• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
what was the first game to do the huge amount of icon/title stuff that sf4 does. I thought it was awesome as soon as I saw it. MW2 used pretty much an identical system, and now bnet is following suit. I wanna attribute this innovation to SF4, but that can't be right, can it?

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
black_vegeta said:
Only the top 5000 players in terms of Championship Points (CP) are able to upload replays.

So basically, you'll never be able to upload your matches.

Why the fuck does this make me feel proud? :lol :lol

I also just noticed I am 968 worldwide in GP. Makes me feel good, no clue why either =P

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
bistromathics said:
what was the first game to do the huge amount of icon/title stuff that sf4 does. I thought it was awesome as soon as I saw it. MW2 used pretty much an identical system, and now bnet is following suit. I wanna attribute this innovation to SF4, but that can't be right, can it?

It really is. Funny how something so simple as Titles and Emblems was actually started by SF4. At least as far as I can remember. Journalists gave IW shit before MW2 launch asking they how much they played SF4 online.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Relix said:
Why the fuck does this make me feel proud? :lol :lol

I also just noticed I am 968 worldwide in GP. Makes me feel good, no clue why either =P
i'm 16,284.

so there.

black_vegeta said:
Yeah and the grind through G2 is a pain.
tell me about it.
almost halfway there...

XenoRaven

Just started doing Time Attack for the first time to try and unlock the colors, despite the fact that Super is around the corner.

Level 11 actually makes me want to throw myself off a bridge. I haven't been this frustrated with this game in a long time. Damn.

Spiderjericho said:
I played him last week. He's really solid with Ryu. He's definitely grinding hard. He's probably one of the better Ryus in the thread (haven't played Rice Eater. But Find's is extremely solid).

Well then we should play sometimes. I have it on PC so we should do some matches sometimes when we're both available. I haven't played Timedog in a while but I did beat him 10-2 in 2 different FT10's a while back :D

Speaking of facing fellow GAF'ers I noticed a while back that Cowie won the PC tourney. I guess styles do make fights or whatever. When I play Turtlesnatcher, he beats me for free. But against Cowie, who won the PC tourney as I mentioned, the matches are actually very competitive. I remember losing to him 5-4 in a FT5 in the final round of that final set.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
I suck at Ryu vs. Ryu, period. You and Roxicodone have beat me up worse than anyone else on GAF except maybe KillaBMike. Somehow against you three I typically can do alright the first half of the round, but invariably fail to finish the times when i'm ahead in the round.

Also, the first time we played, Rice, I think I lost like 15 to 0!!!

XenoRaven said:
Just started doing Time Attack for the first time to try and unlock the colors, despite the fact that Super is around the corner.

Level 11 actually makes me want to throw myself off a bridge. I haven't been this frustrated with this game in a long time. Damn.
pick zangief and lariat

if the condition is no specials, pick akuma and use far standing roundhouse

result = dead AI and colors + taunts 4 u

XenoRaven

_dementia said:
pick zangief and lariat

if the condition is no specials, pick akuma and use far standing roundhouse

result = dead AI and colors + taunts 4 u
Awesome. The rule for level 11 is no Ultra, no EX, no FA, no dash. I was using Zangief and just SPDing everyone, but then I have to fight CPU Zangief and I always go for the SPD and just get it done to me instead. So I pick someone else and I have trouble beating super turtle Blanka who won't do anything but block unless you try to go near him and then he will punch you or hit you with electricity. I'll try Gief again and just spam Lariat when I have to do the mirror.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Oh my fucking god. I just played Roxicodone again aka Alex Valle. Dude missed like 2 links in 15 matches. I don't think he missed link into sweep even once, and he did it on me a lot.

noisome07

Banned
WOO, Stream time :D

http://www.justin.tv/gytnews

Features: Live commentary from some of the best fighting game community analysts such as James Chen, UltraDavid, and surprise guests. Watch top players such as Combofiend, Justin Wong, Ed Ma, Ken I, and many more beasts battle it out in crazy sets! Tutorials from Alex Valle on beginner to advance players so everyone can Rush that Shit Down!

Stream is gonna be slow for a few.

dios mio....there are too many ryu's online @_@....I stopped playing a couple months ago... and back when I played online it only used to be ken...now its either ryu, akuma, or sagat...not complaining, they are easy enough to beat, just i need some variety now and again

Dude mashing on the stick gets me everytime :lol

Btw, I didn't know redrapper actually rapped, heh. Thought he was just some guy dropping knowledge in the Ryu threads on SRK.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
wow, evo 2009 footage is still up on ustream, sucks to be an ign insider. :lol

that valle video inspired me to look up some of his matches.

GG's Eva01!

Your Ken is way too beastly, Kara throws, hard trial type combos, trickarations, etc.

We had a "FT10" just now, I got skunked 10-0. :lol I did better than I thought I would do, my Rog has leveled up somewhat. Although I missed a few BnB combos, I'm proud of myself. :D

Solune

XenoRaven said:
Awesome. The rule for level 11 is no Ultra, no EX, no FA, no dash. I was using Zangief and just SPDing everyone, but then I have to fight CPU Zangief and I always go for the SPD and just get it done to me instead. So I pick someone else and I have trouble beating super turtle Blanka who won't do anything but block unless you try to go near him and then he will punch you or hit you with electricity. I'll try Gief again and just spam Lariat when I have to do the mirror.

Try doing cross up Fierce Punch xx C.lk xx Lariat . Rinse and repeat.
I actually went back to do the trials and get gold crowns on them all.
Finally got that platinum trophy, 40 wins in survival is brutally long.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
WOW! KAYO-POLICE!!!! <3 <3 <3

Awesome viper and super f'in CUTE!!!

