• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Mr Jared

If anyone is playing on Steam at the moment, feel free to shoot me a player match request. My gamertag is "Mr Jared"

I'm fiddling with the controls on my arcade cab, so playing something that isn't the CPU would be more entertaining :lol

derFeef

Mr Jared said:
If anyone is playing on Steam at the moment, feel free to shoot me a player match request. My gamertag is "Mr Jared"

I'm fiddling with the controls on my arcade cab, so playing something that isn't the CPU would be more entertaining :lol
If you do not mind playing against a Junior and SFIV newcomer? :)

Mr Jared

WuselDusel said:
If you do not mind playing against a Junior and SFIV newcomer? :)

That's fine. I'll just play my whack-ass Guile that I can't seem to get enough of. I mainly just want to test out my control panel. I'm trying to make some adjustments.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
recently read that guile can reversal super ken's stepkick, which would really change that matchup if i could fuckin do it with any consistency. plus when i screw it up it just looks like i'm being random and scrubby when in fact i'm doing something THAT WOULD BE REALLY COOL if i could actually land it. lots of super -> ultra potential there too.

maybe it'll come with time -- at first i couldn't get the reversal super against rog's dash punches either

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
some fucking retard just sent me an invite for Gears of Wars II, which i don't have, then sent like 6 messages of him just making weird noises and he said street fighter somewhere in there. I bet it was one of the goddamn new juniors.

Timedog said:
some fucking retard just sent me an invite for Gears of Wars II, which i don't have, then sent like 6 messages of him just making weird noises and he said street fighter somewhere in there. I bet it was one of the goddamn new juniors.

It was me, want to make something of it???

SePhoBroth

Neo Member
Threi said:
ggs Roxicodone, I got spanked by your Ryu hard.

btw who do you think is my main out of the chars I played?
ggs Threi! I'm gonna guess Fuerte? But it could also be Bison. You play them both equally well.

I've just started trying to play with a stick (the one that came with Tekken 6. 8 buttons), and I'm curious -- do tournament players put their focus attack to one of the extra buttons? Is that considered cheap or bullshit, or do a lot of players do it? Maybe it's a stupid idea, I don't know, I haven't tried it yet.

Do most tournament players even use the extra buttons?

Gonna be handin out free wins on PC version right now. Need to train with my viper feel free to shoot a game request (especially if you have an awesome viper yourself).

My viper is shit right now but I've been working on some of her moves like FFF and multi seismo. I can do these sometimes in trainging mode (getting better) but not in a real match. Also need to work on my spacing with her. Currently I play her too turtle-style for my tastes. (I main Rufus so you can imagine...) Main Rufus but REALLY REALLY REALLY wanna main Viper. Why'd she have to be the hardest character in the game? :'( (next hardest are gen and elf IMO)

GFWL: omnipotento

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I'm on XBL if anyone wants to play. Tag is "lyte edge."

Just had matches with people named "Sagats Camel Toe" and "Tubgirl Fanclub." :lol

akuma001

sometimes i'm on testing sticks playing championship mode on psn.

add me if you want to play some quick 1st to 5 or 1st to 10 matches.

psn - akuma001

i play a wack ryu so free wins for you guys.

also someone add me to the gafchat thing so i can see what that's about. :D

forgot to mention i'm on the westcoast.

CartridgeBlower said:
I've just started trying to play with a stick (the one that came with Tekken 6. 8 buttons), and I'm curious -- do tournament players put their focus attack to one of the extra buttons? Is that considered cheap or bullshit, or do a lot of players do it? Maybe it's a stupid idea, I don't know, I haven't tried it yet.

Do most tournament players even use the extra buttons?

It's looked down upon when using a stick at least in my part of the desert. Most tournament players don't do it however there is a very very small number of players that do.

Threi

notag
SePhoBroth said:
ggs Threi! I'm gonna guess Fuerte? But it could also be Bison. You play them both equally well.
Bison I mained since around launch, Fuerte I don't really know how to use, I fuck around with him.
:lol

Your roo is badass though, option selects are dangerous :(

MIMIC

Banned
WuselDusel said:
Well, I can not go further than stage 3 or 4 depending on the character. I am doomed, right? :(

I finished all of the trials for every character and I can comfortably say that you don't need to know how to do them; even completing them won't really help you out online. Trial conditions are very different than actual play conditions. In trial mode, you have a dummy; in match play, you do not.

Basics are the way to go....and watching the pros go to work.

MIMIC said:
I finished all of the trials for every character and I can comfortably say that you don't need to know how to do them; even completing them won't really help you out online. Trial conditions are very different than actual play conditions. In trial mode, you have a dummy; in match play, you do not.

Basics are the way to go....and watching the pros go to work.

He's right, there is a huge difference between a training dummy and someone who actually moves and can react. For example I know how to do most of Cammy's combos in training mode. I find it hard as hell to get in position to even try them in a real match.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
I'm drunk GAF noobs, this is your only chance to defeat my Saikyo Ryu. Make your time!

xbl/gfw: Chickeny Dinner

SePhoBroth

Neo Member
Threi said:
Bison I mained since around launch, Fuerte I don't really know how to use, I fuck around with him.
:lol

Your roo is badass though, option selects are dangerous :(
Yeah, a lot of people don't use Fuerte so I don't really know the match up or what he's capable of. I thought you used him well though.

