• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Joekage

_dementia said:
MarkMan, will your company be selling the keychain separately?
I would love one of those things.

Unfortunately no. Markman said it in his post at SRK that it's just a promotional thing and that they would NOT be going on sale seperately. I'm sure they could make tons of money doing it, but it's nice to have something be limited, ya know?

Is there a place someone can point me to in getting one of these elusive street fighter snuggies?

Will they deliver to Europe, I need one before Super drops.

XenoRaven

bdizzle said:
can u recommend one?
and yes im serious
I actually don't have one. I've heard they're great though. And since they have Street Fighter characters on them, it makes you look like less of a douche (depending on the viewing audience).

DryEyeRelief said:
Hey guys, how do you hold your stick?
Like a gorilla. That's half the reason my execution is so terrible.

XenoRaven said:
Like a gorilla. That's half the reason my execution is so terrible.

2vinhg5.jpg

DryEyeRelief said:

I do it the way Wong recommends (like an Ok sign)

I haven't been playing that much...but will try to start getting back into it this weekend. Feel free to hit me up guys.

DryEyeRelief said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsME37GrqjY

I use the wineglass method. But I think that's been my barrier on trying to execute BnBs for charge characters, because it's hard to tell whether I'm in neutral or not. I'm thinking about just using the "ok hand sign" for the stick.

I wanted to post about this. I just started learning how to play on a stick with charge characters. So I ended up using a method with the shaft between my pinky and ring finger. My thumb on top and my other fingers wrapped around the ball.

I'm learning to play with motion characters and I find using the wineglass method to be much better for execution. Specifically facing right and doing FADC ultras.

The main problem comes when doing the dash Ultra, I get an EX move instead. I don't want to switch to the wineglass hold because it kills my knuckles. I'm gonna keep practicing so I can play Guy in Super.

Majestros

You can't handle the truth!
Kadey said:
Dl a save file Maj. Since you're using PC version and all.
Yeah someone posted a comment about that and provided the youtube tutorial link, but i think i'd rather i’d rather do it the legit way, even if it means i’ll probably never get around to unlocking Akuma, Gouken, and Seth. Anyway i'm not gonna do much else with the PC version unless i get an urge to take more screenshots of 3D Sonic Booms.

marathonfool said:
I wanted to post about this. I just started learning how to play on a stick with charge characters. So I ended up using a method with the shaft between my pinky and ring finger. My thumb on top and my other fingers wrapped around the ball.

This my method.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
DryEyeRelief said:
I use the wineglass method. But I think that's been my barrier on trying to execute BnBs for charge characters, because it's hard to tell whether I'm in neutral or not.
In all likelihood the grip isn't your main problem. Practice pushing down and other directions cleanly over and over. Get a decent feel for where your stick is and where you're moving it.

Also pay attention to the sound switches make when activated.

Leunam

The way I tell my friends to practice QCF/grip is to pick Abel, get right in a characters face, and roll around them over and over. This way they can figure out a comfortable way to do QCFs on their own.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Leunam said:
The way I tell my friends to practice QCF/grip is to pick Abel, get right in a characters face, and roll around them over and over. This way they can figure out a comfortable way to do QCFs on their own.
And for double QCFs, you can go into training mode, give Gen infinite meter, and super over and over for as long as you can.

Cowie

DryEyeRelief said:

I use the wineglass method. But I think that's been my barrier on trying to execute BnBs for charge characters, because it's hard to tell whether I'm in neutral or not. I'm thinking about just using the "ok hand sign" for the stick.

I'm a big fan of the OK hand sign, partially because it seems to be the method that best utilizes your thumb (which as a console gamer is my favorite appendage), and partially because my bigass hands don't really cooperate with any other method I've tried. For the creepy celebrity stalker in us all, it's the method Justin Wong recommended in one of the Q&A's on his site, iirc. My only complaint is that I don't have great control over dashes in this hold, it almost feels like I'm mashing them out. Though its gotten better with practice.

Threi

notag
use to only use 2 fingers and thumb on the balltop only, switched to pinky and ring underneath the shaft and everything else holding the ball.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Good lord. I ran into this guy named WhistIesGoWOOOO yesterday in player matches. Before this guy, the only other people in recent memory who've kicked my ass that badly were Saqs and Grifter. Only this guy used like like half the cast. It ended up being like 50 to 20 him, and the only character I could win somewhat consistently with was Viper.

It's stuff like that that makes me hesitant to start telling myself I'm good. 'cause the moment I start getting content is the moment I start to hit a ceiling.

DryEyeRelief said:

I use sort of a modified "eagle claw, I guess. I put 2 fingers on the other side of the stick instead of 1, and I wrap my hand around the stick more deeply.

Vulcan sign. Index finger, middle, and thumb holding the top, the others just chillin'.

When I do QCFs, sometimes my hand smoothly opens and I stop gripping the balltop. I don't know why. :(

V_Arnold

Lost Fragment,

Good games, thanks for playing, even if there was some very weird disconnect at our last round... I almost believed my whole connection is down, but nope..

Very, very solid Cammy. I felt like I totally have the chance to win against it my Viper, but here being 01:30 am does not really helped me - but thank you again. And yeah, my Chun Li is kind of a drastic, raw, and not comboing at all... but she does that job with that style quite often.

