• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

CPS2

haunts said:
anime con tournies, in my experiences, are typically run very bad and have the bottom of the barrel comp. I would avoid them personally.. >_>

It seems like that in Aus for the most part as well. I haven't been to any, but their rules are really strange, and some of them don't even allow sticks. There's a couple that are done really well tho.

MIMIC

Banned
Random is sooooooo unfair. I played about 15 random matches with some guy and I got my main once (Fuerte) and my 2nd (Guile) 3 times. His main is Blanka. He got Gen twice and got Gouken with practically every other selection :lol

Spiderjericho said:
Find, I was just online and didn't see you. I saw pandaloaf and someone pandasomething playing in the chat room.

Aw man, you probably signed off right before I came on.

GG's to bob white and hitokage

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Right after my matches with Farms I loaded training mode, set an AI, and became determined to finally start teching my falls. There's just too much I'm aware of that isn't represented in my play, and I've gotta fix that.

My friends when to a church-held sf tournament that was particularly awful.
The last anime con tourney I went to was organized by people in the scene who often run tourneys, so it was well done. I can understand the apehension if it were a bunch of noobies though.

I'm really out of practice. I'm gonna get my ass beat in the GAF tourney :p
Been playing random games I got for Christmas.
Get Dead Space and Mirror's Edge kids, they're great!

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
_dementia said:
I'm excited. When do the brackets go up?

I am debating whether to wait until night when everyone is reunited or make them now and whoever doesn't arrive will get a 'BYE'.

XenoRaven

Haven't been able to play in a while because of the holiday season and family visits and stuff. Decided to get a little practice in last night...

I'm going to get so destroyed in the first round. :(

qcf x2

I'm in. Hopefully I remember to not do something else around that time. And hopefully I don't slit my wrists from choosing Viper over Chun Li. Considering I struggle with the milf in anything under 5 bars. But the challenge, it tantalizes me.

qcf x2 said:
I'm in. Hopefully I remember to not do something else around that time. And hopefully I don't slit my wrists from choosing Viper over Chun Li. Considering I struggle with the milf in anything under 5 bars. But the challenge, it tantalizes me.
hey don't give up on not having 5 bars, maybe we'll be matched up (you're south fl, too right?)

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
I may or may not be around to play in the tourney later tonight. Don't feel comfortable committing unless I know for sure I'll be there though. Hopefully there'll be some spots left open if I am here.

XenoRaven said:
I'm going to get so destroyed in the first round. :(

Don't worry about it. I'm in the same boat. I have this mysterious swelling in my right hand, which is like an infection that seems to be spreading. I tried playing last night and there is numbness in my right hand, which is making button pressing a lil more difficult, but I'm still going to have fun. SAIKYO!!

XenoRaven

Spiderjericho said:
Don't worry about it. I'm in the same boat. I have this mysterious swelling in my right hand, which is like an infection that seems to be spreading. I tried playing last night and there is numbness in my right hand, which is making button pressing a lil more difficult, but I'm still going to have fun. SAIKYO!!
You use Dan, and you have an injury. You have a legitimate excuse. My excuse is pure ineptitude.

qcf x2

_dementia said:
hey don't give up on not having 5 bars, maybe we'll be matched up (you're south fl, too right?)

Yes sir. I'm sure there will be good games lag-wise and bad games. I guess I'll pick between Viper and Sakura depending on the number of bars.

All this talk of getting destroyed in the first round, come on guys, CONFIDENCE!

Believe in yourself, you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Also wolfkrone/porkloafking/spiderman pad viper player/young black kid is now frequenting Gaf chat on psn.

If you wanna see what REAL young pad talent plays like (as opposed to Shine's scrubbiness) then play against him, he's great.

He's in the exact same boat as Shine, except he's actually good.

RS4-

Hmm, picked up SFIV again for ps3 and installing the game is a complete struggle. It's reading the disc on and off, going a percent or so at a time.

I don't remember it doing that last time.

I wish I had a snuggie. It's freaking cold, my hand are like sausage links but the Saikyo burns inside me.

I didn't know Porkloaf was pad viper. He was in there giving a panda person advice.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
So I played HeavensRyu from the IPW chat. He's actually good, some very nice FADC link combos with Guile. Although somehow he claimed that Haunts was being a bitch for not fighting him on the stream? Even though he was the one ducking...

He also claimed that he beat all of Empire Arcadia...

PSN is dead for GAF.

And Timedog, he sounds as boisterous as you. Did he beat J.W., Sanford, Hu, etc? Or did was he talking about the Empire of Rebel fame?

Just got my 360 TE, GT is KillaBMike (somebody already took my GAF tag :S - probably me a few years back).

Looking forward to seeing what the sexbawkz has to offer.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
He claimed he beat them all. He said the whole team, and I asked specifically about Justin Wong and he said yes.

I'm boisterous but I back it up with zoning and jump in skill. Timedog Ryu guide incoming!

Killa Sasa said:
Just got my 360 TE, GT is KillaBMike (somebody already took my GAF tag :S - probably me a few years back).

Looking forward to seeing what the sexbawkz has to offer.

I'll add you and play later on tonight after the tourney if you'll be on.

xbl gt: gnizzle858

Timedog said:
He claimed he beat them all. He said the whole team, and I asked specifically about Justin Wong and he said yes.

I'm boisterous but I back it up with zoning and jump in skill. Timedog Ryu guide incoming!

