• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official RESIDENT EVIL 5 Thread of LOOK OUT: SPOILER TAGS CONTAIN ACTUAL SPOILERS

brandonh83 said:
yeah, you really ought to.

then again this message is brought to you by the resident GAF Homecoming supporter to the depths of hell, and there are very few people who thinks the game is as good as I do. :lol

I feel the same way about Homecoming honestly! Awesome game imo.

But back on topic. So are people actually getting shipped copies of the game early already or just leaked version being plastered all over? I def don't want more spoiled!

Daigoro

Demo question:

anyone ever seen a Chris player get out from behind the locked door in Shanty Town without any help from Sheva?

i was with a Japanese player this weekend, and i was Sheva in the building opposite from the locked door. all of a sudden Chris shows up in the bulding with me, but i never kicked the door open for him.

anyone know?

tass0 said:
FFS. This always f*cking happens. Why do all 360 games get leaked and now I have to avoid forums so I don't get spoiled.

Crappy security features on the 360 and that DVD (the medium) is so widespread. Not to come off fanboyish, but isn't the PS3 the only system still not cracked?

USD

Daigoro said:
Demo question:

anyone ever seen a Chris player get out from behind the locked door in Shanty Town without any help from Sheva?

i was with a Japanese player this weekend, and i was Sheva in the building opposite from the locked door. all of a sudden Chris shows up in the bulding with me, but i never kicked the door open for him.

anyone know?
Yeah. When I get impatient with dumb players, I just speedrun the stage.

Grenade trick:

From the second floor of the locked building, grab the two grenades and go to the balcony. You should see a pillar to the right; this is just above where the locked door is. Stand about 5-8 feet to the right of the pillar, facing the adjacent building (where you normally boost Sheva to). Throw a frag grenade against the blue sign in front of you (aiming your throw slightly downwards). You might blow up one or two of the red barrels in the process, but if done properly, the door should then be open.

Daigoro

USD said:
Yeah. When I get impatient with dumb players, I just speedrun the stage.

Grenade trick:

From the second floor of the locked building, grab the two grenades and go to the balcony. You should see a pillar to the right; this is just above where the locked door is. Stand about 5-8 feet to the right of the pillar, facing the adjacent building (where you normally boost Sheva to). Throw a frag grenade against the blue sign in front of you (aiming your throw slightly downwards). You might blow up one or two of the red barrels in the process, but if done properly, the door should then be open.

gotcha, now that you mention it i think i did read this somewhere, it just didnt register.

im ging to try it out.

thanks.

Blueblur1

rainking187 said:
Wat.

I honestly can't think of a single redeeming feature to Home.
I don't care for Home but I'm sure there are fanboys out there that will defend it to death.

I'm going to try that grenade trick later!

Wark

I'll have to avoid a couple websites because I'm pretty much set to my code red blackout mode right now. :lol Now that the game has leaked I'm tempted to search for spoilers, but I'll try to resist. I
hope I
won't get spoiled before the game comes out.
:(

I can't find any new spoilers anywhere. I've searched here, GameFAQs, reHorror's boards, and... well, that's it, but I can't find anything new.

KeeSomething said:
I can't find any new spoilers anywhere. I've searched here, GameFAQs, reHorror's boards, and... well, that's it, but I can't find anything new.

=( don't spoil it for yourself, my god man it comes out next week!

KeeSomething said:

Try biohaze.com. I have no clue if we have new spoilers i just want to pimp the site. :p

If there is new info we would have it.

brandonh83 said:
=( don't spoil it for yourself, my god man it comes out next week!
Reading spoilers excites me, though! Plus, I have an extra week before I can finally buy the game.

I just need to know... everything about the story and all bosses. Oh! And all the returning characters from past RE games.

MiamiWesker said:
Try biohaze.com. I have no clue if we have new spoilers i just want to pimp the site. :p

If there is new info we would have it.
You own Biohaze? Very cool! I used to visit that place. I'll check it out; you better not being lying or I'll spam your forums with naked pictures! Just playing (but I do have the naked pictures to do it!).

I know how you feel but I've been hearing... things... I don't know too many specifics but the gist of it is that this is something you don't want to have spoiled.

