• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official "Real-Time with Bill Maher" Thread

Well these two fatasses are super original

-Obama didn't say act of terror
-2008 was better than 2012
-Voter fraud is a problem

derp

NYR

LOUD NOISES!!!!

Maher said it best - he set the tone of the show and fucked it up. Disaster of a show.

Hazmat

I couldn't get through the panel. I don't know if I've ever had to turn it off because of how bad it was before.

Milabrega

I didn't think there could ever be a panel worse than Ron Christie or that Libertarian Radio guy, but this was it. What a waste of the Rolling Stones guy.

Cake Boss

Banned
Sweet jesus I had to turn it off during the panel.

That little women was more annoying than the 2 republican tards because of random screaming and her point and her arguments were just cringe worthy.

Awful, awful episode. It's been decades and Bill Maher still needs to learn how to moderate. I wish Taibbi had talked more, but I don't blame him for not trying to get through to those two morons.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
Two minutes into the panel portion and I fuckin hate the episode already. Why even bother inviting these shit head republicans on the show? Is it solely for the purpose of exposing them as the shit heads they are?

Bill Maher just said they're "so fucked up", lol.

Nuklear

Banned
I didn't even finish this weeks episode. After Bill explained to them at least five times that Obama said it was a terror act the day after those two dumbasses kept said no repeatedly I gave up. There wasn't going to be any constructive to come out of that. They had their talking points and weren't going deviate and speak like real human beings.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Fuck i missed this weeks episode but it sounds like it was a shitfest. I kinda wanna see it more now. Do they do replays???

I don't know about this being the worst episode.....but I surely do about it being among the worst. If the only conservatives left to come on are the ones that haven't burned their bridges with the show solely so they can get on and put on a heavily scripted "show" the likes of Fund or Gillespie---then the show needs to look beyond the usual suspects on the political/national spectrum, hell shift back into the broad net that Politically Incorrect casted because it would be a tall order to consistently wind up with the same, or worse, panel quality as has been trending these past few seasons as the well just kept on getting shallower even beyond mainstays like Hitchens dying.

methane47

Anyone else think John fund looks like a young Wallace shawn

john-fund-cropped-proto-custom_6.jpg

20090901_wallaceshawn_250x375.jpg

Screen-shot-2011-12-21-at-8.00.11-AM.png

Kinda sounds like him too

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Wow, you guys weren't exaggerating. That was pretty bad. The bubble segment was just uncanny, and a reminder as to why no one should listen to Republicans on anything ever.

I did like how Bill got John Fund to unintentionally admit Bush was a moron though.

Next week we get

Barney Frank
Elliot Spitzer
Nate Silver

Should be awesom

Don't even need the last e of awesome

No right wingers? :(

Fusebox

Banned
I thought this weeks panel was hilarious.

Bill used the two Reps as a punching bag for the most part, and Goldie acted like his attack dog, mirroring his questions and rebuttals and even mirroring his body language in parts. I spent most of the panel pmsl.

The guy at the start about the GM food was fascinating, I'm getting his book for sure.

sruckus

Friday's episode was a reminder of why I drink for every episode. Makes it ten times more entertaining, especially the shouting matches.

I was also behind and caught the previous episode with Ben Affleck. He seemed pretty knowledgable. I liked listening to him.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery

Bill used the two Reps as a punching bag for the most part, and Goldie acted like his attack dog, mirroring his questions and rebuttals and even mirroring his body language in parts. I spent most of the panel pmsl.

The guy at the start about the GM food was fascinating, I'm getting his book for sure.

It's the yelling that made it unbearable. It is true that when Bill was able to make his points, they landed quite well.

inm8num2

Yea I agree. Just an unpleasant episode of shouting, interruptions, and posturing. The entire panel was an abomination, but having Matt Taibbi on made it up for me.

If Goldie was his attack dog she needs to be put down. She came across like she had no idea WTF she was talking about and actually made Fund and the other guy look good.

Fusebox

Banned
Oh I agree, she was terrible. I hate the way she starts talking over the top of people, and if they don't immediately stop what they were saying she keeps repeating the start her sentence over and over until they stop, but it was pretty funny seeing her repeat Bills statements and throw her hands in the air in exasperation at the same time he was.

Nuklear

Banned
What a clusterfuck this week's episode was. It reminded me of the episode of two weeks ago though I would love to nail Margaret Hoover.

Jooney

I think cluster is a bit much. Sure, Rick Lazio was his usual self, peddling the same tired Republican talking points about the economy. But that young fella that came out as the final guest really nailed it I thought. And Bill and Rob talking Romney to task about his previous comments on FEMA was spot on.

Also worth watching the overtime if you haven't already.

Fusebox

Banned
Anyone notice Bills ties are starting to approach normal width? Good to see him finally start moving away from that 90s skinny-tie coke-head look.

Didn't like this episode as much as past, but still good overall. I honestly can't hate Bill Maher, dude dated Cara Santa Maria...the nerd girl of my dreams.

Top Bottom