• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Rufus

Yeah, just fine. They show up as regular USB-HID controllers, compatible with pretty much any PC/Mac that has a USB port.

fresquito

Thanks. Ordering just now. I couldn't play with the 360 controller any longer. For adventure and action games, it's God sent, but for fighting and 2D things it's got to be one of the worst pads I've ever tried.

Timedog said:
sorry spider, i was in a long ass set with AZ greg.

Yeah, I was trying to play you to knock the rust off of my Ryu. Besides yesterday, I haven't played in probably a month (it showed when Haunts assaulted me).

Find, yo, real talk, you have the patience of the gods. You're also good at chucking plasma. You had him, but there were a few execution issues that prevented you from closing. Yo, the stream was hyped and cheering you on (except for Timedog). Just please don't use Viper, Cammy, etc. Use your mains (Roo or Boxer).

And I'm surprised Capcom just didn't just pick the best PC Mod costume and use it as their third. They're so much better. Evil Ryu mod, DMC Ken, a few of the Chuns, etc came out good.

prodystopian said:
Effing life getting in my way. I started on Tekken and realized how much I suck at it and how much work it is going to be to get that game down as well. You play Hwo right?

Nah, I play Baek. Tekken isn't too hard once you get the hang of things. Hit me up online if you wanna run a few!

Spiderjericho said:
Find, yo, real talk, you have the patience of the gods. You're also good at chucking plasma. You had him, but there were a few execution issues that prevented you from closing. Yo, the stream was hyped and cheering you on (except for Timedog). Just please don't use Viper, Cammy, etc. Use your mains (Roo or Boxer).

Yo dawg, you don't know about that srk fadc jump fierce reset!

Haunts, wanna do the runback next Monday?

XenoRaven

Spiderjericho said:
And I'm surprised Capcom just didn't just pick the best PC Mod costume and use it as their third. They're so much better. Evil Ryu mod, DMC Ken, a few of the Chuns, etc came out good.
Maybe they just have terrible costumes so that they can sell slightly less terrible costumes as DLC later. I would buy it!

FindMyFarms said:
Yo dawg, you don't know about that srk fadc jump fierce reset!

Haunts, wanna do the runback next Monday?

Ha, this ninja was trying to air throw, Haunts. If you got the time this weekend, I'ma need a Ryu mirror, so I can knock the dust off. I spent too much time not playing or using Dan.

edit: And no to the costumes. They were charging too much money for the last round of costumes. OG SFIV cost $80 with costumes. Yeah, it's optional. They should make it like Forza and allow you to import costumes. Course that would mean they need a create a costume mode.

Spiderjericho said:
Ha, this ninja was trying to air throw, Haunts. If you got the time this weekend, I'ma need a Ryu mirror, so I can knock the dust off. I spent too much time not playing or using Dan.

Ya no prob. I might bust out some Akuma though. I noticed if I got my ghetto ass ryu hurricane kick vortex goin on Haunts I'd take the round hella fast. That or I'd just land in front of him and get owned haha. So let's see what I can do with Akuma for a match or two.

riskVSreward said:
What system are you on? I could use some Baek lessons.

I'm on PS3 (psn same as tag) but I am definitely not the person to go to for lessons haha. Grayfoxpl knows a lot about the game though.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
I think I'm gonna finally try to figure out what all of chun's moves are. I"ll be on for a minute if anyone wants to send an invite.

profit

Good games Timedog!
Today I really found out the hard way that 1) my execution on a stick is just plain sucks 2) In the end I'm just a damn flowcharter....

Got really beat, but thats how we learn I guess

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
GG's Profit.

We're all just flowcharters on this great orb spinning on a flowchart around the sun.

Whoever flowcharts harder wins is my motto.

profit said:
Why only newbies? :lol
Because most of the non newbies already have me added..

Not sure if you realized but GAF just approved a ton of new junior members this afternoon.. this is why I posted that.

Yea.. Thanks for playing.

profit

TurtleSnatcher said:
Because most of the non newbies already have me added..

Not sure if you realized but GAF just approved a ton of new junior members this afternoon.. this is why I posted that.

Yea.. Thanks for playing.
Did not notice that, my bad.

Wallach

_dementia said:

Legendary_Wings_NES_ScreenShot3.gif

2nafish

Banned
I need to get my red ringed 360 fixed. Noobie Junior here... I've lurked this thread since it was started :lol

psn = johnnypao

i'm always up for matches from 7pm - 12am pst. Hit me up! So very glad I can finally post in these damn threads now.

