• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official RESIDENT EVIL 5 Thread of LOOK OUT: SPOILER TAGS CONTAIN ACTUAL SPOILERS

~Kinggi~ said:
I refuse to watch the stream. Just 10 more days.......aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Dude, you really need to watch it. Grab a snack, sit down at your computer, and chillax to a live playthrough of Resident Evil 5.

~Kinggi~

Banned
KeeSomething said:
Dude, you really need to watch it. Grab a snack, sit down at your computer, and chillax to a live playthrough of Resident Evil 5.
get out of here with that science fiction talk, fool

rumsey

So from what I understand, the local co-op that was in the demo for the 360 is nowhere to be found in the final product...? Is it something that has to be unlocked by completing the game first? Because frankly, that would be horrible.

Dear god the music is so epicly kickass that I have it playing in the background, not watching what's going on. It's that awesome. If this music is any indication, this is the best RE OST yet, by a country mile.

Too bad I'll have to stop listening once that sequence is over.

~Kinggi~

Banned
brandonh83 said:
Dear god the music is so epicly kickass that I have it playing in the background, not watching what's going on. It's that awesome. If this music is any indication, this is the best RE OST yet, by a country mile.
For this to be true, it needs to have a save theme.

~Kinggi~ said:
For this to be true, it needs to have a save theme.

Save theme or not the music is THAT AWESOME. I did see though (not a bad spoiler but will spoil tag it in case
between stages and after game over screens, like a brief "get ready" screen like in Devil May Cry pre-post missions. And it had the sound of the classic RE save rooms

Wark

xfactor said:
No way man. Can someone make a spoiler thread for RE5/Bio5 and shift the spoilers stuffs over there? I don't want to get my eyes stained so much before I got the game tomorrow. RAWR

How you getting the game so early?

Anybody in Northeast Ohio find any places that broke/are breaking street date?

Erebus

brandonh83 said:

MP3 or didn't happen...:lol

tass0

Banned
I choked.. I saw a live feed and... holy fucking shit this game looks so amazing it's unbelievable, I think I just accidently saw the final boss and holy fuck
if it's really who I think it is then
o_O

I didn't have high hopes for RE5 but after seeing this, I am so damn excited, I wish I didn't see this footage though, so I can experience the game in all it's glory on my nice tv (luckily I only saw 10 secs)

bring on teh zombies !

DarkUSS said:
MP3 or didn't happen...:lol

My lord I wish I had an MP3, hell I want the WHOLE SOUNDTRACK now. If that one track, like I said is any indication WHATSOEVER... we're in for a fantastic score.

brandonh83 said:

Really? I still think Resident Evil 2 has thebest soundtrack. By far. I do like the theme being playing now (it's from the trailer), but I'm not crazy about it.

This is, and always will be, the best RE theme.

RE5 does havea beautiful theme played at the menu at the end of each chapter, though.

RE2 is still my favorite RE game period so likewise the score is my favorite as well. I don't think RE5's will top it overall, but what I just listened to sure was amazing.

Wark

xfactor said:
The game will be officially out tomorrow in Japan/Asia.

Oh damn, I thought you were talking about getting the game a day before any official releases, but I completely forgot about the time zones. :p

Christopher

KeeSomething said:
Really? I still think Resident Evil 2 has thebest soundtrack. By far. I do like the theme being playing now (it's from the trailer), but I'm not crazy about it.

This is, and always will be, the best RE theme.

RE5 does havea beautiful theme played at the menu at the end of each chapter, though.

The only tracks really that are good are William Birkin's final fight, the save room, and the RPD theme.

RE3 and the REmake have a far far better soundtrack.

xfactor stop the damn whining, log off the computer or stop clicking RE5 related things.

Rpgmonkey

Watching the stream a bit because I'm bored. Nothing major going on story or surprise wise right now it seems anyway.

Dude kinda sucks, but this is now a day one or two purchase. :)

tass0

Banned
Christopher said:
The only tracks really that are good are William Birkin's final fight, the save room, and the RPD theme.

