exclusive 90 Minute Midnight B2B Set)
Randall with Five Alive
Spice
Ash A Tac
Funky Flirt
Inter with MC Deefa
Probe
SLB with MC Myst
DJ SO with MC Speach
Noshad D with MC Linden D

MCs
Moose
Five Alive
Bassline MC
Shockin B
Deefa
Speach
Linden D
Myst

100% Old Skool House and Club Classics Arena

Matt Emulsion & Stuart Jay (90 Minute Midnight Set)
Huckleberry Finn
Jason Cadden (Toolroom Records / Kiss 100)
Rob Blake
Steve Stritton
Lee Freeland
Mr X
PSR
Pete Dorling (Dirty Funki)

okno

John, I'm so sorry but that list does not inspire much confidence :( judging from your posts here, you might have a hard time there. Im sure it'll still be fun, but you probably won't LOVE it. The only name on there I would personally go see is Mr. X. Still, the Jungle room looks fun.

That's great to hear, Middleton's work with Mark Pritchard is always class. Their Back In the Box mix is probably my favorite mix from a track selection point of view. It totally defines my favorite type of music.

great tune, but if i was going to pick anything from that EP to highlight it would be:

laurel halo - constant index

which puts off weird early 2000s digital witchcraft/prog breaks vibes.

Yeah, that's a good one too, it gives me a Yoko Kanno vibe. It's not highlight for me though. Hour Logic is like a long lost Carl Craig or Derrick May track. Completely on a different level for me.

John, I'm so sorry but that list does not inspire much confidence :( judging from your posts here, you might have a hard time there. Im sure it'll still be fun, but you probably won't LOVE it. The only name on there I would personally go see is Mr. X. Still, the Jungle room looks fun.

buyao.jpg

Goddamn it. I have a feeling the jungle room will be where I will setup camp anyway.. and I could have gone to this... ughhhhh
UNXBL-NYE-BACK600xr-416x834.jpg

okno

Um. Uh. That Urban Nerds party looks unfuckingbelievable. Do everything in your power to get there. Boddika, Jackmaster B2b w/ Oneman?!, Loefah, Deadboy AND Pinch?! All in the same room?!?!

Um. Uh. That Urban Nerds party looks unfuckingbelievable. Do everything in your power to get there. Boddika, Jackmaster B2b w/ Oneman?!, Loefah, Deadboy AND Pinch?! All in the same room?!?!

Tell me about it :/ Cant do anything to change it now, kind of pissed as every new years I make a plan then it gets blown out and we end up doing something crap because of someone else. Oh well.
Got the Pinch fabric cd launch that I might go to, James blake on the 28th and maybe Rustie on the 13th I think so its not like im devoid of other good nights.

okno

Made my brother a mix for him for Christmas, thought I'd share it with you guys, too.

http://soundcloud.com/erkr/yuletide-slay

Mark Ernestus - Mark Ernestus Meets BBC (Dub Version)
Byetone - T.E.L.E.G.R.A.M.M.
Efdemin - Shoeshine (Deadbeat Remix)
A Made Up Sound - Take the Plunge (Beat Mix)
Cio D'Or - Wasserkraft (Silent Servant Remix)
Function - Picabia
Morphosis - Too Far (Marcel Dettmann Definition 2)
Blawan - Peaches (Melting Flesh)
Mosca - Jager
Perc & Giorgio Gigli - Sg8
ASC - Slow Burn
Marcel Dettmann - Translation One
Mike Dehnert - Bar2
Peter van Hoesen - Desay Duty
Cosmin TRG - Ritmat
John Spring - Drummachines
Claro Intelecto - Thieves
Tobias. - Party Town
Sendai - Below K-Pun (Peter van Hoesen Remix)

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Everyone needs to listen to this:

