• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
haunts said:
good games you guys, was a little quiet tonight but I also started hella late.

AZ Greg you're a scrub, pushing buttons right in my face will only get you SO FAR. j/k man good shit, I think I am figuring out the vega match up a little bit more -- I dont know why I have more problems with it than any other!!

ggs timedog, you're actually a lot of fun to play. you have good intuition, just need to get that FADC down 100%!

also you guys know where to find the recorded videos by now!

Thanks man, yeah it was really fun!

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Spiderjericho said:
Thank God for IPlaywinner archiving their streams (they're like the only ones who do it).

I don't know what you're watching, but almost all of the SoCal streams I watch are automatically archived. LA Riots, the Cicada fights, Wednesday night ban-matches with Alex Valle, etc. I love how the LA Riots I & II tourneys are archived in real-time. While the tourney was still happening, I could go back to a nice fight 5 minutes ago and re-watch it.

profit

haunts said:
good games you guys, was a little quiet tonight but I also started hella late.

AZ Greg you're a scrub, pushing buttons right in my face will only get you SO FAR. j/k man good shit, I think I am figuring out the vega match up a little bit more -- I dont know why I have more problems with it than any other!!

ggs timedog, you're actually a lot of fun to play. you have good intuition, just need to get that FADC down 100%!

also you guys know where to find the recorded videos by now!
Good games Haunts, I know I had an orange bar connection but was it really laggy at your side? It was pretty good at mine.

So we have our own little pad prodigy in Dallas. xSoSickNashFanx on SRK. Kid's in highschool and plays "Mimic" style, aka w/ a 360 pad. He's pretty good and has ridiculous reflexes.

I played him twice at a local ranbat last week. I beat him in winners, then in winners finals I got owned by Roger Ho. Hella mind fucked still, then I play sosicknashfan in losers finals and get owned.

Our match in winners

The first match (me ryu vs. him chun) wasn't recorded, but I won. I had a couple chances to beat his Rose with Ryu but I kept getting Valle'd. LOL at how fast I switch to Sagat.

Our match in Losers Finals

I get owned, nothing else to be said haha.

qcf x2

FindMyFarms said:
The first match (me ryu vs. him chun) wasn't recorded, but I won. I had a couple chances to beat his Rose with Ryu but I kept getting Valle'd. LOL at how fast I switch to Sagat.

That Ryu Chun match makes me wonder how people complain about turtling. She (and several other characters) pretty much has to turtle and wait for a random srk, especially near the corner. In your case you were playing really hesitant with two offensive juggernauts so it made Chun Li's job easier, but still.

qcf x2 said:
That Ryu Chun match makes me wonder how people complain about turtling. She (and several other characters) pretty much has to turtle and wait for a random srk, especially near the corner. In your case you were playing really hesitant with two offensive juggernauts so it made Chun Li's job easier, but still.

Yeah, I consider Chun to be turtle character as well. Whenever she gets an opportunity for damage though she needs to go at it full force before it slips out.

In our losers match though, my ground game, zoning, and anti-airing were all off-point so he was able to run rampant on my ass haha.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
what's up with listening to linkin park while playing sf, farms? Is it to go with your 'fuck this Imma pick sagat' image?

FindMyFarms said:
I had a couple chances to beat his Rose with Ryu but I kept getting Valle'd. LOL at how fast I switch to Sagat.

Yeah I was about to bring that up. Two missed Ultras by Ryu and not doing F+HK into Ultra after a TU trade with Sagat made me think I was watching myself play instead of you :lol

Brobzoid said:
what's up with listening to linkin park while playing sf, farms? Is it to go with your 'fuck this Imma pick sagat' image?

The guy that hosts the RanBat is actually a professional musician, so he just has this large music collection that he plays while the top 8 is going on. I guess Linkin Park was just on the list haha.

Everyone brought that up though, and I think he's just gonna do in-game music next time.

Rice-Eater said:
Yeah I was about to bring that up. Two missed Ultras by Ryu and not doing F+HK into Ultra after a TU trade with Sagat made me think I was watching myself play instead of you :lol

Yeah, on top 8 I was playing with sticks he provided since it was on 360. I know some people like em, but VSHG's aren't my cup of tea so my execution was a tad bit off.

