• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Spiderjericho said:
PSN is dead for GAF.

And Timedog, he sounds as boisterous as you. Did he beat J.W., Sanford, Hu, etc? Or did was he talking about the Empire of Rebel fame?
I play often, but my connection is always laggy..... :(

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Timedog said:
Chun Li: Once again, Chun is a character that goes up a tier during lag.
Not really!

Somehow her hazanshu becomes hard to DP punish, and her normals are fast and have deceptively long range, so you have to be up on that block button. If you can't dp her hazanshu cause it's fucking online, focus attack it and then get a free combo.
Why not FA then dp or whatever?

She sucks up close except for her EX spinning bird kick, so bait her into using her meter by doing stuff like walking up right next to her after a knockdown and neutral jumping at the very last second--if she spinning bird kicks you'll be able to combo the fuck out of that shit.
Anyone who's played chun enough knows that ex SBK is pretty inept at countering somebody who's attacking you from directly above. High block or backdash/FA are better options, although admittedly I tend to keep trying otherwise.

Also lots of safe jumps, because it's easily worth the chip damage if you get her to waste meter.
This whole sentence is just plain wrong. :lol

Don't let her slow fireball + walk up because this is her most powerful technique. make sure to ixnay her fireball with your own while she's still pretty far away from you. She's going to normal you a split second after the fireball hits you, so if you have EX you can EX DP *right* before the fireball hits and score a little damage. You might be able to EX tatsu a tad earlier than that also, but I don't know cause I haven't tried it and don't really care.
Or the chun walks towards you, stops, waits for you to fall down from the dp, st HK xx ex Hyaku.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Hitokage said:
1. Not really!

2. Why not FA then dp or whatever?

3. Anyone who's played chun enough knows that ex SBK is pretty inept at countering somebody who's attacking you from directly above. High block or backdash/FA are better options, although admittedly I tend to keep trying otherwise.

4. This whole sentence is just plain wrong. :lol

5. Or the chun walks towards you, stops, waits for you to fall down from the dp, st HK xx ex Hyaku.

1. I explained why. Up an entire tier is an exaggeration.

2. that's the joke

3. That's why you jump at the very last second, so they still do the ex sbk. If they have robotic reaction time they might stop the motion in time, but this is online.

4. The chip damage from EX sbk is seriously like 1 pixel. That's easily worth her wasting her meter.

5. Doubtful that the Chun is going to anticipate the ex dp the first time it happens.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Timedog said:
1. I explained why.
Lag impacts her footsies and makes her miss links.

4. The chip damage from EX sbk is seriously like 1 pixel. That's easily worth her wasting her meter.
"Safe jumping" towards Chun-Li is the worst thing you can possibly do against her. st. HP or st. HK will eat that shit up.

I just signed up for the GFW tourney, I wished I could have done PS3 but I loaned by copy to my cousin. Oh well, at least I'm guaranteed top 8 in the PC version.....baby.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Hitokage said:
Lag impacts her footsies and makes her miss links.

"Safe jumping" towards Chun-Li is the worst thing you can possibly do against her. st. HP or st. HK will eat that shit up.

Lag impacts everyones footsies and makes them miss links. That's besides the point.

I'm assuming HP and HK have startup frames? Whatever move comes out will just be blocked, but you hope for EX sbk. Option select srk safejump can punish those normals.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Timedog said:
I'm assuming HP and HK have startup frames? Whatever move comes out will just be blocked, but you hope for EX sbk. Option select srk safejump can punish those normals.
SF4 doesn't have air blocking.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Hitokage said:
SF4 doesn't have air blocking.

Ryu will be in block stance on the ground right as Chun's move starts up (I guess this is not technically a safe jump), or if timed a few frames late, will meaty hit chun during the startup frames of her counterattack (technically a safe jump).

FindMyFarms said:
Bulshit!

GG's BotoxAgent

@Spiderjericho - If you come around evening time there's usually about 3 or so people in gaf chat.

GGs Farms, thanks for the long session :)

and whoever is TostitoSalsa....sorry...I left my room to grab dinner without leaving the chat room, sorry for my lack of reply.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Timedog said:
Ryu will be in block stance on the ground right as Chun's move starts up (I guess this is not technically a safe jump), or if timed a few frames late, will meaty hit chun during the startup frames of her counterattack (technically a safe jump).
You seem to be under the impression that you need to be on the ground for Chun-Li's normals to hit you.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Hitokage said:
You seem to be under the impression that you need to be on the ground for Chun-Li's normals to hit you.

I don't think you understand what I'm attempting to describe. By the time the normal is active you will be on the ground. You will have timed the jump so that you land JUST as she is waking up, OR a few frames earlier. If an attack comes out of Chun, you will be on the ground by that time. You will only be in the air while during frames when she cannot attack.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Timedog actually gives pretty good advice.

Getting her to burn her meter is pretty critical over all. Id rather her burn meter on EX Bird so she cant EX Legs into Ultra later on. Neutral jumping to bait the EX Bird is good, and yes online she is a pain in the ass. Its harder to get solid DPs on her and focusing her flip kick isn't as easy as it is on a local game. Of course there are counters for these strats but over all its pretty solid advice.

