• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

ShinNL

FindMyFarms said:
Yeah, knowledge and proper matchup experience is definitely a plus. But Sanford DOES have some of the best execution in the country bar none. For most top players execution isn't an issue. Unless you're Valle :lol
Maybe with his Sagat but those ackward jumping LKs hitting nothing with Cammy are supposed to be instant Cannon Strikes I think. Daigo should have punished those with shoryukens but since he's probably not used to the matchup, he probably thinks those faints done on purpose. (Not to be confused with the j.HK which were done on purpose). Any regular Cammy player will notice those stupid jumps.

Soneet said:
Maybe with his Sagat but those ackward jumping LKs hitting nothing with Cammy are supposed to be instant Cannon Strikes I think. Daigo should have punished those with shoryukens but since he's probably not used to the matchup, he probably thinks those faints done on purpose. (Not to be confused with the j.HK which were done on purpose). Any regular Cammy player will notice those stupid jumps.

True enough, but no one's perfect.

FindMyFarms said:
True enough, but no one's perfect.
Ahem

dc7b37cb.jpg

Maybe his death wasn't perfect, but fuck he was perfect!!

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
I'm so tempted right now just to play Ryu for a couple of days and see how many G1 tournies I can win. Maybe that would prove how braindead a char he is.

arstal said:
I'm so tempted right now just to play Ryu for a couple of days and see how many G1 tournies I can win. Maybe that would prove how braindead a char he is.

Good luck with that. Especially if you don't play Ken/Ryu/Akuma much.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
hikarutilmitt said:
Good luck with that. Especially if you don't play Ken/Ryu/Akuma much.

God Ryu is so scrubby to use. Not having to give effort unless someone goes equally scrubby.

I can now see why people bitch about mashing out of blockstrings so easy though. It is.

I just can't bring myself to use this braindead of a char anymore.

Where's Time Dog with the mayo?

The player who won MVC2 last year in Evo and made it to top 8 in SFIV is being dissected and criticized. Man, J.Wong was right.

I won't lie, I made light of Perfect Pringles this Sunday, but I know in my feeble heart that he would crush my Ryu/Dan/Honda/whoever and is a better player.

And I'm also curious about that SB4 DVD. I'd be willing to plink a few dollars down to cop it. I was saddened by the lack of an Evo DVD last year. The IGN deal was eh.

And Galactic, that chat is dead!! Er time I pop in there (as seldom as I do), there's never anyone in there. It's better to just post in here that you're going to play.

hoppin on PSN if anyone wants to play

edit: blah, my hands are sloppy as hell tonight. anyone ever have those days where your hands just feel off? kind of a hard feeling to explain, i'm dropping everything in training right now golfham!

arstal said:
God Ryu is so scrubby to use. Not having to give effort unless someone goes equally scrubby.

I can now see why people bitch about mashing out of blockstrings so easy though. It is.

I just can't bring myself to use this braindead of a char anymore.

There is a reason why I call Ryu Scrubby Nubby.

Because he's so easy a retarded chimpanzee can use him and have a shot at winning.

Spiderjericho said:
And Galactic, that chat is dead!! Er time I pop in there (as seldom as I do), there's never anyone in there. It's better to just post in here that you're going to play.

What time you usually get on? Whenever I'm there (usually weekdays 3-6 pm ct) there's typically about like 4-5 ppl. Also late nights.

chriskun

played against this dude on XBL today named SSSSCHOTTO, and his bison fucking handed my ass to me. reminds me of how bad the Bison/Honda matchup is though. To make matters worse he also mained Honda, so he knew of everything that Bison can get away with. His Honda was pretty brutal as well. I didn't see him drop a hands combo once.

fresquito

I'm thinking about going Gouken, Gen or Rose as my second character. Any recommendation?

My main is Ken and I want something a bit different but I'm not fond of charging characters (maybe if I had an arcade stick, but not with a d-pad).

haunts

Bacon of Hope
FindMyFarms

My bad for ducking you on our rematches. I've been so damn busy with the site I havent had any time for any haunts vs the world streams this week. :(

haunts said:
FindMyFarms

My bad for ducking you on our rematches. I've been so damn busy with the site I havent had any time for any haunts vs the world streams this week. :(

It's ok, I was busy getting slaughtered at a local session tonight T_T

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
chriskun said:
played against this dude on XBL today named SSSSCHOTTO, and his bison fucking handed my ass to me. reminds me of how bad the Bison/Honda matchup is though. To make matters worse he also mained Honda, so he knew of everything that Bison can get away with. His Honda was pretty brutal as well. I didn't see him drop a hands combo once.