Timedog, I might have added you since I added a bunch of people who posted a few pages back. If not you can add me. My GT is roxicodone.

Lyte Edge

GGs Axelhortsemchi! I fear your awesome 'Gief and enjoyed all those match-ups...we had a lot of close battles. You kept getting me with that second EX green hand every time I backdashed! :lol

Hope all those random matches were cool...I usually like to go all random after a couple of normal matches when doing player matches with people. And yet even then, I still can't decide on alt to stick with. Maybe it's best to just wait for Super. Wanted to play more, but I was on SF4 for like four hours and that's enough for now!

Managed to win seven championships in ranked tonight, too...good night for SF!

Lyte Edge said:
GGs Axelhortsemchi! I fear your awesome 'Gief and enjoyed all those match-ups...we had a lot of close battles. You kept getting me with that second EX green hand every time I backdashed! :lol

Hope all those random matches were cool...I usually like to go all random after a couple of normal matches when doing player matches with people. And yet even then, I still can't decide on alt to stick with. Maybe it's best to just wait for Super. Wanted to play more, but I was on SF4 for like four hours and that's enough for now!

Managed to win seven championships in ranked tonight, too...good night for SF!

Thanks! I thought the sudden slip into random for a good 20 rounds was cool, though it was a harsh reminder that I haven't put any time into anyone besides Gief. Also, as a tip for the Gief-Chun matchup, your EX spinning bird will stop most of Gief's crossup shenanigans (though this can be countered by a headbutt during the startup of your EX kick). I noticed you weren't doing it much during the matches, so if you weren't aware, I wanted to pass it along.

Lyte Edge

Axelhortsemchi said:
Thanks! I thought the sudden slip into random for a good 20 rounds was cool, though it was a harsh reminder that I haven't put any time into anyone besides Gief. Also, as a tip for the Gief-Chun matchup, your EX spinning bird will stop most of Gief's crossup shenanigans (though this can be countered by a headbutt during the startup of your EX kick). I noticed you weren't doing it much during the matches, so if you weren't aware, I wanted to pass it along.

Yeah, no idea why, but I kept trying to EX legs every time you were crossing me up, and paid dearly for it. :lol I finally snapped out of it in our last match.

Lyte Edge said:
Yeah, no idea why, but I kept trying to EX legs every time you were crossing me up, and paid dearly for it. :lol I finally snapped out of it in our last match.

It's all good, I had weird shit happening in the way of special moves during our matches too. I unwillingly stumbled into some absurd, implausible shortcut that made what I thought were shoryuken inputs come out as 360s, and once it started, it wouldn't go away. There were a bunch of times where I went for a green hand, and got an SPD from well out of grab range. It was as if I had been subjected to some part of the truth of SFIV :'( . Kidding and goofy stories aside, once again I'd like to say GG's, was a fun set of matches.

So lately, I've been trying out different characters for my tertiary. (Main: Dictator, Secondary: Chun-Li). Originally, it was Balrog, then I started messing around with Cammy. But for some reason, I'm becoming a bit fond of Sakura.
So I spent about half an hour making up some combos, and so far, I'm fond of: Cr.Hp ->hadoken -> FADC -> Cr.Mk -> EX Hurricane kick + any juggle.
I'm pretty crappy with quarter circles sometimes, but I seem to adapt well with Sakura. Can't wait to really put her in the battlefield. :D

dragonballjoseph said:
So lately, I've been trying out different characters for my tertiary. (Main: Dictator, Secondary: Chun-Li). Originally, it was Balrog, then I started messing around with Cammy. But for some reason, I'm becoming a bit fond of Sakura.
So I spent about half an hour making up some combos, and so far, I'm fond of: Cr.Hp ->hadoken -> FADC -> Cr.Mk -> EX Hurricane kick + any juggle.
I'm pretty crappy with quarter circles sometimes, but I seem to adapt well with Sakura. Can't wait to really put her in the battlefield. :D
Waistage of bars .. just do cr. hp into ex hurricane.. or c. lk into cr. hp into ex. The damage mitigation in a real match would rape her and you'd be out of bar so fast. She relies on those so much too.

I think im gonna try to work on Seth (lolz) and Vega

chriskun

Any one have any advice on the Honda vs Blanka matchup. I find it to be quite annoying as a Honda player. It seems Blanka can jump in on Honda for free, and if he starts crossing you up you are fucked. Played against this really annoying Blanka the other night, resulting in major saltiness on my part. Told him "I'd bite his butt"

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
chriskun said:
Any one have any advice on the Honda vs Blanka matchup. I find it to be quite annoying as a Honda player. It seems Blanka can jump in on Honda for free, and if he starts crossing you up you are fucked. Played against this really annoying Blanka the other night, resulting in major saltiness on my part. Told him "I'd bite his butt"

You crouch block the whole game, stick out jabs a lot, if they jump, buttslam to counter (pretend you're Guile) Jab headbutts are ok to use in the matchup.

If you block a blankaball- fierce HB back. (watch out in lag, you have to do it quick)

Save ultra in case they ultra your ultra will stuff his (rarely it will trade)

EX headbutt also stuffs ultra, and EX blanka ball.

If you need to attack, use your standard stuff, but watch out for upballs. Blanka's a pain to attack though- he's a char that forces a boring matchup due to his stupid design.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I find it the easiest to deal with Blanka as Honda. Punish his balls with a headbutt and just mix it up with typical honda stuff.

Top Bottom