I usually hammer her with Tiger Shots until she gets ultra, then try to rush her down, get her to burn meter and stay out of the corner.

Grifter

Just got home in time for tourney! Hope to give someone a tough out, at least.

haunts said:

I agree here, it's hard to DP her flippy and air game on reaction online when you can shut down those modes of entry offline, and her quick, high priority pokes become much more spammable. Her combos basically remain the same.

Imm0rt4l

anyone got any tips for c. vipers hard trial 5? I'm on pad right now as my shitty se stick is done for. I'm getting the timing down for the feints, but doing them after cr. hp just feels so weird, I often end up doing an ex tk cancel, which I believe puts me at a distance that I can't hit Dan with the second cr. hp. suggestion?

Man, I think Daigo is the exception rather than the rule when it comes to emotionless Japanese players. Watching SBO vids, you see the Japanese players get up and show passion, yell, etc. all the time, especially in the 3rd strike videos. Kuroda is the perfect example, he's the best at third strike AND he showboats more than any other player I've ever seen, at times even coming off to me as an asshole.

haunts said:
kuroda smells bad and is mad weird. fuck that guy.
real talk.

I mean, mastering every character in 3S, lack of hygene and social skills is probably some indication of a mental condition, so I don't hold it against him.

so don't fuck that guy

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
haunts said:

Getting her to burn her meter is pretty critical over all. Id rather her burn meter on EX Bird so she cant EX Legs into Ultra later on. Neutral jumping to bait the EX Bird is good, and yes online she is a pain in the ass. Its harder to get solid DPs on her and focusing her flip kick isn't as easy as it is on a local game. Of course there are counters for these strats but over all its pretty solid advice.

I usually hammer her with Tiger Shots until she gets ultra, then try to rush her down, get her to burn meter and stay out of the corner.
Half of that was just me giving Timedog a hard time, but yeah, meter burn is pretty key. The other tactics he mentioned do work, but only until the player wises up to them.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Hitokage said:
Half of that was just me giving Timedog a hard time, but yeah, meter burn is pretty key. The other tactics he mentioned do work, but only until the player wises up to them.

Oh, carry on then. :lol

GGs to Find, Arstal, Jenova and RS4.

Though the Saikyo is strong in me. I think I'm going to retire Dan and go back to Honda and dabble with Sagat. I just feel like a handicap with Dan versus the options I have with Ryu (fireballs, FADC ultra, ex hurricane kick, etc).

Relix, you're a king among men for trying to host three tournaments at the same time.

And that Muteki is always with the cheesy smile. Daigo is all silent and stoic. Dude is like Ryu in real life.

GGs Spider, Cowie, haunts, xintin, rs4, xeno raven, and threi (I know our match didn't materialize because ur connection hates us, but let's pretend that we did and it was double KO tie :lol )

except rs4 match, the PSN games i had were mad laggy, my block strings and hit-confirms was just turning into slop. I need to put a wire on my PS3.

and Kuroda needs to drop that goofy bowl cut:lol

haunts

Bacon of Hope
az greg and grifter are mashing scrubs!!!

j/k, they whooped me. It was pretty close between me and Grifter but AZ Greg just owned me with Vega. He made a lot of good descions.

Still in the PSN tournament.. Grandfinals..woot!

Hey relix, GJ on the tournament! Running 3 tourneys at one time is rather impressive.

GG's to everyone that I played. ESPECIALLY RS4, that Zangief of yours was on some real ass shit man, had me sweatin bullets.

KSABOT, I want a rematch! I'm still salty about having to switch to pad on you! You had so many free combos on my misexecutions, and I couldn't punish half the stuff you were doing.

Teknopathetic, fuck Zangief, fuck Honda, fuck Sagat. If I'm missing anyone else, fuck them too!

K.Sabot

FindMyFarms said:
KSABOT, I want a rematch! I'm still salty about having to switch to pad on you! You had so many free combos on my misexecutions, and I couldn't punish half the stuff you were doing.

Yeaaaaaah... I'm just gonna play some Tekken 6 and Day of Defeat for the next week.

"Teknopathetic, fuck Zangief, fuck Honda, fuck Sagat. If I'm missing anyone else, fuck them too!"

:lol Hey, man, we are brothers in salt. K. Sabot beat me too. I beat you in HDR because going 2 and out super powered my salt. You just weren't as hungry!

K.Sabot said:
Yeaaaaaah... I'm just gonna play some Tekken 6 and Day of Defeat for the next week.

I have no problem substituting tekken 6 or Day of Defeat for sf4 in our rematch! Don't pull a Timedog on me :lol

Teknopathetic said:
"Teknopathetic, fuck Zangief, fuck Honda, fuck Sagat. If I'm missing anyone else, fuck them too!"

:lol Hey, man, we are brothers in salt. K. Sabot beat me too.

Lies, you're too nice and friendly to be salty.

Top Bottom