• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

outsidah said:

I don't see the big deal with my post. It is supposed to ship Tuesday but I keep hearing rumblings that it might hit earlier.

You guys are wound up really tight closer to release date aren't you? I'd love to get the game before Tuesday but if it ships when it ships, so be it.

The fact that you are keeping track of my posts is sweet though. :D

Guled said:
where did you see it?

Here at Game Centre in Toronto. Didn't pick it up because I'm more than content with what I'll get in the mini-guide in the CE. At least I hope that mini-guide is any good.

outsidah

DoctorWho said:
I don't see the big deal with my post. It is supposed to ship Tuesday but I keep hearing rumblings that it might hit earlier.

You guys are wound up really tight closer to release date aren't you? I'd love to get the game before Tuesday but if it ships when it ships, so be it.

The fact that you are keeping track of my posts is sweet though. :D

I just found it ironic that you would post a day later about you not seeing the game in the store when the day before you tell someone about why they would expect to find it there.

And no I'm not keeping track of your posts, I've just been stalking this thread for SFIV news since I'm suffering from SFIV-itis in hopes someone finds it somwhere early :lol

I cant wait should have ordered JPN version!!

h3ro

Oichi or anyone else that picked up the game already, can you guys post more gameplay screen shots??

God.. I feel like Homer in that Butterfinger commercial where Bart eats the last candy bar and Homer says "Ahh... can I at least smell your breath?"

Guled

DoctorWho said:
Here at Game Centre in Toronto. Didn't pick it up because I'm more than content with what I'll get in the mini-guide in the CE. At least I hope that mini-guide is any good.
Just for reference how much did it cost?

outsidah said:
I just found it ironic that you would post a day later about you not seeing the game in the store when the day before you tell someone about why they would expect to find it there.

And no I'm not keeping track of your posts, I've just been stalking this thread for SFIV news since I'm suffering from SFIV-itis in hopes someone finds it somwhere early :lol

I cant wait should have ordered JPN version!!

I still want to know why any store would be getting it early. I haven't heard any concrete proof but people keep talking like it will happen. Either way, I'll keep a look out for it.

Guled said:
Just for reference how much did it cost?

To be honest, I didn't ask. If I go back there tomorrow I'll definitely ask them. They had about two-three copies if anyone in the T.O. area is interested.

h3ro said:
Oichi or anyone else that picked up the game already, can you guys post more gameplay screen shots??

God.. I feel like Homer in that Butterfinger commercial where Bart eats the last candy bar and Homer says "Ahh... can I at least smell your breath?"

Not the best quality, but

FILE0448.jpg

Barrett2

Osaka said:
I really need something else to think about for a week. This is unbearable :(

I bought a new DS game yesterday to keep my mind off of this, and its great, but I really just want this. I don't even care about KZ2 anymore I am so hyped for SF4.

Osaka said:
I really need something else to think about for a week. This is unbearable :(

I've been playing SF2THDR to get ready. I haven't really played a fighting game since college so I am now realizing how much I suck. Part of it is probably the 360 pad but I can't blame that all the time.

02130917232.jpg

HELLO GAF!!!!! FINALLY GOT IT!!!

called gamestop to check if they had my ps3 stick but they told me they got delayed till march, but luckily they had a few extra 360 sticks! so i canceled my ps3 oreder and got the 360 stick instead :D they still had a few extra sticks too......

DihcarEM

lawblob said:
I bought a new DS game yesterday to keep my mind off of this, and its great, but I really just want this. I don't even care about KZ2 anymore I am so hyped for SF4.

I was right in the middle of Kenzan, no chance of me finishing it up now.
And in 4hours time my 12h-shift is over, guess what i'm gonna do when i get home? Yep, play for another 3hours that i should be sleeping.
I've canceled Killzone2,RE5.
SF4 has been the only game ever to make me focus a 100% on it, i'm not a cheater anymore:D .

