• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

I always feel uncomfortable when that guy appears on a stream and begins speaking. Great players, just odd person.

And Alex Valle is on another level. I'd like to see him run back his NorCal vs. Ricky Ortiz.

And bold statement, Shizza best Chun. I'm out.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Good stuff, Yeb. Kinda makes me want to start working on my Gen again.

LeMaximilian said:
Now that I think about it...if you had a programmable controller, you could actually 'parry' a full Ryu Ultra doing this, right? All it really requires is the input commands to be inputted at super human speeds...

This is actually what I want in SSF4, hopefully this is similar to the Tandan Saving system. IE, tap Focus Attack to get this parry like mechanic, while you'd need to hold it down to execute a focus.

You can do this to Balrog's ultra/probably some other stuff using Viper's ex seismo feint. Requires unreal timing and execution though.

Maj, you should mess around with ex seismo feints with your tool-assisted stuff. I'd love to see what's possible.

stabicron7 said:
Good games killa, I still can't manage to do half of what I want to do on the stick after 6 months lol.

Lol good games, stick can be a bitch but stick at it (this is not a pun. srsly). I still screw shit up on mine, I've had it since April and certain inputs are just a pain in the ass still. But I can't go back to pad so...yeah.

I hate Cammy mirrors but I gotta learn em some time, it'll help me with my fear of wakeup DP/reversal (both throwing out my own and avoiding opponents') I think :lol It'll probably also help with my Rufus problems since I can't find one really :(

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Sorry, not sure what your GAF handle is, but GG to Alc420 on 360! Lots of Chun-Li mirror matches going on...fun and always good practice! :D

One thing I did notice about your game is that you never seemed to do to EX lightning legs in a row. More damage man, do it!

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
anyone up for some xbl-games?

I play a whole slew of characters but atm I'm trying to get better with Akuma/Bison/Blanka/Balrog/Ryu/Gouken so those are the ones I play more than others.

I'm not THAT good but I can throw a punch or two =)

anybody wanna have at it?

gamertag : corcy100

<3

hit me up fool

Joekage

GG's to Finds, the most demoralizing thing in the world is to be hit by two FADC cannon strikes and then getting hit by the ultra on top of that haha. It's always a pleasure playing you though, you're like the Gouken to my Ryu. But yeah, good shit bro. Goonz this Friday, gooooooooo...

Joekage said:
GG's to Finds, the most demoralizing thing in the world is to be hit by two FADC cannon strikes and then getting hit by the ultra on top of that haha. It's always a pleasure playing you though, you're like the Gouken to my Ryu. But yeah, good shit bro. Goonz this Friday, gooooooooo...

Hah, yeah, Cammy can do some damage fassttt.

GG's man, catch you at goonz!

AZ Greg

Just ran into a Honda/Blanka player (Seems to be a popular combination). He spammed the typical headbutt/horizontal ball, butt splash/vertical/rainbow ball, and some occasional random hands/lighting. So I pick my scrubby Dhalsim and just completely keep him out/shut him down. Then I get a message from him reluctantly saying GG and calling my strategy of picking Dhalsim cheap and desperate. :lol

Good times. I just wanted to work on some Sak combos. :(

haunts

Bacon of Hope
So I have good news and bad news..

Ill start with the bad news..

Haunts vs the World didnt happen tonight. X(

Good news is...

It was because I was out buying component cables and stuff for my PS3! So from now on I should be able to accept invites from PSN and XBOX each night.. I am thinking an hour and a half of each or so..

Oh yeah I bought a Wii too but this isn't the thread for that. :p

Corky

Rocky_Balboa said:
I can play soon. I just have to eat and take a shower so maybe 30 minutes?

sure :D

edit: although rokitty, I do remember it beeing quite laggy between us the last time we played, you mained rog right? Maybe the connection is better this time, heres hoping

haunts

Bacon of Hope
next haunts vs the world will be tomorrow evening. I have a lot of work to do on our tatsunoko vs capcom guides for iplaywinner so we'll see how that goes and I'll get started on the stream when I'm done.

GGs Corcy!

I wasn't laggy this time, at least not for me.

Your Blanka has improved a lot as far as I remember. Some pretty tricky stuff there.

Corky

damn rokitty gg, I got raped :( I still have soo many stupid things I do agasinst good rogs like random balls(balls in general)/random ultras/fucking stupidass jumpins...

but the connection was surprisingly good, I thought you were from the states, first time in a while I had a green bar.

We gotta play again I really need to learn how to play against a good balrog,

ps. If you're wondering why my blanka was doing randomass jumps its because of my soon to be dead 360 controller :(

Drame

Went to my friends place yesterday to play SFIV with his friends.

