• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

gutter_trash said:
aaaaaaaaaaaa
stupid DHL!!!!! I left them a note at home to drop the package at my door step in the apt building (safe apt) building

stupid fucks, they cant read pen on paper notes,... they have to leave a stupid yellow form

I call the office for pick up, take 24h-48h business days for picking it up at their office.. stupid ass DHL crap.

and they are closed on Week-Ends!!

Socialized Public Postal Service >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Private dumbass international couriers

Oh man.. Thats horrible!

I almost experienced this with FedEx today.. didn't leave it at the managers office like they normally due and was rescheduled for Monday delivery. I called and the driver went back to my apartment and left it at the leasing office so I am set!

I've had my TE stick for a week now...it's actually the first time I've used an arcade stick for a home console (typically I'd go to the arcade instead but this is a special occasion). I ordered my TE stick from gamestop and it came waayyyyy before I expected it to (maybe because I pre-ordered it on Jan 6th).

For those of you griping about amazon, I've ordered games from them in the past and almost every time, I'd get the game either day of or two days before yet their estimated ship date reads a week after release. (Maybe because I've ordered from them a lot they decide to ship early?)

One thing I noticed with amazon (i know it's too late now) whenever you order something that may potentially be completely sold out, it's best not to order from them. As to where I ordered the game from, I used amazon but I purchased the collectors edition because I knew that regardless of how many people wanted this game, they won't shell out 20 more dollars for a collectors edition.

My opinions of the SF4 MadCatz TE stick. For Stick noobs such as myself, there's a small learning curve. It took me about 3 days to be able to pull off shurykens as reversals without any jabs (in SSF2THD). besides that, the thing is sexy as hell, I wish I bought 2 because a friend of mine ordered his from videogamecentral and doesn't know what the status of his order is.

Oh, btw Kara throws and the sort, become easier with the stick, I find it. Playing 3s with a stick makes parries easier too. The face buttons I ultra sensitive too. I had also though about replacing the gate with the octagonal rather than the square, but I've doing pretty well with the square, that and I don't want to void my warranty. I still don't know what I would I use the turbo button for, plus it's kind of a cheap move. I've used it for Ikaruga though, A-M-A-Z-I-N-G.

Teknoman

Dunno if this is new news or not, but Gamestop might be selling SFIV on Monday. Its not street dated, and our manager just told us whenever we get em in, we can sell em/pick up our reserves.

ashism said:
Man, I need to make a "I am really bad at SFIV" room for GAFers who are super rusty like myself. I'm still having a blast regardless. This game still manages to be fun.

Who's there?
I'm a pretty beginner player who loves playing with people my same skill level. If you have Live add me: puyo puyo puyo

Teknoman said:
Dunno if this is new news or not, but Gamestop might be selling SFIV on Monday. Its not street dated, and our manager just told us whenever we get em in, we can sell em/pick up our reserves.
You wont have it Monday. It will be Tuesday at the earliest.

EDIT: Uh oh guys..

MadCatz must be having production issues.. The people who didn't get them at GS will have to wait until early March as well.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
ShinAmano said:
Since I don't think it was posted...how easy is easy on SF4 (to unlock characters):
http://kotaku.com/5152944/just-how-easy-is-street-fighter-iv-on-easiest

Story behind that.. I was at Richard Li's house (1up editor) and he was like "god damnit man I cant beat so-and-so" (i forget which character, may have been seth) and he went to make a phone call or something, I forget. So I was eating or something and just leaned over and kept hitting round house and made it thru the rest of the game. This strat made it to the 1up offices etc and thats how the video came to be. lol.

h3ro

Called up my spot in Brooklyn that usually sells stuff as soon as they get the shipment and even they said I have to wait until the 18th... :/

Teknoman

TurtleSnatcher said:

MadCatz must be having production issues.. The people who didn't get them at GS will have to wait until early March as well.

:lol A man can dream right?

Really wish it would get there on Monday though. The last few days of a much looked forward to release are the hardest.

LowParry

-sigh- So...the guy at GS didn't understand the way I said "tournament stick" before I showed. So I get there, they show me the standards. Hand to face moment. Thankfully the manager was there. Looked up my reserve, yadda yadda. TE is coming, just not sure. Next week though some time. Guess I'll just keep calling. But I managed to pick up a Chun Li fight pad. Only one they had there for 360. See how that flies.

CcrooK said:
-sigh- So...the guy at GS didn't understand the way I said "tournament stick" before I showed. So I get there, they show me the standards. Hand to face moment. Thankfully the manager was there. Looked up my reserve, yadda yadda. TE is coming, just not sure. Next week though some time. Guess I'll just keep calling. But I managed to pick up a Chun Li fight pad. Only one they had there for 360. See how that flies.

