• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

MarkMan said:
Oh yea, anyone watch Wednesday Night Fights the other day?

Alex Valle RTSD'd on Marn and FlashMetroid... owwwww!

I saw Valle vs FreeMetroid...it was just lopsided. FreeMetroid didn't start fighting back until it was too late.

MarkMan said:
Oh yea, anyone watch Wednesday Night Fights the other day?

Alex Valle RTSD'd on Marn and FlashMetroid... owwwww!

I had a huge grin when he beat Marn. Wasn't Marn like talkin shit that if he used Rufus, it would be 10-2 Marn? He used Rufus, and lost, lol.

Valle looked like he leveled up a lot. He was beastin that night.

Mr Jared

11kba60.jpg

BotoxAgent said:
I had a huge grin when he beat Marn. Wasn't Marn like talkin shit that if he used Rufus, it would be 10-2 Marn? He used Rufus, and lost, lol.

Valle looked like he leveled up a lot. He was beastin that night.
Then again Marn hasn't played in any tournaments for like months now since he said he stopped until SSF4 hits.. not too surprising that he dropped a bunch of things.

Also they play in a garage where its 40 degrees.. what a bleh enviroment.

I played against gamertag: "EMP Chris Hu" today. Although it seems like it wasn't actaually Chris Hu, it was supposedly his friend instead. Also the weird thing was that the friend was playing from Sweden. Anyways he was pretty good and we had some good matches. I'm just wondering what does Chris Hu doing in the middle of this. :D

Rocky_Balboa said:
I played against gamertag: "EMP Chris Hu" today. Although it seems like it wasn't actaually Chris Hu, it was supposedly his friend instead. Also the weird thing was that the friend was playing from Sweden. Anyways he was pretty good and we had some good matches. I'm just wondering what does Chris Hu doing in the middle of this. :D
Maybe he's just a huge fan. Hu isn't Empire lol.

Majestros

You can't handle the truth!
Teknopathetic said:
Camping is FPS tard speak.

At any rate, he's dumb.
Yeah that's why i hate the word "spam." It's a dumb concept to begin with and doesn't even apply to fighting games but if you're gonna use it at least say "mash" like normal god-fearing folk.

FindMyFarms said:
Maj, you should do Seth next!
Okay, i'm helluva confused about whether or not you're joking. I never choose the characters. I just post a screenshot and then everyone comes up with funny/cool captions, then i pick one i like and whoever came up with it picks the next character.

http://sonichurricane.com/?p=1083

(If it was up to me i would have done Seth a long time ago cuz MrWizard won't talk to me until i do. But Rose seems the most intriguing right now.)

haunts

Bacon of Hope
That DJ B13 combo vid is awesome.. I've never linked a c.fp into a c.lp with Sagat.. I knew it was possible but I have no idea what the timing is for it.

Majestros said:
Okay, i'm helluva confused about whether or not you're joking. I never choose the characters. I just post a screenshot and then everyone comes up with funny/cool captions, then i pick one i like and whoever came up with it picks the next character.

http://sonichurricane.com/?p=1083

(If it was up to me i would have done Seth a long time ago cuz MrWizard won't talk to me until i do. But Rose seems the most intriguing right now.)

Oh, I actually had no idea T_T

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
haunts said:
That DJ B13 combo vid is awesome.. I've never linked a c.fp into a c.lp with Sagat.. I knew it was possible but I have no idea what the timing is for it.

When the game first was in arcades, I mashed a fierce DP off crouching fierce with Sagat. Could never replicate it tho.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
LeMaximilian said:
When the game first was in arcades, I mashed a fierce DP off crouching fierce with Sagat. Could never replicate it tho.

It's counter hit only -- counter hit c.fp, wait a split second, HP DP = 30% 0_0;;

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Anyone else have a Championship ritual that they go through? For example mine is:

1st Battle: Alternate Costume 1 and Random Stage
2nd Battle: Black Alt Costume and Underpass Stage
Championship Battle: White Alt Costume and Boat Cruise Stage

.... hahah anyone else?

derFeef

I bought this because of the Steam sale and fell in love with it. I ordered me a tournament stick and its a blast to play. Anyhow, I am not good, not good at all. I play against a friend of mine and he defeats me 80% of the matches.
He tells me I am getting better and better with every match, but I have still to figure out the pro-stuff.

Is there anyone who is willing to teach me a bit on PC? I am a nice guy and not afraid of losing :D

Viper is my favourite Character - is that bad? ;)

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Viper is cool, I always wish that I took the time out to learn her.

I told myself "I'll learn Viper or another character once I feel like I am 'good enough' with Sagat". Then I learned, I am never good enough with Sagat. :lol

derFeef

Adam Prime said:
Viper is cool, I always wish that I took the time out to learn her.

