• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official RESIDENT EVIL 5 Thread of LOOK OUT: SPOILER TAGS CONTAIN ACTUAL SPOILERS

Neiteio

Rash said:
I have always said that.

It was disappointing when I found out (through spoilers) that Billy wasn't in the game at all. His involvement with Africa seemed like a no-brainer plot point for RE5.
Lemme geek out here for a moment.

Imagine a DLC sidequest, like Assignment Ada, called "Resident Evil 5: Prison Break." In it, Billy goes back to Africa to do some soul-searching. He's looking for redemption, but he picked the wrong time to do it, because the Majini insurgency is going down in Kijuju. He gets mobbed, captured and knocked unconscious. Next thing he knows he's in... Wait for it... Prison! Not just any ol' prison, mind you, but THE Prison from Mercs. Turns out an old mountain stronghold has been retrofitted to hold "promising" specimens that may be suitable for stronger infections.

From his cell, Billy witnesses another innocent dragged off, pinned down and infected with a Plaga. He knows what's coming, but when the Majini gather outside his cell, he's helpless. Then HUNK busts in! Someone has sent HUNK to rescue Billy for whatever reason. So he equips Billy with a weapon, and they run through the prison complex searching for the Warden Majini, who's barking orders over the intercom, telling the other Majini to get them. They track down the Warden Majini, take him out and retrieve his key. A computer nearby tells you Billy was scheduled to receive Uroboros, and that the Majini's leader has deployed his best agent to administer the virus; of course, neither Billy nor HUNK knows what this means. Now they have to high-tail it to a gate on the lower level, with the Red Executioner in hot pursuit. This whole segment would echo Public Assembly in a way (Agitator Majini = Warden Majini, Executioner = Red Executioner).

From the prison complex they descend into some diamond mines where Majini are toiling away digging up funds for Wesker's secret plot. Here we find a great excuse to have a mine-cart ride like RE4. Sure, RE5 has the awesome boat ride in 3-3, but why not both? This mine-cart ride could literally be The Temple of Doom; let's say the tribals have some leftover ruins in the volcano, so as your minecart races through the mines it'll occasionally cross tracks spanning subterranean gulfs of lava and ancient tribal statuary. The enemies here are the Town Majini, as they're the ones working in the mines and the tribals have long since vacated.

At the end of the tracks, you're faced with two tunnels. A note you read earlier in the Warden Majini's office mentioned that a botched shipment of BOWs have taken up residence in the eastern tunnel, rendering it off-limits. Knowing this, HUNK and Billy try to take the western tunnel when... There's a cave collapse! And it seals off the western tunnel. So they have to take the eastern tunnel, the one with the nasties. It's pitch-black inside, so they use clip-on flashlights for a narrow cone of illumination. Unknown to them, there are dozens of Reapers skittering around in the dark, not to mention those lil' spidery fucks that grab you and slow you down. SCARY!

At the end, you arrive at some open-sky ruins in the volcano. Here the agent that had been deployed to administer Uroboros arrives: Bird Lady! What follows is another cool fight with plenty of opportunities to hear her sweet filtered voice. And at the end, HUNK and Billy escape, and Billy finds out Rebecca had sent HUNK to find him. (I don't know why or how, but it feels good.) And that's that.

So yeah. Prison Break. DLC. Please Capcom. :D

ICallItFutile said:
I played so much RE5 today my eyes are still dilated hours later.
That reminds me of when I first played RE4, and I was so addicted that, it being winter and all, I would look up at a bare tree and see a bird's nest and see the red targeting dot zoning in on it for spinels. :lol

Returners

Neiteio said:

Imagine a DLC sidequest, like Assignment Ada, called "Resident Evil 5: Prison Break." In it, Billy goes back to Africa to do some soul-searching. He's looking for redemption, but he picked the wrong time to do it, because the Majini insurgency is going down in Kijuju. He gets mobbed, captured and knocked unconscious. Next thing he knows he's in... Wait for it... Prison! Not just any ol' prison, mind you, but THE Prison from Mercs. Turns out an old mountain stronghold has been retrofitted to hold "promising" specimens that may be suitable for stronger infections.

