• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

PhatSaqs

Banned
Darkman M said:
Gouken shouldn't be called a shoto, he plays nothing like one fun as hell though. I accidentally just countered cammys super caught by surprise i was like wtff!!! :lol

Got my HRAP a couple hours ago feels great i just gotta train myself to be a strictly stick player now, no more d-pad for me.Gonna be awhile before i attempt online though:lol

Ive been playing like eight hours straight so i can confirm this game surpasses all the hype on it.
Lets get some games in when you get a chance :D

C- Warrior said:
I think that's awesome.

So what would make it cool in your opinion -- a naked chick or a picture of a blunt d0000de!111!

I think he was just talking about the iphone in general, which is understandable. At least I hope he was.

Saint Gregory said:
Did the TE sticks come with these and I just got unlucky or did Madcatz actually send more stuff with the standard stick?

i don't believe that the tournament sticks came with the move list card, but in exchange TE owners got an awesome package :D

I honestly want to see T. Hawk and Dee Jay in the game. I just want them to rework T. Hawk's moves though. He can't chop every other button press. I hope that they become downloadable later on.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Dr. Kitty Muffins said:
I honestly want to see T. Hawk and Dee Jay in the game. I just want them to rework T. Hawk's moves though. He can't chop every other button press. I hope that they become downloadable later on.

I dunno man, worst two Capcom characters of all time for me, specially Dee Jay (Capcom USA design, terrible in any way shape or form)

Guled

Dr. Kitty Muffins said:
They will be no dlc for characters, but I would like to see Dee Jay in a latter revision, don't really care for T Hawk
Raging Spaniard said:
I dunno man, worst two Capcom characters of all time for me, specially Dee Jay (Capcom USA design, terrible in any way shape or form)
Is it because you just don't have any rhythm?

Guled said:
They will be no dlc for characters, but I would like to see Dee Jay in a latter revision, don't really care for T Hawk

Did Capcom say that there won't be any dlc characters or is that just a rumor?

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Guled said:

That must be it, or I dont smile like the Joker, who knows!

Zapages

Just a heads up for everyone here. :)

If anyone is still trying to buy CE version, this includes PS3 and Xbox Versions... A few Bestbuys in Tampa/Sarasota (Florida) area have a few left to be pre-ordered... :)

Stalfos

Personally my favorite Street Fighter design is Elena from SFIII. I wish she would make it into an update/new version of this game. I don't know if she was very popular or not but I liked her.

Edit: Also DeepDiscount better come through with my preorder of the CE.

Xabora

Mr Jared said:
Hay guys, like my iZangief?

3277117975_065941789b_o.jpg

I got my iPhone laser etched at the Launch Party (which was ballin' btw).
Awesome, but I'd give you bonus points if you got an iDan.

bdizzle said:
Not the best quality, but

FILE0448.jpg
Sweet setup!

What projector are you using?

C- Warrior said:
So what would make it cool in your opinion -- a naked chick or a picture of a blunt d0000de!111!

Are you 12? No picture is needed to make it look "cool"; I appreciate the subtle, understated nature of Apple's designs. And if I had to choose one, it certainly wouldn't be a picture of a 300 pound hairy, burly Russian that only a small fraction of the population would recognize.

Just my $0.02. *shrugs*

Anyone have any good tournament vids to watch. (I'm learning a lot by watching them to boot, let alone the enjoyment).

I've seen the game chariot matches, as well as the game-inn matches.

bumpkin

Blueblur1 said:
Thread is slowing down. Nooooo...

Anyone have more pics of the online set up? Or other small stuff like that?
They're probably all basking in the awesomeness of the game, unlike us poor schlubs that didn't import. :(

I've got to head out later to grab some stuff from the 24-hour Wal-Mart. I may hit 7-11 on the way home and check if they have a copy of the game I can buy. Has anybody had any luck with 7-11's? Would it even be worth checking?

Xabora

bumpkin said:
They're probably all basking in the awesomeness of the game, unlike us poor schlubs that didn't import. :(
Like every other Japanese/Asian 360 game I was expecting region locks.

Stalfos said:
Personally my favorite Street Fighter design is Elena from SFIII. I wish she would make it into an update/new version of this game. I don't know if she was very popular or not but I liked her.

