• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official RESIDENT EVIL 5 Thread of LOOK OUT: SPOILER TAGS CONTAIN ACTUAL SPOILERS

Sectus

Diablohead said:
The music in the first video is awesome, it's the tune for that map right?

2-3 weeks to go before I can play my copy D:
It's the music for the mode. So there's 3 tunes in total for slayer, survivor and mercs (not counting music for the lobby and result screen).

Neiteio

Me_Marcadet said:
Neiteio, all the pics of the beautifull female models you posted are dead :(

Could you please reupload those. Yes I know I should have save them.
*dressed like a French fashion guru at the foot of a runway*

LADIEZ, IF YOU PEAZE. BEGIN ZE SHOW:

J01.jpg

J02.jpg

J03.jpg

J04.jpg

J05.jpg

J06.jpg

JB01.jpg

JB02.jpg

JB03.jpg

JB04.jpg

JB05.jpg

JB06.jpg

JB07.jpg

JB08.jpg

JB09.jpg

JB10.jpg

JB11.jpg

JB12.jpg

RE5-ExcellaComposite.jpg

RE5-ExcellaDetail.png

Alize-12.jpg

RE5TribalSheva.jpg

ST01.jpg

ST02.jpg

ST03.jpg

ST04.jpg

ST05.jpg

ST06.jpg

ONCE AGAIN:

I'm just the cropper/uploader. The vast majority of the above are gifted to us by Sectus' artistic eye and capture tech. :D

*tugs at collar*

Nemesis_

a Master Ninja said:
Huh? Up, Down, Left, and Right are perfectly fine on 360 controller. It's the diagonals the pad has trouble detecting. Games like Gears and RE5 play to the d-pads strengths, thankfully. Oblivion is an example of a game where they expect you to select items using diagonals and it's a disaster.
:D

cvxfreak said:
It's too bad the 360 pad is too inaccurate to make the feature perfect.

The DS3 on the other hand is aces.

Oh for fucks sake. :lol

The d-pad is shitty yes but if you can't press any of the cardinal directions on the D-pad for a fuckin weapon select your are one uncoordinated mother fucker :lol

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
C- Warrior said:

The d-pad is shitty yes but if you can't press any of the cardinal directions on the D-pad for a fuckin weapon select your are one uncoordinated mother fucker :lol

At first I figured that was the case, but the fact that Sectus agrees with me and is much better than me at RE5, makes me think otherwise. Could just be a defective controller, but I have a launch 360 controller.

Nemesis_

C- Warrior said:

Pretty much this.

Sectus

C- Warrior said:

Are you saying you NEVER hit the diagonals by accident when using the 360 d-pad? I've got 2 specific problems with the d-pad. The d-pad may shift a small amount to a specific direction so it quite simply hits the ring around it and doesn't register the movement at all. Or the more common problem is that I try to hit a specific direction, but it goes in one of the nearby directions instead. For instance, sometimes when I quickly press left, I accidentally hit the upleft diagonal and the game decides to register that as "up". It even happens sometimes when using the 360 dashboard.

I've had the Xbox d-pad register the wrong hit, it was only a minor inconvenience, but it has happened.

It's because, you could be hitting the left part of the cross, but you hit the top of that so it's really like doing a diagonal. The game sees it has you pressing up though.

USD

Sectus said:
Are you saying you NEVER hit the diagonals by accident when using the 360 d-pad? I've got 2 specific problems with the d-pad. The d-pad may shift a small amount to a specific direction so it quite simply hits the ring around it and doesn't register the movement at all. Or the more common problem is that I try to hit a specific direction, but it goes in one of the nearby directions instead. For instance, sometimes when I quickly press left, I accidentally hit the upleft diagonal and the game decides to register that as "up". It even happens sometimes when using the 360 dashboard.
Yeah, it does happen. A very slight upward push of my thumb can shift the D-pad from cardinal direction to diagonal. Sure it works 95% of the time, but that there is even a small chance of failure exists is annoying. I've been killed several times for unintentionally bringing a rifle to a shotgun fight.

Dyno

Finished the 1st chapter on solo Professional. Sheva doesn't get much chance to revive me if I die anymore BUT she's still pulling her weight if you ask me. I'm taking her to the end of chapter 6 in order to PROVE that she's a decent A.I.

On Chapter 1-2 in Professional I got my very first S ranking. :lol Perhaps having unlimited ammo for the S&W 500 and the Hydra for the first time had something to do with it. :D

It really is a different game when you are trying to get through the levels quickly and aren't consumed with scouring the levels for treasure.

