• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

CPS2

h3ro said:
SFIV noob question: How do you cancel out the Dragon Punch animation to go into other moves like is required for Ken's later combos? He does the damage but never goes into the air...

It was done a few times and have seen it in all the various SFIV footage, I read through lots of the guides but couldn't find it.

That's the focus attack dash cancel. Hold MP+MK then dash.

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
I know how this Dog feels now.

1zdsl6v.jpg

I need this game!

Ashhong

So i walk into work at gamestop today and what do i find?

9tevqv.jpg

woot! also, we had 2 tournament edition sticks in the back for sale. i was gonna pick them up and sell to gaf but i remembered my coworker was looking for 2 so i called him and let him know. so excited. i only bought tha pad and stick cause im not sure which to use. probably keep the stick

moral of the story: check your gamestops for TE sticks if you are looking.

edit: holy crap thats blurrier than i expected.

andymcc

Banned
Ashhong said:
woot! also, we had 2 tournament edition sticks in the back for sale. i was gonna pick them up and sell to gaf but i remembered my coworker was looking for 2 so i called him and let him know. so excited. i only bought tha pad and stick cause im not sure which to use. probably keep the stick

moral of the story: check your gamestops for TE sticks if you are looking.

edit: holy crap thats blurrier than i expected.

my gamestop got pads but not my stick i preordered months ago. : (

andymcc

Banned
SapientWolf said:
Best Buy has a goofy pre-order system. It won't be available until the 18th.

typically this means in store availability. the same thing happened with mario galaxy when it came out, got it early...

Halvie

Banned
They have the game, but won't sell it. It is in the store though. Offered the manager 100 to sell it early and got denied.

ashism

Woo, I just connected to some random guy on player match and did about 6 matches against him.

Keep in mind, yesterday I could barely tackle easy, and today I still struggle a little with medium. I decided to go for online anyways, I can let off hadoukens and shoryukens good enough, and I can get off my Ultra most of the time.

The guy picks Akuma, shit dude already unlocked his crap! I pick a fellow shoto, ken and pray for the best.

Match 1: Akuma, winner. Even manages to finish a round off with an Ultra finish. Asshole!

Match 2: Same characters. This time I manage to knock him out of the air with an ultra. I was like woooooooooooo. I win!

Match 3: A voice appears "Lets not do shoto." I reply with "I haven't played SF in like 8 years, all I remember is shoto." He laughs, and I pick Sakura as he grabs Dan. I beat him again. Mostly by luck by the end of both rounds, it was close though. Dude really knows how to use normals effectively.

Match 4-6: I keep using shoto's, he grabs Cammy. I haven't fought Cammy in arcade yet, and its been forever since playing ST. He totally rocked me, I had no idea how to get around his shit.

Anyways, stranger lived in east coast, and I live on the west. Great connection even once we started using voice. As somebody casual and new again, I am having a blast. I forgot just how exhilarating fighting games can be.

Ashhong

DMPrince said:
DSC00588.jpg

why couldn't they have the game in today too ;(

oh yea, got a shitload of that in today. my retarded manager made us all wear it all night. i took it off within a couple hours, itches like crazy.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
h3ro said:
SFIV noob question: How do you cancel out the Dragon Punch animation to go into other moves like is required for Ken's later combos? He does the damage but never goes into the air...

It was done a few times and have seen it in all the various SFIV footage, I read through lots of the guides but couldn't find it.

check the OP.. I punched a bunch of system stuff in there including Focus Attack Dash Canceling..

Xabora

andymcc said:
looks like you might want to check your local best buys...

sfiv.jpg
Looks like they got a shipment and cataloged them.
I doubt they'd sell you a copy unless you want to do some social engineering.

Zapages

Xabora said:
Looks like they got a shipment and cataloged them.
I doubt they'd sell you a copy unless you want to do some social engineering.

some best buys are still taking pre-orders... So everything should be good man... Try to get the CE versions if you can. :)

JoeFenix said:
So I heard that the multiplayer is only 1v1 online? No lobbies?

This can't be true right?
sometimes life isn't fair

And hey, on the bright side, Capcom is inadvertently keeping arcades alive! Social interaction FTW.

Akim

Banned
I'm back from vacation.

Reading this thread was excruciating. I picked up a regular fightstick from gamestop. Pretty disappointed that my bestbuy order was delayed. Now I play the waiting game. I hope we are never apart again!

Linkhero1

haunts said:
you're back. i heard you got banned..
Hey haunts. I want to play you sometime. How often do you go to SFSU or nearby?

Akim said:
I'm back from vacation.

Reading this thread was excruciating. I picked up a regular fightstick from gamestop. Pretty disappointed that my bestbuy order was delayed. Now I play the waiting game. I hope we are never apart again!

