• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

traveler

Not Wario
Of the sticks available to purchase online at the moment, (aka non-TE and sold out/foreign sticks) which would be my best bet including the regular Fight Stick? The HRAP3?

Chamber

love on your sleeve
donkey show said:
Hay guys! :3

http://www.daviddino.com/dssfivwee.jpg[IMG]
:D :D :D

Totally makes up for not getting into the launch party last night. :lol[/QUOTE]
[IMG]http://i40.tinypic.com/351afxk.jpg

n3ss

aka acr0nym
Gouken 75% combo = future ban... Too good.

Launch party was crazy, have pics of the set up if people are interested. It was a mad house.

Oh and my signed copy the game from Ono-san

LowParry

Meh. I left on waiting for my TE to show up at my local GS. Gonna test out this fight pad later and give my impressions. Fuck these boxes though and their plastic sealing methods!

kiun said:
are you confusing EX2 with the HRAP EX ?

Maybe. Over the phone I asked the guy if "they had any EX2's" and he said : "Yeah, we just got the shipment in today -- the 360 is about 120 and the PS3 is at around 90."

?? Are the EX2's new?

corkscrewblow said:
So no luck today at Walmart or 7-11. I even tried Target knowing it wouldn't be there and I was right. FML

You're doing it wrong... you forgot to put "Today" in front of it.

Today, I had no luck as well. FML.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I know MarkMan isn't the one to blame, but if you have any information as to what the hell is going on, it would be nice to hear. This is not reflecting very well on Mad Catz at all if any of this March business is true.

ashism

God damn I can't do Chun Li's unique attack combo.
The on that does:
Back + MK
S.MK
Down, Up + MK

I can't get the Down, Up + MK to work right, is there a video where I can see the timing in action? Any tips?

CPS2

n3ss said:
Gouken 75% combo = future ban... Too good.

Launch party was crazy, have pics of the set up if people are interested. It was a mad house.

Oh and my signed copy the game from Ono-san

pics plz :D

tribal24

Banned
donkey show said:
Hay guys! :3

dssfivwee.jpg

:D :D :D

Totally makes up for not getting into the launch party last night. :lol

; ; damn you

andymcc

Banned
so, my store still hasn't received my TE stick, I preordered as soon as I was able to, are stores really not getting more until march? they haven't received it yet...

Zertez

Im not sure if this is true or not, but it is what they told me over the phone to corporate. GS has already filled some online/barnes and nobles orders, then sent the remainder of their allotment out to different stores. Some stores may get a shipment beginning next week, but not many. No idea on which store got priority, but they wont have anymore till some time after the first of March. I ordered back in December(08th) and they dont expect mine to be in till March.

JEKKI

new Street Fighter podcast

JEKKI said:
disclaimer: I only copy paste this from the site, plz disregard any mentioning of myself in the 1st person lol

Street Fighter Podcast #19 featuring Combofiend: Sinsation Recap

link: http://gootecks.com/podcast/street-fighter-podcast-19-featuring-combofiend-sinsation-recap/

Combofiend and I recap our weekend in Fairfax, VA at Team Kapital’s Sinsation Fight Club. It’s pretty lengthy (we had quite an adventure) and we talk about all kinds of stuff such as:

* My match with Marn
* Combofiend’s match with Justin Wong
* The scene on the East Coast
* East Coast hospitality :)
* Bringing Exhibition Matches to the West Coast

link: http://gootecks.com/podcast/street-fighter-podcast-19-featuring-combofiend-sinsation-recap/

mp3 direct: http://gootecks.com/audio/gootecks.com-street_fighter_podcast-19-combofiend.mp3

Mileena

Banned
thirtytwoutside said:
Fuck, that's a good idea. A Crunch Wrap Supreme would make me feel better about not getting the game.
Oh SHIT! You know whats really good. #9 no tomatoes and a soft taco with BAJA BLAST. Fuck I need to go right now.

LowParry

Kintaro said:
I know MarkMan isn't the one to blame, but if you have any information as to what the hell is going on, it would be nice to hear. This is not reflecting very well on Mad Catz at all if any of this March business is true.