I'm just so impressed with the replayability of this game.

Davey Cakes

The replayability is good, but to be honest, I'm getting kind of tired of it. Farming for cash just gets boring after awhile. Using infinite weapons removes a lot of the fun as well. Searching for emblems is more of a chore than anything else, considering some of the ridiculous locations for them, and I don't want to use a guide. Not only that, but most importantly I found myself getting bored of the level designs far faster than I did with RE4.

I still think it's a great game. But, at the same time, you have people who play through every chapter in every difficulty, collect all the treasures and BSAA emblems, upgrade all the weapons, unlock every bonus feature, play the shit out of Mercenaries, and still say that they're coming back for more. In my case, I just can't see it. The game's fun factor just isn't as long-lasting for me.

Sectus

Rash said:
The replayability is good, but to be honest, I'm getting kind of tired of it. Farming for cash just gets boring after awhile. Using infinite weapons removes a lot of the fun as well. Searching for emblems is more of a chore than anything else, considering some of the ridiculous locations for them, and I don't want to use a guide. Not only that, but most importantly I found myself getting bored of the level designs far faster than I did with RE4.

I still think it's a great game. But, at the same time, you have people who play through every chapter in every difficulty, collect all the treasures and BSAA emblems, upgrade all the weapons, unlock every bonus feature, play the shit out of Mercenaries, and still say that they're coming back for more. In my case, I just can't see it. The game's fun factor just isn't as long-lasting for me.
In my case, the replayability right now is mercs mode, versus mode and trying random stuff in story mode. Random stuff being something like completing a subchapter in the game using only rotten eggs.

I never use infinite weapons unless it's for a speedrun, I definitely think that ruins most of the fun.

Dyno

GuessWho said:
so what's the best weapoon in the game, besides the handgun? Is the MP5 worth upgrading?

So far it looks like ALL of the weapons have something going for them. If this is your very first playthrough then I would suggest you simply upgrade the first four weapons you find in the game. Doing this unlocks a number of more powerful weapons that you will come to appreciate in later play-throughs.

- The M92F is a solid pistol for Chris what with it's 3-star critical rating. That means that head-shots will result in instant death almost 40% of the time. It's damage is decent but best of all it can eventually hold 100 bullets. That's two slots worth of ammo. Fully upgrading the M92 unlocks the M93 (a very quirky but effective weapon.)

- The Ithaca is very well rounded shotgun with decent damage, a critical perk, and it holds 25 rounds of ammunition - which is the best in its class. Fully upgrading the Ithaca unlocks the ballsalicious Hydra.

- The S75 is a bolt-action rifle. That might be a drawback for some but it does have the most damage of any rifle, so it's usually a one-shot kill anyway. It also eventually holds 50 rounds, also a leader in its class. Pound for pound the S75 is the best rifle in the game despite the bolt-action. Upgrading the S75 unlocks the powerful longbow.

- The SW29 is a fine enough magnum what with piercing, 12 rounds, and damage in the thousands. Not the finest magnum but easily good enough on your first play-through. Fully upgrading it unlocks the ridiculous M500.

- the V61Z submachine gun is great for your support co-op player. It has double critical perk and holds 300 rounds. (Do you see a pattern here? The initial, first tier weapons all have the best ammo capacity which is a godsend when you first play and want to collect as much as you can.) Sheva can use this weapon but she tends to shoot for the body and so the crit. perk is wasted a bit. Upgrading the V61Z unlocks the gatling gun.

For Sheva I find her best weapon to be the MP5 and/or the HK pistol. Both have piercing which suits her body-shot shooting style. She's also pretty nifty with a rifle and is excellent with the longbow. With both she will consistantly hit targets that aren't easily detected.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Dyno said:
Finished the 1st chapter on solo Professional. Sheva doesn't get much chance to revive me if I die anymore BUT she's still pulling her weight if you ask me. I'm taking her to the end of chapter 6 in order to PROVE that she's a decent A.I.

On Chapter 1-2 in Professional I got my very first S ranking. :lol Perhaps having unlimited ammo for the S&W 500 and the Hydra for the first time had something to do with it. :D

It really is a different game when you are trying to get through the levels quickly and aren't consumed with scouring the levels for treasure.

Here, here!! I'm playing through pro now for my last trophy needed to get my platinum. Sheva seems to be a mixed bag so far in this mode...sometimes shes great, other times she seems useless.

Oh and THOSE FRICKEN DOGS!!!!! HATE THEM!!! So much more of a pain in Prod mode...

