• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
_dementia said:
vmypex.jpg

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
I'm usually not one to criticize online players too much, since online isn't serious. Especially if I only play a person a few times, since that's not enough time to get a real handle on how good their game is. If I demolish someone because they're doing a lot of dumb stuff, I usually give them the benefit of the doubt and tell myself that they were just messing around, trying stuff out, playing a character they usually don't play, etc, because I do that shit all the time in champ mode.

But I left my Xbox on while I was playing some Castlevania on my DS because I wanted to see how long it'd take me to get an SG match, and I played the flowchartiest Ken I've played in a long time. The more things change, the more they stay the same, I guess.

Anyway, guess I'm pretty much done with champoionship mode. Would have better luck finding random matches in ranked or something.

Zapages

I don't how I did it, but I did it!!!

This is the strangest move I've ever done with Ryu. I admit, I'm not the real competitively good player for SF IV, but I have fun with it with my skill level.

Anyway, we all know if you are in the corner and you can then do a EX-Hadouken and followed by Metsu Hadouken...

But was able to do same move, but not in the corner. I wish I could have recorded that, but it was really OMG what did I just do type of situation.

Also it might have Ex- Hadouken -> FADC -> Metsu Hadouken

Ledsen

Zapages said:
I don't how I did it, but I did it!!!

This is the strangest move I've ever done with Ryu. I admit, I'm not the real competitively good player for SF IV, but I have fun with it with my skill level.

Anyway, we all know if you are in the corner and you can then do a EX-Hadouken and followed by Metsu Hadouken...

But was able to do same move, but not in the corner. I wish I could have recorded that, but it was really OMG what did I just do type of situation.

Also it might have Ex- Hadouken -> FADC -> Metsu Hadouken

It's a well known combo :) Very flashy though.

You can EX Hado > Ultra if you're right next to your opponent when you fireball. And I mean so close that you're body is pressed up against him/her. If you FADC'd the EX ball and then Ultra'd, shouldn't you know whether or not you did that? There is the flash and dash forward thingy but I guess you were too excited and didn't notice.

Anyways as a Ken/Ryu player, these are still 2 combos that I still haven't pulled off in a actual match that I really want to. I can do it in training mode but the pressures of a real match prevent me from trying it or just not being in the right situation.

Ryu: low Forward, EX Hado, FADC, Ultra(yes, must start with low forward)
Ken: SRK, FADC, air EX Tatsu, Ultra

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
It blows my mind every time a Ryu ex fireballs into ultra midscreen. It's not that I don't know he can do it, it's just that I never expect it :lol

Zapages

Rice-Eater said:
You can EX Hado > Ultra if you're right next to your opponent when you fireball. And I mean so close that you're body is pressed up against him/her. If you FADC'd the EX ball and then Ultra'd, shouldn't you know whether or not you did that? There is the flash and dash forward thingy but I guess you were too excited and didn't notice.

Anyways as a Ken/Ryu player, these are still 2 combos that I still haven't pulled off in a actual match that I really want to. I can do it in training mode but the pressures of a real match prevent me from trying it or just not being in the right situation.

I think that's what I did... But I wasn't exactly right next to him though. lol There was just one character space between us. The match was very intense and it was against a good Ken player...

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
One of the hard trials has EX Fireball into Ultra and you can do it anywhere. I've seen Daigo do it a lot and the most recent was his Ryu vs Ryu matches against Momochi.

comrade

Rice-Eater said:

I've done this a few times to my friends bison off jump-ins. I think I crossed it up once too.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Speaking of ultra setups, I've been trying to throw in EX TKCS>(EX) TKCS>ultra lately. Fairly easy, very safe and it actually does the full ultra, unlike cs>fadc>ultra or spin knuckle>ultra.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
EX strike into ultra is great, especially when you can hit confirm off of a single strike. The most satisfying thing to pull off in this game, for me.

Does anyone want to help me level up my rubbish Ryu and Ken (on pc)?

My gamertag/gfwl name is Efeman

I'm based in London, so it'll probably be laggy. Let's do this!

derFeef

One question for the pro´s :) I have my tournament stick for almost a month now, but the standard button layouts are very weird - is there any logic behind it? I would find it more logical if it would go L M H from left to right?

Awaiting laughter now :D

WuselDusel said:
One question for the pro´s :) I have my tournament stick for almost a month now, but the standard button layouts are very weird - is there any logic behind it? I would find it more logical if it would go L M H from left to right?

Awaiting laughter now :D

Uhh what? If you have a Madcatz TE stick use the Controller type A setting for that stick (default). It should always go light medium hard (left to right), with punches on top and kicks on the bottom.

"One question for the pro´s :) I have my tournament stick for almost a month now, but the standard button layouts are very weird - is there any logic behind it? I would find it more logical if it would go L M H from left to right?"

That's the default button layout, isn't it? I never had to reconfig my stick (granted, it's a HRAP, not a TE, but I'm pretty sure the TEs are the same as well, right?).

Standard layout is:

Light punch - medium punch - hard punch
Light kick - medium kick - hard kick

derFeef

Teknopathetic said:
"One question for the pro´s :) I have my tournament stick for almost a month now, but the standard button layouts are very weird - is there any logic behind it? I would find it more logical if it would go L M H from left to right?"