Thanks ^^

Kaako

Felium Defensor
GGs GalacticAE. :D
I swear I'm the biggest scrub on gaf man. You guys just play on a whole different level. Buuuut, I still have a blast. SF4 is probably the ONLY game that I enjoy even when I get my ass handed to me time and time again.

wine glass method, shaft between middle and index finger, thumb on top.

as long as you don't hold the stick like your jacking it off then you're pretty much ok.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
EraldoCoil said:
wine glass method, shaft between middle and index finger, thumb on top.

as long as you don't hold the stick like your jacking it off then you're pretty much ok.
The monkey paw is also bad. No leverage against the stick and everything is arm motion.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
V_Arnold said:
Lost Fragment,

Good games, thanks for playing, even if there was some very weird disconnect at our last round... I almost believed my whole connection is down, but nope..

Very, very solid Cammy. I felt like I totally have the chance to win against it my Viper, but here being 01:30 am does not really helped me - but thank you again. And yeah, my Chun Li is kind of a drastic, raw, and not comboing at all... but she does that job with that style quite often.

Thanks ^^

Yeah, good games, little more lag than what I'm used to though.

You're somewhere in Europe right?

GGs to drohne..

Had like 20-30 matches agst him. Obviously you can tell Fuerte is my main.. Unfortunately i had my controls set up for PPP ultra chars.. I would have ultra punshed more with Fuerte but i cant use the damn ultra on the left shoulder button on reaction on my pad lol.. Only the right!

My Rufus and Ryu are so bleh hahaha.. Thanks for raping them :p I'm happy I got that low crumple scoop into full ultra with Ken though. I was :D

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
ggs! didn't look like your fuerte needed the ultra against me -- i have no idea how to approach that matchup, and throwing out random shit is good enough against most of the fuertes i see online. FISH FOR AIRTHROW! RANDOM JUMP BACK FIERCE! USELESS GUILE SWEEP! WAKE UP ULTRA THAT DOESN"T HIT ANY OF FUERTE'S STUFF BUT WHAT THE HELL!

played another good fuerte last night, cheapocrespo or something, and he wrecked me too

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Was having a mega bad night, Saqs rocked me...some other Viper dood rocked me, then I started to get back into a groove when fighting JR Rodriguez. After that, I think I went near 80 matches with Ed Ma and really started to realize how different the level of competition is between many players.

Doesn't help that Ken's got a rough ass time doing almost anything in SF4, but mega refreshing to fight against people that are that damn good. Vids later.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
HELP

been trying to improve my ryu and somehow, I've lost the ability to do a super and ultra when I want and a fucking uppercut comes out everytime. it just started happening today and it's cost me about 5 games. wtf!!

catfish said:
HELP

been trying to improve my ryu and somehow, I've lost the ability to do a super and ultra when I want and a fucking uppercut comes out everytime. it just started happening today and it's cost me about 5 games. wtf!!

everyone has their off days, i've had those days where my hands just fuck up everything, just rest up for a bit and get back later. if problems persist please consult someone that can give better advice than me.

K.Sabot

catfish said:
HELP

If you're holding a stick, your hand might be at a slightly different angle than you're used to. Depending if you're on your game that day, you might notice it, but most of the time you won't since holding a stick wrong probably constitutes a bad day.

Same would go for control sticks, the thumb could be slightly off balance.

It also helps to start from down back motion on your QCF motions.

Ok after more matches, I'm convinced that Gief - Seth is almost 5-5. Played buk a bunch in this matchup yesterday (me gief, him seth.) Buk's seth isn't better than Arturo's, but definitely better than Filipino Champs (champ said so himself) Both sides have to play perfect, but if either side makes a mistake, then you die. Gief gets in once and it's damn near over for Seth. But if he doesn't get that one entry, then he'll pretty much lose.

MIMIC

Banned
drohne said:
ggs! didn't look like your fuerte needed the ultra against me -- i have no idea how to approach that matchup, and throwing out random shit is good enough against most of the fuertes i see online. FISH FOR AIRTHROW! RANDOM JUMP BACK FIERCE! USELESS GUILE SWEEP! WAKE UP ULTRA THAT DOESN"T HIT ANY OF FUERTE'S STUFF BUT WHAT THE HELL!

I was reading on the SRK forums about the Guile-Fuerte match-up and someone suggested that when you score a knockdown on Guile, "Just go apeshit". :lol

I think Guile's safest option is the wake-up focus attack. But it really is just a guessing game when Fuerte knocks Guile down.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
This is Ryukichi-kun, a 13 year old Ryu player. He's also entering Japan's SF4 national qualifers today. I'm going to the tournament in an hour or so to play, but I'm looking forward to seeing just how good this kid is. He looks REALLY impressive in this vid IMO, considering his age.

http://d.hatena.ne.jp/video/niconico/sm8203249

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
eva01 said:
Max, how did the matches go with Edma?

Pretty well, think I went around 17-36 with Ken vs Akuma. Took awhile to warm up...but Ken's glaring problems are really apparent against the more top tier characters, except for Sagat. I usually have no problems against him for some reason...

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
eva01 said:
looking forward to checking out the vids. You have really great execution from watching your vids

Thanks much, have a 1st to 10 with JR Rodriguez from yesterday too...but I think he was having a bad night, haha.

Top Bottom