• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Smallville Season 9 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Nemesis121 said:
I am a fan but he should have been Superman 3 seasons ago.

Actually, he shouldn't have been. It's a little ridiculous as Tom Welling is 32, but Clark Kent at the start of this upcoming season is supposed to be 22 years old. :lol

Hawk SE

I kind of agree they've been stretching the becoming the "almost Superman" stuff for 2-3 seasons now.

I think Season Nine is a season where people won't be angry every week, we'll see some good stuff.

Tom Welling is a Producer for the show now, so hopefully he cares enough to bring something to the show it's been missing.

Season 1-3 were so innocent and I love re-watching those.

Season 4 was by far my favorite season (sans the Lana/Witch storyline)

Season 5 was good to see a human Clark for a few episodes, poor Jonathan Kent

Season 6 had too much Lex/Lana/Clark love triangle going on, stupid baby stuff too

Season 7 began a dark path for Lex

Season 8 saw a nice growth for the series

Season 9 I hope can get back the fans that may have wandered elsewhere over the years...

omg rite said:
Fixed.

On that note, here is awesomeness:

rky6n8.jpg
Holy shit, that is pretty awesome. It's like he has a kryptonite flux capacitor mounted on his chest.

From that last article that was posted I am definitely pumped for this season. The last season's DVDs arrived in the mail this week and I have been wanting to rewatch them.

Ashhong

Hawk xSx said:
I kind of agree they've been stretching the becoming the "almost Superman" stuff for 2-3 seasons now.

I think Season Nine is a season where people won't be angry every week, we'll see some good stuff.

Tom Welling is a Producer for the show now, so hopefully he cares enough to bring something to the show it's been missing.

hasnt he been producing and i think directing for a couple of seasons now? i would think its really the writers that bring new things to the show anyway. hopefully your right though

Ashhong said:
hasnt he been producing and i think directing for a couple of seasons now? i would think its really the writers that bring new things to the show anyway. hopefully your right though
He's directed a few episodes, but this is the first season where he is one of their big guys.

I'm really excited. Just one week.

Kevin

New clip from the premiere:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yw8joLigY5M

New impressions (some spoilers):

@NatalieAbrams from TV Guide, who has seen the first two episodes of #Smallville, has tweeted:

"Ding, ding, ding we have some winners. Yes, #Smallville is about to have its best season yet! Love it!"

damianholbrook: Screened the first 2 eps of #Smallville S9 last night. SUPERWOW! Strap in, fanboys and girls.

James in Pocatello, Idaho: Smallville spoilers, please.

Doesn't it feel like yesterday Smallville premiered for the first time? Here we are eight years later, with the season nine premiere on Sept. 25. How time flies. But we've digressed. We watched the season premiere and must say a couple things: First of all, Team Smallville isn't messing around with the special effects. It looks like they pulled out all the stops (and the budget) on this sweet, first episode. Also, all of you Lois lovers will be happy to know Erica Durance (Lois Lane) is interwoven throughout many storylines and is front and center during most of the show. Set three weeks after the events of the finale, Clark (Tom Welling) is training to be Superman and is struggling with leaving his humanity behind. He's frustrated with his inability to fly, but is told by trainer Jor-El it's because, "You still see yourself as a human." Meanwhile Clark's relationship with Chloe (Allison Mack) is downright rocky, while he remains obsessed with Lois. Lois doesn't have a clue where she was for the last three weeks, but when she returns it's in the company of a freaky Kryptonic-ninja lady from the future who's out to get Clark. And watch out for Lois' scary dream sequence at the end of the episode: there's sex, sweat, blood and death.

Source: http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/wat...45_spoiler_chat_house_star_jesse_spencer.html

Edit: Three more clips [from Wednessday]:

http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid36804699001?bctid=41526113001

http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid36804699001?bctid=41526123001

http://tv.ign.com/dor/objects/824103/smallville/videos/smallville_3_092309.html

IGN review:

http://tv.ign.com/articles/102/1028130p1.html

This episode looks really good. Also
Clark takes a nose dive off of the Statue of Liberty in an attempt to fly.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Less than 20 hours to go! Holy crap @ that spoiled part. That will be awesome.

Here's the official description for episode 4:

THE TOYMAN
RETURNS AND TAKES OLIVER HOSTAGE — Tess (Cassidy Freeman) forces Oliver (Justin Hartley) to come to a Queen Industries gala to put the Board at ease, but things go awry when the
Toyman
(guest star
Chris Gautheir
) shows up with a bomb and a plan to take revenge on Oliver.
The Toyman
tells Oliver he must confess to murdering Lex or he will blow the place up. Meanwhile, as part of his training, Jor-El gives Clark (Tom Welling) the ability to
hear other people’s thoughts
. Allison Mack and Erica Durance also star. Posted on KryptonSite. Wayne Rose directed the episode written by Bryan Q. Miller (#3X5254).