Does anyone have any general tips for tackling pro mode solo?

Haunted

omg rite said:
So what do you guys consider to be the best place to get some cash?
Complete run through 4-1. Takes about 13-15 minutes, has 45-50k in gold and gems and you get exchange points at the end.

Another one is the hallway full of lickers in 5-2, there's a checkpoint directly before you can try to exploit (I haven't tried this one yet, though).

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
omg rite said:
So what do you guys consider to be the best place to get some cash?

5-2, the licker hallway. Kill them all, collect the gems they drop, then save/quit. Then just choose 'continue' and play that section again. Repeat. Profit. :D

LiK

Haunted said:
Another one is the hallway full of lickers in 5-2, there's a checkpoint directly before you can try to exploit (I haven't tried this one yet, though).

yup, way easy and takes up very little time.

Lord Phol

Played it this weekend with a friend on 360 co-op.
It's fun, though a bit repetitive. Got to the voodoo men/boat part.
Can't say I'm much impressed by the story, the graphics are great though.
The hell they did to Chris and Jill though? :s
Sure doesen't look like the guys from the last games.

Do miss "Hello stranger what are you buying!" :(.

OriginX

sloppyjoe_gamer said:
5-2, the licker hallway. Kill them all, collect the gems they drop, then save/quit. Then just choose 'continue' and play that section again. Repeat. Profit. :D

QFT: You can easily make 10k+ each run and it takes about 5 mins a run. Especially nice if you have an unlimited ammo gun to use too.

Davey Cakes

OriginX said:
QFT: You can easily make 10k+ each run and it takes about 5 mins a run. Especially nice if you have an unlimited ammo gun to use too.
Yeah, I've done 5-2 runs with the infinite magnum and infinite launcher.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
cvxfreak said:
Infinite Rocket Launcher :lol

Yep got that....and infinites on many others too. Im finding that Sheva alot of times will get her self hit quite easily and as you know, in pro mode, 1 hit puts you at 'danger' already.

Are there specific levels in pro where i should set her to attack as opposed to cover?

LiK

sloppyjoe_gamer said:
Are there specific levels in pro where i should set her to attack as opposed to cover?

the elevator part in 5-3 where the guys will occasionally slow down the elevator. put her in attack mode and she'll hunt down every guy. she has awesome aim.

OriginX

sloppyjoe_gamer said:
Yep got that....and infinites on many others too. Im finding that Sheva alot of times will get her self hit quite easily and as you know, in pro mode, 1 hit puts you at 'danger' already.

Attack mode basically puts her in "Leroy Jenkins" mode. You do the math.

LiK

OriginX said:
Attack mode basically puts her in "Leroy Jenkins" mode. You do the math.

i had originally believed that Attack mode was worthless as well but it's actually quite useful in certain section when doing Pro solo. she saved my butt when i had her in Attack mode. sometimes, she's way too conservative with her ammo if i had her in Cover during parts where i'm being attacked by a large group of guys. if you need the firepower, don't be afraid to put her in Attack mode.

USD

sloppyjoe_gamer said:
Anyone got any tips for tackling Pro mode solo?
Don't give the AI any health items, hold them all yourself. The AI can be slow with reacting, and the spray's effect takes about a half second to kick in (a short amount of time that becomes huge because of the small window for rescue). Resuscitating is instant though, and makes both players invincible.

In the early chapters, wear a melee vest (won't save you from most hits, but will save you from thrown weapons), and a bulletproof vest, if there are archers in the chapter section.

If possible, try to disarm enemies by shooting their forearms. This will usually make them drop the weapon (though they will frequently pull one out immediately after, if they recover). The grab attack is much easier to deal with then melee attacks.

LiK

USD said:
Don't give the AI any health items, hold them all yourself.

ROFL! i did the complete opposite. i had Sheva max out on First Aid Spray Cans. it worked out fine for my Pro solo run. :) she saved me alot.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Great tips you guys, thanks!!

Both Sheva and Chris have a melee vest and bulletproof vest, so i should be ok there. I will try setting Sheva to Attack mode and see if i have any better luck.

The main stage Im worried about is where youre on the machine gun fighting that huge fricken troll thing. It gave me quite a fight in veteran, and the thought of fighting that thing in pro mode is making me lose sleep at night....:lol

Returners

Dyno said:

Don't bother. Just try to play 5-3. You'll see.

Returners

LiK said:
plus infinite hydra. the rocket launcher ain't the best for close quarters combat. ;)

How about M3? I ask because I got infinite ammo for it already. :D

Also, A.I. Sheva changes weapons to a more deadly one if she's set to attack. I always wondered why she doesn't use that rifle I gave her until I changed her A.I.