Did you make this guy up? Beat all of them, including Justin Wong. How come he wasn't at West Coast Warzone, SB4, Absolute, Final Round, Devastation, Evo, NEC, etc?

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
How to beat every character with Ryu, by Timedog

I am using my awesome match up knowledge to create a definitive guide for Ryu players. This is powerful, powerful stuff, so use it with extreme caution, unless you want large amounts of salt in your eyes.

Dhalsim: This one is really tough. Normally with all the other characters you'd want to be jumping every chance you get, but he has this knee move with a hitbox that takes up almost half of the screen. If you're not playing a pro, still jump in, but a pro will know the knee move. Anyways, dp at the beginning of the match, cause he's gonna do long arms at you right away. He'll fall into a pattern of yoga fires, so time him and then throw full screen tatsu's all day. Once you get in close make sure to knock him down again with something, then do an overhead smash. Dhalsim's ALWAYS forget that Ryu has an overhead after the 2nd consecutive knockdown.

Blanka: Blanka is one of those characters that moves up a tier online unless lag is near perfect. Basically the other player is gonna be doing all this random bullshit and you just need to turtle and wait for moments when you can punish his foolish mistakes. He thinks his shitty slide is so awesome, but why don't you go ahead and block that, and punish it with cr. mk into EX tatsu for 30% of his shitty life? He's gonna random ultra you tons, but punish this with your own ultra after blocking it. Watch out for lp ball into throw shenanigans at the beginning of the round--this is hard to DP punish online, so you're best bet is to just tech it's shittyness. If it's too laggy just ragequit.

Chun Li: Once again, Chun is a character that goes up a tier during lag. Somehow her hassanshou becomes hard to DP punish, and her normals are fast and have deceptively long range, so you have to be up on that block button. If you can't dp her hassanshou cause it's fucking online, focus attack it and then get a free combo. She sucks up close except for her EX spinning bird kick, so bait her into using her meter by doing stuff like walking up right next to her after a knockdown and neutral jumping at the very last second--if she spinning bird kicks you'll be able to combo the fuck out of that shit. Also lots of safe jumps, because it's easily worth the chip damage if you get her to waste meter. Don't let her slow fireball + walk up because this is her most powerful technique. make sure to ixnay her fireball with your own while she's still pretty far away from you. She's going to normal you a split second after the fireball hits you, so if you have EX you can EX DP *right* before the fireball hits and score a little damage. You might be able to EX tatsu a tad earlier than that also, but I don't know cause I haven't tried it and don't really care.

To be continued...

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Spiderjericho said:
Did you make this guy up? Beat all of them, including Justin Wong. How come he wasn't at West Coast Warzone, SB4, Absolute, Final Round, Devastation, Evo, NEC, etc?

No he was in the chat during Haunts' stream a few nights ago.

Timedog's guide to somehow win.

Against every character:
1. Random EX fireballs
2. Jump yourself backwards into the corner to sucker them in and unload a random EX fireball into their face.
3. Elite Ultra setup (fuck FADC)...lp. srk the jump in>Ultrrraaaa.
4. c.mp, unlinked c.mp, unlinked c.rh.
5. Spam j.mp x2

To be continued...

you know I'm just fucking with you

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
black_vegeta said:
Timedog's guide to somehow win.

Against every character:
1. Random EX fireballs
2. Jump yourself backwards into the corner to sucker them in and unload a random EX fireball into their face.
3. Elite Ultra setup (fuck FADC)...lp. srk the jump in>Ultrrraaaa.
4. c.mp, unlinked c.mp, unlinked c.rh.
5. Spam j.mp x2

To be continued...

you know I'm just fucking with you

Eh, I still don't know where you're getting the j. mp spam. I maybe did that a couple times when we played? I can do c.mp c.mp c.rh like 75% offline. Online it's hard cause I look at the recoil animation for my timing, instead of memorizing the timing of the button presses.

Also people accuse me of spam random DP'ing (which is true if I'm not paying attention/caring), but Haunts.....err, Yawnts did as many random DP's as me when we played and no one mentioned it AFAIK.

AZ Greg said:
I think you used your Dhalsim strategy on me last night and it worked. :(

Looking forward to your Vega strategy though!

Never DP on wakeup.....

.....pray?

Timedog said:
Eh, I still don't know where you're getting the j. mp spam. I maybe did that a couple times when we played? I can do c.mp c.mp c.rh like 75% offline. Online it's hard cause I look at the recoil animation for my timing, instead of memorizing the timing of the button presses.

Also people accuse me of spam random DP'ing (which is true if I'm not paying attention/caring), but Haunts.....err, Yawnts did as many random DP's as me when we played and no one mentioned it AFAIK.

The first time we played (proir to our first to 10 matches), yes you spammed j.mp like no tomorrow.

It's all good TimeDiggityDog, keep those guides coming son. I'm looking forward to your one against Boxer.

Timedog said:

Sagat's do that though. He did spam it a few times. But the penalty for Sagat doing a Tiger Uppercut versus Ryu doing a dragonpunch are is significant. Sagat's health>Ryu's health.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
black_vegeta said:
The first time we played (proir to our first to 10 matches), yes you spammed j.mp like no tomorrow.

It's all good TimeDiggityDog, keep those guides coming son. I'm looking forward to your one against Boxer.

Oh wait, you played Bison then, right? That makes more sense since he's airborn so much and his air moves don't have insane priority like Balrog.

Top Bottom