Adam Sky's Bipolar Boogie Mixtape

1.ADAM SKY everybody wants 2 be a dj
2.MK burning
3.JOHN TEJADA unstable condition
4.MARIO + VIDIS feat. ERNESTO changed
5.KELO glimpse
6.PJ HARVEY the dancer
7.ALTER EGO daktari
8.FIRE ISLAND in your bones
9.MICHNA king's highway
10.VIADRINA all i want (one dark martian rmx)
11.GEORGE FITZGERALD hearts
12.ADAMSKI better daze
13.AME,OSUNLADE envison (ame rmx)
14.MODESELEKTOR german clap
15.SURKIN ultra light
16.HANNAH HOLLAND gurl
17.SIRIUSMO komm mit
18.ADAM SKY and MIKKI babe i'm gonna leave u (demo mix)
19.MATT BIANCO wap bam boogie (adam sky unauthorized rmx)
20.JAMIE XX far nearer

55 minutes of musical perfection.

Enjoy!

Alucrid

Banned
I had the Jamiexx fact mix on my to listen to list for a while and just got around to it. It's damn good. Really good. Jamie killing it again.

leadbelly

Banned
Please someone recognize somebody on this list and im praying not because its shite. Its my NYE that ive been forced into ;(

100 % Old Skool Classics Arena

Midnight Live PA: Rachel Wallace Tell Me Why
Slipmatt & Billy Daniel Bunter with Charlie B (Exclusive Midnight B2B Set)
DJ SY (Exclusive London Set)
Ratpack
Twista & Trix
Food Junky
Squirrel
Skie
Snypa
DJ Sense
Swifty B
DJ Genetic
JC
DJ Rumble

MCs
Everson Allen
Charlie B
Cutter
3flow
Fusion
Lyrical Groover
DHD

100% Jungle Classics Arena

Kenny Ken & Jumping Jack Frost with Moose (Exclusive 90 Minute Midnight B2B Set)
Randall with Five Alive
Spice
Ash A Tac
Funky Flirt
Inter with MC Deefa
Probe
SLB with MC Myst
DJ SO with MC Speach
Noshad D with MC Linden D

MCs
Moose
Five Alive
Bassline MC
Shockin B
Deefa
Speach
Linden D
Myst

100% Old Skool House and Club Classics Arena

Matt Emulsion & Stuart Jay (90 Minute Midnight Set)
Huckleberry Finn
Jason Cadden (Toolroom Records / Kiss 100)
Rob Blake
Steve Stritton
Lee Freeland
Mr X
PSR
Pete Dorling (Dirty Funki)

:O

I wish I could go. I want to see Ratpack and DJ SY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKE3QiEy958&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fF50X2q7jAU&feature=related

Shaneus

Tomorrow!
Who should I go see, GAF? There are some obvious ones but also some not-so-obvious, so fire away! Weather will be fucking hot though, tipped to hit around 36 deg. C :/

Shaneus

Hey, ElectroGAF. Tell me if this seems a bit odd: New Year's Day music festival merchandise (t-shirts etc.) advertising DJ Mehdi as a part of the lineup. Weird, right? What sort of festival organisers would have the merchandise made more than three months before the event?!?

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Tomorrow!
Who should I go see, GAF? There are some obvious ones but also some not-so-obvious, so fire away! Weather will be fucking hot though, tipped to hit around 36 deg. C :/

Sasha and Seth Troxler are the 2 that really jump out to me... I'd stay away from Calvin Harris, he was pretty disappointing at Electric Zoo this year, just played his tracks and commercial electro house. I'd also avoid Morillo, if only because I know what kinda crowd he gets in NYC (guidos, which I believe are similar to your "wogs" and "bogans") :p

Flying Lotus and Radioslave would be pretty interesting to see too.

Actually just noticed the date, who did you end up seeing? :p

Meadows

Banned
NYE was awesome!

Saw:

Annie Mac
Fake Blood
Rivva Star
Jaguar Skillz
MistaJam
Now Wave DJs
Drop the Mustard
Krysko
Doorly

Now Wave DJs were the best imo, closely followed by Mistajam and Fake Blood.

Warehouse Project is fucking awesome.

leadbelly

Banned
It was an...interesting night.
I preferred the jungle room. I could have been in a far worse club to be honest but I have a real thing about going out to places and hearing music I cant get into atall, all night.