Oh yeah, here's the Grand Finals from the ranbat :

Roger Ho (Bl) vs. nashfan (Ch)

Roger's Blanka is GOOD and owned me in winners finals. But yeah, really good match.

MoxManiac

I'm having withdrawals already. And I haven't even received my box to send my broken PS3 back yet :((((

EDIT: Ohh nice farms, fighting to Wherever I May Roam :O

FindMyFarms said:
So we have our own little pad prodigy in Dallas. xSoSickNashFanx on SRK. Kid's in highschool and plays "Mimic" style, aka w/ a 360 pad. He's pretty good and has ridiculous reflexes.

I played him twice at a local ranbat last week. I beat him in winners, then in winners finals I got owned by Roger Ho. Hella mind fucked still, then I play sosicknashfan in losers finals and get owned.

Our match in winners

Our match in Losers Finals

I get owned, nothing else to be said haha.

that guy is goood! He looked really hard to pin down. Good stuff.

Killa Sasa said:
Let us never speak of my short stint on Haunts vs the World again. ever.

Cot damn.

BTW, sorry I didn't accept your invite timedog, I was being assaulted at the time.

Ouch son, double perfect!

Nice adapting afterwards...

The Timedog vs. Haunts stream. :lol Time you were doing pretty good. I think you had it a little too late Haunts. I was asleep or studying at the time. I would've liked to play.

Find, time to get a dual mod from Akuma001 so you don't have to worry about using other people's sticks. That Blanka was pretty good. So was the Chun-Li. Thank God, J.Wong doesn't use her. She has some of the best pokes in the game. It's a good thing they didn't make her fireball a quarter or half-circle motion.

black_vegeta said:
Ouch son, double perfect!

Nice adapting afterwards...

I don't know wtf happened in the first two matches... it was just a lot of seeing Cammy getting her ass knocked down :lol

I need some better fireballers/TKer's in my scene because the Sagat's I've played the most are all "rush that shit down", or they don't know how to do either of those things. It also didn't help that Haunts is friggin beastly.

Seriously dude we gotta get a runback on that, I got worked pretty hard :lol I'll be back for another beating

BotoxAgent said:
I can't believe I missed another haunts vs the world :-(

I've been playing/practicing like mad this weekend, I'm feelin pretty good

Well, he did have it crackfiend type hours...most regular sober folks are sleeping by then.

Threi said:
haunts needs to look out for people on the east coast...streams at 2-3AM in the morning? Fuck that :lol
yeah, didn't one of them end at like 7 AM EST?
I prefer the quality and production values of the WC streams a lot more than EC stuff but the times are killer!

A few months ago, I would've said FADC>>> but IPW has cemented itself as the best as of late (NorCal Regionals, Haunts vs. the World, Shadowbrook, Keystone II). And no one can really complain about the commentary as Magus has been doing a great job of late, along with his sidekick, White Chocolate (because he likes saying the N word...gah).

The local players are obviously the priority but it would be nice if they held things at reasonable times or were more punctual. But the second Haunts vs. the World (when Richard Li was there) was held at a good time. But for us early risers, we can't stay up for those late ones.

House of Cicada started at like 10 p.m. California time. That's crazy. But I guess that's part of the scene.

And I didn't realize that was Killa Sasa playing Haunts. It would be nice if we can get a Haunts vs. the World with the PSN crew (Galactic, Prototype, Find, Mox, etc).

Spiderjericho said:
Find, time to get a dual mod from Akuma001 so you don't have to worry about using other people's sticks.

Funny you say that, the VSHG's were actually Akuma001 mods.

Soneet said:
I don't play Chun Li but I thought she could have wall-jumped that last Ultra?

Yeah she could have.

FindMyFarms said:
Funny you say that, the VSHG's were actually Akuma001 mods.

Yeah, but you obviously didn't like using them so dual-mod your own stick. He can do SEs (though it'll be a tight fit).

Anyone want to play right now? I have a few minutes before I stick my head in the books. I can do Live or PSN. I finally renewed my Live subscription.

Spiderjericho said:
Yeah, but you obviously didn't like using them so dual-mod your own stick. He can do SEs (though it'll be a tight fit).

