• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Brobzoid said:
Play Dan and you'll never be called a trend humper.

No. You end up losing. Dan is who I've mainly been using. He sucks. Any character is better than Dan.

And Abel seems to still have some popularity (Ramin, Combofiend, Rico, etc). Dictator...looks around. I like Dictator though.

And J.Wong vs. Sanford. Wong didn't seem as well versed in Chun (judging from the other players and vids I've seen). He seemed a bit over aggressive.

AZ Greg

haunts said:
good games you guys, was a little quiet tonight but I also started hella late.

AZ Greg you're a scrub, pushing buttons right in my face will only get you SO FAR. j/k man good shit, I think I am figuring out the vega match up a little bit more -- I dont know why I have more problems with it than any other!!

ggs timedog, you're actually a lot of fun to play. you have good intuition, just need to get that FADC down 100%!

also you guys know where to find the recorded videos by now!

GGs. :lol

SF4 and all these recent late night streams are turning me nocturnal. Just woke up about 30 minutes ago. :(

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Spiderjericho said:
And J.Wong vs. Sanford. Wong didn't seem as well versed in Chun (judging from the other players and vids I've seen). He seemed a bit over aggressive.
One round he misses two opportunities to win.

_dementia said:
Andre, Hugo101, Jeron, etc?

And what's funny is I don't think those players even fully know Bison. They still complain about his faults, and don't truly understand his offense.

Once Jop stopped playing, America lost it's only true Bison player :(

FindMyFarms said:
And what's funny is I don't think those players even fully know Bison. They still complain about his faults, and don't truly understand his offense.

Once Jop stopped playing, America lost it's only true Bison player :(
:lol

I watched Hugo101 played the other night.. He played almost identical to Jop. he had a sick Bison. He did the whole stomp scam into cr. short into scissors a ton.. caught so many people off guard.

Nose Master

Spiderjericho said:
No. You end up losing. Dan is who I've mainly been using. He sucks. Any character is better than Dan.

And Abel seems to still have some popularity (Ramin, Combofiend, Rico, etc). Dictator...looks around. I like Dictator though.

True, but it is damn satisfying when you win with Dan. Especially against generic Ryu's :lol

Nose Master said:
True, but it is damn satisfying when you win with Dan. Especially against generic Ryu's :lol

Not really. I spent a lot of time playing Dan in player's matches, G3 on PC and training mode. And it was just such an uphill battle. The only thing you can rely on is the other person's lack of knowledge in the matchup (which will get better as you play them) or your skill level (which isn't going to do you much if they're at the same level and using a good character). Granted, it is fun to win with him, but if you watch that Japanese Dan, it's not going to be very much.

I could've spent my time upgrading my Honda skills or messing around with another decent character.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Maybe I can see if these bootsy off bran component cables will work on PS3...

I didnt expect to stream so damn late last night but Jared wanted some games and I was like well if I am gonna play might as well set it up..

Anyway, should have everything good to go in a little bit here if you guys are down..

haunts said:

I didnt expect to stream so damn late last night but Jared wanted some games and I was like well if I am gonna play might as well set it up..

Anyway, should have everything good to go in a little bit here if you guys are down..

Damn, work and school on MLK day FTL :\

At least I can catch the stream on IPhone.

haunts said:

Yes. I'll play. I'll get my butt kicked but it'll be fun. Are the cables for the capture unit?

Krackatoa

Spiderjericho said:
Not really. I spent a lot of time playing Dan in player's matches, G3 on PC and training mode. And it was just such an uphill battle. The only thing you can rely on is the other person's lack of knowledge in the matchup (which will get better as you play them) or your skill level (which isn't going to do you much if they're at the same level and using a good character). Granted, it is fun to win with him, but if you watch that Japanese Dan, it's not going to be very much.

I could've spent my time upgrading my Honda skills or messing around with another decent character.

Yeah. You've got a seriously tough time in any of his 7-3s (See: All of S-tier, A-tier and most of B-tier). People complain about their mains having a couple 7-3s like it's the end of the world when they really don't know how bad it could be. Gief versus Seth being the only exception.

We've seen beastly Dan play with Sanford and a few Youtube stars, and that can put the fear into a lot of the community. But he's really not as great as some people make him out to be though. Most people touting him as better than Vega (or whatever this week's D-tier character is) don't main Dan.

With a terrible footsie game, his game is entirely mixup dependant in a lot of matchups. "High-risk, Low-reward" is the name of the game. You're either playing a losing footsie game, or playing a dangerous mixup game if the opponent knows the matchup. If they don't know the matchup, then you've got a better chance.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Spiderjericho said:
Yes. I'll play. I'll get my butt kicked but it'll be fun. Are the cables for the capture unit?

Nah its like for the PS3 itself.. like it will come loose and so the screen will just be a tint of red... maybe I can jimmy rig it on there until I can find my real component cables..

Krackatoa said:
We've seen beastly Dan play with Sanford and a few Youtube stars, and that can put the fear into a lot of the community. But he's really not as great as some people make him out to be though. Most people touting him as better than Vega (or whatever this week's D-tier character is) don't main Dan.

With a terrible footsie game, his game is entirely mixup dependant in a lot of matchups. "High-risk, Low-reward" is the name of the game. You're either playing a losing footsie game, or playing a dangerous mixup game if the opponent knows the matchup. If they don't know the matchup, then you've got a better chance.