From his cell, Billy witnesses another innocent dragged off, pinned down and infected with a Plaga. He knows what's coming, but when the Majini gather outside his cell, he's helpless. Then HUNK busts in! Someone has sent HUNK to rescue Billy for whatever reason. So he equips Billy with a weapon, and they run through the prison complex searching for the Warden Majini, who's barking orders over the intercom, telling the other Majini to get them. They track down the Warden Majini, take him out and retrieve his key. A computer nearby tells you Billy was scheduled to receive Uroboros, and that the Majini's leader has deployed his best agent to administer the virus; of course, neither Billy nor HUNK knows what this means. Now they have to high-tail it to a gate on the lower level, with the Red Executioner in hot pursuit. This whole segment would echo Public Assembly in a way (Agitator Majini = Warden Majini, Executioner = Red Executioner).

From the prison complex they descend into some diamond mines where Majini are toiling away digging up funds for Wesker's secret plot. Here we find a great excuse to have a mine-cart ride like RE4. Sure, RE5 has the awesome boat ride in 3-3, but why not both? This mine-cart ride could literally be The Temple of Doom; let's say the tribals have some leftover ruins in the volcano, so as your minecart races through the mines it'll occasionally cross tracks spanning subterranean gulfs of lava and ancient tribal statuary. The enemies here are the Town Majini, as they're the ones working in the mines and the tribals have long since vacated.

At the end of the tracks, you're faced with two tunnels. A note you read earlier in the Warden Majini's office mentioned that a botched shipment of BOWs have taken up residence in the eastern tunnel, rendering it off-limits. Knowing this, HUNK and Billy try to take the western tunnel when... There's a cave collapse! And it seals off the western tunnel. So they have to take the eastern tunnel, the one with the nasties. It's pitch-black inside, so they use clip-on flashlights for a narrow cone of illumination. Unknown to them, there are dozens of Reapers skittering around in the dark, not to mention those lil' spidery fucks that grab you and slow you down. SCARY!

At the end, you arrive at some open-sky ruins in the volcano. Here the agent that had been deployed to administer Uroboros arrives: Bird Lady! What follows is another cool fight with plenty of opportunities to hear her sweet filtered voice. And at the end, HUNK and Billy escape, and Billy finds out Rebecca had sent HUNK to find him. (I don't know why or how, but it feels good.) And that's that.

HUNK and Billy? It would be BROMANCE AWESEOMENESS. :D

FIST BUMP

ezekial45

Banned
Neiteio said:

Fantastic idea. :D

Just got another of those nasty achievement of Versus (Team Survivor 30 matches), only 2 to go.

I didn't check how many hours I played on Records, but should be around 65 hours, probably the game I did more hours in months.

stooopid AI Sheva unable to go and pick up her own ammo during the 6-2 boss fight
jesus christ,
the item managerial side during boss fights such as this one is ubber arrrrrgggghhh

I never brought the game at launch since my cash was low but my sister was able to grab the game for me for £22 :D so i'm happy about missing it's launch now :lol

Still a few weeks before I play it but i'm still hyped about it since the game was first announced.

xfactor

Banned
Neiteio said:
Eh? I love the hell out of my HDTV. Mindblowing 1080p and Blu-ray = <3 <3 <3.

But it's not friendly to some old games. Makes me wonder, would it be that hard for Capcom to... I dunno, up-rez RE4 and re-release it? They should do something to futureproof one of their best games.

when that happen, there'll be a 50 pages thread here dedicate to that RE4 up-res, with 49 pages of 'em bashing Capcom for re-releasing RE4 again.

