• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

arstal said:
I'm used to Bisons who try DR/headstomp shenanigans, or keepout pokes, not rushdown.

Even so rushing down a good Honda is suicide for Bison. Honda deals a lot of dmg through his normals alone add a landed headbutt and yeah Bison has to work hard to get a life lead back.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
stabicron7 said:
Even so rushing down a good Honda is suicide for Bison. Honda deals a lot of dmg through his normals alone add a landed headbutt and yeah Bison has to work hard to get a life lead back.

You just got to get to the range where you can jump in, and the headbutt won't work (jump fwd)

With his speed it's not that hard (not that easy vs a good Honda, but doable).

Honda's air d tends to have long startup.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
LeMaximilian said:
Surprisingly, Ken has some mad footsies with Cr.Mk and Forward Forward. Ryu is the most footsie heavy character in the game tho.

I hate footsies with ryu cause his attacks are so slow.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Lots of footsies in these matches. Maybe that's why I suck at the Honda matchup.

valle actually is pretty gdlk.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
how can I stop ryu from being so slow it's easy for people to just jump all over him and make him see birds ? :(

I'm mashing srk like I should... it's not working.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Timedog said:
Okay, Valle is way too into himself. His pride is his greatest weakness, he'll never beat Daigo.

Is this troll bait? Cuz he beat him twice in tournament already... lol.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Super Battle Opera 2010 lineup announced!

http://www.versuscity.net/2010/01/28/super-battle-opera-2010-lineup/

Category A
Street Fighter IV (3 on 3)
Tekken 6 Bloodline Rebellion (3 on 3)
Blazblue: Continuum Shift (2 on 2)
Arcana Heart 3 (2 on 2)
King of Fighters 2002UM (1 on 1)
Virtua Fighter 5R (3 on 3)

Category B
Guilty Gear AC (3 on 3)
Street Fighter 3: Third Strike (3 on 3)
Sengoku Basara X (1 on 1)
SSF2 Super Turbo (3 on 3)

LOL @ fucking BASARA being there. :lol :lol :lol :lol

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Who in their right mind shouldn't?

I always miss these weds things. Valle pretty much has gotten to a level where he can beat anybody in the U.S.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
He seems MIA lately. I hope he doesn't turn into another Gootecks. More of a personality than a player now, although we do need many more people like that just not the best U.S player.

noisome07

Banned
Kadey said:
He seems MIA lately. I hope he doesn't turn into another Gootecks. More of a personality than a player now, although we do need many more people like that just not the best U.S player.

He got a job as a manager at Family Fun Arcade and runs this thing on Friday nights where you can play for free (I think). He posted somewhere on SRK about it but I couldn't find =/

edit, found it:
http://www.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=222190

Oichi said:

Category A
Arcana Heart 3 (2 on 2)

Category B
Guilty Gear AC (3 on 3)

Oh man, I don't like this at all :/

rocK`

Banned
Oichi said:

Category A
Arcana Heart 3 (2 on 2)

Category B
Guilty Gear AC (3 on 3)

I'm sure you went, but the winner of TVC (which is not here) basically (I don't speak Japanese) said that TVC was a trash game and to put Basara in there, or at least thats what I took from his dancing around with the game and single handedly owning TvC.

akachan ningen said:
Wow, you're going? Good luck!

Nah, not going. I was going to try to qualify, but I don't wanna be playing sf4 in quals leading up to August when Super is going to be out by April. Also it means that Japans competitive scene is going to be playing Vanilla as well up to August, while we're training in super for Evo (july)

rocK` said:
I'm sure you went, but the winner of TVC (which is not here) basically (I don't speak Japanese) said that TVC was a trash game and to put Basara in there, or at least thats what I took from his dancing around with the game and single handedly owning TvC.

Yeah, TvC is so ridiculously turtley it's not even funny. Anyone that thinks SF4 is turtley in the least should stay far far away from TvC.

Threi

notag
FindMyFarms said:
Yeah, TvC is so ridiculously turtley it's not even funny. Anyone that thinks SF4 is turtley in the least should stay far far away from TvC.
I've never seen it played that way, especially not UAS (which people are still trying to figure out)

What exactly about the game would warrant the turtle style?

Timedog said:
Wasn't aware that Daigo had lost an American SF4 tourney. My bad.

First Sanford, now Valle. Hatersgonnahate.gif. Where you think the U.S./Japan rivalry started...with Valle/Daigo. Youtube has videos of the A3 championship. Valle barely lost to Daigo. There's also a Daigo/Valle match from one of the Evos. Valle Won.