I got the same talk today when I went to get my TE. They thought it was the TE but it was instead the SE. Left and came back to get the Chun Li pad and they just get an email from their corporate stating that reserves that were not fulfilled will not come till the first week of March. Which was stated as a date of "up to" so between now and then, we figured they would be shipping in waves. Who knows. I'll be patient and wait for mine. Me and my crappy EX2 will survive.

Kintaro

CcrooK said:
I got the same talk today when I went to get my TE. They thought it was the TE but it was instead the SE. Left and came back to get the Chun Li pad and they just get an email from their corporate stating that reserves that were not fulfilled will not come till the first week of March. Which was stated as a date of "up to" so between now and then, we figured they would be shipping in waves. Who knows. I'll be patient and wait for mine. Me and my crappy EX2 will survive.

Yeah, but I have no 360 alternative for a stick. The FightPad isn't for this game, but for other games on the system. So, I'm left with either picking up the EX and customizing it a bit or holding off on the game and waiting for the TE stick.

It's really a shitty situation all around. Mad Catz and Capcom played right off the hype of SF4 hard. Where there was the game, there were the sticks. Now, they can't even get them out in full force before the game hits. Mad Catz is what Mad Catz does I guess. =/

I'm not mad, just disappointed.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Kintaro said:
Yeah, but I have no 360 alternative for a stick. The FightPad isn't for this game, but for other games on the system. So, I'm left with either picking up the EX and customizing it a bit or holding off on the game and waiting for the TE stick.

It's really a shitty situation all around. Mad Catz and Capcom played right off the hype of SF4 hard. Where there was the game, there were the sticks. Now, they can't even get them out in full force before the game hits. Mad Catz is what Mad Catz does I guess. =/

Agreed but I'm actually kind of mad. :lol

Just canceled all my orders and ordered a HRAP3.

I'm guessing MadCatz decided to hedge their bets and make the sticks a limited production type thing. They figured they might lose a few sales, but it's better than over-producing in this economic climate.

Then the orders started rolling in, and they saw there was quite a bit of money to be made.

Kintaro

Chamber said:
Agreed but I'm actually kind of mad. :lol

Just canceled all my orders and ordered a HRAP3.

I suspect a good group of people will do the same. If I pick up the EX, there's no point in keeping my order for the TE.

LowParry

Kintaro said:

I feel ya. But on the bright side of things, with new production of these sticks, maybe we'll see less of that defects that people are talking about with buttons now working, stripped screws and scratches. I had the opportunity to get the SE but I decided to be patient and wait. But man, sucky situation for you. Maybe you should look into getting that Hori EX stick. You'd just need to swap out the buttons for Sanwa and you'd be golden. Plus it a nice slick black design.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001GDONZS/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I have the HRAPS3 for my PS3 and it's a great stick. It's just the same as the EX. Good alternative that I recommend for the impatient types.

Should I just use amazon to order the regular fightstick.

They say it becomes available on the 20th of Feb. So, does Amazon ship early/late etc.

Also, if I can manage to find a non-preorder unit from gamestop on monday or something, is there anyway to cancel your order from amazon? How does that work? Does it have to be before the 20th, before the product arrives etc. etc.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
For anybody still looking for a FightPad, Best Buys should have a decent supply. I saw half a dozen at a local store but passed on them after hearing about all the problems.

Honestly, I hope more people cancel their TE orders if it means I get mine sooner :lol. I ordered 2 from different stores and both are backordered.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
C- Warrior said:
Should I just use amazon to order the regular fightstick.

They say it becomes available on the 20th of Feb. So, does Amazon ship early/late etc.
The Amazon shipping estimate is for the 24th. Whether they'll ship before that is anyone's guess.

Amazon orders are simple to cancel. Just do it before the product ships.

And I'm not usually this impatient but I refuse to play on a Dual Shock so it's either get a HRAP or wait until possibly March to play the game. Easy choice.

I hear they are going to be shipped within two weeks of release.

Two weeks. Now, if someone has no sticks at all and only the 360 controller on hand, I might understand. If they already have a FightPad or another stick, it's really very strange. Just... play the game for two weeks until the stick comes in.

Two weeks, fellas.