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
Neiteio sounds like your HDTV has a horrible scaler. What brand TV do you have and what model? Plenty of us played RE4 on HDTV's when it came out in 2004 but even back then you needed a good quality hdtv with a primo auto scaler for 480p resolutions. Culex took some jaw dropping HDTV pics of the RE4's lava level when the game first came out and it's still amazing looking with a good quality progressive scan supported tv.

If you have a decent rig then just get the PC version. It's the closest your gonna get to an HD version especially with the high-res texture pack. It's the only version of RE4 I still play.

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
sext0n said:
I've been playing on professional the last few days. I'm about ready to start 6-1; the only level I haven't been besides chapter six is 3-3. For some reason, those guys on the chain guns rip me to shreds as soon as I get off the boat.

Anybody else have this problem?
I didn't have that problem but I can tell you what you are doing wrong. The turret majini won't come out until after you walk around that u turn where you can take cover against the wall. Just take cover and pop out to snipe the turrets. Remember the Helicopter stage in RE4 and how we had to take cover behind stuff and pop out to snipe the turrets? Same thing except they make it even easier to take cover against walls tagged with red and white candy cane stripes. If that's too hard for you just give sheva a sniper rifle and let her do it while you stand behind the wall and draw away fire.

If you you think that part was hard you should try it with a hand gun lol.

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
Speaking of the cover system in RE5 the only thing I don't like about it is that you can't adjust your position at all. You have to come out of cover mode to move left or right and that can get you killed in an intense fire fight on pro. That makes it exactly like the busted cover mode in RE4 during the helicopter sequence.

Neiteio

Shaheed79 said:
Neiteio sounds like your HDTV has ha horrible scaler. What brand TV do you have and what model. Plenty of us played RE4 on HDTV's when it came out in 2004 but even back then you needed a good quality hdtv with a primo auto scaler for 480p resolutions. Culex took some jaw dropping HDTV pics of the RE4's lava level when the game first came out and it's still amazing looking with a good quality progressive scan supported tv.

If you have a decent rig then just get the PC version. It's the closest your gonna get to an HD version especially with the high-res texture pack. It's the only version of RE4 I still play.
My HDTV's a Vizio 42-inch 1080p LCD HDTV (boy that's a lot to type). It's professionally calibrated and should be able to play RE4 just fine in progressive scan. My Wii's in perfect condition, too. Though this page of the thread has been somewhat of an exception, the numerous instances up-thread of people seeing the game washed-out on their HDTVs show this isn't an isolated incident. The game's just not cut to play well on many modern TVs; at least, not nearly as well as it looked by comparison on an SDTV.

I still have an SDTV, mind you. I just don't like relocating the Wii constantly. (The Wii's my preferred version of RE4, although I still have the GameCube version. I cherish both.)

I don't think my comp's strong enough to do the PC version justice. Back when the PC version came out I heard it was riddled with problems, but I'm sure fans have patched it up since then. If I get a strong enough comp I'll look into it for sure. What kind of controller do you use on the PC, anyway? Is there a patch so you can use a 360/PS3 controller?

Ideally, Capcom would release an HD version of RE4. If it's going to take eight years to make RE6 (yeah I know, I think they're shitting us too), then they'll need to keep the franchise on people's minds somehow, and rereleases are a good start. Even better would be a deluxe edition with both RE4 *and* RE5 on the same disk. That'd probably be possible on a PS3 blu-ray, right? Now there's a disk that'd never get boring.

Neiteio

Shaheed79 said:
Speaking of the cover system in RE5 the only thing I don't like about it is that you can't adjust your position at all. You have to come out of cover mode to move left or right and that can get you killed in an intense fire fight on pro. That makes it exactly like the busted cover mode in RE4 during the helicopter sequence.
Yeah, that's especially a bitch when the soldiers lob flash grenades and dislodge you from the wall. I've gotten better at running forward while still blinded to reposition myself behind cover, but man that can be dangerous on higher difficulty levels.

