• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

XenoRaven said:
Yeah, not everyone that plays games really wants to hang out with the typical convention goer, be it anime or game. Hell, I don't even like going to midnight launch events. I was gonna enter my local GameCrazy's Firefight tournament on ODST launch night, I took one step in the store, saw the people that were there for the tournament, turned around and drove right back home.

I haven't been to a tourney or convention for anything, but it's funny how you reject one generalization just to promote another one.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
haunts said:
anime con tournies, in my experiences, are typically run very bad and have the bottom of the barrel comp. I would avoid them personally.. >_>

Isn't that like free money though? Also how'd you like that beating I gave your Sagat, Yawnts?

ArjanN

K.Sabot said:
No honestly, those people creep me out.

v5eb8h.jpg

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Timedog said:
Isn't that like free money though? Also how'd you like that beating I gave your Sagat, Yawnts?

Many times they dont have cash pays outs.. You usually just win a prize or something..

Timedog said:
Today I decided that I'm really pissed at FindMyFarms for some reason. If you ever get over to Turtle's house and fight me over Live, I will break you.

Ha, ha. That's the spirit. Save it for Super, so we can do a lobby and have Haunts stream it (as long as the netcode isn't b.s. like HD Remix).

And my desktop is down again. I wish I had some spare parts to isolate the problem. And it's my love SFIV that always brings the computer to its knees. I'm only going to be able to participate in the PSN tournament.

Saikyo.

XenoRaven

DryEyeRelief said:
I haven't been to a tourney or convention for anything, but it's funny how you reject one generalization just to promote another one.
I think you're reading too much into what I said. I'm not trying to reject or promote anything. I understand that I'm generalizing, but the fact remains that I would probably not enjoy a convention because of the type of people that would normally attend one. I'm not trying to say I could never have an enjoyable conversation with a person that likes conventions, nor am I trying to say that all people that go to conventions are the same. Generalizations don't always have to be derogatory and they don't always have to be borne out of ignorance.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Spiderjericho said:
Ha, ha. That's the spirit. Save it for Super, so we can do a lobby and have Haunts stream it (as long as the netcode isn't b.s. like HD Remix).

And my desktop is down again. I wish I had some spare parts to isolate the problem. And it's my love SFIV that always brings the computer to its knees. I'm only going to be able to participate in the PSN tournament.

Saikyo.

Lately I've been calling my playstyle Saikyo Ryu. No meter. No combos. No regrets.

Find is fucking finished.

Edit: Also Yawnts. Yawnts is also finished.

XenoRaven said:
I think you're reading too much into what I said. I'm not trying to reject or promote anything.

XenoRaven said:
You made the right decision.

XenoRaven said:
Generalizations don't always have to be derogatory and they don't always have to be borne out of ignorance.

XenoRaven said:
Sorry for not enjoying the prospect of spending 4 hours with obnoxious teenagers and adults who look like they haven't bathed or shaven in weeks

Timeduck make sure you got at least $40 on you ready to transfer via paypal when we play. I usually hand out beatdowns for free, but you aint worth the time. Also, which character would you like me to pick? I'll let you decide how you want to be humiliated :lol

You know i love you

Not really, screw you

WTF? Are you guys challenging my Saikyoness? There's swagga and there's Saikyo. But I must say, it is strong in the one called Timedog. I've been under the weather with a severe allergic reaction, but he made my day on Saturday.

And I was watching that Shine vs. Sanford match... And um, Sanford's links crouching lk,lk,lk tiger, FADC, lk, lk, lk, finisher is sick. Sanford is a combo king. I'm not going to say he's the best tiger in the land (maybe Iheartjoe or Floe), but he's definitely up there. And I guess he's going to have the lay of the land since J.Wong is on the West Coast.

XenoRaven said:
You win. I'm not about to get in a pissing match over this.

It's not much of a pissing match since I'm not saying your generalization is wrong.

-obnoxious teenagers and people with questionable hygiene.

It's just funny because most people I know would cut off "people who play games competitively" and just say "people who play games".

XenoRaven

Well, when you quote sections of posts out of chronological order and out of context, it makes it seem like you're trying to make me look like I contradicted myself. The quote about obnoxious teenagers and adults who don't shower or shave was certainly meant to be derogatory. But it was also true. That's what I saw when I went to the Firefight tournament. I don't have the patience for that. I don't think those are the only types of people that go to all tournaments or all conventions. Those are just the ones I saw at the particular tournament I went to. Sorry if I misunderstood your intentions.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
i know its a bit late..and beaten to death...but it bares bringing back up..so i just played ranked cause i got tired of waiting in champ mode...i had 7 wins in a row..which netted me a cool 20 something points...and one loss which took over a hundred.....then i beat the same guy who just took a 100 pts from me twice in a row..and got less then half back...seriously who the hell designed this system?..thank god for champ mode

Halvie

Banned
Gr1mLock said:
i know its a bit late..and beaten to death...but it bares bringing back up..so i just played ranked cause i got tired of waiting in champ mode...i had 7 wins in a row..which netted me a cool 20 something points...and one loss which took over a hundred.....then i beat the same guy who just took a 100 pts from me twice in a row..and got less then half back...seriously who the hell designed this system?..thank god for champ mode

20 something points from 7 wins? They all must have been 0 BP and you must be 3k+. Then you lost to a person who had a lot less points than you. Then you beat him giving you less points than you lost seeing that he has less points than you.