IMG_0045.jpg

Picked this up. Sending it off to a friend next week. He better fucking enjoy it :lol

anyways. going to play Capcom Vs SNK 2 on bro's SFA stick [ps2]

I do have 3rd Strike but sending that off to friend as well :lol

AZ Greg

Kintaro said:
I suspect a good group of people will do the same. If I pick up the EX, there's no point in keeping my order for the TE.

It'll be interesting to see what happens to the eventual second-run of sticks. I wonder if Mad Catz is basing their second-run on the total pre-orders. If they are, and a bunch of people decide to cancel and grab an HRAP instead, then Mad Catz may end up with the same problem they wanted to avoid in the first place of having made more sticks than demanded.

Arde5643

FlightOfHeaven said:

Two weeks. Now, if someone has no sticks at all and only the 360 controller on hand, I might understand. If they already have a FightPad or another stick, it's really very strange. Just... play the game for two weeks until the stick comes in.

Two weeks, fellas.
We're gonna have a long weekend and the lack of stick is gonna hurt so bad for some people. :/

DMPrince said:
http://i443.photobucket.com/albums/qq155/McWiiWii/GAF/IMG_0045.jpg[IMG]

Picked this up. Sending it off to a friend next week. He better fucking enjoy it :lol

anyways. going to play Capcom Vs SNK 2 on bro's SFA stick [ps2]

I do have 3rd Strike but sending that off to friend as well :lol[/QUOTE]
where'd you get the stick from? gs?

ashism

ashism said:
God damn I can't do Chun Li's unique attack combo.
The on that does:
Back + MK
S.MK
Down, Up + MK

I can't get the Down, Up + MK to work right, is there a video where I can see the timing in action? Any tips?
Anyone? I can't do these up kicks for the life of me.

Kintaro

FlightOfHeaven said:

Two weeks, fellas.

The term "Strike while the iron is hot" applies here. I know what you're trying to say and I understand, but after the realization sets in, people will search for alternatives to play this game the best way possible while the iron is hot. If that means cancelling and picking up Horis, so be it.

Meliorism

Darkman M said:
How the hell do you unlock Gouken i got a perfect and finished two matches with Ultra Combo finishes,akuma is already unlocked.

Not sure if you managed to get him already, but when I unlocked him, I had to go through arcade mode twice with Akuma. I got my perfect first match and got my ultra finish the 2nd and 3rd match.

I played 1 round easiest because I'm a chump and don't want to take forever unlocking characters.

keanerie

Kintaro said:

I'm going to wait until we hear all sides of the story before I decide to blame anyone or call this a fiasco. It sucks, no doubt, a shitty situation all around for sure. But I dunno if they really weren't trying to play off the hype or really just did not know this would happen, even though some people might've told them it would. We'll see.

Anyway, if you are that desperate for a stick, the EX2 is not exactly the TE stick but it's serviceable, and not completely horrible. I'm just going to stick with it til March, we made it through STHD and I'll stick by it for another month. The EX2 is like my shitty car that I hate but can't help but feel sorry for.

I keep forgetting that some of the folks in this thread don't already have sticks and were counting on the SF4 ones to be there when the game came, and are going to be forced to play with a controller for a month. I can understand the anger a bit more in that respect.

Hey guys. I ordered the Regular Stick from Barnes and Nobel, and then I got an email saying It was delayed. So I called gamestop and asked to cancel it. It seems they said I was one of the lucky ones and I am getting it shipped this Monday :D

dekor MT

Banned
someone explain to me why people take and post pictures of their sf 4 sticks when they get them and havent even customized them yet.. what a joke

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
dekor MT said:
someone explain to me why people take and post pictures of their sf 4 sticks when they get them and havent even customized them yet.. what a joke
Uh? Not everyone is going to customize them, I know I'm not.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
ashism said:
Anyone? I can't do these up kicks for the life of me.

Hold back, medkium Kick, medium kick, down up medium kick...

soon as you hit the second medium kick, just tap down up medium kick. No charge required.

Spy

dekor MT said:
Why not? You're an idiot.

Edit: I just looked through your post history and stand by my statement.

dekor MT said:
super boss battles should be huge robocop looking mahfuckas and u have to snipe away certain parts of their body to dwindle their health before u fatality them.. they need a more epic feel.
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Top Bottom