Bison/Honda is even.

Bison has to rush down Honda in the matchup though, which is unusual for him.

Frosteey

Neo Member
fresquito said:
I'm thinking about going Gouken, Gen or Rose as my second character. Any recommendation?

My main is Ken and I want something a bit different but I'm not fond of charging characters (maybe if I had an arcade stick, but not with a d-pad).

Rose could be kind of frustrating to play as. She's pretty much the worst character to get knocked down as, especially in the corner. Bad fireball. Limited anti-air options. Unimpressive damage output.

But she's still fun to play as and has a few things going for her. Her slide kick is a really good move in a lot of different situations, and the scarf drill is pretty good once you've got some spacing down with it. She has a (not as good, of course) super fireball trap like Ryu, which is nice.

I really like Gen with his different stances and jumping arcs and everything, making your opponent consider a lot of different things (against a character they probably aren't that familiar with in the first place), but the execution barrier is enough that I can't quite bother with actually playing him.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Gen actually isn't too hard, ignoring his mk -> hands stuff, which you're not gonna be doing on pad anyway.

Half of his moves are charge though.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
I don't know, if Ryu is THAT easy/scrubby, then Chun must be pretty scrubby too, cause I can win a good amount of matches with her despite not even knowing all of her moves cause I play 95% Ryu.

What's are some characters where you HAVE to have good footsies to do well? I'm looking for a new practice secondary.

gkryhewy

Just getting back into this recently after playing it a ton during launch week and then setting it aside. It's amazing and awesome that even after all this time, I can find a match in seconds at any time of day, within my skill range. I was afraid that only hardcore players would be around.

Interestingly, I first tried a few player matches, and got completely wiped out all three times. I then tried a few ranked matches, and held my own okay. Finally I got into the championship mode, which I really love, since it seems to do an excellent job of matching me with people of like skill levels. I'm at G3-A, and seem to be winning about 60% of my matches right now, which is super fun.

I'm a scrubby Blanka btw ... and that's all I aspire to be :lol

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
fresquito said:
What about Gouken?

Gouken is probably more forgiving than Rose or Gen, for several reasons. He has more health, more options than Rose, and fewer execution walls than Gen.

I think he's pretty boring to play as though, personally. But whatever. Just start playing around with some characters and whichever one you have the most fun with, go for it.

Maybe consider Fei Long too. He's pretty fun.

gkrykewy said:
Just getting back into this recently after playing it a ton during launch week and then setting it aside. It's amazing and awesome that even after all this time, I can find a match in seconds at any time of day, within my skill range. I was afraid that only hardcore players would be around.

Yeah, even in G1 on XBL it didn't take me long to find matches, no matter what time of the day it was.

SG is a different story :(

Timedog said:
I don't know, if Ryu is THAT easy/scrubby, then Chun must be pretty scrubby too, cause I can win a good amount of matches with her despite not even knowing all of her moves cause I play 95% Ryu.

What's are some characters where you HAVE to have good footsies to do well? I'm looking for a new practice secondary.
I think I do better with Chun than Abel, and I have probably played as her for fewer than 30 matches :/

Joekage

Feeling extra salty that jump back fierce kick beats everything Rufus has. Not to mention that any Cammy player who knows how to TKCS is pretty much my worst enemy ever.

Nah it's cool though, I'm having major trouble transitioning my Rufus game to trying to learn Ken. I have most of Ken's links down, but Rufus is like king of the air, and it's hard getting used to spacing with Ken that I could cover in a instant with Rufus. Pretty much, I suck at footsies and need to learn asap.

GG's to everyone I played in the late night chat on PSN. Always good to get some good experience from you guys. Keep up the good work.

Threi

notag
Timedog said:
Abel, Rose, Fei Long, Guile, Gief, Dhalsim, Vega, Gen

Chun's godlike pokes get her out of a lot of shit, I will admit. IMO her neutral jump roundhouse is borderline bullshit.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Timedog said:

Surprisingly, Ken has some mad footsies with Cr.Mk and Forward Forward. Ryu is the most footsie heavy character in the game tho.

Mr Jared

Threi said:
IMO her neutral jump roundhouse is borderline gdlk.

Fixed :lol

That's probably why I love Chun so much. Don't know what you should be doing? Neutral jump. Worse thing that can happen is someone sees it coming, rushes in and tries to FADC. If that happens you either take it and jump back rh, or stomp. So gooooood.

Top Bottom