FrankT

BlackGoku03 said:
We just got these in yesterday.

IMG_0038-1.jpg

Oh nice. Just saw the achievements, good stuff. It looks like Capcom is going to make us work for them again.

I really like the music that plas at the end of each chapter. Very mellow. Reminds me of the save room theme in the first Resident Evil.

Wark said:
You're tempting me!!!
Go on! Watch it! You know you want to! I just saw the most epic battle between Chris and around 10
Lickers
. Oh, and Chapter 4 and 5 seem to take place in a more... creepy atmosphere. No more bright outdoors, this is a tad more like the eariler RE games. ;)

Ridley327

What the hell, they took out the ability to use health items rather than picking them up. LAME.

I dunno; maybe it's because they're playing on normal, but this really doesn't look all that exciting. Even the
U8
encounter was rote and unenthusiastic. Where's the threat level?

Ridley327 said:
What the hell, they took out the ability to use health items rather than picking them up. LAME.

I dunno; maybe it's because they're playing on normal, but this really doesn't look all that exciting. Even the U8 encounter was rote and unenthusiastic. Where's the threat level?
I think they're playing easy mode.

Anyways, it looks exciting to me. It's a lot more like classic RE, or
the end portions of RE4

xfactor

Banned
KeeSomething said:
Huh? I put up spoiler tags. It's your own fault for reading them.

Its not about that. Its the whole 'spreading the spoiler video to each & every corner of the internet' thing and now I can't find a heaven where I can discuss the game without someone who've watched the feed and come in and gives vague spoilers and stuffs.

Papercuts said:
It's so tempting to click, but I guess it's bail out time. :lol
Don't do that. Please yourself by watching this live video.

xfactor said:
Its not about that. Its the whole 'spreading the spoiler video to each & every corner of the internet' thing and now I can't find a heaven where I can discuss the game without someone who've watched the feed and come in and gives vague spoilers and stuffs.
Haha! It's fun posting spoilers. You should try it.

I like... most of you and don't want you guys to get banned or something and can't discuss the game when we're playing through it so stop
bitching
with each other. :D

But we're
just playing around I think.

Holy wow wow! This guy sucks are RE5! My god, it's almost hard to watch. And it's freakin' EASY MODE!

Wark

KeeSomething said:
But we're
just playing around I think.

Holy wow wow! This guy sucks are RE5! My god, it's almost hard to watch. And it's freakin' EASY MODE!

I'm totally not you fuckin' bitch!
I am :)

Okay I couldn't resist, I had to take a glimpse and... the part I just saw, oh dear GOD the music is AWESOME AS ALL HELL. AWESOME. FREAKIN. OST. ON THE WAY.

edit: some of us are playing around but I thought there was a bit of heat at the top of the page :lol but then I re-read it and nah, all seems good. I just don't want to see stuff get out of control... carry on.

xfactor

Banned
No way man. Can someone make a spoiler thread for RE5/Bio5 and shift the spoilers stuffs over there? I don't want to get my eyes stained so much before I got the game tomorrow. RAWR

xfactor said:
No way man. Can someone make a spoiler thread for RE5/Bio5 and shift the spoilers stuffs over there? I don't want to get my eyes stained so much before I got the game tomorrow. RAWR

please do find a fiery pit and leap into it.

Wark said:
I'm totally not you fuckin' bitch!
I am :)
Well, did you know that Chris
in Code Veronica
saves Claire from Wesker? Well now you do!

Also, Jill gets beat up by BOWS in
Resident Evil 3

Oh, guys, be careful of spoilers. They're everywhere. It's like a virus! Kinda how in Resident Evil 5 when the
thing happens and then the other things happens
!

BamYouHaveAids said:
Those pistol pickups were giving him 30 shots each. That seems really high. Boss fight looks good.

the animations in this game are way too good, like what I saw made the hairs on my entire body stand up straight. felt like there were spiders crawling all over my body when I saw it (no the boss had nothing to do with a spider). :D

BUT THE MUSIC OH MY GODDDAAWWWDDDDDDDD

Top Bottom