As there were 8 of us, we decided to have a little tourney. There isn't anything more manly than 8 guys with 8 sticks in one small student apartment.

Me being the only one who was playing as Sakura, I knew I had to show something. My first 2 games went absolutely fantastic. Played against Ken and Chun-Li players.
I had most trouble with this Chun-Li. We even managed to get a double k.o in the first round, which made the match even more exciting.
Then I got to play against this Rufus player who dropped me to the losers bracket pretty much instantly. I won my first match in losers against Cammy, but then I got to play against the same Chun-Li I had played with before, this time I got my ass whooped.

The winner of our little tourney was Rufus player.

Got 5th place, so I'm satisfied, but the 40€ price money for 1st place would have been nice. Oh well!

Nothing too special, as this was just some casual fun, but I absolutely loved to play IV with a "crowd" cheering and trash talking behind your back. :D

Too bad there aren't any arcades around here. I'd love to see the arcade scene of SFIV.

TomServo

I'm a total scrub... it's funny how playing online makes you realize that your days spent playing SFII in the arcades mean squat.

Just started playing Championship mode a week or so ago. Please tell me G2 is more than shotos.

G3 is at least 90% shoto. Ryu, Ryu, Ryu, Ken, Akuma, Ryu, Akuma, Ryu, Akuma. The Ryus are usually tough matches for me (learning to play Cammy), but dear god the Kens are almost universally terrible. I've played roughly 100 matches, haven't seen most of the characters used a single time. You'd think at the scrub level that the whole tier list thing wouldn't mean a hill a beans.

Wiseblade

TomServo said:
I'm a total scrub... it's funny how playing online makes you realize that your days spent playing SFII in the arcades mean squat.

Just started playing Championship mode a week or so ago. Please tell me G2 is more than shotos.

G3 is at least 90% shoto. Ryu, Ryu, Ryu, Ken, Akuma, Ryu, Akuma, Ryu, Akuma. The Ryus are usually tough matches for me (learning to play Cammy), but dear god the Kens are almost universally terrible. I've played roughly 100 matches, haven't seen most of the characters used a single time. You'd think at the scrub level that the whole tier list thing wouldn't mean a hill a beans.
G2 has a little less Ryu and a LOT more Ken and Sagat. Zangief too, but they're mostly lariat spammers.

Have fun!

TomServo

_dementia said:
Yeah. If you want variety, hit up player matches with friends/gaffers.

I'm probably too much a a terrible player to hang with most of you, but if anyone wants to beat up on Cammy my Gamertag is GaffiStick. Usually on for a bit in the evenings.

black_vegeta said:
Oh yeah, stuck at home with dat sickness :/ This weather has me fucked up!

I can't stand being sick...well, at least I can get some gaming in. :D

And wear your SF Snuggie. Hope Haunts has his Haunts vs. the World stream early today (course he said he had to work on a guide). Also, Illiterate is a really good player and it was a nice change of pace. I was surprised when he went against Greg...

And Alex Valle is the truth. Probably the best player in SoCal right now. I'd like to see another Bar Fights. This time versus NorCal (not just a 2v2). Choi, LPN, Magus, Ricky, ??? vs. Valle, Shizza, Combo, Ed Ma and ???

GGs FMF, Lyte.

I don't know why I lag so much with you Lyte. I was getting frustrated when I kept getting hit by Alyssa's b+3+4 'cause I couldn't punish in the lag. She should have a better juggle following that than the one you were doing though. It was a race of low hits, tbh. Can't block on reaction.

FMF be dodging me in BB. Always.

Wiseblade

GGs Rokitty, Your Rog is deadly!

Sorry about the first match, I had to change controls after switching from my stick to pad. You truly demolished me! It felt like all I was doing was running away and spamming tortillas... I need to work on my Balrog matchup and my teching...

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
ggs wiseblade. damn your fuerte!! I got some justice near the end though, 50/50 final score. gotta play again. Man, I hatttte fuerte.

You play him a little bit turtle as well, which is my weakness... can't stop chasing. then taking that friggin helicopter throw to the face.

Wiseblade

catfish said:
ggs wiseblade. damn your fuerte!! I got some justice near the end though, 50/50 final score. gotta play again. Man, I hatttte fuerte.

You play him a little bit turtle as well, which is my weakness... can't stop chasing. then taking that friggin helicopter throw to the face.

GG. I've never really thought of myself as turtley, more "counter offensive" :lol . Your Blanka was really dangerous too; I just hate those mixups! By the end I was just baiting your ultra so I could block and land my own... which backfired in the last match.

BTW, why does El Fuerte get so much hate?

XenoRaven

I'm thinking about getting the PC version. Would it be worth it? Should I wait for SSFIV PC?