Kevin

Sucks, I'm going to be missing them since I work Fridays. I'll have to find other means to watch them. Hopefully everyone enjoys the premiere. The reviews have been very positive for the first episode and a couple people saw the second episode and said the same thing as well. :D

DieH@rd

Banned
Friday is really shaping up to be a killer day! Smallvile, Dollhouse, and next week starts STARGATE UNIVERSE!

A day that is made from win.

besada

Banned
So these are Zod worshipping Daxamites?

Chick from the Bottled City of Kandor?

Losers from the Phantom Zone?

Deadly

I'm not really liking the Kryptonian army here... They're suppose to be a super advanced civilization for god's sake!

ZeoVGM

Banned
Damn good episode! And in what might be a first in the 9 season run, they've introduced a season-long mystery.

Chloe. :O

Deadly

Thunder Monkey said:
This is Allison Mack's last year.

I hope it's everyone's last year, honestly. Smallville has had a good run and even if recent seasons has only been getting better, it should just end.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Deadly said:
I hope it's everyone's last year, honestly. Smallville has had a good run and even if recent seasons has only been getting better, it should just end.

It's going to season 10 most likely.

Thunder Monkey said:
This is Allison Mack's last year.

Not definitely, but it is her last contracted season. They would try and get her for the final one if they could.

That was pretty damn awesome tonight, I am definitely looking forward to this season. Feels like this season is going to have an entirely dark vibe to it.

Solo

Not bad. This show really doesnt do premieres or finales like it used to, but this was still better than the premiere for each of the past two seasons easily. Tom Welling's wooden/stoic delivery actually works a ton better for the character now that hes supposed to be, well, wooden and stoic. I couldnt help but laugh though when the show got in its once-an-episode quota of a character conveniently getting knocked out just before they would have seen Clark do his thing. For years it was mostly Lana (and sometimes Lex) with that "priveledge", but now it seems its Lois' job :lol

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
Oh wow, did not expect it to be this awesome at all...

not falling for it again, my ass still burns for the gigantic Doomsday rape

who am I kidding, I'll watch, but will constantly sport a grouchy face

Great first episode. I dig the suit, Lois is fucking hottttt, But i still despise Tess.

Nemesis121 said:
I am a fan but he should have been Superman 3 seasons ago.

This is a Clark show, not Superman. I do hope we get to see Tom wear the suit before its all done.

Hawk SE

It was a great (while not perfect) episode to get you intrigued.

I gotta say, Callum Blue as Zod is EXPERTLY cast. He is perfect, but all while providing his own twist.

Sanjuro

Well....I guess I can say they successfully turned Superman into Batman.

I keep giving this show chances and it just seems so damn strange.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
SanjuroTsubaki said:
Well....I guess I can say they successfully turned Superman into Batman.

I keep giving this show chances and it just seems so damn strange.

I can't wait until he goes to gotham and gets help from a Bruce Wayne in training, or he can't get this particularly hard clue of something he's trying to figure out, and he finds a batarang in front of him with some evidence on it or something.

That's about the time I will remove it from my DVR.

Medalion

Banned
Personally I thought this premiere was kinda disjointed, and off and rushed.

The CGI looked cheap as fuck and unfinished for a premiere.

There were scenes with Clark that looked like fucking Batman than Superman.

The overuse of the Superman logo is gonna get annoying.

I liked Callum Blue as Major Zod, but when he speaks with that accent, it is very hard for me to take him seriously but he is intense enough, and the Kryptonian army is intruiging though I am still not sure how the heck they got there and how they all found each other in 3 weeks, because nobody has their powers yet apparently.

Chloe was very selfish to pull a pity card to Clark to change the past to save Jimmy.

Lois was alright in this premire. Her visions of the future in that dream were eh...

Brian Austin Green was decent... gonna have to see him do more shit instead of just giving smoldering intense looks to Lois to see if he is gonna be a good addition.

I too, am still confused how the Fortress of Solitude got reactivated with Jor-El, I thought he was gone, how did he come back all of a sudden?

Kevin

The episode was really good but apparently the Friday death slot really hurt this show. The premiere got 2.5 million viewers down from 4.5 million last year for the premiere. While it's still one of the best rated shows on the CW, I'm not sure season ten will still happen. This really blows!

Chamber

love on your sleeve
There's no way they could have expected it to maintain the same ratings on Friday night.

Terrible news regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom