• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Hey if anybody's playing now, I'd be up to play against some of GAF on PSN.

PSN ID: OJdaKiller

I'll be playing tournament, but just send an invite and I'll be happy to play a few matches with you. I only have, and do, play as Sim, so if you want some Sim practice it'd be a good match...

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
Mr. Killer, you still open? I'm in Europe, but I've got a good line. Wanna try to punch my Abel from full screen?

edit: I feel the need to defend myself now. I haven't played the game in a month (excluding CPU, cus that don't count!) and my online execution needs some time to come back. I was fuming every time I wanted to grab you out of that teleport set-up. so infuriating when you know what to do, but can't do it. ;_;

Brobzoid-Thanks for the matches...Guess our connection wasn't the best...It seemed to be good, but then would get bad really fast and drop...Oh well...Still fun though...

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
ask one of them americans in the thread to invite you to the sf4 gafchat. There is some traffic there when I poke my nose in and they're usually american, so that would probably be better connects for you.

Joekage

GG's to all who frequented the GAF late night SF4 chat. I now know that Seth is a bitch to play against in the right hands, although one EX snake strike is enough to strike fear in his heart.. also Dhalsim's teleport is too OG. Like, it's so OG that I almost consider it too OG for this game.

Also, for any players looking for Rufus experience, please hit me up..

PSN: TostitoSalsa.

Mr Jared said:
It always sucks to end a stream on a crash, but man, I'm pretty wasted. Glad you all enjoyed the stream, but no one wanted to take the mic from me and I have a pretty wicked migraine. Now I get to sit it out until 3AM when FilipinoChamp feels like driving me home :lol

For the record, Vance went 55 straight with Zangief. I know because I watched every single one of them. Sad face.

holy shit! 8-0

Hi-tekk

Neo Member
Brobzoid said:
ask one of them americans in the thread to invite you to the sf4 gafchat. There is some traffic there when I poke my nose in and they're usually american, so that would probably be better connects for you.

I'm in the southern part of the US. Who would I need to hit up to get into the SF4 gafchats? My PSN is:Hi-Tek_Saint

Drame

European punching bag looking for European opponents. I'm not sure, if I have the time to play today, but it never hurts to add few players beforehand.

Hit me up on PSN: Halba

Hi-tekk said:
I'm in the southern part of the US. Who would I need to hit up to get into the SF4 gafchats? My PSN is:Hi-Tek_Saint

Send me a friend invite: krp1976. Or you can do findmyfarms...

I don't really see anyone else in the chat. It's really a graveyard. And it's pretty neat since you can provide active feedback or shoot the ish.

And Vangief was beastly. Haunts, I'm looking forward to that team tournament at Fudruckers. You have the EC team, SoCal team and team they can't lose.

toneroni

_dementia said:
Justin Wong hasn't been very visible since he moved, has he?
Is it true he manages an arcade now?
hmm that would help get people in the door i suppose. Having the chance to play against him or watch him play sometimes. Good idea

_dementia said:

Yeah, I think I saw that comment about him working at an arcade somewhere. Wonder if he'll have as much free time to play?

And he's been at a couple of events like the Wednesday Night Fights.

Hi-tekk

Neo Member
Spiderjericho said:
Send me a friend invite: krp1976. Or you can do findmyfarms...

I don't really see anyone else in the chat. It's really a graveyard. And it's pretty neat since you can provide active feedback or shoot the ish.

And Vangief was beastly. Haunts, I'm looking forward to that team tournament at Fudruckers. You have the EC team, SoCal team and team they can't lose.

Ok will do. I'm at work now so it will have to be later on this evening.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
_dementia said:

He works at the arcade I've been going to for near 15 years, Family Fun Arcade in SoCal. He works there, I don't think he's a manager tho...

Majestros

You can't handle the truth!
UC1 said:
Lifebars!!!

I like the first Sagat combo cuz he held Focus for a little while before dashing and the first Ryu combo cuz that second hit of j.MP is not easy to land. All the Seth and Fei Long combos were cool and so was the last Abel one. Stage transition at 2:29 was sweet.

I played YJoonCho for about 35 matches and won about 4 :lol (Those I won because he went random or missed his last bit of 10-15 hit combos) I played El Fuete the whole time and man, he is so much fun. Still trying to figure out how to consistently wall jump and do meaty attacks when they wakeup. I didn't know you can steer his ultra.

