• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
arstal said:
If SFIV wasn't going to be replaced by SSFIV, Ryu would have overtaken Sagat this year, if he hasn't already in ranking. He just has nothing to exploit and you can get away with murder.

nah.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Grifter said:
I took down haunts. EAT IT haunts! You had it won too. Hope we can play local one day, I like playing Sagat close (not smart but fun!) but it's hard to reacts on 2 bars.

HAH! It was a good match even though it deflated me for the rest of the XBL tourney. You should have seen the ass whoopin AZ Greg gave me. :lol

XenoRaven

Man haunts, I'm not saying I could have beaten you, but when I was practicing before hand, I was in the 2nd player position, and when I played you I was in the 1st player position, but I kept thinking your EX meter was mine. =(

I suppose that's what I get for taking a nap right before the tournament. >_>

haunts

Bacon of Hope
I really need one for our friday Keystone sessions.... Paper brackets got ripped up last time so want to avoid any shennangians this time around..

..and oh yeah, I'll be streaming Keystone II Scambats tomorrow.. Be sure to download and fire up skype too, cuase we will be taking live calls during the tournament. Ricky Ortiz and Magus1234 seem to love being ont he mic the most so be ready to chat with them. :lol

We might even stream PSN matches too if there is enough time! Seems like things always get set up an hour later than I plan them to tho. :(

What about that challonge.com site? I think it was used during some texas SBO qualifier (I want to say BlazBlue? Maybe the other games as well?) Plus someone mentioned it yesterday during the GAF tourney.

Teknopathetic said:
What about that challonge.com site? I think it was used during some texas SBO qualifier (I want to say BlazBlue? Maybe the other games as well?) Plus someone mentioned it yesterday during the GAF tourney.

I believe K.Sabot was the one who mentioned it.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Teknopathetic said:

I just found it like 5 min ago - someone linked me. It was the site I was looking for actually. :D

Teknopathetic said:

That's the one. Fubar (arcade ufo, atx) routinely runs like 3 tournaments at a time off his iphone using challonge.

gutabo

Grifter said:
That's awesome, I'm buying. Thanks!

Edit: And done. Who's up for PC games tonight?
Can you buy steam stuff from any country?(like, Peru?)

Also, sorry for yesterday, the wife street fighter-blocked me yet again... seems like I'been playing "too much" SF lately("too much" = more than any amount of time chosen by her) :( altho the tradeoff was good enough :)

gutabo said:
Can you buy steam stuff from any country?(like, Peru?)

Also, sorry for yesterday, the wife street fighter-blocked me yet again... seems like I'been playing "too much" SF lately("too much" = more than any amount of time chosen by her) :( altho the tradeoff was good enough :)

You need to get your priorities right. :p

gutabo

black_vegeta said:
You need to get your priorities right. :p
Well it actually sounds worse than it is, I've been on a SF rush for almost 6 weeks and vacations didn't help either ;)

Any help with the steam info?

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
noisome07 said:
For those of you who don't read the Steam thread SF4 PC is 10$ today only.

Bought. Even though it'll probably run like shit on my comp. But I hear it runs pretty smooth even on older machines if you turn all the settings way low.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Lost Fragment said:
Bought. Even though it'll probably run like shit on my comp. But I hear it runs pretty smooth even on older machines if you turn all the settings way low.

Nevermind! Apparently it won't even run on my comp :lol No matter though, I'm upgrading in a few weeks anyway.

BotoxAgent said:
great article, but u guys forgot about the "Rise of Chris Hu" :p

This. I respect that. I'm going to watch the Funny Matches, so I can hear his commentary. The best pound for pound SF commentator. No roids or defamation law suits either.

The doctor said I have to be a slug with my right hand, since I have an infection of some type (it's a zombie hand now). I'd like to play.

I think if I can grind more, I'd be better at the Saikyo. I thought the matches I had were all pretty close, considering I had Dan except when Arstal switched to Honda (ugh).

Zapages

Recorded some matches with Dazzle... My God the input lag is terrible with it. I seem to get worse after using it. lol I play better without it on my regular tv.

Volkoros (El Fuerte) vs. Zapages (Ryu): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tYtetRFQEY
Cabelo80 (M. Bison) vs Zapages (Ryu): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpItddKyaRw&feature=player_embedded
GameGenius95 (Chun Li) vs Zapages (Ryu): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEwRqvd5w0w
yaridovic (Fie Long) vs Zapages (Ryu): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ak6Imj8jn0

Match 1: Guykit (Fei Long) vs Zapages (Ryu) Match 2: Jull07 (Ryu) vs. Zapages (Ryu): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4xOV1Xq5FM
I could have won the 2nd match if it wasn't for the horrible input lag. :lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4xOV1Xq5FM

is there an FADC online tutorial to help us old farts with our old ways?

I still fuck up almost all FADC setups with them QCF, SRK characters (that I play rarely in SF4)

I want to prepare myself for change in a change of main but first I need to learn how to good with FAs (which I suck total with)

please help this old dawg!

FindMyFarms said:

I saw it the other day and thought you saw it already. You were quoting it.

Gutter, not sure what I can tell you. It's shortcut (or full motion), two middle buttons and hold, dash forward or back and whatever move. It's harder on a stick than controller (or maybe it's vice versa). The best person two characters to practice with are obviously Ryu or Sagat.

gutabo

gutter_trash said:

I still fuck up almost all FADC setups with them QCF, SRK characters (that I play rarely in SF4)

I want to prepare myself for change in a change of main but first I need to learn how to good with FAs (which I suck total with)

I hope this helps. I use stick, BTW.