Anyone want to play right now? I have a few minutes before I stick my head in the books.

Actually bought a TE cuz my SE was dieing out on me :/ It's so ghetto, whenever it craps out I just smack it on the floor a few times then it starts working again for 30 min. I'll prob. have a local guy dual mod mine sometime soon.

Also, this party was pretty hype in the tourney.

Didn't know chun could do that!

FindMyFarms said:
Actually bought a TE cuz my SE was dieing out on me :/ It's so ghetto, whenever it craps out I just smack it on the floor a few times then it starts working again for 30 min. I'll prob. have a local guy dual mod mine sometime soon.

Also, this party was pretty hype in the tourney.

Didn't know chun could do that!

Ha, ha. Yeah, OG TEs are pretty cheap now a days. And that's is pretty ghetto. You might as well had blown into it.

That combo made sense. Messed up. She seems to be the fad along with Sagat (cough, Adnan, you essss). Are you home?

Spiderjericho said:
Ha, ha. Yeah, OG TEs are pretty cheap now a days. And that's is pretty ghetto. You might as well had blown into it.

That combo made sense. Messed up. She seems to be the fad along with Sagat (cough, Adnan, you essss). Are you home?

Yup I'm home, I can play a few. Gotta do knee rehab in a bit tho.

yeah, is chun getting more popular now, I did notice a rise in Chun mirrors online as of late.

Chun players, any tips on fighting Akuma? His vortex set ups just rapes me in corner. :-(

With Chun being able to Ultra off just about anything in SSF4(unless that is changed), I wouldn't be surprised to see some top players changing there main to Chun. Nuki has to be pretty happy about this as well. With Nemo out of the way, he's without a doubt the top Chun player in SF4 and he will only be more dangerous with SSF4 Chun in his hands.

I love the way nuki plays chun, he's so clean and precise. But Haneyama is also another Japanese player with a really scary Chun. It would be awesome if J.Wong starts using Chun more once SSFIV rolls out :D

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
BotoxAgent said:
yeah, is chun getting more popular now, I did notice a rise in Chun mirrors online as of late.

Chun players, any tips on fighting Akuma? His vortex set ups just rapes me in corner. :-(

CHUN PLAYERS UNITE!

Yeah I've noticed this as well. Have fought a few mirrors lately. Totally despise and loathe them but what can you do :lol

Akuma is tough for Chun when you are down. The dive kick beats EX SBK and will leave you in hitstun enough for you to get grabbed. I've discovered that you can in fact EX SBK a dive kick and be successful, but the timing is still foreign to me. I've done it. Also, backdashing can minimize some of the incoming damage. I've been lucky to be able to also FA the kick and run awya scared. =P.

It's very tough for her, I would say 6-4.

Hitokage said:
Oh right, it just occurred to me that UC2 will be much easier to juggle after tenshoukyaku. No meter required!

After a whiffed SRK :D

seriously, fuck this matchup. I feel like I have no control over this matchup, even when I'm winning. When I try EX SBK, his dive kick almost always beats it clean, or they fish for it and I eat a Demon like a dumb ass. I've been experiment, FADCing his air fireball on wake up-> dash back EX SBK, if he tries to do the vortex-->throw. But far from full proof and only when the fireball isn't so early.

TurtleSnatcher said:
Gimme back my controller jerk.

How about you don't forget it you bad person.

And isn't Akuma Chun's worst matchup? Seem like he can divekick/vortex her all day and she can't do anything about it.

GG's spider, sorry for the cammy cheez

GGs, Find. Ugh. I don't really play Cammy, so I wasn't quite prepared. I appreciate it. The one thing I like about playing you is you're always experimenting. But it was a complete route. I was just glad you never pee'd on me.

I think I'm going to try my hand at a new character. Dan is not a good alt. I like the Purple Army, The People's Elbow, the bitch slap and crew cut. I'm going to go play player matches on Live. Anyone wants to play, hit up krp1976.

FindMyFarms said:
And isn't Akuma Chun's worst matchup? Seem like he can divekick/vortex her all day and she can't do anything about it.

2daln3n.gif

Top Bottom