I've actually started to play some SF4 again... Add me on PSN (Prototype-03) and I'll invite you guys to the GAF chat. Just mention you're from GAF.

fake edit: Don't play with FMF. He'll say "I'LL PLAY WITH YOU" and never reply back.

Prototype-03 said:
I've actually started to play some SF4 again... Add me on PSN (Prototype-03) and I'll invite you guys to the GAF chat. Just mention you're from GAF.

fake edit: Don't play with FMF. He'll say "I'LL PLAY WITH YOU" and never reply back.
Thats cause Adnan is a Dodgenan

So after some frustration with El Fuerte's 4th hard trial, I get extremely fed up and do it without looking at the screen, and did it on my first try. The same happened when I did his fifth hard trial. =/
I think I should play Street Fighter blindfolded from now on.

Three more trials to go (Gen #5 and Ken #4/5), and hopefully my 360 controller will bear with me 'til then. ^_^

2nafish

Banned
I just wanted to express my anger with Hard Trial #5 for both Abel & Rufus.

These damn F+MK into dash, linked into St.HP are ridiculous. And the stupid link for Rufus from S.LP to Cr.MK is maddening.

*throws stick out of the window*

2nafish said:
I just wanted to express my anger with Hard Trial #5 for both Abel & Rufus.

These damn F+MK into dash, linked into St.HP are ridiculous. And the stupid link for Rufus from S.LP to Cr.MK is maddening.

*throws stick out of the window*
Abel's fifth trial shouldn't be too difficult, since you had to do the same link in the second trial. If you still just can't do it, I believe plinking may be to your liking.
And with Rufus, I found the link from S.LP to Cr.MK to be weird as you have to be from a certain distance for it to link properly. This what I did for the trial.
Jump in FP ->(forward)MP -> (backwards) LP ->Cr.MK -> EX Galactic Tornado.
And of course, since I was holding back, I was able to do the Cr.MK ->EX Galactic Tornado from one smooth 180 degree rotation.

Hi guys, I'm one of the countless juniors to get approved today. I'd say this was my first post, but I went and blew my post virginity on the way to this thread. Opportunity lost forever. :'(

Anyway, Gamertag's Axelhortsemchi, I'll go ahead and send friend requests to the people who put their names up.

2nafish

Banned
dragonballjoseph said:
Abel's fifth trial shouldn't be too difficult, since you had to do the same link in the second trial. If you still just can't do it, I believe plinking may be to your liking.
And with Rufus, I found the link from S.LP to Cr.MK to be weird as you have to be from a certain distance for it to link properly. This what I did for the trial.
Jump in FP ->(forward)MP -> (backwards) LP ->Cr.MK -> EX Galactic Tornado.
And of course, since I was holding back, I was able to do the Cr.MK ->EX Galactic Tornado from one smooth 180 degree rotation.

Yeah. Abel Hard Trial 2 was annoying, as well.

I'll give 'em both another try (read: countless tries) using your tips. I WILL have my Rufus Icon yet!

AGorm

Neo Member
Does anyone have tips on how to do Vega's Ultra or Super? I don't even know where to start. I'm playing on XBox 360.

"Does anyone have tips on how to do Vega's Ultra or Super? I don't even know where to start. I'm playing on XBox 360."

Don't.

In all seriousness, don't. No really.

Okay, I will say that the motion makes more sense with a square gate stick than on a d-pad. You basically charge down-back, go to down-forward, back to down-back, then up. On a square gate stick it's really simple, on a dpad or octogate it's a bit WTF.

Teknopathetic said:
"Does anyone have tips on how to do Vega's Ultra or Super? I don't even know where to start. I'm playing on XBox 360."

Don't.

In all seriousness, don't. No really.

Okay, I will say that the motion makes more sense with a square gate stick than on a d-pad. You basically charge down-back, go to down-forward, back to down-back, then up. On a square gate stick it's really simple, on a dpad or octogate it's a bit WTF.

Pretty much this.

Vega's ultra is only viable when a person is spamming fireballs.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
AZ Greg said:
One junior member dead already. :(

Anyway, I'll be on XBL in about 30 minutes if anyone wants some matches.

Might hit you up for a FT10 to test out some different things I did with my ghetto recording setup.

cHaotix8

I've had the game since release date but just started playing online last week. Would anyone mind explaining the online ranking system or have a link that does? I tried searching for it but couldn't find any useful information with my given parameters. Really just wondering how much longer I have to fight flowchart Ken's until I'm fighting decent leveled players on a semi-regular basis.

Top Bottom