• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

C Jones

Just got a regular stick from Gamestop. They only got two in today: one for someone who reserved a TE and the regular stick to sell to non-reserves. I called ahead and they were kind enough to hold it for me.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
C Jones said:
Just got a regular stick from Gamestop. They only got two in today: one for someone who reserved a TE and the regular stick to sell to non-reserves. I called ahead and they were kind enough to hold it for me.
Lucky, I called earlier and they didn't have any in.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
dekor MT said:
someone explain to me why people take and post pictures of their sf 4 sticks when they get them and havent even customized them yet.. what a joke

Yeah no, sorry, I like all the Sanwa parts that came with my TE, no need to change shit.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
dekor MT said:
ok so then whats the point of posting a picture of a stick that has been seen 1000 already, and that looks exactly the same every time.. is it a mental deficiency?

You're not going to last very long here.

People are excited to get their product. It's all in good fun. Accept it or be on your way.

Kewk

Banned
Can anyone in the LA area PM me any locations that broke street? I've been calling all my normal spots (and even new ones) with no luck :\

LowParry

dekor MT said:
someone explain to me why people take and post pictures of their sf 4 sticks when they get them and havent even customized them yet.. what a joke

"You want me to go and fucking trash your lights!?"

andymcc said:
my girlfriend called corporate for me and they told her stores will get more allotments for preorders on Monday.

This isn't anything exciting. In fact, it's probably more bad news. Meaning the 1st batch is near fucked, so they are going to just do a better 2nd batch come first week of march. This 2nd batch is the batch that pre-orders will open for.

Interesting how some people are saying that some gamestops have them, while others are saying 'wait till march 1st' ??

Judderman

drawer by drawer
dekor MT said:

Holy crap how have you lasted this long?

Anyways...

Here's hoping I get a call tomorrow from a local B&M store :D I CAN'T TAKE THE HYPE MAN. IT'S KILLING ME.

andymcc

Banned
C- Warrior said:
This isn't anything exciting. In fact, it's probably more bad news. Meaning the 1st batch is near fucked, so they are going to just do a better 2nd batch come first week of march. This 2nd batch is the batch that pre-orders will open for.

Interesting how some people are saying that some gamestops have them, while others are saying 'wait till march 1st' ??

interesting because it's somewhat a relief to me. :lol

she did tell me the rep was really quick to pass the blame off to madcatz.

DKo5

Respawn Entertainment
Found a stack of both PS3 and 360 Mad Catz Fightsticks @ Frys today. Picked up a 360 one for myself. Still going to try and mod this MAS stick for 360 though.

Guled

Soulfire said:
Sooo...what if I've thought up to this point I wouldn't be able to buy a TE stick...but all of a sudden, I am able to get one. Where should I be looking? Am I fucked?
yes you are, unless you are willing to get raped by ebay prices

DihcarEM

FlightOfHeaven said:
I hear they are going to be shipped within two weeks of release.

Two weeks. Now, if someone has no sticks at all and only the 360 controller on hand, I might understand. If they already have a FightPad or another stick, it's really very strange. Just... play the game for two weeks until the stick comes in.

Two weeks, fellas.

That's exactly what i'm doing now. I have the game and i LOVE playing it. But this isn't a broken game, Capcom shipped this game out which most people will play with the regular ps3 or 360 pad. You're not going to be the best, but it's very playable. When i get my sticks, then i'll upgrade my game. But unlike those that refuse to play it without sticks,special pads i will have already gotten all the secret characters and know a lot more moves.

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
dekor MT said:

you're a joke

ashism

haunts said:
Hold back, medkium Kick, medium kick, down up medium kick...

soon as you hit the second medium kick, just tap down up medium kick. No charge required.
OMG I DID IT. Thank you haunts, EVO HERE I COME. Just kidding.

Snaku

Banned
DKo5 said:
Found a stack of both PS3 and 360 Mad Catz Fightsticks @ Frys today. Picked up a 360 one for myself. Still going to try and mod this MAS stick for 360 though.

I really hate not having a Frys in Florida. Every time I turn around I hear about an awesome deal there. :(

DKo5 said:

I;m trying to call m Fry's here where I live yet the fuckers aren't picking up their phone.

Way I figure it, if one Fry has em' another should. It's not like the Fry's you went to is anything special. Off I go...

