• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Smallville Season 9 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawk SE

Best part was when Clark took Dr. Hamilton at superspeed

Clark: "Do you get motion sickness?"
Dr. Hamilton: "Not especially, why?" *SUPERSPEED*
Chloe: "...Really?!"

Seth C

AndyMoogle said:
The opening scene and the "zombies" were taken straight out of 28 Days Later.

Oliver's line when he came blasting with a shotgun was pure gold :lol
"I was looking for Tess when the whole building went Resident Evil."

He also had a great line earlier that I thought was making fun of the way most shows/movies talk about the Internet. "No one is on Youtube looking for Pamela Anderson's butt."

Flash

Soo any theories of the El crest in turkey?
Jor-El maybe?

Really enjoying how they are handling MAJOR zod, showing the rise of a ruthless leader. And having him as a Major makes sense in continuity (whatever little smallville has) so they can kind of ignore the whole Lex as General Zod's vessel arc.

Medalion

Banned
Forgot to mention, the whole Lana photo scene symbolically closing the book on her finally by putting that photo of her in Clark's Wallet into the photo album book and closing it away.

I've always been a Clark/Lana admirer because I tend to like on-screen romances that experience hardships, they seem more realistic to me than the ones where there is just inexplicable attraction over long periods of time or whatever.

Next week's episode,
ToyMaker returns

ZeoVGM

Banned
Put all your fears aside, Kevin. Ratings SURGE because of DVR. That's right: SURGE.

Dollhouse and Smallville Ratings Surge Thanks to DVR

It's not all bad news for Dollhouse: The Joss Whedon sci-fi drama is among the shows that are most-watched on DVRs.

Dollhouse and Smallville tied for the largest gain in viewers, with each obtaining 50 percent more viewers in the seven days following their initial airings.

Both shows also saw a jump in their ratings this past Friday.
Dollhouse pulled in 2.25 million viewers, improving on the previous week by a quarter million viewers. Smallville added an additional 100,000 viewers to bring its total to 2.3 million viewers.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Dollhouse-Smallville-Ratings-1010805.aspx

:D

Fox has decided to air at least all 13 episodes of Dollhouse thanks to these new DVR numbers. Welcome to the new age of television, folks.

That's pretty funny because i JUST added smallville to my DVR forgetting it's on fridays 2 weeks in a row. Wow at that plane CG, I think even my little dinky computer could pull that off. :lol

I'm digging the season so far. Cop had a nice ass too.

AndyMoogle said:
The opening scene and the "zombies" were taken straight out of 28 Days Later.

Oliver's line when he came blasting with a shotgun was pure gold :lol
"I was looking for Tess when the whole building went Resident Evil."

I just got to watch this ep and noticed something else that seems to relate to that statement.

Lois

2v33g39.jpg

Jill Valentine in Nemesis

300px-jill_valentine_resident_evil_.jpg

Ashhong

Medalion said:
Forgot to mention, the whole Lana photo scene symbolically closing the book on her finally by putting that photo of her in Clark's Wallet into the photo album book and closing it away.

I've always been a Clark/Lana admirer because I tend to like on-screen romances that experience hardships, they seem more realistic to me than the ones where there is just inexplicable attraction over long periods of time or whatever.

Next week's episode,
ToyMaker returns

what in the world are you trying to say in that first paragraph..

Ashhong

omg rite said:
:lol

Possibly the most terribly worded sentence ever.

i think hes saying he liked some scene where clark put away Lanas photo because it symbolically closed her story on the show. i dont remember this scene though

Ashhong said:
i think hes saying he liked some scene where clark put away Lanas photo because it symbolically closed her story on the show. i dont remember this scene though
Right at the end.

He takes her photo out, looks at it, does a little memories smile, and then tosses it into a photo album.

Ashhong

Thunder Monkey said:
Right at the end.

He takes her photo out, looks at it, does a little memories smile, and then tosses it into a photo album.

oh, so he does. i guess i wasnt paying attention or something. how does that connect to the days events? seems kind of random

Ashhong

i should pay more attention to the happenings of the episode. seems like they are really ramping up the heat between the two pretty quickly

Ashhong said:
link doesnt work, do you mean this?

SPOILER
http://www.kryptonsite.com/crossfire12.jpg

i wouldnt be surprised if its nothing...fucking smallville always messes with our heads
Odd.

My link works in the exact same way as yours.

At least on my end it does. Maybe the image is just stored in my cache, allowing it work even though we both have the same url. If someone says yours doesn't work then we'll know it to be true.

Anyway, I hope that's legit smoochies. I get tired of the date rape episodes.