Neiteio

GuessWho said:
how good is the coop mode? Is it much better then single player?
Your mileage will vary with the AI in single-player; I loved it and found Sheva to be a souped-up Ashley, while others find her to be a mind-numbing burden. But in co-op, by and large your partner will always be an improvement. We're not at the point yet where AI eclipses human intelligence (which is probably good, because it forestalls The Matrix).

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
GuessWho said:
how good is the coop mode? Is it much better then single player?

Veeeery good!:D

And yes I think it's better than single player

Neiteio

I find the game never gets old in co-op. Whether you're playing with friends or a stranger online, it always makes for a fresh experience because you're not only experiencing the game your way, but vicariously experiencing it through the prism of another person's perspective as well. Their approach may be wholly different than yours, and their behavior may yield unexpected situations. It's wonderful.

And thinking back on it, I'm just impressed they added co-op in the first place. It's one of those things that had you told me the sequel would have co-op back when I first got RE4, I wouldn't have believed you since it'd seem too good to be true. (Plus I was a Nintendo-only gamer then, so I was used to games being saddled with limits.) Even then, when RE5 was announced to have co-op I assumed it'd have online only, so imagine how pleased I was when I saw they had splitscreen. Splitscreen has gotten the most mileage at my house; it makes me so happy inside to see same-TV co-op isn't extinct.

Insaniac

why is trying to find a online mercs game so horrendously tedious? I navigate through the menus, find a game, only to have it be full, and it boots me out to the mercs menu. and I have to do this 3/4 times before i hit a game. Christ.

Neiteio

Insaniac said:
why is trying to find a online mercs game so horrendously tedious? I navigate through the menus, find a game, only to have it be full, and it boots me out to the mercs menu. and I have to do this 3/4 times before i hit a game. Christ.
I never noticed that in Mercs, but it's a bitch in Versus when some ninja cockblocks your entry to a game and you're booted to the title screen. They need to patch that shit stat, son!

cvxfreak

Rash said:
I have always said that.

It was disappointing when I found out (through spoilers) that Billy wasn't in the game at all. His involvement with Africa seemed like a no-brainer plot point for RE5.

So many wasted opportunities. :(

I also think Dechant and Kirk should have been replaced with Carlos and Barry (and allow them to survive), but that's just me. :(

The game needed a Rebecca-as-medic cameo, too. :(

:(

Neiteio

I love your avatar, CVX. :)

Yeah, I'm hopeful we'll get at least one more RE with these characters, maybe something about a brainwashed, grown-up Sherry Birkin trying to carry on Wesker's legacy and all the other characters coming together to stop this one last threat. RE5 got so wrapped up concluding the STARS/Wesker arc that there wasn't adequate room for some of the smaller-but-still-beloved characters like Barry.

Speaking of which, if we don't get a Chris-Leon bromance for RE6, my vote then goes to Barry and Claire.

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
Wesker arc should never end...ever....ever..

cvxfreak

Neiteio said:

Yeah, I'm hopeful we'll get at least one more RE with these characters, maybe something about a brainwashed, grown-up Sherry Birkin trying to carry on Wesker's legacy and all the other characters coming together to stop this one last threat. RE5 got so wrapped up concluding the STARS/Wesker arc that there wasn't adequate room for some of the smaller-but-still-beloved characters like Barry.

Speaking of which, if we don't get a Chris-Leon bromance for RE6, my vote then goes to Barry and Claire.

Thanks! Yours is awesome too. :)

You know, giving Sherry the same substance that was administered onto Jill (P-20 or 30) would make for a really interesting plot twist. How awesome (and depressing) would it be for Leon and Claire to face off against Sherry and Ada in a boss fight in RE6. :D

Neiteio

cvxfreak said:
Thanks! Yours is awesome too. :)

You know, giving Sherry the same substance that was administered onto Jill (P-20 or 30) would make for a really interesting plot twist. How awesome (and depressing) would it be for Leon and Claire to face off against Sherry and Ada in a boss fight in RE6. :D
Ooo, that is cool. I like your idea better. :D

Capcom, hire this man!

