• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Wiseblade

XenoRaven said:
I've seen some TKD videos before. Part of my reason for hating Fuerte in fact. Watching him systematically destroy Nemo (who was my early inspiration for learning Chun-Li) was one of the most painful SF videos I've seen.

I can't watch YouTube at work. Does the TKD vs. Nemo match happen to be featured in that video?
No, some guy called Farce loses instead. It was really close though! :p

MIMIC

Banned
I saw those Fuerte Festivals videos a few days ago. Love them. The start of the mirror match was hilarious. All Fuerte mirror matches should begin like that :D *virtual hand shake*

Of all the Fuerte's I've seen, TKD seems to be the one who is most lethal: he knows the game AND Fuerte and has incredible execution.

Another one of my favorites is Tetsu. This mixup is probably the best one I've seen done in a match. It stuns Viper.

GGs, Tekno. You kicked my butt pretty good. I was having issues with my execution and playing sloppy. You're pretty good with the charge characters.

I stink at Seth, but that 7-3 definitely showed.

AZ Greg

If anyone wants to play on XBL hit me up. Gonna be strictly working on my Dhalsim. It's raining pretty hard here though so if I disconnect is wasn't a ragequit! :D

"GGs, Tekno. You kicked my butt pretty good. I was having issues with my execution and playing sloppy. You're pretty good with the charge characters.

I stink at Seth, but that 7-3 definitely showed."

GGs. Your Dan is immensely annoying. Saikyo for reals (and I 100% failed when I played Dan). Zangief-Seth is super silly, that said, those regular green hands were supposed to be EXs :(.

Teknopathetic said:
GGs. Your Dan is immensely annoying. Saikyo for reals (and I 100% failed when I played Dan). Zangief-Seth is super silly, that said, those regular green hands were supposed to be EXs :(.

I couldn't be that annoying. It's raining and it's cold, so my hands plus the joystick just made it difficult to accomplish anything. I should've switched to Saturn pad but I was like whatever. You creamed me proper though.

Greg, I'll get on and play you for a FT10.

Threi

notag
man i think im the only fuerte player that refuses to learn RSF properly :lol

(yes I do consider myself a fuerte player)

TomServo said:
I'm a total scrub... it's funny how playing online makes you realize that your days spent playing SFII in the arcades mean squat.

Just started playing Championship mode a week or so ago. Please tell me G2 is more than shotos.

G3 is at least 90% shoto. Ryu, Ryu, Ryu, Ken, Akuma, Ryu, Akuma, Ryu, Akuma. The Ryus are usually tough matches for me (learning to play Cammy), but dear god the Kens are almost universally terrible. I've played roughly 100 matches, haven't seen most of the characters used a single time. You'd think at the scrub level that the whole tier list thing wouldn't mean a hill a beans.
Nope. G1 isn't that different either, so you have a lot to look forward to!

I really hope that the battle points system in SSFIV lets you play as multiple characters and record points that way, ala Tekken of VF. I hate working my BP up to 3000 with Rog and Ryu, only to drop all the way down to 1500 when I play as Abel. I reeeeallly need to improve with him. He's a lot of fun, I just suck with him. Or maybe he sucks. Who knows.

GGs, AZ Greg. Not sure what happened at the end (if you or I got disconnected). I decided to get my feet wet in the Purple Army by using Dictator and messing around with Ken.

I think you have the anti-air down, the combos. Maybe pokes and pressure cooker situations are what's keeping you from terrorizing me. But in so short of time, you've gotten good. You should Stretch Armstrong against Haunts. That's grow hair on your chest.

AZ Greg

Spiderjericho said:
GGs, AZ Greg. Not sure what happened at the end (if you or I got disconnected). I decided to get my feet wet in the Purple Army by using Dictator and messing around with Ken.

I think you have the anti-air down, the combos. Maybe pokes and pressure cooker situations are what's keeping you from terrorizing me. But in so short of time, you've gotten good. You should Stretch Armstrong against Haunts. That's grow hair on your chest.

GGs. It was on my end. All 3 times we've gotten one of those emergency statements on the cable about flooding the internet has gone out for a couple of minutes. :\

Bison was really messing me up thanks to his floaty jump, couldn't AA it as consistently as I wanted. And then once you got in it was bad. :( In addition to what you said I really need to work on my fireball use and instant air teleport use. Really gonna try and stick with it through the rough patches but it's so hard to play randoms online and lose to things you know you can punish with your main. Should keep the game fresh for me until SSF4 though.

Also, one thing I've noticed about your style, I think you're a little too eager for the throw. I suck pretty bad at teching but I think I got between 80-90% of yours. There was some time you left some fat damage out there. I would throw a poor fireball and you'd jump it with say Ken and hit me with a jumping roundhouse to crouch jab and I'd be thinking crap here comes the damage but then you'd just go for the throw. If you could convert some of those to bigger combos, which would at the same time open up the opportunity for throws, you'd be pretty deadly since your poke game is already solid and you seemed to have a good handle of projectile use when you used Ken/Guile.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Anyone from AsiaGAF here and play on PSN? I'm lucky to have green connections with all the Japanese players but after a while it gets rough seeing the same style Ryu/Gouki/Chuns. On basically every afternoon/night J-Time, PSN: worldrevolution

Thanks for the feedback, Greg. Yeah, I have noticed that I have a tendency to try to throw. But my other issue is just getting comfortable with comboing during online matches. I can do them in challenge or training but I tried to do Dictator's jab, jab, short, scissor kick to you and I kept messing it up.

And Ken...I don't really know how to use him. My shotos are Ryu or Dan. My biggest issue right now is just experience. I probably have a third of the time most in this thread do...though my love is just as high. I just get caught up in work, girlfriend, school, etc. My friend Finds says I should find the time so I decided to make a pact with Set to no longer have to sleep.

RedAssedApe

Banned
AZ Greg said:
If anyone wants to play on XBL hit me up. Gonna be strictly working on my Dhalsim. It's raining pretty hard here though so if I disconnect is wasn't a ragequit! :D

Beating people with Vega not fun for you anymore? :D

Threi

notag
MIMIC said:
i mean learn RSF at all...I tried, but didn't have the patience to get the rhythm down. I'll stick with cl.rh > rh/ex guac.

oh also...I have been playing bison less and less, and fuerte and rog more and more. Looks like I may be leaving the purple army :(

240ydf4.jpg

2u41ta8.jpg

lololol, shameless tier whore. God I need to play more gaems.

edit: also, my PS3 version has way more playtime than that. And yes, I didn't really complete all those trials.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Wiseblade said:
GG. I've never really thought of myself as turtley, more "counter offensive" :lol . Your Blanka was really dangerous too; I just hate those mixups! By the end I was just baiting your ultra so I could block and land my own... which backfired in the last match.

BTW, why does El Fuerte get so much hate?

haha Fuerte is maddening to play against when you get knocked down, especially if you guess wrong 2 times and constantly get slammed or thrown. It's why I switched to Bison so I could just teleport to safety :lol

I did overuse blankas ultra a bit much, that's an unfortunate side effect from playing too much championship, it's ludicrous how much people fall for it, i'd say more than 50 percent.

I did try and get you with the chip damage from it once ftw but I miscalculated rather badly and ate your ultra.

Also, you're not really a turtle but you do that run stop from the otherside of the screen quite a lot and since I don't use a projectile character and blankas ball is unsafe against fuerte, I end up chasing a lot.

gibration

If anyone wants to add me, feel free to do so. I currently don't have live though but I will anytime soon.
PSN ID: gibration
GT: gibrationx

Majestros

You can't handle the truth!
Two quick things:

1) The full transcript is now up on Sonic Hurricane in case anyone's looking for explanations.

2) The screenshot caption contest to decide the next SF4 TACV character is up too. It's pretty easy, you just gotta post up your idea as a comment on there. If you want a shot at it, Monday's the deadline.

Brobzoid said:
Those normals look like they shouldn't be able to link - is it because of the crumple?
cHaotix8 said:
Yeah, it was like they where moving in slowmo all throughout the link after the FA.
Haha awesome, combo conspiracy theories! Cammy's close s.MP causes weird stun. If you at the frame data, it causes longer hit stun than even her fierces.

Raging Spaniard said:
Now I need some clarification, these are assisted and that means ...
I use two ASCII PAD V Pro programmable controllers. They're old Japanese PS1 controllers i had to buy through yahoo.jp auctions, running through a cheap PSX-PS3 converter.

Basically i input a sequence of commands and how many frames each should be held. It involves a lot of trial and error but eventually you get an accurate sequence where every one-frame interval works better than half the time. (Though if i have four one-frame intervals, the overall success rate drops to 1/16 or 6.25% or whatever.)

Since i'm using the PS3 version, i have no way of "messing" with the game. I have to build meter manually every try and if i need to set up a post-KO combo then i need to find the starting damage manually too. As far as the PS3 is concerned, i'm using a regular controller. It can't tell the difference. Everything i do should be possible in a real match. Though my job is to get as close to impossible as possible.

Lost Fragment said:
Maj, you should mess around with ex seismo feints with your tool-assisted stuff. I'd love to see what's possible.
It's a dope trick but i think there's a grace period on stuff like this. I'll wait a while to see what Yeb does next. Plus i'm more interested in combos anyway. Too bad there's no armor on EX Focus Attack, huh?

*peeks head in* HAI GAIZ!!!!

need to start brushing up again, so i have ventured back into my former home. :D

add me on PSN: Eraldo_Coil

i'll be on the gafchat tomorrow as well.

FMF Will still beat my ass :(

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
FindMyFarms said:
Farms, old bean! I am curious to play you. My PSN ID is B-Genius if you fancy a few some time. We just got a nice new speedy connection, should hopefully have 3bars even if you're in the States.

Mr Jared

It always sucks to end a stream on a crash, but man, I'm pretty wasted. Glad you all enjoyed the stream, but no one wanted to take the mic from me and I have a pretty wicked migraine. Now I get to sit it out until 3AM when FilipinoChamp feels like driving me home :lol

For the record, Vance went 55 straight with Zangief. I know because I watched every single one of them. Sad face.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Mr Jared said:
It always sucks to end a stream on a crash, but man, I'm pretty wasted. Glad you all enjoyed the stream, but no one wanted to take the mic from me and I have a pretty wicked migraine. Now I get to sit it out until 3AM when FilipinoChamp feels like driving me home :lol

For the record, Vance went 55 straight with Zangief. I know because I watched every single one of them. Sad face.

HOLY SHIT.

Top Bottom