^___________________^

OMG CHOCO BLANKA ON THE STREAM TOO!!

best stream ever.

Õ&#1044;Õ Õ&#1044;Õ Õ&#1044;Õ

(´&#9661;&#65344;)

Ysiadmihi said:
My reaction time has gone to dogshit after barely playing these past few days. It's amazing how quickly that happens :(

I've fallen into bad habits as well, which isn't fun.

Also I'm finding my execution isn't as good as it once was, missing headbutt setups.

I absolutely love this game.

Fraeon

Lost Fragment said:
Is it just me, or is Vega's crossup ex poke-you-in-the-face move or whatever it's called impossible to block on reaction online unless your connection is pretty good? Playing AZ Greg, like half the time I could swear that I was blocking hte right way before I get hit, but I get hit by it anyway.

Which move are you talking about? I usually never even try to block when Vega jumps into the air to do something: I either try to hit him out of whatever he's doing or I'll focus it and punish.

_dementia said:

LOL, good stuff. LakeEarth and Saqs are mentioned in his paper. He even included the commentary that DSP made during his match with Saqs:

Here’s a transcript of DSP’s commentary:
[Prematch] Alright, this guy’s supposed to be better than me and he picked
RO S E. Oooooh..Who the fuck do I pick? Pick my boy BA L RO G, that’s
what I’ll do. BA L RO G versus RO S E; I have no idea. This is my first
time ever fighting a RO S E so.. I guess we’ll just have to see what happens
[0:20] Oh my God.
[0:32] Oh, what the hell? Dizzy?
[0:38] Grave digger that bad, huh?
[0:48] I don’t even care. [DSP just got hit by an Ultra Combo.]

:lol

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
So I'm practicing doing FADCing and the problem I keep happening is that I don't dash after canceling the move that I'm FADCing.

Do those of you with sticks, tend to just "tap" MK and LK after the move, or do you hold on to it? Or do you tap MK an LK and then start tapping forward or back dashing? What's the best way to do it? Any videos or just instructions would be nice! :D

AZ Greg

Lost Fragment said:
Is it just me, or is Vega's crossup ex poke-you-in-the-face move or whatever it's called impossible to block on reaction online unless your connection is pretty good? Playing AZ Greg, like half the time I could swear that I was blocking hte right way before I get hit, but I get hit by it anyway.

Oddly enough, you actually block it more than anyone else I play regularly. Including a bunch of people from the west coast whom I have 4 & 5 bar connections with. :lol I do feel a little dirty using it online, but it seems to have the same success rate when I use it online.

For me, the move with the biggest difference in effectiveness in terms of connection quality is Chun's hazanshou.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Adam Prime said:
So I'm practicing doing FADCing and the problem I keep happening is that I don't dash after canceling the move that I'm FADCing.

Do those of you with sticks, tend to just "tap" MK and LK after the move, or do you hold on to it? Or do you tap MK an LK and then start tapping forward or back dashing? What's the best way to do it? Any videos or just instructions would be nice! :D

The best way is to hit forward once, tap MP+MK, and hit forward again, all in dash timing speed - I'd tell you more than that, but I'm so out of practice right now that it isn't even funny...

Best way is to hit the training room and do that for a while, and it will come to you...

Adam Prime said:

I think the problem for me was I was holding MP and MK for too long. That made it harder for me to do the down forward motions afterward for the ultra.
So for me, the tapping worked best. I think I release the buttons at the EXACT same time as when you hit your second forward input for the dash cancel. Whereas before I was still holding the FA even after I dash cancelled.
Also your problem might be that you say you are hitting MK and LK? and the FA is MP and MK.

Adam Prime said:

you have to hold MP+MK through the dash, otherwise the character will just focus attack

Joekage

Anyone on PSN wanna go a few? It's snowing hard in D-Town Texas so I'm not going anywhere near those roads haha.

PSN: TostitoSalsa, just send a friend request, or if you have access come into the GAF chat. I'm the only one in there now.

Well, just down to my last 3 Hard Trials. The #5 trials for Abel, C.Viper and Rufus. I got through ELF's and Viper 1-4 okay, but still haven't had luck with Abel and Rufus.

As long as I can get these done before end of April, I'll be happy with myself :lol

Fierce Feint Fierce practice, here I come!

I know I'll get C.Viper done before Abel and Rufus :-\

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
the_log_ride said:
Well, just down to my last 3 Hard Trials. The #5 trials for Abel, C.Viper and Rufus. I got through ELF's and Viper 1-4 okay, but still haven't had luck with Abel and Rufus.

As long as I can get these done before end of April, I'll be happy with myself :lol

I remember working on Abel and Viper's for an hour or so each. All the trials took around two days, and I did them about a month after release. Some of the stuff was mega frustrating, especially with multiple one frame links before most knew about plinking.

the_log_ride said:

Oh man, I'm so glad I have those trials done. I love looking at my Hard Trial achievement. Very few have the patience to complete them.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
AZ Greg said:
I do feel a little dirty using it online...

Eh, Viper has her own stuff that's really hard to block online. c.mp -> tk feint -> crossup bk is almost a guaranteed hit online.

Your Sim has gotten really good, btw.

Viper's last trial was easy to me by mapping x to lp+mp+hp. ^_^
I did not have patience to do it the right way. I should actually try it the right way one of these days.
And I'd say the hardest trial is Rufus' fifth simply because how dumb the link is.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
I'm having a small gathering tonight so I am going to put together a HAUNTS HQ VS THE WORLD stream later. I'll post it when it's live.

Top Bottom