Nemesis_

Neiteio said:
Ooo, that is cool. I like your idea better. :D

Capcom, hire this man!
I like that idea. Maybe even do it as a boss battle in Darkside. :lol At least it'd work for both characters. Sheva didn't have as much "involvement" with Jill, but with the other, Claire would be directly "linked" to Sherry and Leon to Ada. It'd be awesome! =P

Regarding Carlos:
People are saying he died in Resident Evil 5 through a file - I don't remember reading this anywhere. There was, however, this part of Spencer's Notebook that aroused interest but it's not the right name

Carlos M. - Found -> information obtained -> eliminated

Is this what people are talking about? If so, it can't the THE Carlos, why in hell would he be a Level 10 employee? Or was "Level 10" part of a scale that referred to the amount of "secrets" they knew about Umbrella/Whatever

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Neiteio said:

I'd actually like to see a RE6 with the girls. Next one to go back to the two character set up, with Ada and Claire. With Ada working from the inside out, and Claire the outside in. Something like Claire goes to investage, while Ada actually caused the outbreak to get at something. So with Claire your working your way through the City to find out what happened while with Ada your trying to get out.

Nemesis_

shintoki said:
I'd actually like to see a Girl's RE.
Resident Evil 5-2!

Dress up all your favourite RE girls in the best clothes a girl can have! Link up with Ada's Secret Dress on PSP to unlock exclusive clothing!

I would like to see a Girl's RE too. They are some of the better characters of course

cvxfreak

Resident Evil CODE: Veronica X-2, oh yes.

Starring Jill, Claire and Rebecca. Ayumi Hamasaki-themed Rebecca can sing the theme song. Main objective is to find Chris, who disappeared in the middle of a vacation after the events of RE5.

Sectus

cvxfreak said:
Resident Evil CODE: Veronica X-2, oh yes.

Starring Jill, Claire and Rebecca. Ayumi Hamasaki-themed Rebecca can sing the theme song. Main objective is to find Chris, who disappeared in the middle of a vacation after the events of RE5.
Rebecca singing a theme song? *slaps cvxfreak* Nice avatar though :p

In a way, I'm happy Capcom didn't go the rather obvious route and go pure fanservice with all the RE characters. They could have based part of the plot on Billy's incident in africa, include Barry and Claire as members of BSAA, include Rebecca as medic, include Ada as a spy infiltrating tricell, Hunk as a mysterious elite soldier helping the BSAA, kept Wesker as villain for every RE forever and replaced Josh with the merchant.

But the more obvious stuff they do like that the harder it is for them to actually advance the story and introduce more characters, and it gets very cliched if there's a large cast of good characters who appear in most games with the same roles. I wouldn't have minded perhaps 1 or 2 more classic RE characters though, at least for mercs mode. And actually, having the merchant replace Josh for absolutely no sane reason would have been pure awesome.

Nemesis556 said:
Resident Evil 5-2!

Dress up all your favourite RE girls in the best clothes a girl can have! Link up with Ada's Secret Dress on PSP to unlock exclusive clothing!

I would like to see a Girl's RE too. They are some of the better characters of course
Hmm, if they're going the fanservice route with an RE game, this is the way to go!

Maybe Josh was the Merchant?
Now that we have Josh and Sheva, I'd like another game to expand on them more, but I really have no idea what else could happen. I really wanted tube girl to be Sherry.
annnnnd
http://www.hiphopgamershow.com/?p=7348
video shows some intresting tatics that were taken out. Even though it might of gotten annoying to have the X button prompt pop up every time an enemy came close to hitting you.