I've been practicing the ruy FADCs too. At first, I was having a hard time and trying to do it too fast, but then I started to do it first using Ryu's EX Shoryuken(2 hits), that gave me more time to think about doing the FADC. Once I got a little bit more comfortable with the whole FADC idea(press MP+MK, hold buttons, dash), I realized that it can be done too with just forward, MP+MK, forward, and since I felt more comfortable doing that I switched the FADC method. Then I tried with the regular shoryuken(only one hit) outside a combo, and finally I did it inside a combo.

I still find it easier to do it on the 2nd player side, on the first player side I still do the first FADC method I described, and since I barely use Ryu I have to warm up first or do it offline. Online, I have only done it like twice, since I use Honda online most of the time. That makes my Ryu really crappy but hope is still strong!

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
gutter_trash said:

I help myself by doing c.mp, s.mp, fireball, fadc, c.mp, s.mk, fireball, repeat. A small part of my Ryu combo.

moviejd.gif

Before that it was c.mk, fireball, repeat.

Put stun to none and try to get the counter up to 99. Of course, you can try this with Sakura, Ken, Akuma and even Sagat too. All of their timing are slightly different.

For example,

zy84gh.gif

---------------

UC2 and a few others game are keeping me busy (besides life) so I haven't been playing SFIV as usual.

I went against doctors orders and played today. I played against some random person Huujason. He ended up beating me 10-5. I played him with my Dan and Honda. They were too weak to overcome his Dark Hadou tactics. So, I switched to Roo too, and I beat him a few times. I then played with Sagat and managed to get a win streak. He stopped me cold though when he picked Ryu again. I'm not going to waste my time with Dan no mo (only for fun). My new year's resolution is to play this game more.

Wow at the 23-hit Rufus combo and the last Viper combo. Good stuff Maj.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Kadey said:
I help myself by doing c.mp, s.mp, fireball, fadc, c.mp, s.mk, fireball, repeat. A small part of my Ryu combo.

moviejd.gif

Before that it was c.mk, fireball, repeat.

Put stun to none and try to get the counter up to 99. Of course, you can try this with Sakura, Ken, Akuma and even Sagat too. All of their timing are slightly different.

For example,

zy84gh.gif

---------------

UC2 and a few others game are keeping me busy (besides life) so I haven't been playing SFIV as usual.

interesting..to warm up with ryu i do jumping fp standing fp hadou fadc fp hadou fadc cr st hadou fadc cr frwd etc....it gets really fun to see how many you can do before your mind basically gets fried

SoulFist

Picked up SF4 on PC. I hope to play with you PC cats. My GWL thing is: SoulFist7 :D

Happy New Year Fighting Game GAF! I hope to do even more FADCing in 2010.

DryEyeRelief said:
Any Akuma players here who play on stick available for tips?

Trying out Kara demon's are making my hand hurt.

Remember first that kara demon is performed with the super, not the ultra

Hold forward and press LP+MP, LP+MP, then slide the stick to down forward and press lk, then fp.

Pressing lp and mp at the same time while holding forward gives you the LP input necessary for the demon, while the mp comes out instead of the lp due to input priority. Since the mp comes out, you'll get the command normal which lets you do the kara.

FindMyFarms said:
Remember first that kara demon is performed with the super, not the ultra

Hold forward and press LP+MP, LP+MP, then slide the stick to down forward and press lk, then fp.

Pressing lp and mp at the same time while holding forward gives you the LP input necessary for the demon, while the mp comes out instead of the lp due to input priority. Since the mp comes out, you'll get the command normal which lets you do the kara.

I forgot about the normal kara demon.

Thanks FMF, but I guess I should have clarified. I'm trying to do the Tsujinrai demon, where lp+roundhouse is plinked into mp.

DryEyeRelief said:
I forgot about the normal kara demon.

Thanks FMF, but I guess I should have clarified. I'm trying to do the Tsujinrai demon, where lp+roundhouse is plinked into mp.

Oh you just need to be fast on that lol. I think you have a 2 or 3 frame window to do it? I use my index and ring finger for lp+rh, middle for mp, then index and ring again for lp+fp.

I usually stay away from doing that since I can't really do it that consistently.

bPod

Those are interesting warm up methods for Ryu. Im still struggling with Ryu's shoryuken fadc to ultra; some days I can do it without a hitch and some days I just fubar'd.

Today, I stumble that I can shoryuken > mp+mk > forward (dash forward only once) into ultra without any problems, then I took a little break and went back to it; to my surprise I couldn't pull it off, just kept messing it up.

Grrr...has to be a simpler way! Guess I have to lock myself up in my hyperbolic time chamber til my FADC to Ultra is automatic.

I have no problem performing the c.mk > ex. hadouken FADC Ultra, but I cannot pull off the other one to save my life.

I've been watching some vids for combos and have written them some down; looks easier on screen than anything else. Too bad I lack timing, practice and patience to succeed in this game lol.

Time to lock myself up.

ntropy

i was playing dragon age and there's a spell by the last boss with 'vortex' in it and i immediately thought of akuma. (i think i watch too many sf videos)

Top Bottom