That's the default button layout, isn't it? I never had to reconfig my stick (granted, it's a HRAP, not a TE, but I'm pretty sure the TEs are the same as well, right?).

Standard layout is:

Light punch - medium punch - hard punch
Light kick - medium kick - hard kick

I only get this if I set the game to "Controller", but if I set it to "Arcade Stick":

med punch - hard puch - triple punch
light kick - light punch - hard kick

hit my first knuckle > spike > super and ex dive > hp > spike > FADC > spike during some pretty intense matches yesterday.

turns out that playing more and practicing actually works.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
WuselDusel said:
I only get this if I set the game to "Controller", but if I set it to "Arcade Stick":

The PC version seems to default to some weird controls. For me, it's:

lp-mp-kkk-hk
lk-mk-ppp-hp

It does this on both my TE stick and Saturn pad (hk and hp on the triggers).

WuselDusel said:

Keep it set to controller, madcatz made the stick so you can play with the default control setup (controller type A) without even going into the menu when you first boot up. The arcade stick setting is made for other sticks like the hori sticks.

derFeef

Struggling with Balrog trials right now (5 normal)
If some of you want to play against a newcomer, hit me, I am online right now. (GT derWuselDusel [PC])

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Recent HRAPs and TEs have the same button layout:

Sq Tr R1 L1
X O R2 L2

Although the HRAP1 and some other arcade sticks use:

L1 Sq Tr R1
L2 X O R2

I don't use the L buttons regardless so the mappings match between pad, HRAP1, and HRAP3.

taku

Heavy's Sandvich said:
Had some games with andresteen, I definitely need to work on my Ryu/Ken. Hopefully level up so I can actually be competitive. GGs.
GGs, dude! Shame about the lag though..

I need to find a main, and fast! But is it worth it? Super SFIV is right around the corner. I'll probably just play around, try to learn the basics and choose my main once Super hits!

Ysiadmihi

Banned
taku said:

I need to find a main, and fast! But is it worth it? Super SFIV is right around the corner. I'll probably just play around, try to learn the basics and choose my main once Super hits!

Ryu is a pretty safe bet if you don't mind playing what everyone else plays. Chances are he won't play much different in Super.

taku said:

Cannot comprehend why steam won't let us be friends. Would be easier to bitch/moan through steam chat.

Will play again when I need a break from my work.

I'd recommend picking a main and pwning noobars when SSFIV comes out.

taku

Ysiadmihi said:
Ryu is a pretty safe bet if you don't mind playing what everyone else plays. Chances are he won't play much different in Super.
Yeah, I guess I'll start with Ryu. I wanted to try Akuma but I hear they're nerfing him quite a bit.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
taku said:

No character in SF4 is not going to be in SSF4, so even if you absolutely love one of the new characters at least you'll have a competent alt.

Yo, what's up with the 3v3 Fuddrucker's Tournament. I went to see the Marn/Flash/Sin, SoCal, the Choi and Ortiz teams go at it.

Everyone seemed a bit out of it at KeystoneII. And it's lol with Choi using Sagat (and losing) and Ricky Ortiz using Seth.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Spiderjericho said:
Yo, what's up with the 3v3 Fuddrucker's Tournament. I went to see the Marn/Flash/Sin, SoCal, the Choi and Ortiz teams go at it.

Everyone seemed a bit out of it at KeystoneII. And it's lol with Choi using Sagat (and losing) and Ricky Ortiz using Seth.

It ran REALLY late last night, i think everyone was mad tired. haha. I didnt get home till 7am. X_x

There is a 3v3 stream going on right now -- Mike Ross, Keno, Combofiend, Marn, Flash Metroid, Perfect Sin, John Choi, Ricky Ortiz blah blah blah... This is the precursor to Fuddruckers 3v3 tomorrow.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/iplaywinner

thanks for schooling me Farms - I've never been exposed to an Abel player that had those tools (no one at the studio or in my SF4 "group" plays Abel unless we go random).

I really had no idea when my openings were in those strings and seemingly got hit by every crossup you threw.

nice tricks too. i guessed wrong a few times haha. from matches 6-10 all my execution went wayyyy out the window :(

Thanks dude!

Cromulent_Word said:
thanks for schooling me Farms - I've never been exposed to an Abel player that had those tools.

I really had no idea when my openings were in those strings and seemingly got hit by every crossup you threw.

nice tricks too. i guessed wrong a few times haha. from matches 6-10 all my execution went wayyyy out the window :(

Thanks dude!

NP. After Abel does his step kick and dashes forward, his two offensive options are either cr. short (if you're trying to jump away, it'll keep you grounded then he can link into cr. jab x2 st. short, then another step kick dash) or tornado throw if you're not jumping.

If Abel lands a tornadow throw, then dashes towards you and jumps, it'll be a crossup. Abel's kind of like a zangief that dashes in your face a lot :lol

With Cammy vs. Abel your goal is to do as many divekicks as possible. A TKCS after one of Abel's step kick dashes beat both his cr. short and his tornado throw. Cammy is actually one of Abel's worst match ups, and if you can keep the offensive pressure up with cammy, there's nothing Abel can really do about it.

GG's!

Top Bottom