I told myself "I'll learn Viper or another character once I feel like I am 'good enough' with Sagat". Then I learned, I am never good enough with Sagat. :lol

It is a bit hard to describe, but Viper gives me that "I have the right answer to your move" feeling, I just love her. Plus she is hot, which helps :)

Sagat is my second most played character and I am getting in touch with Balrog right now. But I am not feeling confident with the charging stuff.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
WuselDusel said:
It is a bit hard to describe, but Viper gives me that "I have the right answer to your move" feeling, I just love her. Plus she is hot, which helps :)

Sagat is my second most played character and I am getting in touch with Balrog right now. But I am not feeling confident with the charging stuff.

If you main Sagat then GAF is your enemy

Adam Prime said:
Anyone else have a Championship ritual that they go through? For example mine is:

1st Battle: Alternate Costume 1 and Random Stage
2nd Battle: Black Alt Costume and Underpass Stage
Championship Battle: White Alt Costume and Boat Cruise Stage

.... hahah anyone else?
:lol

I honestly never thought of that, maybe I will start making that my ritual.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
WuselDusel said:
Hm, no, I am not seeing it. May I ask why?

Sagat = No skillz!!!!

in before Haunts XD

Really, use someone else except Sagat. He's the strongest character in the game and winning with him really nets you no accomplishment, but managing to lose with him, the strongest character, should make you feel like shit.

So yeah, go use someone else... at least Ryu if you want the second best character =P

PS: I hate Sagat!! =D!

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Speaking of Ken, I'm fighting a really good Ken player right now in ranked and I think he may be the only Ken player I've seen with over 3k BP on PC :lol

derFeef

I somehow have the fear that I am adopting the wrong moves/techniques without the help and trianing of good people. Should I just go online and do my best?

Ysiadmihi

Banned
WuselDusel said:
I somehow have the fear that I am adopting the wrong moves/techniques without the help and trianing of good people. Should I just go online and do my best?

Go through the trials in challenge mode. It will teach you some of the basics.

WuselDusel said:
Well, I can not go further than stage 3 or 4 depending on the character. I am doomed, right? :(

Try pickin up ryu and getting a feel for the basics. Make sure you can do all of his attacks (shoryuken, hadoken, etc.) on point and once your execution is down, get to learning to control space. Keep it simple at first. If they jump, SRK, if they're far, hadoken, if they're near, cr. mk, etc.

Viper's not a very good character, and you won't really learn the game if she's your first pick up.

sca2511

WuselDusel said:
Well, I can not go further than stage 3 or 4 depending on the character. I am doomed, right? :(
thats not true, just need to get a feel for the fights and play smart. You'll hit those timing frame based combos down the road, just focus on basic ones and punish when you can.

XenoRaven

WuselDusel said:
Grind it out! Keep practicing until you get all of them. I did some of Chun-Li's Trials over and over before I could them. I quit on her 5th Hard Trial because I didn't know how to do a FADC =\. After about a month I researched it, came back, and got it pretty quickly. You may not realize it, but the Trials do help your game. When you can execute some of the crazier, more impractical stuff even once, it'll make the simple stuff nearly automatic.

Cowie

WuselDusel said:

Well, it sort of depends, the trials are weird. The normal trials you definitely need down with just about everyone you want to play. The Hard trials are kind of hit or miss. Sometimes they're hard and not worth learning, and sometimes they're hard and near essential.

derFeef

FindMyFarms said:
Try pickin up ryu and getting a feel for the basics. Make sure you can do all of his attacks (shoryuken, hadoken, etc.) on point and once your execution is down, get to learning to control space. Keep it simple at first. If they jump, SRK, if they're far, hadoken, if they're near, cr. mk, etc.

Viper's not a very good character, and you won't really learn the game if she's your first pick up.

I actually played Ryu exclusively at the beginning and I am also able to trigger all the special moves when its necessary. The thing I am having the most problems with are the combos. Doing lots of stuff in a short time frime is just too much for my brain.

But I am looking forward to play
lose
against one of you guys (on PC that is)

Ysiadmihi said:
What kind of controller are you using? Keyboard, pad, stick?

Tournament stick

edit: wow, appreciate all the help. Thank you very much guys.

man, bad idea to make my return to the game against Qis , got beat badly.

GG's to gibration and to Q

felt great to get back into it after like 7 months off :D

Good games spirit of jazz, sorry on the poor performance on my end, phone call and attempting to play with the stick one handed doesn't work it seems lol

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Man I've played for about 3 hours tonight.

I leveled up to 1000 GP G3-A finally. It makes me both happy and sad. Mostly sad because I know that I'm NEVER going to make G2.

But overall and accomplishment for me tonight! :D

Top Bottom