He is my lol-alt (lolalt?) to my shenanigans Bison.

ShinNL

Okay, I was chasing this keep-away Akuma/Ryu in Player Matches. After a few wins (with both fireball and non-fireball characters: Cammy, Sakura, Rose, Boxer) I get a message with him asking why I camp with all my characters. I said he was the one staying away, not me. He then replied that he had to keep jumping on me and that's why he gets hit (I punish almost every free jump-in with a down-fierce or SRK move).

Then finally I got this:
StreetFighterCamping.jpg

While I try to figure out an answer, I stumbled upon this question: does such a thing as "camping" even exist xD? I thought he meant turtling but it wasn't.

Soneet - u should just reply with a giant LOL instead of arguing with him. I get a lot of dumb messages like that lately, and I just ignore it or reply with lol.

People need to stop jumping in and learn some footsies or whatnot to gain ground.

XenoRaven

Soneet said:
Okay, I was chasing this keep-away Akuma/Ryu in Player Matches. After a few wins (with both fireball and non-fireball characters: Cammy, Sakura, Rose, Boxer) I get a message with him asking why I camp with all my characters. I said he was the one staying away, not me. He then replied that he had to keep jumping on me and that's why he gets hit (I punish almost every free jump-in with a down-fierce or SRK move).

Then finally I got this:
http://www.soneet.com/upload/files/StreetFighterCamping.jpg[IMG]

While I try to figure out an answer, I stumbled upon this question: does such a thing as "camping" even exist xD? I thought he meant turtling but it wasn't.[/QUOTE]
Tell him you're sorry and next time you'll let him hit you if it will make him feel better.

eissan

new guy here too! just FINALLY got my gaf account verified.

I play ryu...period :D.

Would love to play new players my xbl tag is: eissan.

I will more than likely double dip and get the PS3 version as well after I mod my TE to be able to run on the ps3 as well(got the cathulu but need to install it.)

@Pop On Arrival - Yeah, i'll probably hit up the motherland either this summer or the next. Only thing is we usually stay in Manila for only a day or so, as my family stays in Dulag. Where do yall play?

@B-Genius - Fa sho man! I'm usually on late at night (central time here, -6 gmt)

black_vegeta said:
My bad :/ 2nd attempt

Antwan Ortiz (Beastly Rog) vs The King Kindred (Bison) FT10 matches

http://www.youtube.com/user/deedogg313#g/c/933A463784454825

Honestly, Ortiz is pretty average, he doesn't have a developped ground game. And that Bison player had no answer for rog's jumpins (no it's not because he's playing m. bison) and just got bullied. I've never seen Ortiz do anything that wasn't gimmicky.

But, LOL at that kid saying Hadoken in the background :lol

UC1 said:

Sick! I love the production DJ-B13 puts into all his vids.

My favorite part was the Seth section. Maj, you should do Seth next!

Also, I've started doing walk up 720's w/ gief thanks to the norcal padgief :lol Even the japanese never came up with that! Vance should copyright that ish.

I played Kindred a few times before. But he always played Rog when I played him, funny enough--his style is not much different from Ortiz's Rog, lol, so I'm surprised that he trouble defending against his gimmicks.

cHaotix8

Soneet said:
While I try to figure out an answer, I stumbled upon this question: does such a thing as "camping" even exist xD? I thought he meant turtling but it wasn't.

Almost as bad as the guy who accused me of turtling like a scrub when I pretty much rushed down/footsied my way in against his Guile and Chun. He was definitely better than me with Akuma and Sagat but I guess he was just mad at how I beat him with non Shoto's. Thanked him for the games and left.

XenoRaven

BotoxAgent said:
I played Kindred a few times before. But he always played Rog when I played him, funny enough--his style is not much different from Ortiz's Rog, lol, so I'm surprised that he trouble defending against his gimmicks.
Yeah. He normally plays Rog and Ryu. I guess Ryu is his main and Rog is his secondary.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I've been playing so much SF lately that my Tekken game has been suffering *MAD FACE* !

I dropped rog and have been using sexy Ryu the whole time... :D

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Oh yea, anyone watch Wednesday Night Fights the other day?

Alex Valle RTSD'd on Marn and FlashMetroid... owwwww!

Top Bottom