I really like the way it looks and runs on PC, and would enjoy it, but if SSFIV hits PC in like June it might not be worth it.
Wiseblade said:
GG. I've never really thought of myself as turtley, more "counter offensive" :lol . Your Blanka was really dangerous too; I just hate those mixups! By the end I was just baiting your ultra so I could block and land my own... which backfired in the last match.

BTW, why does El Fuerte get so much hate?
Because he's annoying as hell! He runs at you and then runs away and runs at you and runs away and then he runs and then slides and trips you or he'll jump and splash you. And then you're all like "Ok I got this" and you FA and then instead of the splash he grabs you and spins you around and then runs away again. And then you try poke at him and he just hits his Ultra and kills you. Man I hate fighting El Fuerte!

Threi

notag
ggs black vegeta, took me a while to get used to the lag, my fuerte was spastic in the beginning.

And as you have now seen, bison needs serious help in this game :lol

XenoRaven said:
Because he's annoying as hell! He runs at you and then runs away and runs at you and runs away and then he runs and then slides and trips you or he'll jump and splash you. And then you're all like "Ok I got this" and you FA and then instead of the splash he grabs you and spins you around and then runs away again. And then you try poke at him and he just hits his Ultra and kills you. Man I hate fighting El Fuerte!

You may have just convinced me on maining fuerte :lol

Hi-tekk

Neo Member
Sup fellas,

I'm new to NeoGaf and just wanted to say i'm lookin forward to getting in some good games with you all. I normally play at night but on the weekends I play in the daytime. If anyone's interested in some games, definitely hit me up anytime. :D My PSN is: Hi-Tek_Saint and live in South Carolina.

Threi

notag
fuerte is a great char to learn because you pretty much have to have amazing reaction time to play as (and against) him.

Run > stop > run > stop > run > stop is pretty intimidating as well :lol

Threi said:
ggs black vegeta, took me a while to get used to the lag, my fuerte was spastic in the beginning.

And as you have now seen, bison needs serious help in this game :lol

:lol

Bison needs some mo purp...I was more worried about your Rawg. I can't stand Rog mirror matches. It was good practice.

As far as your Elf goes...FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU! :lol

Hi-tekk said:
Sup fellas,

I'm new to NeoGaf and just wanted to say i'm lookin forward to getting in some good games with you all. I normally play at night but on the weekends I play in the daytime. If anyone's interested in some games, definitely hit me up anytime. :D My PSN is: Hi-Tek_Saint and live in South Carolina.
who do you play?
i think i ran into you once

Ysiadmihi

Banned
XenoRaven said:
I'm thinking about getting the PC version. Would it be worth it? Should I wait for SSFIV PC?

I really like the way it looks and runs on PC, and would enjoy it, but if SSFIV hits PC in like June it might not be worth it.

If you can get the PC version for cheap, sure. For full price with Super coming soon...dunno about that. It's still the best version but everyone will migrate to Super once it hits.

Ledsen

If you guys love Fuerte that much you should totally watch the Fuerte Festival. It features TKD (one of, if not the, best Fuertes in the world) playing and being fucking annoying against all 17 characters (yes it includes a mirror match). Just follow the video replies to see the whole thing.

Wiseblade said:
GGs Rokitty, Your Rog is deadly!

Sorry about the first match, I had to change controls after switching from my stick to pad. You truly demolished me! It felt like all I was doing was running away and spamming tortillas... I need to work on my Balrog matchup and my teching...

GGs Wiseblade.

I don't know much about Fuerte vs Rog match-up but I do think that maybe you should try to use more normals also. I know wake-up game is a big part of Fuerte's style, but I felt like it was the only thing that could hurt me. But then again, I don't know how to play with Fuerte.

And about teching, it is much easier offline.

Wiseblade

Ledsen said:
If you guys love Fuerte that much you should totally watch the Fuerte Festival. It features TKD (one of, if not the, best Fuertes in the world) playing and being fucking annoying against all 17 characters (yes it includes a mirror match). Just follow the video replies to see the whole thing.
Seen it, love it. The blanka match is my favourite. He makes the matchup look so easy...

Hi-tekk

Neo Member
_dementia said:
who do you play?
i think i ran into you once

Hmmm, I think I might have played you last night in Championship mode. If i'm not mistaken, I believe it was an Akuma mirror match right?

XenoRaven

Ledsen said:
I've seen some TKD videos before. Part of my reason for hating Fuerte in fact. Watching him systematically destroy Nemo (who was my early inspiration for learning Chun-Li) was one of the most painful SF videos I've seen.

I can't watch YouTube at work. Does the TKD vs. Nemo match happen to be featured in that video?

Top Bottom