• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

LowParry

Wait, can Seth be played online? I see the abuse of power strong in the Force.

Edit: Extra question! For those who have it, can you confirm these multiple taunts?

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
If there is no blind pick in online multiplayer I will be a dick and choose everyone's counter. I tend to main characters with high potential and a steep learning curve so I'll probably end up using Zangief. I avoided him like the plague back when I first started playing SFII so it will be interesting to learn how to use him properly. I also gravitate towards charge characters for that reason so I'll also end up using Boxer and Guile.

Guled

SapientWolf said:
If there is no blind pick in online multiplayer I will be a dick and choose everyone's counter. I tend to main characters with high potential and a steep learning curve so I'll probably end up using Zangief. I avoided him like the plague back when I first started playing SFII so it will be interesting to learn how to use him properly. I also gravitate towards charge characters for that reason so I'll also end up using Boxer and Guile.
unfortunately there is no blind pick

Xabora

Captain N said:
who is everyone going to main?
DAN!!!!

34j1u7b.jpg

Ridli

Wait... there are DeeJay haters? That's a shame, gotta show more love for him. I know I'm in the minority, but I would have loved to see him in the roster for the home version. I like me some Dread Kicks.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Ridli said:
Wait... there are DeeJay haters? That's a shame, gotta show more love for him. I know I'm in the minority, but I would have loved to see him in the roster for the home version. I like me some Dread Kicks.

No offense, but Im surprised anybody would like Dee Jay

LowParry

Ridli said:

Does that guy ever shut his mouth? Seriously?

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Man I lost a few hype points after I learned there's no Player Match lobby. One of the things I love is just watching some people duke it out and learn from them. Such a shame =/

My mains will be Chun, Honda, Vega; Viper and Abel look cool.

Nakazato

Ridli said:
I love me some Deejay but hes not in there so i had to pick a new main ; ;

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
<3 <3 <3

after hd remix, it's nice to play a game with such loose combo timings -- i'm linking supers all over the place. netplay seems decent at 4 bars, though if i'm not mistaken, moves are harder to execute online than offline -- i'm obviously very new to this game, so don't take me too seriously. i've got ryu's srk -> fadc -> ultra DOWN in training, but i can't land it in a fight for the life of me :lol

gotta go to the gym, but i'm going to be playing this all night

i wish they'd tell you what all these unlockable titles mean -- i am a SAMURAI SPIRIT, and i dig the nod to snk

is mini pez a gafer? name sounds familiar. good games dude

<3 <3 <3

Ridli said:
he is the biggest TURTLER in SF history.... even more than Guile.
If people hate turtlers.. then they dispise Dee-Jay

DihcarEM

Captain N said:
who is everyone going to main?

My boy Fei Long will be first main, i'm so happy that they added him in the home version. I was really dissapointed when he didn't show up in SF3.

And Gouken will be my second main. I'm close to unlocking him so i'll see how he plays.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Guled said:
unfortunately there is no blind pick
Well, I hope they consider that feature for the tournament edition DLC. Or a relatively short countdown at the char select screen to allow for last minute maneuvering.

Ridli

Raging Spaniard said:

CcrooK said:
Does that guy ever shut his mouth? Seriously?

You wound me Gaf!

DeeJay is greatly underrated. Ok, fine, you might find his design unpleasant for whatever reason, but he's a solid character. Especially with his HDR tweaks. He's got a wicked fast crouching MK that sweeps, standing RH has great range, and his combos work great out of a crossup. I think he would have been a solid addition.

Besides, more charge characters = more fun

Raging Spaniard said:

He's a great character: a nice crossup, good wakeup options, an awesome c.forward that has great priority, decent anti-air. The guy is just shy of top-tier. I like him.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Does SFIV support move buffering? How long after doing the command for a move do you have to "pull the trigger" by pressing an attack button? I say this because VF5's generous buffering system may have helped to alleviate some of the lag problems inherent in online play.

I guess I'm weird in that I don't plan to main anybody. Random select for me. Got the guide today which is awesome and messed with the pad (good stuff, no problems with shoryukens).

Ridli

GalacticAE said:
He's a great character: a nice crossup, good wakeup options, an awesome c.forward that has great priority, decent anti-air. The guy is just shy of top-tier. I like him.

High Five!

DihcarEM

robut said:
I guess I'm weird in that I don't plan to main anybody. Random select for me. Got the guide today which is awesome and messed with the pad (good stuff, no problems with shoryukens).

About the guide, i heard that the home version characters don't have frame data, is this true?
Cus then it might be better to simply wait for a more complete guide.

DihcarEM said:
About the guide, i heard that the home version characters don't have frame data, is this true?
Cus then it might be better to simply wait for a more complete guide.

No frame data for the console guys, yeah. It is otherwise a really good guide, though. Been reading it all day.

Is the Japanese version harder than other version or something?

Either my SF fu is very very weak right now or this version is just freakin hard!

ashism

Phew, I am rusty as hell, but it feels good to be playing a fighter again.

I can beat this shit on medium now, yesterday I could barely do easy, so I am getting better. When things start to click, things really get fun. I still suck massively though.

DihcarEM

ashism said:
Phew, I am rusty as hell, but it feels good to be playing a fighter again.

I can beat this shit on medium now, yesterday I could barely do easy, so I am getting better. When things start to click, things really get fun. I still suck massively though.

I had a simlear problem, it wasn't so much that i was rusty. Seth gave me the most trouble, CPU was really cheap. If i'm playing one of the shoto characters or Fei Long then i can beat him with relative ease. But with unknown characters like C Viper and El F, characters i haven't learned and explored i sucked ass. They really play differently, which is a big plus in my book.

ashism

Any scrubs or nubs on right now? If someone wants to suck along with me that would be fantastic. DRAGON PUNCH, DRAGON PUNCH, DRAGON PUNCH, DRAGON PUNCH, thats me.

Top Bottom