I picked up a SE too. I'm afraid that Amazon won't deliver. They will probably delay it too.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
hey dude like once a week ive just been retarded busy writing this sf4 guide so havent been around as much... we are usually down there from 6-9:30 on thursdays and there are gatherings all over the bay area so if you want to get some games in just let me know.

h3ro said:
So you input F D FD P and then FADC?

Pretty much, but with Ken its tricky cause you have to FADC on the second hit of his DP. That is the hit that pops them into the air. Its much easier with Sagat and Ryu because the first hit pops them up.

Linkhero1

haunts said:
hey dude like once a week ive just been retarded busy writing this sf4 guide so havent been around as much... we are usually down there from 6-9:30 on thursdays and there are gatherings all over the bay area so if you want to get some games in just let me know.
Nice to know. I'm always down there until 6pm Mondays and Wednesdays. Don't got class on Thursdays :p I'll probably come by sometime in the near future once though.

-PXG-

You know what's funny? As I was logging back into GAF, the most epic music was playing :lol

I'm BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!!!!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRGGGGHH!!!!

Akim

Banned
-PXG- said:
You know what's funny? As I was logging back into GAF, the most epic music was playing :lol

I'm BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!!!!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRGGGGHH!!!!

feels good man

-PXG-

The wait for this game is unbearable. I'm going over to some dude's house to play it on Sunday. I will hit up my Best Buy to see if they got it before taking my girl out :D

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Good to see you guys back.

For the guys that already have the game, if youre playing Arcade mode with interrupt on, do the people in your Friends List interrupt you or is it any random person online? (or maybe thats adjustable?) Im down with Friends challenging me at any time, but with random people I might have some reservations.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Trial mode really, really needs a "Demo Move" option. Half of the time I hit the Hard trials and have no idea what the timing on this stuff is supposed to be. How the hell do I combo a Flash Kick with a Double Flash Kick?

Halvie

Banned
-PXG- said:
The wait for this game is unbearable. I'm going over to some dude's house to play it on Sunday. I will hit up my Best Buy to see if they got it before taking my girl out :D

i agree I can't stand it any longer. Plus knowing that the game is in the back of my best buys just makes it worse.

best be out monday. fuck waiting till wednesday.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Raging Spaniard said:
Good to see you guys back.

For the guys that already have the game, if youre playing Arcade mode with interrupt on, do the people in your Friends List interrupt you or is it any random person online? (or maybe thats adjustable?) Im down with Friends challenging me at any time, but with random people I might have some reservations.

Anyone can join when you have the interrupt active. It's pretty much impossible to make progress in Arcade with it on. :lol

I have noticed the douchebag action is already in motion. According to the messages sent to me following matches, if I leave a lobby after winning, I'm a cheap asshole who is afraid to risk his win streak. If I leave after losing, I suck and am a pussy who can't compete.

Some of you guys really lack patience.

I can't play this until Thursday/Friday due to work and school obligations.

I mean, it would be nice to enjoy this over the long weekend, but I'll have what, 10 years to savor this game until SFV.

Linkhero1

_dementia said:
Some of you guys really lack patience.

I can't play this until Thursday/Friday due to work and school obligations.
I can't play it until I get my stick, which is around the same time. Or should I do the impossible and play with a 360 controller? :lol

haunts

Bacon of Hope
MattKeil said:
Trial mode really, really needs a "Demo Move" option. Half of the time I hit the Hard trials and have no idea what the timing on this stuff is supposed to be. How the hell do I combo a Flash Kick with a Double Flash Kick?

I think its just hold down back, then up forward kick, down back, up forward kick.. i think that will cancel your flash kick into the super..

Man, lots of people already got game + stick. Hope Amazon doesn't screw up my order. Game and stick is ready to ship. There should be release day delivery option. Ship it fucking already.

In other news, it is completely sold out in Japan.

Street Fighter IV Sold Out in Japan

The numbers being quoted some places are off based on what I've been told, but the real story is that SFIV is not "selling well" but is in fact SOLD OUT in Japan.

There ARE no more copies to sell on the store shelves. I heard from Ono-san himself last night that Capcom has a few boxes left in the basement that they'll be sending out on Monday, but they were totally overwhelmed by the demand. Sales couldn't have been any higher because every single copy in the stores has been sold (!!!)

MirageDwarf said:
Man, lots of people already got game + stick. Hope Amazon doesn't screw up my order. Game and stick is ready to ship. There should be release day delivery option. Ship it fucking already.

In other news, it is completely sold out in Japan.

Street Fighter IV Sold Out in Japan

The numbers being quoted some places are off based on what I've been told, but the real story is that SFIV is not "selling well" but is in fact SOLD OUT in Japan.

There ARE no more copies to sell on the store shelves. I heard from Ono-san himself last night that Capcom has a few boxes left in the basement that they'll be sending out on Monday, but they were totally overwhelmed by the demand. Sales couldn't have been any higher because every single copy in the stores has been sold (!!!)
great news, game deserves the love.

Top Bottom