RE3 and the REmake have a far far better soundtrack.

xfactor stop the damn whining, log off the computer or stop clicking RE5 related things.

Every single tune in RE2 is amazing on their own except maybe one (I forgot the name)

IMO RE2 has the greatest OST ever

Erebus

KeeSomething said:
Are you basing this observation off of the live stream? Because that's a stupid person playing, not AI.

Dumb person playing = as smart as an AI can be :lol

KeeSomething said:
Are you basing this observation off of the live stream? Because that's a stupid person playing, not AI.
Yeah he is pretty bad. I was only watching between commercials, but it seemed like every time I turned it on Shiva was getting killed.

BamYouHaveAids said:
Yeah he is pretty bad. I was only watching between commercials, but it seemed like every time I turned it on Shiva was getting killed.
Ha! Yeah, well, both people playing suck eggs. It's painful to watch at times when they waste gernade launcher rounds on common enemies, and miss with like very shot. The guy playing Chris is just a terrible shot... err...

Christopher

For those watching the live stream you are seriously going to ruin the enjoyment of getting the game fresh...trust me I did this with REmake and felt like I knew every nook and crany. RE4 I was so dehyped with after looking at everything for REmake that I didn't even bother, and was amazed.

Christopher said:
For those watching the live stream you are seriously going to ruin the enjoyment of getting the game fresh...trust me I did this with REmake and felt like I knew every nook and crany. RE4 I was so dehyped with after looking at everything for REmake that I didn't even bother, and was amazed.
There's a difference between watching something, and actually playing it. Watching this video isn't ruining anything for me.

Rpgmonkey

Quick question (don't know if it's a spoiler, haven't been paying as much attention to its features): there are no typewriters?

Ryn

Streaming live play? ...really? What a dumb way to experience/spoil a game that's not even out yet.

This is annoying.

Rpgmonkey said:
Quick question (don't know if it's a spoiler, haven't been paying as much attention to its features): there are no typewriters?
No typerwriters, just checkpoints, and you save at the end of chapters.

Gomu Gomu

KeeSomething said:
No typerwriters, just checkpoints, and you save at the end of chapters.

what the?
So if I'm in the middle of a chapter, and I want to save and get out, I can't ? I have to restart the whole chapter again when I'm back?

NeoGAFFer said:
what the?
So if I'm in the middle of a chapter, and I want to save and get out, I can't ? I have to restart the whole chapter again when I'm back?
I'm not exactly sure. I all know is that it keeps saying "Checkpoint" at the top of the screen each time you enter a new room or area. When you die, you restart from your last checkpoint.

Actually, now that I think of it, I think there has been a time when I saw it say "Saving" instead of "Checkpoint" on the top of the screen from time to time.

Wark

NeoGAFFer said:
what the?

Nope. As with a game like Gears of War, I'm sure they're generous with the amount of checkpoints you get in each level.

Even though I believe typewriters and ink ribbons are iconic to the Resident Evil series, I think bringing them back to the series while co-op is in the mix would be pointless. I think the use of checkpoints meshes better with the co-op style of gameplay that Resident Evil 5 offers.

rumsey

KeeSomething said:
A pretty cool battle is taking place on the live video now.

Chris and Sheva are fighting
Jill and Wesker.

Fuck you. I should never have highlighted that. :(

Proc

man, too many good memories of this series. resident evil save room music link was much appreciated. I had to double check my hype for this game for a second there. Yep, totally stoked for this one.

BrandNew said:
Dude, the very fact that you post that is retarded. Why not live-blog to yourself...you know, in your head?
Because this is a Resident Evil 5 thread, and I'm excited over what I'm seeing so I'm posting it. You know, there are spoiler tags. Don't be pissed at me when you highlight them.

KR3W

Banned
I feel that the PS3 version is the way to go here. The controls felt great and natural with the Dualshock 3 as opposed to the 360 controller. However, the versions seem pretty identical. Capcom does a great job, as always. goddam.

Top Bottom