It's not nuthugging, etc. Just history. SF2 era it was Tomo/Watson/Schaefer, Alpha era it was Choi/Valle, TS/CVS2/MVC2 era it was Ortiz/Wong/whomever.

And I can't hate on ARCADIA's SBO games...considering...the name of the magazine...and the environment. Capcom needs to release SSFIV in the arcade or the Japanese scene is going to stay stuck on OG IV and random nomads playing SSFIV.

depths20XX

Spiderjericho said:
First Sanford, now Valle. Hatersgonnahate.gif. Where you think the U.S./Japan rivalry started...with Valle/Daigo.

Yeah, but he was asking about Valle vs Daigo SF4 era, not 15 years ago... I don't think Valle has beaten Daigo in SF4. At least I haven't heard about it.

Threi said:
I've never seen it played that way, especially not UAS (which people are still trying to figure out)

What exactly about the game would warrant the turtle style?

UP back is really good, you can roman cancel(fadc) unsafe moves/whiffs, bursting is really easy (2 bars, can do as many times as you want in a match), and in the JP version you could burst the burst, but it was taken out of US version.

It's really fun at the casual level. But once you get "good" at it, it turns into a turtle fest, which is why most of the top players got bored with the game and called it garbage. That's not my own personal sentiment however, just what I heard.

Spiderjericho said:
And I can't hate on ARCADIA's SBO games...considering...the name of the magazine...and the environment. Capcom needs to release SSFIV in the arcade or the Japanese scene is going to stay stuck on OG IV and random nomads playing SSFIV.

Yeah, I can't hate on Arcadia since their tourneys are arcade only. But imma hate all day on the fact that Japan and US might be playing different games. Blame Capcom for no arcade release I guess?

FindMyFarms said:
Yeah, I can't hate on Arcadia since their tourneys are arcade only. But imma hate all day on the fact that Japan and US might be playing different games. Blame Capcom for no arcade release I guess?

Yeah, I'm not quite sure of their release strategy. The U.S. is still playing SFIV. The game is hella old in Japan, so why not release the game in Japanese arcades first. Like I said before, this would of provided location testing, etc and would've allowed communities everywhere to play the game. They could've kept the Anime, bonus stages, etc an extra in the console version.

And Depths, I don't think Valle has faced Daigo in the SF era (but don't quote me). Daigo has fought Sanford, Justin, Andre, Arturo, Gootecks, Ryan Hart, etc but I haven't seem him face Valle or Choi.

I think if Valle is going to do these concept matches, why doesn't he invite Ricky O. down there?

Valle is good but he hasn't really proven it in many tournaments for SF4.. other then what? LA Riots with 7 others? Yay.

I mean the guy would rape me easily but he talks alot of crap for being someone who wins in casuals or in a 40 degree garage as oppose to someone whos won something like NECX or N. Cal Regionals or.. WCW

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
I remember someone in SoCal hosting a female tournament (he seemed kinda like a douche though, but that might have been because his gf was really attractive :x) and that was kinda cool because it was more a "hey, fighting games is cool for you too!" kinda thing and everyone was having fun, but at EVO, which will most likely have prizes and they will pretend it isn't some sort of retard bracket... ? That's pretty shit. Hope for some backlash on that one.

Brobzoid said:
I remember someone in SoCal hosting a female tournament (he seemed kinda like a douche though, but that might have been because his gf was really attractive :x) and that was kinda cool because it was more a "hey, fighting games is cool for you too!" kinda thing and everyone was having fun, but at EVO, which will most likely have prizes and they will pretend it isn't some sort of retard bracket... ? That's pretty shit. Hope for some backlash on that one.
shoo from Arcade Infinity? Yeah he has a pretty girlfriend.

Definitely with you on the backlash sentiment. I'm gonna go "Dear Internet" up in this piece. Nerd rage at max.

Valle/Combofiend won that SBO qualifier. I just think when SFIV came out he wasn't too heavy (he was playing but not grinding like he is now). So he wasn't a presence at Devastation, etc. Hopefully, he goes to Devastation, Evo, etc.

But winning LA Riots, Bar Fights II, 2nd at Norcal Regionals, 2nd at WCW shows he's definitely one of the top five players in the country. The exhibition he put against Marn, Flash was telling.

I'd like to see the run back of him and Ricky, a Choi match and maybe Andre or Sanford.

And the games at Evo sounds aiight.

Valle has been very consistent, just not dominant. He's definitely up there with the best of the best in the US, but neither him or anybody else is on Justin's level yet as far as US players. As for him vs Daigo. Call me crazy but I think his chances of beating Daigo is just as good or maybe even better then Justin's because it would be a Ryu mirror match. I have no basis for this, it's just a hunch :p

Top Bottom