• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

vg260

I'm finally starting to experiment with new characters. I play Guile 90% of the time.
Any tips on finger placement for doing FADCs into ultras? Everyone here talks like it's super easy, but it's pretty intimidating. I can't figure out how to do it without flailing my fingers wildly.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
I don't understand why people think certain characters are "boring". I don't personally find any matchups boring.

You guys should peep the Hu Alphaism interview. Pretty insightful.

And the streams have been pretty boring so far. I really wanted to catch the L.A. Riots and House of Cicada but they were both at odd times (one too late, the other early afternoon).

Time, I have my subscription card to Live, so we'll have to play soon.

Does this white guy really have to use the N word?

But Magus is awesome. I love him.

fernoca

Well, Ive been out of the loop..regarding SFIV news..but..anyone knows if the things in the upcoming ;Super' will be released as DLC for the regular game?

fernoca said:
Well, Ive been out of the loop..regarding SFIV news..but..anyone knows if the things in the upcoming ;Super' will be released as DLC for the regular game?

Stand-alone game, I'm afraid. It costs $40 and is releasing in May. 10 new characters, new animated cut scenes, selectable ultras, new costumes for the old characters, a few new backgrounds (Africa, Korea, Metro City, Burned Down lab, India, etc).

It's going to be the game of the year.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I didn't post about it, but I really enjoyed the streams yesterday, most definitely the iplaywinner stream - some good stuff there...

Just got home, and I'm starting up the new iplaywinner stream now...

Is the player 200yen suppose to be a Korean from South Korea? They keep referring to him by his country but they already have Korean players like Eric and John Choi who are regulars in the scene. So I figured he was actually born and raised there before coming over to the states for whatever reason(student?). Haunts or whoever, mind explaining that to me?

yeb

The last 48 hours have been kinda crazy for me.

-Won our ranbats on Friday night.
-I got 4.5 hours of sleep because it went late and I had to wake up early.
-2.5 hour drive north to LA Riots.
-I totally wasn't planning on going to Cicada's, but Kai and Ken I suddenly needed another team mate!
-2 more hours east in the car...
-SF4 until 4:30am or whatever it was.
-IHOP with a room full of players until sunrise.
-2 hours south to get home, and finally sleep after 24+ hours.
-Wake up 4 hours later to watch Kaeding miss every FG.

Very fun until that last part. >_>

LA Riots was very cool, they pretty much explained everything they were going to do when I got there and everything went exactly the way they wanted. Keno's always a tough fight, and Kai totally deserved to beat me. He seriously knows the Fuerte vs. Gen matchup better than I do at this point, thanks to his practice against Keno's Gen.

Cicada's was awesome. I hear people were saying I was having a bad day based on all my streamed matches, but it really wasn't that bad. I did well in my matches off the stream. What really bothered me was my loss against the Honda and Akuma.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Why you so awesome Yeb? :D
As long as you had fun mayng, that's all that matters. Looked like everyone was having a good time and the stream was pretty nice. Looking forward to more stuff like this.

Despite the lack of sleep, it sounds like you had a great time. You've elevated from a random forum poster and SF fan to fighting-game community stardom (for whatever it's worth).

Yet another disappointing playoff run by the Chargers, full of fail in that game. :(

Thankfully, there were oodles of streams going to this weekend. Thanks to Iplaywinner/Haunts and FADC for the streaming goodness! :D

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
The early part of the tournament before i tuned out was pretty bad. I was rooting hard for Santiago.

Who won? Hopefully not Filipinata Chump.

Wallach

Timedog said:
The early part of the tournament before i tuned out was pretty bad. I was rooting hard for Santiago.

Who won? Hopefully not Filipinata Chump.

He took second in a seriously awesome g. finals against Eric Choi.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Stabby McSter said:
i commend ryan for playing with seth

too bad seth sucks D:
Not like Dhalsim vs Rufus is any easier. That matchup sucks for Dhalsim. There are a few option selects that you can do to counter Rufus' dive kick/throw mixups, but FilipinoChamp mentioned on the stream that they weren't working for him.

Thank God for IPlaywinner archiving their streams (they're like the only ones who do it). That was a good finals. Filipinochamp did a great job running it back and almost taking it. Too bad Seth has doo-doo damage. Those EX-snake strikes would massively drain his life. And ultras were like the touch of death. The both of them going back and forth was like Jump Fighter but still entertaining.

Filipino and Arturo are like hardcore Seth/Dhalsim players. Doesn't SoCal have a pretty good Dhalsim too (UTJ, I think).

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Spiderjericho said:
Thank God for IPlaywinner archiving their streams (they're like the only ones who do it). That was a good finals. Filipinochamp did a great job running it back and almost taking it. Too bad Seth has doo-doo damage. Those EX-snake strikes would massively drain his life. And ultras were like the touch of death. The both of them going back and forth was like Jump Fighter but still entertaining.

Filipino and Arturo are like hardcore Seth/Dhalsim players. Doesn't SoCal have a pretty good Dhalsim too (UTJ, I think).

I think that was the turning point really.. Ryan was on a roll then this one round hit got hit with like a jump RH into EX Snake Strike and lost like 70 percent...after that he just seemed a little too rattled to bring it home.

