• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

K.Sabot

FindMyFarms said:
I have no problem substituting tekken 6 or Day of Defeat for sf4 in our rematch! Don't pull a Timedog on me :lol

Okay DoD:S it is.

We'll be playing at dod_flash and I'll get the machine gunner class.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
FindMyFarms said:
Who won the XBL and GFW brackets?

edit - forgot, good shit to Killasasa for puttin me in the morton's bracket

I thought you were in the IRC... :lo

Right now Sasa and Grifter kicking it out in XBL grand finals... but so far!!

FINAL
FINAL TALLY
PSN
http://i48.tinypic.com/21tnhz.gif

GFW
http://i50.tinypic.com/fux5iq.gif

XBL
http://i49.tinypic.com/zmb5s0.gif

TOP 3
PSN:
1. HAUNTS
2. KSABOT
3. FINDMY FARMS

GFW
1. CROWIEX
2. RELIX
3. TURTLESNATCHER

XBL
1. KILLSASA
2.GRIFTER
3. RELIX

EACH WINNER GOT A FREE COPY OF OSMOS!!

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
haunts said:
awesome job running the tourney Relix.

Ill win both tournies next time guys. You're all DEAD!

Thanks for the compliments, really appreciated. It was fun, great, I ended up in a good position and well... it was stressful at times but I think I got through. Gotta thank you guys though, especially you and Findmyfarms, helped pick some of the slack I left sometimes.

w00t

FindMyFarms said:
Damn nice, good shit winning the XBL tourney Killa

Thanks dood :D I got lucky, preyed on most people probably not knowing the Cammy matchup or my play style. Also, whoever beat haunts saved me too lol.

Grifter, your Akuma is like one in my city - pretty friggin beastly. Haven't been perfected so many times in a while.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Killa Sasa said:
Thanks dood :D I got lucky, preyed on most people probably not knowing the Cammy matchup or my play style. Also, whoever beat haunts saved me too lol.

Grifter, your Akuma is like one in my city - pretty friggin beastly. Haven't been perfected so many times in a while.

What's your xbl tag?

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
I hate Ryu.

Like srsly, how can people think or say, jokingly or otherwise, that Sagat is overpowered?

Ryu is the fucking devil and should be driven out!

chriskun

McBradders said:
I hate Ryu.

Like srsly, how can people think or say, jokingly or otherwise, that Sagat is overpowered?

Ryu is the fucking devil and should be driven out!

In the right hands Ryu is a god. He has way more options than Sagat does. Even someone with elementary knowledge can see this. What separates Sagat and Ryu is that Sagat does way more damage, and takes less than Ryu( I think).

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
chriskun said:
In the right hands Ryu is a god. He has way more options than Sagat does. Even someone with elementary knowledge can see this. What separates Sagat and Ryu is that Sagat does way more damage, and takes less than Ryu( I think).

Oh yeah absoloutely (he has more health than Ryu IIRC) I just hate, having worked so hard, gaining a meaty life lead to lose to a traded SRK or other move to super to ultra. AAAAh.

My own fault, I know, I just wanted to vent. I also want to give up maining Sakura. Rog was so much easier T_T

ggs to people today.

Lag sucked balls in almost all of my games. totally mortons about that shit.

Sorry Rice-Eater for using Fuerte.. D: I switched to Gen cuz you asked me too and I think I got like 10+ focus attack crumples :lol

chriskun

McBradders said:
Oh yeah absoloutely (he has more health than Ryu IIRC) I just hate, having worked so hard, gaining a meaty life lead to lose to a traded SRK or other move to super to ultra. AAAAh.

My own fault, I know, I just wanted to vent. I also want to give up maining Sakura. Rog was so much easier T_T
believe me, i feel your pain. I play Honda, so Ryu isn't as much of a problem for me as Sagat, but dear lord. His fucking tick throw bullshit is so annoying, especially online. I know they said there's not gonna be any nerfing in ssf4 but I hope Ryu's throw range is decreased, its fucking insane.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
chriskun said:
believe me, i feel your pain. I play Honda, so Ryu isn't as much of a problem for me as Sagat, but dear lord. His fucking tick throw bullshit is so annoying, especially online. I know they said there's not gonna be any nerfing in ssf4 but I hope Ryu's throw range is decreased, its fucking insane.

Ryu's throw range is insane, how?

chriskun

well, it seems like he can throw me after doing a block string of two jabs without walking forward. This might just be online shenanigans though, don't have too much experience with the game offline.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
chriskun said:
well, it seems like he can throw me after doing a block string of two jabs without walking forward. This might just be online shenanigans though, don't have too much experience with the game offline.

With his kara throw, yeah, but 99% of ryu's online aren't doing this. If you're running into this a lot it's probably just you not recognizing the short step forward before the throw. Option select throw tech after every jab.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
chriskun said:

If SFIV wasn't going to be replaced by SSFIV, Ryu would have overtaken Sagat this year, if he hasn't already in ranking. He just has nothing to exploit and you can get away with murder.

Grifter

Killa Sasa said:

Why'd you let me come back from the losers set if you're just gonna win anyway? That just prolongs the hope, jerk!

Those sets were really fun! Yeah, I almost never play Cammy and I kept getting surprised after you'd land on my other side from a whiffed spike and wasn't sure just how to punish the drill. Maybe next decade. :D

I took down haunts. EAT IT haunts! You had it won too. Hope we can play local one day, I like playing Sagat close (not smart but fun!) but it's hard to reacts on 2 bars.

Thanks for running these, Relix! Maybe monthly ranbats are in order...switching off on bracket organizers.

Grifter said:
Thanks for running these, Relix! Maybe monthly ranbats are in order...switching off on bracket organizers.

If I have the free time, I plan on running bi-weekly ranbats when SSF4 comes out. I can do PSN side while Relix does XBL side (if he's interested.)

Killa Sasa said:

So modest! You get better every tournament, and I recall you beasting on me in the casuals we played last time.

Adnan, you esssssss

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
FindMyFarms said:
If I have the free time, I plan on running bi-weekly ranbats when SSF4 comes out. I can do PSN side while Relix does XBL side (if he's interested.)

Sure. I love doing this stuff.

I dreamed of Street Fighter last night, I shit you not. I was atop some skycrapper in NYC playing SF4 on a giant screen with a bunch of guys with faces like your avatars :lol I vividly remember a guy with a Juri face (Haunts), a freaking pug (FMF) and Daffy Duck :lol

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Thanks for running the tourney, Relix. Even attempting to run 3 one-day online tournies at the same time requires balls of steel. Good stuff. 'twas fun, even though I got my ass kicked in. But the next tourney we have I gotta make sure I get some sleep in the night before :lol

I think Rawkus deserves a shout out for his epic comeback against me in our Cammy mirror. I had won 5 rounds in a row and was getting ready to take the set 2-0, then he came back and beat me.

Threi

notag
Relix said:
Sure. I love doing this stuff.

I dreamed of Street Fighter last night, I shit you not. I was atop some skycrapper in NYC playing SF4 on a giant screen with a bunch of guys with faces like your avatars :lol I vividly remember a guy with a Juri face (Haunts), a freaking pug (FMF) and Daffy Duck :lol
Next time don't organize 3 tourneys and play in them while high on narcotics.

Top Bottom