• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

LakeEarth

lemon__fresh said:
51 seconds in.... I don't think that's regularly possible, pretty sure that someone messed with the game rules (PC).
I think so, he ducks after every fireball so I think the motion was changed to qcf.

Might I suggest the term "Reset"
I remember trying to find wtf that meant a while back and couldn't find anything. I found out in like video comments and whatnot. I still don' think I'm 100% sure that I got the term right.
Also I personally would prefer it be alphabetized. Makes it easier to find specific words.
Good shit with the site Haunts man. It's been a valuable resource for a scrub like me

haunts

Bacon of Hope
OmnipotentO said:
Might I suggest the term "Reset"
I remember trying to find wtf that meant a while back and couldn't find anything. I found out in like video comments and whatnot. I still don' think I'm 100% sure that I got the term right.
Also I personally would prefer it be alphabetized. Makes it easier to find specific words.
Good shit with the site Haunts man. It's been a valuable resource for a scrub like me

Yeah I plan on alphabetizing it soon, it's just the system doesnt do it automatically.

I'll add in resets soon as well. thanks for the input.

yeb

haunts said:
I set up the iPlayWinner Glossary yesterday which some of you might find useful. We are still adding more terms and stuff so expect it to grow over the next couple weeks.

http://iplaywinner.com/glossary/
Nice. Don't forget to add Option Selects, too.

Anyway, who all from NorCal is coming down for Valle's tourney? I don't want to wait on the site to reveal it! :lol

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Woo just reached G2 tonight. I only played 3 battles and got absolutely TOASTED in two of them (I hate Blanka).

... I guess I gotta start hitting up training mode all over again.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
yeb said:
Nice. Don't forget to add Option Selects, too.

Anyway, who all from NorCal is coming down for Valle's tourney? I don't want to wait on the site to reveal it! :lol

You know, I have no idea. The fact that Terry and Vance are special guests is a total surprise to me as it is. I dont know if I can make it due to Sunroute tournament the weekend before.

Aedile

IMACOMPUTA said:
Is it just me, or are there barely any US players on PC?

It's not just you. 90-95% of the people I play on PC are outside North America. Funny thing too, since I switched from PS3 to PC because almost all of my connections on PS3 were atrocious. PC connectivity is close to perfect with other US players... yet I almost never play any of them. But it says something that a connection to someone in Chile or France is as good or better than the most of the connections I was getting on PSN.

IMACOMPUTA

Aedile said:
It's not just you. 90-95% of the people I play on PC are outside North America. Funny thing too, since I switched from PS3 to PC because almost all of my connections on PS3 were atrocious. PC connectivity is close to perfect with other US players... yet I almost never play any of them. But it says something that a connection to someone in Chile or France is as good or better than the most of the connections I was getting on PSN.

True, most players i play are from Brazil.

I get the occasional Canadian, and once in a while an American... which is always an excellent connection.

ShinNL

I quit the video after seeing Sagat jumping twice on a Guile. Not sure if the rest of the video is good but after seeing that I was like: =_=; high level play?

Edit: okay, I couldn't help to watch more, the SF fan I am. The wins are... not epic >_>;

Ysiadmihi

Banned
IMACOMPUTA said:
Is it just me, or are there barely any US players on PC?

I seem to find a lot of 4-5 bar matches from players in the US and Canada. Late at night it's definitely a different story but for obvious reasons.

Killa Sasa said:
GG's tonight timedog, I got lucky you missed some FADC's. Your Roo is legit.

Seems like TimeDog's Ryu leveled up, because a few folks in here have been praising his Ryu as of late.

Last time we played a FT10, I went 10-6 against him. I have to see what the hub bub is about...

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Anyone have the link to the fight where Balrog manages to Focus one hit from a Ex Fireball and then input the ultra command?

black_vegeta said:
Seems like TimeDog's Ryu leveled up, because a few folks in here have been praising his Ryu as of late.

Last time we played a FT10, I went 10-6 against him. I have to see what the hub bub is about...

I played him last week. He's really solid with Ryu. He's definitely grinding hard. He's probably one of the better Ryus in the thread (haven't played Rice Eater. But Find's is extremely solid).

Threi

notag
seriously though if its a non ex headstomp use balrogs jump back fierce, and ryu's jump back roundhouse. If EX, you can still beat it if well timed, but the less risky way is to walk back/dash back and punish.

If in the corner, rog's jump back fierce will still work, ryu will beat it clean with an early lp srk.
If you aren't in blockstun just dash under it.

I suggest getting intentionally hit by one to see how the bison player reacts. If he goes for skull diver remember that you can ultra that shit.

SoulFist

Oh okay, cool. Thanks guys. Time to head to training mode. I kept trying air tatsu's which would sometimes work, and would try forward jumping RH and fierce. Didn't think to try jumping back fierce.

SoulFist said:
Anybody have any tips for dealing with M.Bison with Balrog and Ryu? Headstomps in particular murder me.

If you're Balrog and wanna go for the PHAT punish, walk towards bison and his headstomp should just go over you, when he lands do st. rh -> st. jab -> cr. rh

Otherwise just throw him.

What's this? Timedog levelling up?!?! And my ryu is pretty average :/

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
SoulFist said:
Anybody have any tips for dealing with M.Bison with Balrog and Ryu? Headstomps in particular murder me.

Randomness and a good rush down. Always stay close enough that he doesn't become a turtling stomper.

With standing hk and air fireball, I find it much easier with Akuma to deal with Bison though.

Kccitystar

Finally made it to G2-E today after months of dwelling in G3 competition. I'm just curious, when am I able to access the replay features?

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Kccitystar said:
Finally made it to G2-E today after months of dwelling in G3 competition. I'm just curious, when am I able to access the replay features?

I forget the exact rule but you need to win a high CP final match (or be lucky enough to win just as the leaderboard day resets).

Kccitystar said:

Only the top 5000 players in terms of Championship Points (CP) are able to upload replays.

So basically, you'll never be able to upload your matches.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Nah, i'm not leveling up. I'm getting worse actually cause now I just fish for srk into ultra attempts to try and practice it. I think people just thought I got better cause I do realistic combos now instead of always going for cr. mp, cr. mp, sweep which is too hard to pull off online.

Once I get this FADC crap down and start baiting with it I'll get you guys good though.

GG's yesterday Killer.

GG's AZ. I was pissed when I mistimed that "random" ultra against your jump back fierce in our last match.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
black_vegeta said:
Only the top 5000 players in terms of Championship Points (CP) are able to upload replays.

So basically, you'll never be able to upload your matches.
not in g2 anyway.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Yeah, I'll put some up. This week I've got a midterm and then this weekend I'm going to seattle, so it'll maybe be a little bit.

Top Bottom