• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
_dementia said:
Honestly I don't like unashamed homophobes.

Skilled player, but yeah.

Oh, I'm aware of that. I don't condone any of that stuff either. It's just like Daigo. I like him as a player but he'd probably be the most boring guy to hang out with. But he does like eating so hmmmmmmm.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
FindMyFarms said:
I think I'm going to wax my legs, put on a wig, wear a skirt, and win me some free money at Evo :D

Go in a seifuku like that one girl did last year.

Seriously, I'd laugh if you did that- then lost.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
GalacticAE said:
Where did this homophobe stuff come from? Isn't Valle friends with Ricky O.?

I did not watch it but I think one of the streams was making fun of, well not intentionally but using the word needlessly and all.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Teknopathetic said:
That was a Mike Watson quote.
"Ours is one continued struggle against degradation sought to be inflicted upon us by the European, who desire to degrade us to the level of the raw Kaffir, whose occupation is hunting and whose sole ambition is to collect a certain number of cattle to buy a wife with, and then pass his life in indolence and nakedness." Is a Gandhi quote, that doesn't mean it merits repeating.

That doesn't really make any sense. You're comparing Valle quoting someone to...Gandhi saying something himself? Of course, that doesn't mean it's okay to say, but that'd be like saying a History teacher would be racist and whatnot because he/she recited that Gandhi quote in class.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Teknopathetic said:
That doesn't really make any sense. You're comparing Valle quoting someone to...Gandhi saying something himself?
What I'm saying is that the problem is with the message, not with whoever first came up with it.

if i made a thread on GAF about how often Indians get lumped together with 'dirty savage Africans', I imagine you wouldn't care very much that i was paraphrasing someone else, even in jest.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Lost Fragment said:
The whole females-only thing at Evo is breathtakingly offensive, and I'm not even a girl.
i dont think its offensive

they're just trying to encourage more chicks to join the scenes. Some might just be intimidated by all the ...male bonding

"What I'm saying is that the problem is with the message, not with whoever first came up with it."

You're ignoring that Valle made it quite clear (distancing himself quite far) that he was quoting Watson, especially at that part. And while it doesn't excuse the language whatsoever, the message that Valle was trying to pass along wasn't losing is for homosexuals.

"if i made a thread on GAF about how often Indians get lumped together with 'dirty savage Africans', I imagine you wouldn't care very much that i was paraphrasing someone else, even in jest."

These analogies that don't really connect. Let's take it back a step because you're making the argument into something else.

"As non-pc as the word may be, saying "losing is for faggots" doesn't automatically make someone a homophobe."

^ This is the point. Especially when he wasn't saying it directly himself.

Majestros

You can't handle the truth!
Um, yeah, i really don't want to get baited into this discussion but Valle and Watson are just plain ghetto. It was a dumb word to use but they were were just trying to get a point across, and from what i understand it was kind of a weird situation because the friendly atmosphere was starting to get in the way of competition.

So yeah, it was insensitive, not malicious. In all the time i've known those fools, i've never seen them exclude anyone or them make anyone feel uncomfortable based on their personal life. In fact, for all the shit talking Watson does, i've never once seen him start a rivalry. It's always someone else picking a fight.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
also,

the female tourney at evo, im gonna rename it to the markman invitational

winner is gonna get a stick.... KNOW WHAT IM SAYIN

just kidding ya'll.

lighten up

we're hood.

MarkMan said:
also,

the female tourney at evo, im gonna rename it to the markman invitational

winner is gonna get a stick.... KNOW WHAT IM SAYIN

just kidding ya'll.

lighten up

we're hood.

FFFFUUUUUU dunno if i wanna enter nemore

AZ Greg

GGs earlier jam86.

Any reason you've stopped playing Balrog and started focusing on Vega? Just curious since you're Balrog was pretty solid and he seemed to fit your style. I found him to be more threatening than your Vega.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
movienew.gif

Spiderjericho said:
Valle/Combofiend won that SBO qualifier. I just think when SFIV came out he wasn't too heavy (he was playing but not grinding like he is now). So he wasn't a presence at Devastation, etc. Hopefully, he goes to Devastation, Evo, etc.

But winning LA Riots, Bar Fights II, 2nd at Norcal Regionals, 2nd at WCW shows he's definitely one of the top five players in the country. The exhibition he put against Marn, Flash was telling.

I'd like to see the run back of him and Ricky, a Choi match and maybe Andre or Sanford.

And the games at Evo sounds aiight.
Eh SBO Quals.. if you watched them.. you saw Valle suck suck suck. It was all Combofiend pratically with his sick Viper.

Was Bar Fights 2 a full blown out tourney? Or wasnt it large headlining matches - And then EC came in and ripped them a new one..?