Teknoman

NameGenerated said:
Uh? Not everyone is going to customize them, I know I'm not.

This. The Standard Edition sticks are great for the average fighting game fan. Responsive buttons, decent stick, and good weight/shape.

Barrett2

41PSbRpIa0L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

So what is the consensus on this stick? I just can't stand the thought of waiting 2-3 weeks for my SE stick to actually show up.

-_-

haunts

Bacon of Hope
ashism said:
OMG I DID IT. Thank you haunts, EVO HERE I COME. Just kidding.

lol any time..

lawblob said:

So what is the consensus on this stick? I am thinking about cancelling my SE stick order and just buying this instead.

sucks balls.. at least get an HRAP.

C- Warrior said:
I;m trying to call m Fry's here where I live yet the fuckers aren't picking up their phone.

Way I figure it, if one Fry has em' another should. It's not like the Fry's you went to is anything special. Off I go...

I called one Fry's (that's 25 miles away - I don't get why there aren't any closer to San Francisco) and they had them. Was IMing with a friend who is in San Jose, and his Fry's had them. I'm thinking that most of the Fry's have the SE sticks in stock.

vertopci

lawblob said:

So what is the consensus on this stick? I just can't stand the thought of waiting 2-3 weeks for my SE stick to actually show up.

-_-

Get teh HRAP3 if you can, but you don't want to spend that much, go for the SF4 SE stick.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I'm revamping my ranking with more info this weekend, please look forward to it!

Also, the dude at the SF4 party that asked me to sign his stick, are you on here?!

Guled

To those who had a TE stick pre order from Game Crazy may not get the TE day one, but they get a free wall scroll
Last night we received a Game Crazy memo from an anonymous source. According to the memo, the retailer is expecting pre-order shortages due to a “channel wide issue.” It goes on to explain that pads will “trickle in over the next 6 weeks to fill all preorders.” Those who don’t get their stuff on the first day will get a lovely parting gift: a SFIV wall scroll which Mad Catz has already packed in the initial shipments.

We verified the delays with several stores nationwide, but weren’t able to ascertain how “wicked cool” the wall scrolls are. Most of the Game Crazys we called have their initial shipment of controllers in, but they won’t be able to sell them before launch.
http://www.destructoid.com/sfiv-controllers-will-be-hard-to-get-even-if-you-pre-ordered-121597.phtml

Thats great for some of you guys, unfortunately for me I get nothing for my wait.

Also, it looks like the second wave of the TE sticks are coming in the first week of march and the third and last wave on the last week of march

15ytagl.jpg

Where can you get SFIV pads in store? I'm looking for either a Ken or Blanka PS3 one. At my local BestBuy they only had 360 ones. And there's no Fry's by me. Anywhere else?

Also, don't need the fighting stick, already have a HRAP3, and an X-Arcade (do these even work on SF4?). :p

keanerie

Guled said:
To those who had a TE stick pre order from Game Crazy may not get the TE day one, but they get a free wall scroll
http://www.destructoid.com/sfiv-controllers-will-be-hard-to-get-even-if-you-pre-ordered-121597.phtml

Thats great for some of you guys, unfortunately for me I get nothing for my wait.

Also, it looks like the second wave of the TE sticks are coming in the first week of march and the third and last wave on the last week of march

15ytagl.jpg

March is only a couple weeks away, gents, stay strong.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
More gallery pics

Chun-li alt costume (not used)
3277036559_c73cc4ddea_o.jpg

Cammy alt costume (not used)
3277036651_e2cd1f05ed_o.jpg

I'm going to be away from home this weekend for Valentine's Day (what a shitty time to release a game lol) so one final shot of my stats before I start up again on Monday.
3277036453_278cfc4633_o.jpg

HONDA. STILL GETTING SHIT DONE.

Zapages

Oichi said:
More gallery pics

Chun-li alt costume (not used)
3277036559_c73cc4ddea_o.jpg

Cammy alt costume (not used)
3277036651_e2cd1f05ed_o.jpg

I'm going to be away from home this weekend for Valentine's Day (what a shitty time to release a game lol) so one final shot of my stats before I start up again on Monday.
3277036453_278cfc4633_o.jpg

HONDA. STILL GETTING SHIT DONE.

those look awesome. :)

Top Bottom