LiK

sloppyjoe_gamer said:
Great tips you guys, thanks!!

Both Sheva and Chris have a melee vest and bulletproof vest, so i should be ok there. I will try setting Sheva to Attack mode and see if i have any better luck.

The main stage Im worried about is where youre on the machine gun fighting that huge fricken troll thing. It gave me quite a fight in veteran, and the thought of fighting that thing in pro mode is making me lose sleep at night....:lol

dont even worry about that Troll dude in Pro solo. i beat him on my 2nd try. just play as Sheva instead of Chris. the Chris AI fuckin rules. i was worried like you until i followed someone's advice here and played as Sheva instead. :)

btw, i heard it's way harder in Prop co-op cuz of the QTE stuff. which is why people have been bitching about it so much.

Returners said:
How about M3? I ask because I got infinite ammo for it already. :D

M3 will work fine. i used it for my Veteran run. from my experience, the only difference is that the M3 doesn't have as many 1 shot kills in Pro like with the Hydra.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
'dont even worry about that Troll dude in Pro solo. i beat him on my 2nd try. just play as Sheva instead of Chris. the Chris AI fuckin rules. i was worried like you until i followed someone's advice here and played as Sheva instead. :)"

Dont know why i never thought to try that.... :lol Thanks!!!

Sectus

MiamiWesker said:
Hey guys some of us from our RE site Biohaze got to interview Capcom PR rep Chris Kramer about RE5 and the series in general in an hour long podcast. It turned out pretty cool, remember he is just a PR guy so its not like he could announce anything but we got some info and insight into whats going on with Capcom and RE. He talks about Wesker being alive or dead, if there are plans for more RE5 DLC, talks about the direction of the series and much more (including Dino Crisis talk).

Here is the link http://www.biohaze.com/podcasts.htm

It was our first podcast so go easy on us. I am dvader on the podcast, Yama is there as well.

EDIT: Direct source if you want to download http://www.fileden.com/files/2009/4/19/2410242/Podcast_1_-_Chris_Kramer.mp3
Nice podcast! I like that you jumped right into the interview in the podcast. Most podcasts start with lots of chitchat, which is sometimes okay but I listen to far too many podcasts as it is.

Kinda humorous to hear Chris Kramer claim Barry is dead and his reasoning was that's how he thought the game ended. He said Barry was dead in another interview as well, although he didn't give any explanation there. Based on RE5 which lists Rebecca AND Barry as survivors of the RE1 incident I think it's safe to say they're both alive.

I think the whole "lack of survival horror" topic is an interesting one, but far too much time was spent on it. And a few of the statements was just a little irritating. Like hearing RE was turning into Gears of War, or how RE5 did the least amount of additions to the series when compared to previous titles (which is absolutely absurd if you compare RE1->2->3). Chris didn't really seem up to the task anyway, some of his statements about how RE4/5 removed some classic featues (limited ammo and one-hit kills for instance) is a bit wrong since we still have those features.

LiK

Returners said:
Also, A.I. Sheva changes weapons to a more deadly one if she's set to attack. I always wondered why she doesn't use that rifle I gave her until I changed her A.I.

yup, Sheva AI switches weapons depending on the mode. for example i had equipped with the L Hawk and rocket launcher. she would only use the L Hawk in Cover and rocket launcher in Attack.

Neiteio

Bumping this for Lik, who PM'd me asking where all the pics went, and for the 30 seconds of trouble I went through to rehost it:

Neiteio said:
*dressed like a French fashion guru at the foot of a runway*

LADIEZ, IF YOU PEAZE. BEGIN ZE SHOW:

J01.jpg

J02.jpg

J03.jpg

J04.jpg

J05.jpg

J06.jpg

JB01.jpg

JB02.jpg

JB03.jpg

JB04.jpg

JB05.jpg

JB06.jpg

JB07.jpg

JB08.jpg

JB09.jpg

JB10.jpg

JB11.jpg

JB12.jpg

RE5-ExcellaComposite.jpg

RE5-ExcellaDetail.png

Alize-12.jpg

RE5TribalSheva.jpg

ST01.jpg

ST02.jpg

ST03.jpg

ST04.jpg

ST05.jpg

ST06.jpg

ONCE AGAIN:

I'm just the cropper/uploader. The vast majority of the above are gifted to us by Sectus' artistic eye and capture tech. :D

*tugs at collar*

Top Bottom