I agree he is consistently up near the top though - Which is awesome but he just hasn't had a dominance like he talks.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
I think the Ryu vs. Ryu matchup might be my worst matchup. I've never gotten beat up as bad by anyone as I have with RiceEater and Roxicodone.

Why am I so bad at this matchup when I know everything Ryu can/will do?????????

edit: I think it, since its a 100% even matchup where no one has any distinct exploitable advantages over the other, it comes down to patience, and execution, both of which I lack. Also my footsies/ground game suck.

AZ Greg said:
GGs earlier jam86.

Any reason you've stopped playing Balrog and started focusing on Vega? Just curious since you're Balrog was pretty solid and he seemed to fit your style. I found him to be more threatening than your Vega.

GG's
A few reasons, but the biggest is I just hit a wall with rog. I can't do his BnB's 70% of the time, so once people figure out my throwing game and my overuse of the overhead into headbutt I'm just plain free. Also I needed a secondary and Vega is pretty fun :D

Your sim is def improving, although it's got a ways to get to that level of your vega. :D

Nose Master

Timedog said:
I think the Ryu vs. Ryu matchup might be my worst matchup. I've never gotten beat up as bad by anyone as I have with RiceEater and Roxicodone.

Why am I so bad at this matchup when I know everything Ryu can/will do?????????

edit: I think it, since its a 100% even matchup where no one has any distinct exploitable advantages over the other, it comes down to patience, and execution, both of which I lack. Also my footsies/ground game suck.

In your defense, Roxio is fucking ridiculous. I got absolutely destroyed by him last night.

GGs to Ploid and TostitoSalsa

sorry i had to jam on ya Tostito, i owe you a few matches.

Ploid is comin up w/ Rufus, gettin good!

still trying to get all my timing and combos back, i can't believe how often i'm dropping these things, even my old main Rose i'm dropping BnB combos. i hate myself.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Lost Fragment said:
The whole females-only thing at Evo is breathtakingly offensive, and I'm not even a girl.

how is that offensive? I can't believe they don't let ladies play in the 'insert sports tournament here'

men get scary serious about videogames, women not so much, there is going to be obvious levels of skill difference.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
GGs Hito. Lag was super bad also.

catfish said:
how is that offensive? I can't believe they don't let ladies play in the 'insert sports tournament here'

men get scary serious about videogames, women not so much, there is going to be obvious levels of skill difference.

I agree. Maybe it'll get more women playing too.

Majestros

You can't handle the truth!
So i finally got around to taking a few SF4 screenshots - four, to be exact. They turned out okay, i think.

Street Fighter IV Screenshot Special

No console characters because i uh, don't have them unlocked. Unlocking them at 9fps would take me a month. Someone requested Darkstalkers so i'm gonna give that series a shot starting next week.

Garcian

Majestros said:
So i finally got around to taking a few SF4 screenshots - four, to be exact. They turned out okay, i think.

Street Fighter IV Screenshot Special

No console characters because i uh, don't have them unlocked. Unlocking them at 9fps would take me a month. Someone requested Darkstalkers so i'm gonna give that series a shot starting next week.

That Viper/Bison shot is absolutely mint.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Dl a save file Maj. Since you're using PC version and all.

$100 to someone who can make me a perfect KOS-MOS version of Viper. Blue flames and all.

Joekage

EraldoCoil said:
GGs to Ploid and TostitoSalsa

sorry i had to jam on ya Tostito, i owe you a few matches.

Ploid is comin up w/ Rufus, gettin good!

still trying to get all my timing and combos back, i can't believe how often i'm dropping these things, even my old main Rose i'm dropping BnB combos. i hate myself.

GG's bro. No prob, my Rufus is here anytime you wanna go haha.

Man, so salty after losing to this Ken player who talked trash to me earlier. The worst thing in the world is to lose to a trash talking scrub after you talked shit to him back and then losing to a wake up ultra. But I'm better now that I played a few matches against some of GAF and had one of my many late night convos with FMF haha. Denton ain't free no more, at least I'm on my way to make that statement true haha.

ggs timedog. im starting to realize that as i play for some reason my hands get extremely cold and i start losing pretty bad. i could never figure out why i'd start out playing really good, then go on a 10 game losing streak until today. i had to sit on my hands between games and in like 15s my ass was cold too :lol . think im gonna have to start playing with gloves or something.

XenoRaven

bdizzle said:
ggs timedog. im starting to realize that as i play for some reason my hands get extremely cold and i start losing pretty bad. i could never figure out why i'd start out playing really good, then go on a 10 game losing streak until today. i had to sit on my hands between games and in like 15s my ass was cold too :lol . think im gonna have to start playing with gloves or something.
Sounds like you need a SF Snuggie.

Top Bottom