• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
One bit of good news. Today is payday plus state income tax return came in today. So, I have money to stare at in place of a stick and game.... *bursts into tears*

j/k. :D

Anyone who picked up the game today have some impressions?

LALILULELO

Neo Member
Kandrick said:
I call fake! Photo of dvd + manual or bust :D

No one got them yet here in switzerland :(

Here are the pics

SF42.jpg

SF41.jpg

JEKKI

ATTEN: anybody who went to the launch party last night!!

I got in at 10PM and they ran out of hats :(

if anybody has a sketched Estate LA hat they would be willing to part with, plz PM me!! I really want one and am willing to pay a nice price!!

thanks!!

LALILULELO

Neo Member
Kandrick said:
:D

But... black and white manual ? They are so cheap.

Its the Regular Edition, maybe the LE is in color? also the whole manual is in Dutch.
Maybe the non English versions are just made cheaper?
Is the regular american in color?

FrankT

Thread is moving a mile a minute. Going to pay off the rest of my pre-order tonight at my local GS. Probably laugh in my face if I ask if I can have it, heh.

FinKL

Well I was just in BB and used their item locater with the sku. Shows 0 copies in their warehouse and within 45 miles of las vegas. I'm almost positive more stores won't get it till wed. Although there isn't a street date. Ship date is all tjat matters since it hasn't been shipped and won't ship till 16-17th :(

Captain N

LALILULELO said:
Its the Regular Edition, maybe the LE is in color? also the whole manual is in Dutch.
Maybe the non English versions are just made cheaper?
Is the regular american in color?

I think the Japanese version is in color. I don't know about the US release.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
the import store where i was going to pick it up sold out already :(

now i'm stuck waiting til tuesday with everybody else

unless that wacky srk 7-11 thread pans out maybe

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Fucking B&N/Gamestop, guess I won't have a stick by launch, which means I won't really want to play, which means I'm fucking pissed. Where's the best place to try and get an SE stick now? Ugh this who stick thing sucks so much. Amazon, you suck, Capcom, you suck, B&N/Gamestop, both of you suck.

aaaaaaaaaaaa
stupid DHL!!!!! I left them a note at home to drop the package at my door step in the apt building (safe apt) building

stupid fucks, they cant read pen on paper notes,... they have to leave a stupid yellow form

I call the office for pick up, take 24h-48h business days for picking it up at their office.. stupid ass DHL crap.

and they are closed on Week-Ends!!

Socialized Public Postal Service >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Private dumbass international couriers

Barrett2

Man, I should have bought the two MadCatz 360 fight pads I saw at Best Buy today. Even those are being bought for a huge inflated value on Ebay.

Talk about underestimating demand. Why Capcom? ;_;

Kintaro

NameGenerated said:
Fucking B&N/Gamestop, guess I won't have a stick by launch, which means I won't really want to play, which means I'm fucking pissed. Where's the best place to try and get an SE stick now? Ugh this who stick thing sucks so much. Amazon, you suck, Capcom, you suck, B&N/Gamestop, both of you suck.

If you're getting it for PS3. Buy Flower on PSN and relax a bit. :D I feel your pain.

SoulFist

For the people who preordered the TE sticks from Gamecrazy, have you heard anything about sticks being in? I really really don't want to play SF4 without one.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I'm not going to worry about the sticks anymore. If I don't hear anything from B&N or Amazon by Tuesday I'm just going to cancel and overnight a HRAP3 from Amazon.

NameGenerated

darkressurection said:
Man, I am really glad I preordered my regular Fightstick. Sounds like some of you guys are in a shitty situation getting sticks.
Funny thing is, I pre-ordered a TE Stick in DECEMBER from Amazon, they just like to fuck everything up I guess.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Guled said:
Think we can make it to page 150 by launch?
This thread is mostly for venting impatience and frustration so I expect the number of posts to peak right around launch and then drop off a cliff as people start playing the game.

I was toying with the idea of making a Street Fighter music thread to give people something more productive to do during the wait but I honestly think people would rather continue to complain so I don't expect a lot of participation.

NameGenerated said:
Funny thing is, I pre-ordered a TE Stick in DECEMBER from Amazon, they just like to fuck everything up I guess.
Amazon is great when you need to order things that are already out, but pre ordering from them is hit or miss. I preordered Left 4 Dead from them and their shipping estimate was for a week AFTER the game came out. I canceled that shit and just bought it off Steam.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
SapientWolf said:
This thread is mostly for venting impatience and frustration so I expect the number of posts to peak right around launch and then drop off a cliff as people start playing the game.