EraldoCoil said:
*snip*

HELLO GAF!!!!! FINALLY GOT IT!!!

called gamestop to check if they had my ps3 stick but they told me they got delayed till march, but luckily they had a few extra 360 sticks! so i canceled my ps3 oreder and got the 360 stick instead :D they still had a few extra sticks too......

WTF... is that a movelist card? Why didn't my TE come with one of those :mad:

GQman2121

Banned
So this March GS situation is definitely true. After reading about it I called just to hear it out of someone's mouth and sure enough they confirmed that they had indeed received the email. Unbelievable........

To make things worse, the guy mentioned that they're hosting one of the tourneys at his store.

Gamestop employee Rob
- "You could win an arcade cabinet!"

Me
- "So you're telling me there's a chance that I could win an actual Street Fighter IV mechine with two TE joysticks, before receiving my pre-order?"

Rob while slightly laughing
- "Yeah, I guess I didn't think about it like that, but that's a possibility."

Me
- ".......That's not funny Rob."

Click.

I'm done with this thread until I at lease have the game. You people posting pics of your games and sticks are just killing me. :(

Blueblur1

I went by a GameStop nearby and they told me to expect the sticks they're getting on Wednesday when then start selling the games. If there's an extra, it will be mine!

BdoUK

It doesn't look like Gamestop is going to come through with my TE preorder before SFIV hits next week.

I preordered the TE on November 30th, just a week or so after the preorders opened I believe. Now my local store is telling me I won't get my 360 TE until March. What the hell? I know there is a limited quantity but I knew this before I preordered, hence why I did so very early on.

To make matters worse a number of other Gamestop locations in Lexington received their TE preorders today. Gamestop's excuse is "we ship to the high volume stores first then to lower volume stores". Maybe it's just me but it seems like they should fill preorders on a first come first serve basis.

I'm really going to be bummed if I don't have my TE stick by Tuesday :(.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
turns out the import store was holding a copy for me after all :eek:

i've got the 360 version -- gamertag 'drohne,' add me if you've got an early copy and want to play later

FINALLY got to swap the ps3 stick GS.com shipped me for the 360 stick. Gonna try it out here in a minute. I got lucky, it was the last one they had. The manager was actually happy to get a PS3 stick in to sell, I guess they didn't get many of them (if any). I'm hoping I don't play too horrible with this, I haven't played a street fighter game with a stick in a loooooong time.

Saint Gregory said:
WTF... is that a movelist card? Why didn't my TE come with one of those :mad:

yep, it's a move list card.....

the regular fightpad plays like a dream, a definite buy for anyone that can't find/afford a stick

Yeah, Fry's had a shit load of regular edition fightsticks (for both Ps3 and 360) they also had one Tourny Edition. I was tempted, but I just opted for a regular edition.

It's pretty slick. This is the first time I've ever used a stick in my life, so my game has imporved and worsened at the same time.

I can perform combos easier (i.e, jab, jab, weak kick ---> dragon punch). But overall, I feel a bit slow and clumsy when it comes to accurate diagonal jumping.

I'm sure once muscle memory kicks in my game will improve in all facets.

The only thing I don't like about the stick is that the base seems kind of small. My left hand droops over the edge a bit, and I don't like the square bottom. Does the TE have the square bottom as well?

Darkman M

Gouken shouldn't be called a shoto, he plays nothing like one fun as hell though. I accidentally just countered cammys super caught by surprise i was like wtff!!! :lol

Got my HRAP a couple hours ago feels great i just gotta train myself to be a strictly stick player now, no more d-pad for me.Gonna be awhile before i attempt online though:lol

Ive been playing like eight hours straight so i can confirm this game surpasses all the hype on it.

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
SwitchBladeKneegrow said:
FINALLY got to swap the ps3 stick GS.com shipped me for the 360 stick. Gonna try it out here in a minute. I got lucky, it was the last one they had. The manager was actually happy to get a PS3 stick in to sell, I guess they didn't get many of them (if any). I'm hoping I don't play too horrible with this, I haven't played a street fighter game with a stick in a loooooong time.

