• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Good games AZ Greg, FFFUUUUUUU your Elf!! :lol

Those were some good/fun matches. Gave me a chance to work on my Bison.

Edit: Hugo101's Bison/Dictator is serious biznass!!

XenoRaven said:
Yeah. I tried to work on some of the things you said. Playing Relix's Chun helped a lot too, as well as playing some of the other match-ups you picked like Sakura and Sagat. Don't worry about playing Dhalsim, I need to learn how to deal with him. I learned a lot fighting him too.

Also, whoever Jenova777 is (I forgot >_>), good games. I think I did a little better this time than I did when we played in the tournament.

ggs Xeno, ur chun has definitely improved :) I am not a fan of Chun mirrors though, they can be hellah random :lol

AZ Greg

black_vegeta said:
Good games AZ Greg, FFFUUUUUUU your Elf!! :lol

Those were some good/fun matches. Gave me a chance to work on my Bison.

Edit: Hugo101's Bison/Dictator is serious biznass!!

GGs. Always fun working on secondaries, especially in a 5 bar game.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Me and some of the winners of LA Riots II...

19863_253309543882_507353882_3350988_5985481_n.jpg

More photos here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/52744200@N00/sets/72157623226198952/

And here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/71845948@N00/sets/72157622824641251/

chriskun

goddamn, kai is so sick. I've been fucking around with elf lately, think im gonna make more of an effort with him. I don't think kai can do the RSF though. Anywayyyyyyyyyyzzzzzzz, what happened to Ed Ma, did he retire or something?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
haunts said:
These guys are beasts...almost 4 am and not GF yet.. lol
What the hell... are they still playing?

Thats bonkers.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
ok so its aobut 4am and GFs are about to start.. I stand corrected.. but damn this was a long tournament. I even took a nap and woke up and they had like 8 fights left in the losers bracket. :lol

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Hope Seth gets more stamina on SSFIV. Very fun character.

GGs Oldern. You have definitely improved since we last played. Are you playing with a stick now then?

Anyways, I was happy to land to Ex-Upper loops. :lol

I basically missed both stream. Not sure what's up with the West Coast and the late night gaming. I mean Valle probably a lil younger than me, and it was waaaaaaay past his bedtime. I doubt either of them kept an archive (like IPW or upload the vids to youtube like FADC).

So who won the team tournament? I know Valle won L.A. Riots II. I hope J.Wong can attend the next one.

Also check out the Alphaism radio interview with Chris Hu. His silky voice is awesome.

Drame, what is your psn name? I can get on for a few but I've got to go running around 9ish.

Drame

Spiderjericho said:
I basically missed both stream. Not sure what's up with the West Coast and the late night gaming. I mean Valle probably a lil younger than me, and it was waaaaaaay past his bedtime. I doubt either of them kept an archive (like IPW or upload the vids to youtube like FADC).

So who won the team tournament? I know Valle won L.A. Riots II. I hope J.Wong can attend the next one.

Also check out the Alphaism radio interview with Chris Hu. His silky voice is awesome.

Drame, what is your psn name? I can get on for a few but I've got to go running around 9ish.
Halba, even few games is enough. :)

Fersis said:
Hope Seth gets more stamina on SSFIV. Very fun character.

I take it you've never played against a good Seth player yourself? He has the best zoning in the game, an Ultra that will hit 100% of the time on most characters, a solid teleport, and a huge amount of other tricks up his sleeve. Seth doesn't need a buff.

V_Arnold

Rocky, awesome games.
Somehow, I still do not feel comfortable with my T6 stick, even if I have been forcing myself to practice ~30-60 mins every day, even If I do not really feel like it.

But still, if I focused hard enough, I took two rounds out of three "easily".
Lose that focus, and you crushed me, sometimes for perfect.

The reason I switched chars at the and was that I was looking for something that feels differen than Viper, for a change of pace.

Good games, and thanks for playing against me!

V_Arnold said:
Rocky, awesome games.
Somehow, I still do not feel comfortable with my T6 stick, even if I have been forcing myself to practice ~30-60 mins every day, even If I do not really feel like it.
Yes, it is hard at first. And very frustrating sometimes. I still can't play any other than charge characters with the stick :D

MIMIC

Banned
Spirit of Jazz said:
I take it you've never played against a good Seth player yourself? He has the best zoning in the game, an Ultra that will hit 100% of the time on most characters, a solid teleport, and a huge amount of other tricks up his sleeve. Seth doesn't need a buff.

Yeah. Seth is pretty amazing in the hands of a good player. I was playing one last night (with El Fuerte) and he perfected me at least 4 times. But I went like 4-12 so it's all good :)

The Seth-El Fuerte matchup is pretty horrible for Fuerte anyway

It sucks when Seth does that headstomp thing in the corner, which doesn't knock you down (which would allow you to recover slightly). Then you have to prepare for all kinds of cross-up shenanigans.

I also found it hilarious when I Ultra'd him when he had like 75% of his life still left. I was thinking, "Well, at least he'll be closer to dying." And then the announcer said "K.O." I couldn't stop laughing. :lol It was like I was Zangief for a split second.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
How were they set up in that House of Cicada 3v3? Did they just split the output signal from 1 PS3 or is there a LAN feature?

Drame

Good Games, Spiderjericho.

Too bad the lag got better of us.

Maybe I should switch back to wired connection. Although, my wireless connection has 100% signal strenght. Well, it can't hurt to try atleast, but first I'll need to buy a new cable.

GGs, Drame. Sorry for the lag. I didn't know you were in Finland. My Ken sucks. And I need to learn how to mash out Honda's 100 hands without letting it go on incessantly and leave me vulnerable to counterattack.

Drame

Spiderjericho said:
GGs, Drame. Sorry for the lag. I didn't know you were in Finland. My Ken sucks. And I need to learn how to mash out Honda's 100 hands without letting it go on incessantly and leave me vulnerable to counterattack.
It's ok! :D

I'm still learning Sakura, so every match I can get into is only for the better. :)

Nose Master

My friend yesterday, grabbed a bison out of ultra midway through the animation. He jumped back perfectly to soar over the two scissor kicks, landed right as he starts the crusher and grabbed him out of it. I don't know what to believe anymore.

"My friend yesterday, grabbed a bison out of ultra midway through the animation. He jumped back perfectly to soar over the two scissor kicks, landed right as he starts the crusher and grabbed him out of it. I don't know what to believe anymore."

Bison can get grabbed out of a ton of shit. Makes no sense.

Top Bottom