I dont know I'm going to need gaf so I can be a good SFIV Blanka player.

If you live in Atlanta and you get the game lemme know I'll drive anywhere in the state to get the damn game this weekend.

I already got the last chun li gamepad they had at best buy.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
ChrisGoldstein said:
I dont know I'm going to need gaf so I can be a good SFIV Blanka player.

If you live in Atlanta and you get the game lemme know I'll drive anywhere in the state to get the damn game this weekend.

I already got the last chun li gamepad they had at best buy.
If you're serious about competition then be sure to check out the Shoryuken forums as well. Their devotion to fighting games they have is borderline fanatic. They also have local meetup threads for SFIV.

Kintaro

Chamber said:
I'm not going to worry about the sticks anymore. If I don't hear anything from B&N or Amazon by Tuesday I'm just going to cancel and overnight a HRAP3 from Amazon.

Good thinking. No point in worrying. The situation blows, but there are other alternatives should the need arise. :D

NameGenerated said:
If you ordered on B&N really late then yea you won't get it by launch but if you got it by the time they shut off in real stores etc.. then you should.

NameGenerated said:

For everyone hating on Amazon: I preordered Persona 4 and it gave me a ship date for a week after the game released. It shipped two days before and got there on the day it hit stores.

I'm not saying the sticks will be delivered on the correct day, but no one seems to have any idea what is going on with Amazon, so there is no need to get all pissy because they haven't sent out sticks BEFORE they are dated.

Where the fuck is mah stick?!

AndresON777

shooting blanks
SapientWolf said:
If you're serious about competition then be sure to check out the Shoryuken forums as well. Their devotion to fighting games they have is borderline fanatic. They also have local meetup threads for SFIV.

Thanks for the tip I'll look that place up

NameGenerated

TurtleSnatcher said:
If you ordered on B&N really late then yea you won't get it by launch but if you got it by the time they shut off in real stores etc.. then you should.
Ok I understand that, and I did, but they shouldn't have said they were in stock and got my hopes up. :(

darkressurection said:
Man, I am really glad I preordered my regular Fightstick. Sounds like some of you guys are in a shitty situation getting sticks.

Yea, you and I pre-ordered from the same store and you were able to get mine and I wasn't. Despite the fact that I was the first one to pre-order there. I called today and they said they still don't have them so I might just opt for a custom Sanwa stick with seimitsu buttons that works on both consoles. It'll cost me the same as a TE.

GalacticAE said:
Yea, you and I pre-ordered from the same store and you were able to get mine and I wasn't. Despite the fact that I was the first one to pre-order there. I called today and they said they still don't have them so I might just opt for a custom Sanwa stick with seimitsu buttons that works on both consoles. It'll cost me the same as a TE.
I still don't get how the fuck that happened. You would think that all the sticks would come in at the same time. I think you are probably right on the custom costing the same as a TE. I still don't get why 360 sticks came in and PS3 didn't, it doesn't make any sense.

[Nintex]

There are not enough *facepalms* *bangs head on wall* gifs in this world...

I wanted the 360 CE and retailers told me they wouldn't get it. I decided to order SFIV from Amazon.co.uk, quite cheap too. About two days later they suddenly open pre-orders for Street Fighter IV's 360 CE. I just checked and the Dutch store I would've ordered it from ships tommorow!

What's the ETA on Amazon.co.uk? Any of you guys ordered it there or got a shipping confirmation, it still says February 20 instead of February 14 on Amazon.co.uk :(

ashism

Man, I need to make a "I am really bad at SFIV" room for GAFers who are super rusty like myself. I'm still having a blast regardless. This game still manages to be fun.

Who's there?

Blueblur1

dfyb said:
what the fuuuuuck

There's been a change to the release date for your pre-ordered item.

The new release date is 03/01/2009.

bestbuy online TE stick order :(
I got the e-mail as well. The sticks situation is a total letdown. I wanted to have my stick ready for when the game arrived at least and now that isn't even going to happen.

-Sigh-

Kintaro

DMPrince said:
OMG OMG! they got the sticks in!!! both regular and TE!! getting it now!

Rock on!

Honestly, I could live with an early PS3 release in my town for the weekend... :lol

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Kintaro said:
Good thinking. No point in worrying. The situation blows, but there are other alternatives should the need arise. :D
Pretty much. The HRAP3 is a better stick than the SE Fightstick anyway. It's just uglier. :lol

Top Bottom