I don't see what is so unfair or hard to understand. Yeah thank god for Champ mode where you won't lose points till you are way up there++

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
FindMyFarms said:
And GG's Panda! Just ease up on the wake up neutral jumps (assuming your opponent punishes you for them.)
GG's, salsa taught me to block low on wakeup and spam jabs on dive kicks right after i finished playing you. :p

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Halvie said:
20 something points from 7 wins? They all must have been 0 BP and you must be 3k+. Then you lost to a person who had a lot less points than you. Then you beat him giving you less points than you lost seeing that he has less points than you.

I don't see what is so unfair or hard to understand. Yeah thank god for Champ mode where you won't lose points till you are way up there++

i cant say i was paying attention to how many points they had..i did quick matches..but you seriously dont see a problem where if you win 9 matches and loose one you have less points then when you started?..i honestly don't care about the points but there had to have been a better way of doing it

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
haunts said:
anime con tournies, in my experiences, are typically run very bad and have the bottom of the barrel comp. I would avoid them personally.. >_>

Animazement is an exception- the NC tourney crew runs the game room there, so the level of comp is higher then most cons.

Alex Roski would likely be the best player there, as well as a couple others who made it to Day 2 of Evo SF4.

Yeah, most anime cons are free wins. Only time I play seriously is if cosplayer friends of mine are watching, or it's a person I can't stand.

Oh, and people in the FG community are just as likely to be otakuish as anime con folks, if not more so.

Plus, the fighting game culture that goes to tournies and the anime con culture don't mix well all that often. (This is also not an issue at Animazement, but NC is like a Canadian wrestling crowd)

Rice-Eater said:
I bet $100 that Time takes at least 72% of your life when combining the 2 rounds that you beat him down in.

You're gonna be rich!

XenoRaven said:
You win. I'm not about to get in a pissing match over this.

The game room at the animecon smelled like a pissing match, that's for sure.

Pandaman said:
GG's, salsa taught me to block low on wakeup and spam jabs on dive kicks right after i finished playing you. :p

But I thought I taught you not to spam jabs after dive kicks T_T It is a little different with Rufus though.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
FindMyFarms said:
Timeduck make sure you got at least $40 on you ready to transfer via paypal when we play. I usually hand out beatdowns for free, but you aint worth the time. Also, which character would you like me to pick? I'll let you decide how you want to be humiliated :lol

You know i love you

Not really, screw you

I've been practicing my cr. mp, cr. mp, sweep and i'mma tear that ass up with it. EX fireball all day, baby. Taste the mayonnaise.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
FindMyFarms said:
But I thought I taught you not to spam jabs after dive kicks T_T It is a little different with Rufus though.
true.

also your spike fadc throw annoyed me so much, every time i thought that 'he wouldn't possibly do it again, he'd know i'd tech... he must be double spiking' and every time i was thrown xD

DR2K

Banned
Kadey said:
I wished Ryu would hook up with Chun already. Or Sakura at this point. I want to see some SF babiez!!

Isn't it sort of obvious that he's gay? Can't imagine a baby getting through Chun's thighs and Sakura still hasn't gone through puberty. :lol

Wallach

Kadey said:
I wished Ryu would hook up with Chun already. Or Sakura at this point. I want to see some SF babiez!!

I thought Chun already hooked up with Guile or something. Also, isn't Sakura still in high school? :lol

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
And by searching, he means for love. :D

Mel is not enough. We need a whole cast.

What's the deal with that kid that Balrog found?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Wallach said:
I thought Chun already hooked up with Guile or something. Also, isn't Sakura still in high school? :lol

What? Who said that?

Oh crap. Now this brings back memories of this. My old avatar.

2yni6og.gif

The bigger question is what happened to Marn in that video? Methinks, he threw the first set to make it more interesting.

And Kadey, buy the Malibu Street Fighter comic. Ryu and Chun-Li make out in it. And Ken gets scalped by Sagat. Ninja edit: changed some of the names and such.

Or buy Street Fighter Alpha OVA, where Ryu has a little brother with the dark hado, and it's suggested Akuma is the Dark Lord of the Sith.

Street Fighter story used to be simple until Alpha...

mackaveli

quick question,

Super SF4 got delayed until after march 31 2010? Any idea when it will come out?

I don't know if I should keep my SF4 for $20 CDN that I got on boxing day or wait a couple of months for SSF4 if it comes out and is valued less than 49.99?

If its more than a 6 month wait I'll play SF4 in the meantime.

thanks.

Caj814

Wallach said:

Guile is already with someone that gives him all of the chocolate loving he'll ever need.
vy8qz7.jpg

Top Bottom