But Sanford id probably one of the top five players in the country, so against lesser skilled players, especially those who don't know the matchup, he's going to win. But against J.Wong with Fei Long or Rufus, no chance.

He has no overhead. He doesn't have a far away move like fireball, Rose slide or scarf, Chun fireball, scissor kick, dive kick, etc.

His strength is mixups (but again no overhead). Using his block string of strong, short dankyu. Low forward. AA is Koryuken or jumping attack, his low fierce is trash. His super is aiight if punish. His ultra is good off meaty jumpin, opponent sticking an attack in, off FA or whiff. His FADC is yucky (jumping strong, EX Koryu or roundhouse Dankyu).

But a terrible character, which I'm going to use on Haunt's stream if he gets it up.

Spiderjericho said:
But Sanford id probably one of the top five players in the country, so against lesser skilled players, especially those who don't know the matchup, he's going to win. But against J.Wong with Fei Long or Rufus, no chance.

Didn't he perfect Yeb at Bar Fights II with Dan?

Bob Loblaw said:

I love Yeb but Sanford was probably better than three or four of those SoCal players, and they probably weren't familiar with the matchup.

Hey Grifter, would you mind beating on me for a lil while?

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Spiderjericho said:

Well HDMI has HDCP so generally speaking if you want to do any recording and/or streaming you have to use component cables anyway.. Thats my understanding of it.

Beyond that most units that can even capture from HDMI to begin with are fairly expensive.

Kind of related, I would love to upgrade my rig to do nice 16:9 HD streams but I'd need a new computer and more gear and I jsut dont have the money right now. X(

Hopefully you guys dont mind the 4:3 streams. :p

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Welp, got my PS3 component cables to work by some stroke of luck so if you PSN heads want to roll let me know..stream is up right now actually but im not playing yet..

I took my Saikyo Ministry into Arizona. But the Philistine, Greg would not accept the word that was given to by most hi (Go Hibiki).

GGs. I thought it was close except for the ELF (which I haven't played against in a long time) and Claw (which you are godly at).

OOOOOOOH. I'm going to participate in PSN madness. The Saikyo Ministry will go and cleanse the streets of San Francisco.

Find, sign onto PSN. Haunts is got his stream going. I know it's like the middle of the day but let's get some folks to join in, since Haunts took the time to dig out his component cables and hook up his PS3.

Spiderjericho said:
Find, sign onto PSN. Haunts is got his stream going. I know it's like the middle of the day but let's get some folks to join in, since Haunts took the time to dig out his component cables and hook up his PS3.

My roommate just hopped on hulu to watch the Shield T_T

Rep for the south spyda!

jabipun

Does anyone know where I can download LA riots 1 (part 2).

LA riots 1 (part 1) is up at gootecks.com - but I don't think part 2 is up yet.

PS: I'm not talking about LA riots 2 (i realize that event just happened)

jabipun said:
Does anyone know where I can download LA riots 1 (part 2).

LA riots 1 (part 1) is up at gootecks.com - but I don't think part 2 is up yet.

PS: I'm not talking about LA riots 2 (i realize that event just happened)

He never uploaded online. I was thinking that myself. Hopefully, he'll do it soon or send a message to him on his site.

jabipun

Dammit, okay - does anyone know an archived (recent) event that I can watch. I can youtube some stuff but I don't if the matches are worth watching.

basically i just want to kill some time while eating dinner.

Krackatoa

Bob Loblaw said:

Gen is one of Dan's better matchups. The tools Dan does have work to their maximum potential, with Gen having no good way to avoid pressure or dealing with a smart use of Koryuken. If you've got a Gen downloaded, it's not so hard to keep them on the ropes.

wow, I rape this guy's dhalsim and vega (thanks for the practice AZ), and he messages me and accuses me of cheating and using teh turboz :lol his GT is SkinnyPuppy

jabipun said:
Dammit, okay - does anyone know an archived (recent) event that I can watch. I can youtube some stuff but I don't if the matches are worth watching.

basically i just want to kill some time while eating dinner.

Ustream = IPlaywinner. Go there. You can watch Haunts vs. the World. Or you can watch the archived Stonebrook or Keystone II. Or try FADC for archived matches. That's really it. SFdb or Lord Aborgine on Youtube are good channels.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Kadey said:
-=makes funny face=-
*hugs*

<3

everyone.

this person is my favorite person in this thread.

after haunts.... and oichi.....

and that one guy who said he'd marry me.

I think that's it.

Ploid 3.0

Timedog said:
Check out 2:11:00 for some Saikyo!

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/4064591

2nm3i9j.jpg

What is this from? SF4 concepts?

GGs to Haunts. Boxer raped my Dan. But it wasn't a freebie. I just have difficulty with that jab of death. :lol

And AZ Greg, I know you're just learning Dhalsim but you were pretty good with him.

haunts said:
Welp, got my PS3 component cables to work by some stroke of luck so if you PSN heads want to roll let me know..stream is up right now actually but im not playing yet..

I want in, but my PS3 connection is essss :-(

Threi

notag
MarkMan said:
*hugs*

<3

everyone.

this person is my favorite person in this thread.

after haunts.... and oichi.....

and that one guy who said he'd marry me.

I think that's it.
I would trade my modded CPSF stick for one of the millions of TE sticks you have gathering dust in your garage you know :(

Top Bottom