Sectus

akilshohen said:
http://www.hiphopgamershow.com/?p=7348
video shows some intresting tatics that were taken out. Even though it might of gotten annoying to have the X button prompt pop up every time an enemy came close to hitting you.
The RE5 guide has an interview which talks about some very early in development stuff which you can see in that trailer. Most of the ingame action is from a test level which wasn't implemented into the full game (although it has similarities to public assembly). The grab->melee and evading attacks were implemented but scrapped because they didn't fit the gameplay.

Actually, if I recall correctly... when you were grabbed in RE4 from the front, didn't the character automatically do an attack which could kill the opponent if you managed to get free? I'm willing to bet the grab from the trailer was probably the new version of that.

Evading attacks actually is in the final game anyway, you can evade most of the spear attacks by the tribal majini by doing QTEs. If they had evade QTEs like that for ALL melee attack that would definitely be too much. I'm not even too fond of the QTEs for evading spears.

Sheva as a character was planned to be in the game all along, but not as a coop partner. I'm curious how far they were in development when they decided she would be a playable character. It definitely looks like they made that decision after that trailer was made.

Another random piece of trivia is that in the beginning of development (probably sometime in 2005) they were considering to use a licenced engine. There's screenshots in the guide which looks a LOT like Unreal Engine 2 games like SWAT 4. I'm pretty glad they decided to go for MT Framework instead. (the same screenshots also shows traditional zombies instead of las plagas infected enemies)

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
akilshohen said:
what is MT Framework? I wonder what role would Sheva have played if she wasn't playable.
Capcom's internal engine/dev tools.

Sectus

MT Framework has been used for Dead Rising, Lost Planet, Devil May Cry 4 and RE5 so far. Has to be one of the best engines for this generation, and it helps that Capcom has great art direction which makes their games look even more impressive.

If Sheva wasn't playable I'm betting her role would be similar to Josh. Would have been fun to know more details about the development. A bit silly that most what we know is from a very small segment of the RE5 prima guide.

farnham

Banned
finally beat the game yesterday..

and i have to say that overall im dissapointed..

the story of the RE series was never that great.. kinda forced.. but in RE 5 it met its peak.. this is really dissapointing especially since wesker was always the guy behind the scene that made the game mysterious.. he always seemed radical but yet very rational.. thats why i anticipated a whole different point of view on the happenings that would make wesker look like a tragic hero or something.. now we got to know what wesker was all about and the conclusion is what..? lol (not gonna spoil).. excella and that gnome guy substitute as well as josh are severly underdeveloped characters.. i did not understand the motivations behind them.. well except that excella was hot for a certain person maybe..

graphically i cant complain.. yet the animations look awfully similar to RE 4.. its like they took RE 4 made new maps and textures for it.. the cinematics are gorgeous.. yet cheesy.. to say the least..

the length is okay.. it feels about the same as RE4.. maybe a tad shorter.. but i cant complain about that..

gameplaywise its really just RE4.. i cant think of any improvements that capcom made here.. maybe the coversystem.. but that is kinda broken as well.. conversely the inventory system is just broken.. i really liked the RPG esque upgrade system for your inventory your health and your weapons in re4.. in RE 5 its all about weapons.. the inventory is just as it is.. the controlls are exactly like RE 4.. which is sad since the controlls in RE 4 wii edition were so much improved in comparison..

the enemy design is.. well some aspects of RE4 (well actually pretty much everything from RE4) + african tribal stuff and some mononoke hime.. and maybe some lost planet... the los gigantes fight and the gnome substitute guy fight was especially just like in RE4 in many ways..

overall i would say that the game is not bad.. but its definately not a worthy successor to re4.. RE5 is really just RE4 in HD..