Wait, so your gamestop -did- at least have the regular edition fightstick? Buy it for me -- ship it, and I'll pay you back in Bisonopolis dollooors...

Grifter

TurtleSnatcher said:

you are shittin us

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
TurtleSnatcher said:

MARKMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!

guilebison!.gif

If Madcatz is too idiot-minded to fill the supply for major video game outlets like gamestop, best buy and walmart, I don't trust they can make a descent stick.

A play n' trade near me just got in some HORI EX2 sticks -- how are they? They are more expensive though being priced at 129.99 for the 360...

SHIT man!! they only had one regular edition stick for ps3 and that was mine that i preordered. no TE sticks. and there was an extra regular stick for 360 since someone cancelled and 1 TE stick reserved and that person already picked it up ;( time to go to the other gamestop and see. oh well.

C- Warrior said:
If Madcatz is too idiot-minded to fill the supply for major video game outlets like gamestop, best buy and walmart, I don't trust they can make a descent stick.

A play n' trade near me just got in some HORI EX2 sticks -- how are they? They are more expensive though being priced at 129.99 for the 360...

... you sure it's not the HRAP EX? THe EX2 should only be going for $50-$60...

bumpkin

TurtleSnatcher said:

Uhm... My buddy at GameStop just texted me and said they wouldn't have my stick until the first week of March. If so, well, yeah. I'm just a little bullshit at the moment. I reserved a stick at the store as soon as I heard they were taking preorders, and I'm not getting one when they officially come out? Come the fuck on!

I really hope he's kidding... I really do...

Darkman M

bumpkin said:
Uhm... My buddy at GameStop just texted me and said they wouldn't have my stick until the first week of March. If so, well, yeah. I'm just a little bullshit at the moment. I reserved a stick at the store as soon as I heard they were taking preorders, and I'm not getting one when they officially come out? Come the fuck on!

Yeah my stick from bestbuy.com is March now and the Amazon one will probaboly be pushed back as we'll. That's why i overnighted a Hrap from amazon last night, should be here shortly.

Teknoman

My GS (Houston) has standard sticks (dont know if they were just for reserves though) and 3 PS3 fightpads. Was supposed to be 2 PS3 and 1 360, but apparently even that got messed up.

TP

bumpkin said:

This might be the case with me too. All I have to play with now is my 360 controller =(
my hype just decreased a little

Blueblur1

Darkman M said:
Yeah my stick from bestbuy.com is March now and the Amazon one will probaboly be pushed back as we'll. That's why i overnighted a Hrap from amazon last night, should be here shortly.
With those matching March dates, I get the impression that the retailers are finally getting accurate info from Mad Catz regarding availability. I have a quick question: If I order another stick, let's say from Barnes and Nobles, do you guys think would I get it all (I don't care if it would arrive much later than early March)?

Zertez

Just called gamestop corporate number and he is saying March 1st as well. He chalked it up to marketing error and he tried to give some bs explanation how it wasnt gamestops fault. When I told him I already got one stick through Barnes and Nobles via gamestop, he didnt believe it but admitted they fill those orders and online orders first. Looks like those who ordered early in stores have to wait till gamestop gets another shipment. Last time I preorder with them. Whoever was the person guaging interest in the TE stick was way off and should be fired, even Pachter is closer than they were.

kiun

C- Warrior said:

are you confusing EX2 with the HRAP EX ?

Spy

We can't blame Amazon about the FightStick until the game officially comes out. If we don't have it by then I'll play the blame game. I think they'll come through!

evil ways

MoxManiac said:
On the offtopic of bison dollars, they should have packaged some bison dollars with the SF Movie bluray.

Is he still planning on kidnapping the queen of england to raise the exchange rate of every bison dollar?

Darkman M

Blueblur1 said:
With those matching March dates, I get the impression that the retailers are finally getting accurate info from Mad Catz regarding availability. I have a quick question: If I order another stick, let's say from Barnes and Nobles, do you guys think would I get it all (I don't care if it would arrive much later than early March)?

I don't see any reason it wouldn't at most places with standard shipping i would think you'd get in 3-5 days standard shipping and you can always pay extra for shipping if you want it faster.

Blueblur1

Darkman M said:
I don't see any reason it wouldn't at most places with standard shipping i would think you'd get in 3-5 days standard shipping and you can always pay extra for shipping if you want it faster.
Cool. I'm considering on ordering an SE stick. Possibly for the PS3 so I have a stick for both consoles.

Hay guys! :3

dssfivwee.jpg

:D :D :D

Totally makes up for not getting into the launch party last night. :lol

Top Bottom