Club was good though so wouldnt mind going on a night for Djs I actually like!

So what was the Ratpack set like?

So what was the Ratpack set like?
God knows! I couldnt tell one dj from the next and I didnt know what they/he looked like.

bit expensive, but I felt I had to go considering it was the last proper night they did before they got kicked out of the bomb shelter. Amazing venue, it will be missed :(

Yeah that was my motivation to go but shame nobody else shared it! Oh well I would rather be close to London and all clubs venues there then near warehouse project I guess.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Sandwell District have called it quits:

tumblr_lx1bioQitf1qza06jo1_500.jpg

On the positive side, they definitely left on a high note and I'm always excited to see where these guys will go next.

Shaneus

Sasha and Seth Troxler are the 2 that really jump out to me... I'd stay away from Calvin Harris, he was pretty disappointing at Electric Zoo this year, just played his tracks and commercial electro house. I'd also avoid Morillo, if only because I know what kinda crowd he gets in NYC (guidos, which I believe are similar to your "wogs" and "bogans") :p

Flying Lotus and Radioslave would be pretty interesting to see too.

Actually just noticed the date, who did you end up seeing? :p
Memory's a bit sketchy due to the weather, but I'll try my best:
Last 5 mins of Busy P - not enough to really judge, but from what I saw he wasn't terribly into it.
Phil K - Great, as usual. Very deep but still clubby and kinda bangin' house set which made for a great psych-up for the day ahead. Always love his work.
In Flagranti - woeful. Horrible mixing and track selection was all over the shop.
Radioslave - nailed it HARD. Didn't really recognise any specific tracks (save for the original of Grindhouse) but it was all good, deep, subtly progressive music that had me stuck in a groove for the whole set. Probably the best of the day for me.
Sasha - Unfortunately, a disappointment. Saw him for around 10 mins after Radioslave and never seemed to get into it, just kinda boring, dull prog. Went for a walk and came back an hour or so later and was playing essentially the same track... no real energy or enthusiasm to it at all.
Mighty Fools - Well into it, erred on the side of commercial but aggressive and gritty electro but nailed what they were trying to do. Were well into their mixing too which of course does a great job of upping the excitement of the audience. Surprise of the day, I think.
Calvin Harris - Decent, but seemed to try to push it too hard most of the time. First time we saw him was a few years ago when he was playing the massive main stage in mid-afternoon and just rocked the perfect commercial but cruisy sound but here it was later in the day and just... I dunno. Not shit, but far from as good as I was expecting.
Moby - Damn, damn hard set with some killer remixes of his old tracks, as well as originals and tracks by other artists. Finishing his set with Thousand was epic as fuck. Loved it!
Pendulum - Not as great as I thought they'd be, but at the same time better than I thought they'd be. I think enjoyment of their songs was better but could've been tighter as a band. Played a tiny bit of their Voodoo People remix as well as the ABC News theme cover (this is the original one, for reference... perhaps listen to this first) that was done for Aussie radio station Triple J's "Like a Version" (bands do covers of songs. ie. Ben Folds did Such Great Heights) segment. Not sure if I'd have them at the end of the night (Moby's set would be a better fit IMO) but still a decent way to finish.

That's about it, I think! Only really dodgy thing that occurred was the fact that DJ Mehdi was still listed as one a part of the lineup on the merchandise. Whoops.

Also, on my way out found a flyer saying that (at different gigs) Anthony Pappa and Plump DJ's will be playing (different dates/venues) in the coming weeks. Worth going to either (or both)?

okno

That news about Sandwell District is really, really, really sad. They just had a spate of amazing releases and they seemed to be moving in a great direction. Hopefully we'll hear something from them soon.

Ill Saint

Strange that Sandwell are closing when they just recently entered this 'new phase' of theirs. I wasn't particularly impressed with their recent output I have to admit. Feed Forward was kinda timid. Regardless, they're a talented and interestig bunch, especially Regis.

Top Bottom