Guzim

Nemesis556 said:
I like that idea. Maybe even do it as a boss battle in Darkside. :lol At least it'd work for both characters. Sheva didn't have as much "involvement" with Jill, but with the other, Claire would be directly "linked" to Sherry and Leon to Ada. It'd be awesome! =P

Regarding Carlos:
People are saying he died in Resident Evil 5 through a file - I don't remember reading this anywhere. There was, however, this part of Spencer's Notebook that aroused interest but it's not the right name

Carlos M. - Found -> information obtained -> eliminated

Is this what people are talking about? If so, it can't the THE Carlos, why in hell would he be a Level 10 employee? Or was "Level 10" part of a scale that referred to the amount of "secrets" they knew about Umbrella/Whatever
It isn't Carlos from RE3 since his last name was Oliveira.

USD

Holy shit, I just whipped out a 47 kill combo in Slayers, easily my highest combo in Slayers and my second highest combo across both Slayers modes. In my typical Slayers match, my highest combo is usually in the teens, either because of a lack of enemies or other players going after me. This time though, no one else even really came near me (save people seemingly offering up a free kill, which I gladly took), allowing me to focus on the combo.

The whole game was a single combo streak. Once my combo hit the early 20s, I stopped caring about going after the bosses (though I did almost snipe away an Executioner kill) or combo bonuses. Could have kept it going to even longer if this douche bag playing as S.T.A.R.S. Chris wasn't obsessed with shooting electric grenade rounds at me from 150 feet away at the end. The best thing was seeing my measly score triple when the combo streak bonus kicked in.

<3 Clubbin' Sheva. Best Slayers character ever.

Davey Cakes

dgenx said:
Wesker arc should never end...ever....ever..

After they made him into Ozymandias (or, really, the embodiment of every villain ever), I really don't mind saying the final goodbye.
Neiteio said:
Just like with Wesker, I could live without seeing Chris ever again.

However, Leon's not done. He's not only a better character, but his "arc" isn't over, since there's still the whole thing between him and Ada to sort out, whereas Chris's story, that started with Wesker in the Spencer Mansion, ended with him defeating Wesker for good. There's nothing left for him to do.

cvxfreak said:
So many wasted opportunities. :(

I also think Dechant and Kirk should have been replaced with Carlos and Barry (and allow them to survive), but that's just me. :(

The game needed a Rebecca-as-medic cameo, too. :(

I don't understand why the STARS members didn't appear in this game, Rebecca an Barry should have appeared and participated in the final climax of the game.

And I'm the only one who desires a RE with Leon and Chris as protagonist for the next RE game? It's time for the two most badass characters in the resident evil series to be together, enough of that man and woman protagonist thing. How many over the top moments could give us the two of them...

RyuHayate

Relaxed Muscle said:
I don't understand why the STARS members didn't appear in this game, Rebecca an Barry should have appeared and participated in the final climax of the game.

And I'm the only one who desires a RE with Leon and Chris as protagonist for the next RE game? It's time for the two most badass characters in the resident evil series to be together, enough of that man and woman protagonist thing. How many over the top moments could give us the two of them...

There was a recent report about Darkside Chronicles stating that Leon will have a mission based in South America. Just the another night, I read in RE5's library (Jill's file) that she and Chris went there at some point, too...

The amount of stuff capcom are trying to squeeze into the RE story is nuts, completely totaly nuts :lol

I'm a big fan of the originals where regular stars members get mixed up in unbrella's underground experiments like the tyrant, made for combat, and the creatures which became real due to experimentation and virus mutation. Fuck these egg things in RE4 and 5 (they are in 5 right? looks like it)

I like RE0 but I wish it never happend, Rebecca is scared shitless in RE1 yet at the end of zero she has already killed several bosses and zombies, so why hide in a medical room and spray chris in the face with a first aid spray :lol

ArtOfLife

Neo Member
Relaxed Muscle said:

I was also disappointed Rebecca and Barry haven't made more of an appearance since the events of the original game and the prequel. Resi 5 seems to have tied up most of the story and plotlines from the series but it always struck me as strange that Jill and Chris' stories have been continued several times over since Re1 but Barry and Becky rarely get a mention, whenever all four survived the mansion incident.

Was there anything about them in Umbrella Chronicles?

Top Bottom