It's really hard fighting that much in the GF when you're in losers tho -- gives the guy in winners so much time to figure you out.

Also, I am surprised we are the only ones to record streams since it's so easy. The FADC stream wasnt working for me today and I went to go watch it and nothing is there. X(

haunts said:
Also, I am surprised we are the only ones to record streams since it's so easy. The FADC stream wasnt working for me today and I went to go watch it and nothing is there. X(

Hmm, maybe Seb does it so people can visit his site or youtube page. I'm not quite sure what's the deal with the GYT, Gootecks, Cicada's. But to be honest, the Gootecks streams are usually of poor quality except for L.A. Riots 1 and 2. But at least he has the decency to upload them onto a torrent and never went into the DVD distro idea he had with the initial Bar Fight.

Did they ever come out with a SB4 DVD? I'd like to see those Justin vs. Daigo matches (the ft10).

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Spiderjericho said:
Hmm, maybe Seb does it so people can visit his site or youtube page. I'm not quite sure what's the deal with the GYT, Gootecks, Cicada's. But to be honest, the Gootecks streams are usually of poor quality except for L.A. Riots 1 and 2. But at least he has the decency to upload them onto a torrent and never went into the DVD distro idea he had with the initial Bar Fight.

Did they ever come out with a SB4 DVD? I'd like to see those Justin vs. Daigo matches (the ft10).

I used to upload to YouTube a lot but man it is just so time consuming...and really...well..correct me if I am wrong... but I dont know if HD fighting game videos is something that a lot of people care about? I mean sure I always appreciate the quality but at the end of the day I usually watch it once and that's that.

Then again, I used to have the worst internet ever so uploading was probably more of a hassle for me than it is for others.

I like the ustream recordings cause you also get the player cam and all the dumb ass effects we throw up on there as well. We seriously should have recorded NCR cause none of us who worked on it even got to see the fruits of our labor. :lol

ps: did anyone here catch the FADC stream? What were the results?

watching filipinochamp play seth today made me want to stick with him

...and then i saw in two combos seth was dead :(

maybe i should just continue to level up my seth

Rotanibor

yeb said:
What really bothered me was my loss against the Honda and Akuma.

I missed the Honda loss, but that Akuma loss was some of the biggest bullshit I've ever seen. I kind of need to go back and check the video, because the way that air fireball hit you made absolutely no sense. :lol

AZ Greg

TaKeRx said:
GG's AZ Greg. Very nasty vega. Seriously I need to makes some plan in my head to try and take it down :p.

GGs.

I can't believe I kept getting hit by that Balrog cr. short into overhead. :'( I think I just sorta figured you'd finish the combo with a headbutt and I'd let my guard down only to eat more damage. As you can see I'm pretty much trash with the rest of the cast. Hit me up whenever you want some more matches.

TaKeRx

AZ Greg said:
GGs.

I can't believe I kept getting hit by that Balrog cr. short into overhead. :'( I think I just sorta figured you'd finish the combo with a headbutt and I'd let my guard down only to eat more damage. As you can see I'm pretty much trash with the rest of the cast. Hit me up whenever you want some more matches.
Yea man definitely. Ughh even when I'm laying mw2 I'm still thinking how I can take that vega down, lol.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
jesusv.gif

Let us never speak of my short stint on Haunts vs the World again. ever.

Cot damn.

BTW, sorry I didn't accept your invite timedog, I was being assaulted at the time.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Posting for new page...

---

Hello Fighting Game Community!

We are holding a special memorial raffle for Dasrik (R.I.P.). 100% of the proceeds from this donation raffle will go to his family.

To get involved, we are selling $5 raffle tickets (unlimited purchases allowed). So if you donate $25 you get 5 raffle tickets. Get it?

One lucky winner will receive a one of a kind Mad Catz Arcade FightStick Tournament Edition. This is not a custom TE stick! It is an official Mad Catz product and probably the rarest one ever produced.

IMG_5855.JPG

IMG_5853.JPG

NAMMMMMM said:
**K guys, i am live at the House of Cicada 3v3 tournament right now. Markman of madcatz fame has generously offered to donate a one of a kind rare PS3 TE. Pics coming. This stick will be given off via raffle one week from now. We will mail you the stick if you are chosen winner. Rules are simple. Donate $5 or more, and you will be entered into the raffle for the stick. If you have already donated $5 or more, you are automatically entered. Also, remember that you may donate just to donate if youd like, but now there is a stick up for grabs if you donate atleast $5****

To donate/get raffle tickets, please send donations to:

dynamo827@yahoo.com.

More details on donations here:

http://www.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=221118

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
my patented Balrog ultra jab cancel will be featured on the Iplaywinner late night stream whenever it gets uploaded!

haunts

Bacon of Hope
good games you guys, was a little quiet tonight but I also started hella late.

AZ Greg you're a scrub, pushing buttons right in my face will only get you SO FAR. j/k man good shit, I think I am figuring out the vega match up a little bit more -- I dont know why I have more problems with it than any other!!

ggs timedog, you're actually a lot of fun to play. you have good intuition, just need to get that FADC down 100%!

also you guys know where to find the recorded videos by now!

Top Bottom