Ashhong

kryponsite has some kind of weird protection on their pictures. you have to navigate to the pic on the site first. putting it on tinypic

http://i37.tinypic.com/2mczg3o.jpg

im calling
for some reason they have to pretend to be together or something like that and are kissing to prove it

Ashhong said:
kryponsite has some kind of weird protection on their pictures. you have to navigate to the pic on the site first. putting it on tinypic

http://i37.tinypic.com/2mczg3o.jpg

im calling
for some reason they have to pretend to be together or something like that and are kissing to prove it
That actually sounds a lot like a Smallville plotline.:lol

I may love the show, but good god it don't make sense sometimes.

Ashhong

i think their body language looks off. look at the position of Clarks hands and her face. somethings off about it. we'll see soon i guess

Ashhong said:
what? did she kiss the blur? my memory is so off...
She kissed Clark dressed up as Green Arrow.

That was quite a few seasons ago. When she was under the influence of Red Kryptonite she recognized his kiss. That was like a season or so later.

Glad to see I'm not the only one liking mind reading Clark. :D

Strike said:
Since when the fuck was he able to read minds?

I think Jor-El said it was triggered due to an error (I think) that I guess Clark made and will help him to discern what's true and what's not. He did make sure to mention that it was also temporary.

witness said:
Okay this episode is fucking awesome so far.

Really? I'm not too hot for it. I like the mind reading stuff between Lois and Clark but the Ollie stuff is getting old. I'm tired of watching him feel sorry for himself. Hopefully whatever happens here finally turns him around.

EDIT: Ok, that last bit was pretty damn good.

I'll admit, that was pretty darn tense. I don't keep up with casting, so I thought
they might actually be offing Oliver. Or, at least "faking" his death.

witness

DoctorWho said:
Really? I'm not too hot for it. I like the mind reading stuff between Lois and Clark but the Ollie stuff is getting old. I'm tired of watching him feel sorry for himself. Hopefully whatever happens here finally turns him around.

Yeah it was before that, when it came back from the commercial break with him in the bar I groaned. Picking back up though since that point, lets see how it wraps up.

gdt

Ok, this is the first Smallville episode I've sat and watched in 6 years (well, last week's was kinda on, but I had to step out).

I guess it was decent. But what the hell happened to the budget? It looks awful. Everything looks like it's shot in a small box.

The budget's not what it used to be, because the show's getting long in the tooth. Networks typically trim back episode budgets on older series when they stop being the big revenue generators they once were.

And I thought this episode was great, very fun and tense.

witness

Yeah I think Supernatural gets the huge budget now from CW, anyway I really liked the episode. Got a bit blah when Oliver showed up, ended pretty good though. The first half hour was excellent.

witness said:
Yeah I think Supernatural gets the huge budget now from CW, anyway I really liked the episode. Got a bit blah when Oliver showed up, ended pretty good though. The first half hour was excellent.

My thoughts exactly. I enjoyed the whole back and forth Clark and Lois had in the hospital :lol

Ashhong

man the lack of sets is just :lol worthy

Ollie addressing his shareholders at the Ace of Clubs? i mean i know hes a drunk now but...

Lois's thoughts after being stood up are sad

btw, is BAG gone then? i thought she might be bringing him back to life..but she took out his heart

Ashhong said:
man the lack of sets is just :lol worthy

Ollie addressing his shareholders at the Ace of Clubs? i mean i know hes a drunk now but...

Lois's thoughts after being stood up are sad

btw, is BAG gone then? i thought she might be bringing him back to life..but she took out his heart
Metallo is more metal then man.

In other words, he's in a form of stasis.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Apparently they shot some scenes at the exterior of the barn for the first time in like 2-3 years in an upcoming episode. Will be cool to see that again.

Darklord

Banned
Spike Spiegel said:
The budget's not what it used to be, because the show's getting long in the tooth. Networks typically trim back episode budgets on older series when they stop being the big revenue generators they once were.

And I thought this episode was great, very fun and tense.

I've heard it's actually one of the shows on that channel that does well, which is why there are 9 seasons. I'm bummed the budget is so low though. They just can't really pull off what they want to do, like the Doomsday "fight".

Solo

omg rite said:
Apparently they shot some scenes at the exterior of the barn for the first time in like 2-3 years in an upcoming episode. Will be cool to see that again.

Oh boy, we sure have fallen if a new establishing shot at a farm in British Columbia is something to look forward too :lol

Anyways, after 2 good eps to start the season, these last two have been lame, especially ep. 4. What Lois Wants? Tomb Raider Tess? And now they are oulling Clark and Lois through the will they/wont they yo-yo that they did for 6 seasons with Clark and Lana. Booooring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom