• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

MoxManiac

CcrooK said:
I have 3 Best Buys listing it as in stock. All three say they won't have it till the 18th. Huh.

Edit: On a brighter fucking note! GS has my TE stick in! Woooo!

Are you talking about the website stock checker? I think it always lists preorders as available in stores.

Median

keanerie said:
!!!

I found the game. So I was walking downtown and decided to stop by 7-11 to see what's up just in case on some crazy-ass off chance they had their shipment and decided to sell. I went in and asked the cashier if they had Street Fighter.

"...S-street? Fighter?"

I just said nevermind and got a large Slurpee instead. I pretended it was a Street Fighter cup. As I was leaving the store, though, a guy runs up behind me. He had a 7-11 uniform on so I assumed he worked there.

"Yo, you looking for Street Fighter 4?" he asked. I nodded frantically. "Meet me in the back of the store in five minutes."

I said okay, and stood outside the store, finishing my Slurpee hurriedly. I threw it away and walked around the block and into the alley behind the store. There was the dude, and he was holding a copy of the game in his hand.

"We're not supposed to sell this yet, but I'll cut you a deal bro," he said. "How bad you want this game?"

I told him I wanted it real bad. He chuckled at me a little maniacally. Then he unzipped his pants and let them drop to the ground.

I looked down and then looked back up at him. The look in his eyes was menacing but oddly enticing. This was Street Fighter 4. I couldn't wait another 4 or 5 days for this game.

When we were done he handed me the game. I told him thanks and he said the same. Then he asked me, "What would you do for a Tournament Edition stick?"

When I got home I could barely sit down. But I had the game. I had the stick. It was time to tell everyone on GAF.

The great thing about this post is that if you read the first and last lines, it seems rather innocent. Well done.

Spy

MoxManiac is right. I checked if Resident Evil 5 (obviously isn't) is in stock at Best Buy and it said it was.

ShinAmano

Spy said:
MoxManiac is right. I checked if Resident Evil 5 (obviously isn't) is in stock at Best Buy and it said it was.
I just called Best Buy and gave them a blind SKU...said they had 50 of them...then told me 'o this is for Street Fighter 4 it does not come out until the 18th'.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
For what it's worth, Gamestop's newest flyer has Street Fighter 4 "in stores Feb 18th". So...good luck finding it with them before that I guess.

DihcarEM

bdizzle said:
My hypes kinda died down because of having to play on the 360 pad though. I'm desperately waiting for tuesday so i can pick up my TE stick from GS and really start working on playing the game right.

I totally get that cus i'm also playing with the 360 pad which is bad but i can still do some cool moves. I'm just happy enough to be playing it now. Just yesterday i was pissed off that so many people were already playing it and i wasn't, i decided to order the jap ps3 version which will arrive this monday. After fully ordering it i found SF4 Pal for sale close to where i live. I will now also have to buy a stick(probaly regular) for the 360. I already have a ps3 TE stick orderd.

Osaka said:
Better do it before you play the game even, the random new tier list on every page and the comments of random scrubs who haven't even played the game are THE LAW

THE LAW YOU HEAR ME
Uh my tier list was from Prima.. =\

LowParry

robertsan21 said:
AH WTF!!!

why??
I do not understand this at all, this totaly limits the game in so many ways

Does UFC 2009 have online VS modes?

:lol

Of course you can play people online. You just jumping on this hype train now?

ShinAmano

Well...GS says they have my TE stick in and I am going by after work to pick it up...now where the hell am I going to snag this game from?

MoxManiac

ShinAmano said:
Well...GS says they have my TE stick in and I am going by after work to pick it up...now where the hell am I going to snag this game from?

Where are you and did they call you or did you call them? I'm wondering if it's worth giving them a call after work...but the other guy was in Utah and i'm on the east coast so i have a feeling mine won't get it today.

ShinAmano

MoxManiac said:
Where are you and did they call you or did you call them? I'm wondering if it's worth giving them a call after work...but the other guy was in Utah and i'm on the east coast so i have a feeling mine won't get it today.
I am in Richmond VA. I got the call a couple days ago, but it was premature. I was calling around for the game and decided to try for the stick...one out of two is not bad, but I wish it was the other way around...I can wait on the stick ;)

MoxManiac

Yeah, I didn't even get that automated call that everyone else got so i'm a little worried. I preordered on jan 9th and paid it off in full, I hope I was in time..

ShinAmano

MoxManiac said:
Yeah, I didn't even get that automated call that everyone else got so i'm a little worried. I preordered on jan 9th and paid it off in full, I hope I was in time..
I pre-ordered on the 8th...only becasue the GS I ordered the game from on 12/31 did not know how to do the sticks. :lol

Halvie

Banned
MoxManiac said:
Are you talking about the website stock checker? I think it always lists preorders as available in stores.

All my local Best Buys have it in store, but won't sell till the 18th.

Pimpbaa

SapientWolf said:
I want to have the real SFIV box art when I buy the game. How should I print this out? What size paper is used for XBox 360 DVD box art?

Is there a PS3 version of that? I want the real SFIV box art too :D

dfyb

Banned
what the fuuuuuck

There's been a change to the release date for your pre-ordered item.

The new release date is 03/01/2009.

bestbuy online TE stick order :(

Pallaris

Any word yet on how the PS3 version is shaping up? A bit concerned cause I seen some slowdown and screen tearing in 'ps3' labeled footage.... just hoping its shitty flash video encodes. Given Capcom's track record so far not totally convinced...I have a pre-order but I would really not like to waste my cash if ps3 gets the shaft again and would rather do without.

dfyb said:
what the fuuuuuck

Yep, I got that as well.

Fuck it. I might just cancel the order and get a HRAPEX from Amazon. At this point, their date has been changed twice already... who's to say it's not going to change again? My Hori EX2 is getting pretty beat up from all the HDR I've been playing lately.

Here's to hoping my Amazon preorder for the PS3 TE comes through.

Barrett2

keanerie said:
!!!

I found the game. So I was walking downtown and decided to stop by 7-11 to see what's up just in case on some crazy-ass off chance they had their shipment and decided to sell. I went in and asked the cashier if they had Street Fighter.

"...S-street? Fighter?"

I just said nevermind and got a large Slurpee instead. I pretended it was a Street Fighter cup. As I was leaving the store, though, a guy runs up behind me. He had a 7-11 uniform on so I assumed he worked there.

"Yo, you looking for Street Fighter 4?" he asked. I nodded frantically. "Meet me in the back of the store in five minutes."

I said okay, and stood outside the store, finishing my Slurpee hurriedly. I threw it away and walked around the block and into the alley behind the store. There was the dude, and he was holding a copy of the game in his hand.

"We're not supposed to sell this yet, but I'll cut you a deal bro," he said. "How bad you want this game?"

I told him I wanted it real bad. He chuckled at me a little maniacally. Then he unzipped his pants and let them drop to the ground.

I looked down and then looked back up at him. The look in his eyes was menacing but oddly enticing. This was Street Fighter 4. I couldn't wait another 4 or 5 days for this game.

When we were done he handed me the game. I told him thanks and he said the same. Then he asked me, "What would you do for a Tournament Edition stick?"

When I got home I could barely sit down. But I had the game. I had the stick. It was time to tell everyone on GAF.

Oh my god. :lol

As for me, no luck. I hit every store in the mall, not a single place had the game or a PS3 controller.

-_-

Ronabo

dfyb said:
what the fuuuuuck

When did you preorder?

i did so on Jan. 22

Ah fuck mine delayed tooo. GAMEOVAH :(

Top Bottom