Wait.. they shipped you a ps3 stick as well? What the fuck?

EDIT:

Just saw my card statement, looks like my bank's holding ~100 euros on something, so that means that my replacement stick might've been shipped, seeing as they shouldnt bill me before shipping, right?

To clarify, they refunded me the full price and made a new order with the same money right away, and let me keep the PS3 stick they initially sent me. So basicly I'm going to end up paying just the delivery costs for my 360 stick once I sell this baby :lol

C- Warrior said:
Yeah, Fry's had a shit load of regular edition fightsticks (for both Ps3 and 360) they also had one Tourny Edition. I was tempted, but I just opted for a regular edition.

It's pretty slick. This is the first time I've ever used a stick in my life, so my game has imporved and worsened at the same time.

I can combos easier (i.e, jab, jab, weak kick ---> dragon punch). But overall, I feel a bit slow and clumsy when it comes to accurate diagonal jumping.

I'm sure once muscle memory kicks in my game will improve in all facets.

The only thing I don't like about the stick is that the base seems kind of small. My left hand droops over the edge a bit, and I don't like the square bottom. Does the TE have the square bottom as well?

i find the base to be fine, it is kinda weird adjusting to the square gate.

EraldoCoil said:
i find the base to be fine, it is kinda weird adjusting to the square gate.

It's not like it's bothering me. But my left hand droops a bit over the edge.

As for the square gate -- does the TE have a square gate?

And why a square gate...does that hold any advantages than an oct-gate?

C- Warrior said:

The HRAPs and TE come with a square gate. Sanwa's usually come with square gates. Personally, it's been several months, and I'm still getting used to using Japanese sticks...as I used American sticks all my life.

The biggest adjustment would be doing dragon punch and double fireball motions.

C- Warrior said:

i know that the TE has a square gate, as to the advantages of it, you'll probably have to ask someone who has spent a lot of time with it.

C- Warrior said:

It's just your preference really. I prefer a octo gate myself. It feels terrible doing half circle motions on a square gate.

bumpkin

So in light of GameStop bending me over a trash can on my TE Stick preorder, I decided to check around town for any 360 joysticks; VF5, DOA4 or otherwise. I came up empty-handed, but I did find fightpads at GameStop (of all places). They had a PS3 Ken one and a 360 Chun-Li one.

Having said that, I don't suppose anyone here was able to find an Xbox 360 TE Stick or has an extra and would be willing to exchange a favor for a fightpad? I'll pay you back the difference -- $110 ($150 - $40) -- plus shipping and some extra for a finder's fee. I just really want... No, I NEED an TE Stick for next week. Can anyone help me out? :D If so, please send me a PM!

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
going to my local 7-11, even though i am 99% sure they don't have the game

after that, i'm going out with my boys to get wasted

EMBee99

all that he wants is another baby
Being fine with the regular ol' Fightstick, I'm curious if any of ya'll have seen these n the wild. I have one on pre-order from Amazon, but its looking like that isn't going to ship until a week after the game's out.

EMBee99 said:
Being fine with the regular ol' Fightstick, I'm curious if any of ya'll have seen these n the wild. I have one on pre-order from Amazon, but its looking like that isn't going to ship until a week after the game's out.

Yeah, as I said on the previous page -- FRY's Electronics has them on the whole. The one in Vegas had about 8 PS3's and 4 360 fight stick's left when I went around 6:30 pm. So they should have them the rest of the night and probably even tomorrow morning.

Although make sure you around well, the 360 fightsticks were in this obscure corner in the video game section...

vg260

Ugh. Got this in response to my inquiry from Amazon:

Please allow me to explain that sometimes unexpected fluctuations in supply can add time to our original availability estimate. We have learned that " Xbox 360 Street Fighter IV FightStick Tournament Edition" is now back- ordered, and our supplier has not been able to let us know exactly when they expect to have more in stock.

Sounds like they might not be getting any at launch

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
My Amazon TE stick order still says the 24th. All this stick supply issue talk is making me nervous, though.

Top Bottom