Edit: Also DeepDiscount better come through with my preorder of the CE.

I never cared for her but Africa DOES need more representation in this game.

So does Australia, come to think of it.

Zapages

bumpkin said:

I've got to head out later to grab some stuff from the 24-hour Wal-Mart. I may hit 7-11 on the way home and check if they have a copy of the game I can buy. Has anybody had any luck with 7-11's? Would it even be worth checking?

No luck here.... Did the whole tampa/sarasota area... All I was told that they will be getting shipment by Monday at the earliest... So check back then.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
bumpkin said:

I checked earlier tonight since I was going anyway, all I saw was Fallout3, Quantum of Solace, and some other game that wasn't SFIV. No luck.

Zapages

Dr. Kitty Muffins said:
I never cared for her but Africa DOES need more representation in this game.

So does Australia, come to think of it.

What about Middle Eastern Street Fighter.... OK nevermind... SF will get banned then.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
CurseoftheGods said:
Are you 12? No picture is needed to make it look "cool"; I appreciate the subtle, understated nature of Apple's designs. And if I had to choose one, it certainly wouldn't be a picture of a 300 pound hairy, burly Russian that only a small fraction of the population would recognize.

Just my $0.02. *shrugs*
My two cents is fuck what everyone else thinks. If a person wants Zangief or any other hirsute Russian fighters etched on their phone then they should do it. More power to them. You have to be your own person.

Blueblur1

SapientWolf said:
My two cents is fuck what everyone else thinks. If a person wants Zangief or any other hirsute Russian fighters etched on their phone then they should do it. More power to them. You have to be your own person.
Exactly. Even if it was Dee Jay, if Jared wants the etching he should get it. /argument :D

charsace

2&2 said:
Ugh. Got this in response to my inquiry from Amazon:

Sounds like they might not be getting any at launch
I had a feeling this was going to happen when amazon stopped selling the te stick in the beginning of january.

Okay so far I have everyone unlocked but Gouken and Seth.. Great game.. didn't take me long.

I suck with Akuma so it may be a bit before I can get Gouken :p

I played a few online matches.. one was 1 or 2 bars and it was horribly laggy. almost unplayable.

I also had a game with 2 bars with another guy and it was smooth as silk. Really enjoyed it.

Unfortunately I have yet to see anyone more then 2 bars.. not sure if thats because of a issue wtih no one in the states having the game but I was playing English people apparently. Hopefully this isn't a common occurence.

Other then that.. Fun times.

Zapages

Guled said:
if a country needs representation its Canada

Mounty or woodsman like Alex or Abel would be cool... AKA Abel's rival... Or bring back Remy and have him as his rival... Both are French. :)

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
The in-game clock puts me at almost 10 hours of playtime - man oh man it's time for bed! :D

Excellent game, Seth is a bitch though... :lol

Still whooped his ass on Hardest, although it's funny how there is practically no difference in the jump from Medium to Hardest...

And I really need to get the hang of using Focus Dash Canceling - I've been using the controller for today since the stick (Hori EX2) didn't seem to work out so well since I only got it back from lending it to a friend today, and I'm not used to using a stick...

Really can't wait for my TE stick to ship now so that I can really enjoy this game to the fullest!

I'm Canadian and I would only except of Canadian Street Fighter if he is a stereotype archetype type.

Like 50% LumberJack, 50% Mountie with a plate of poutine in his intro.

mmmm poutine

LowParry

Dark Stalkers said:
I don't know if I should get a Fightpad or a regular Fightstick for this game. I probably wont get too hardcore into it.

If you're gonna keep it casual then I'd go with the fightpad. It's pretty damn sweet.

LowParry

Captain N said:
who is everyone going to main?

I'll be pushing for Sakura but with the lately discovery of how freakin awesome Blanka is...I dunno. Won't really know till I get to play the game but for now, I'm stickin with Sakura as a main.

Guled

Mr Jared said:
Hay guys, like my iZangief?

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3457/3277117975_065941789b_o.jpg[img]

I got my iPhone laser etched at the Launch Party (which was ballin' btw).[/QUOTE]
[IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/24wbs47.jpg

Captain N said:
who is everyone going to main?
Cammy, Sakura, and maybe C Viper or Gen

Top Bottom