• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
haunts said:
I think its just hold down back, then up forward kick, down back, up forward kick.. i think that will cancel your flash kick into the super..

Thanks, that was it. The Trial only shows the standard motions for each move it wants you to string in, so if you don't already know how it works, you're not getting any extra help from the game. I know it's "Trial" and not "Training," but I feel like it should help the player a bit more.

-PXG-

MirageDwarf said:
Man, lots of people already got game + stick. Hope Amazon doesn't screw up my order. Game and stick is ready to ship. There should be release day delivery option. Ship it fucking already.

In other news, it is completely sold out in Japan.

Street Fighter IV Sold Out in Japan

The numbers being quoted some places are off based on what I've been told, but the real story is that SFIV is not "selling well" but is in fact SOLD OUT in Japan.

There ARE no more copies to sell on the store shelves. I heard from Ono-san himself last night that Capcom has a few boxes left in the basement that they'll be sending out on Monday, but they were totally overwhelmed by the demand. Sales couldn't have been any higher because every single copy in the stores has been sold (!!!)

Believe it or not, we get people who've tried getting a Wii Fit or Mario Kart for MONTHS, and STILL refuse to pre-order games. I've been telling customers to pre-order this shit and they don't. If we don't have enough, it's their own damn fault. We sold out of Fear 2 for the 360 the other day. Same happened with Skate 2. Before reading this, I knew that SFIV would EASILY sell out.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
MattKeil said:
Thanks, that was it. The Trial only shows the standard motions for each move it wants you to string in, so if you don't already know how it works, you're not getting any extra help from the game. I know it's "Trial" and not "Training," but I feel like it should help the player a bit more.

np man. I was thinking the same thing honestly.. Its pretty satisfying when you get the combos but I dont know how they expect some people to do half the shit in there... like you said, not knowing the timing is the main thing.. i got through most of them but Honda for instance... some of his combos are pretty ridiculous just with all the mashing involved. :lol

Echoes

So, what happens if a player quit an online game? Will he get punished? (talking about ranked).

I just smacked a Ken player with Cammy and by the time I did my Ultra Combo in the final round he quit. This sucks.

So far enjoying the game..

Just finished my 10 hour play session.

I have everyone unlocekd but Seth.. EFF that..

I actually played some GAFers at random.

I played Saq's about 10 times.. and Drohne about 5 or 6 times.

Schooled by both! Though I did use my Vega initially and beat Saq's Akuma. I kept dodging his ultra/super :p

My Vega isn't so shabby in this game.. though I can't Izuna drop as well in this game.. like they nerfed the range hardcore. Also his super is so pointless .. Lightning on his body.. and then he is expected to pull off a Izuna? That just screams "HIT ME AND COUNTER IT!"

I haven't really used many focus attacks.. I should.. I need to watch more videos. Some people abuse the damn thing and I can't get out of a nonstop chain sometimes unless I backflip out.

Oh and Shoto players can go to hell..

All Ryu and Ken players do are fucking shoryukens :\

Echoes

Raging Spaniard said:
Good to see you guys back.

For the guys that already have the game, if youre playing Arcade mode with interrupt on, do the people in your Friends List interrupt you or is it any random person online? (or maybe thats adjustable?) Im down with Friends challenging me at any time, but with random people I might have some reservations.
You can set it to "Ranked -" or "Player Matches".

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I am an ADDICT! :lol

3278527708_f267b9fd04.jpg

It's gonna be scary when KOF XII is out alongside this.

Awntawn

MirageDwarf said:
Man, lots of people already got game + stick. Hope Amazon doesn't screw up my order. Game and stick is ready to ship. There should be release day delivery option. Ship it fucking already.

In other news, it is completely sold out in Japan.

Street Fighter IV Sold Out in Japan

The numbers being quoted some places are off based on what I've been told, but the real story is that SFIV is not "selling well" but is in fact SOLD OUT in Japan.

There ARE no more copies to sell on the store shelves. I heard from Ono-san himself last night that Capcom has a few boxes left in the basement that they'll be sending out on Monday, but they were totally overwhelmed by the demand. Sales couldn't have been any higher because every single copy in the stores has been sold (!!!)
Could this be the game that saves HD gaming in Japan? ;o

Man. I think after getting the stick I've gotten worse :/

I have never played with a stick in my life -- but I didn't think I was going to be this bad.

Should I stick it through? I can feel myself getting better at the stick with just 4 hours of play. But at this point, I'm better with a controller.

EDIT: The damn short kick button on the regular edition has lost all resistance. I'll take it back tomorrow for exchange since where I got it at had several units.

Yum, eating shotos up online with my Gief. :D

Online isn't that bad actually. I only played 2 bar matches since that's only stuff I could find tonight, but they were definitely playable. Sucks you can't ask for a rematch as it kicks you out to the menu after you finish, but whatever. Good times and the interface is pretty fun. It sucks when lose since you lose points, but it's oh so fun watching your points go up as their's depletes when you win.

Anyone know of a good way to input the flying barcelona attack but to go off the wall behind your opponent?

Whenever I do the EX version I know it can hit the guy once possibly.. but the issue I'm having is that I always seem to pull off the Stupid EX Flip move instead of jumping off the wall.. Then when I think I have it.. I end up going behind me :(

Any tips?

I'm dowing Down Back while holding and taking it to Top Forward position but I think its too close to the flip position since that seems to always go off.

Flip is down back and then forward.

Takuan

Played a few matches online, yellow bar connections, no noticeable lag. I played a Ken player who kept taunting me as I experimented with the new characters, what a dick! Hope online remains stable when 100,000 people are online playing at any given time.

On a side note, I can't do an FADC cancel into a super to save my life on the 360 pad. Even Ryu's simple shory->fadc->ultra doesn't come out 90% of the time, or it comes out too late. Standard charge combos are pretty difficult to perform, too; I can't get Boxer's c.jb, c.jb, c.shrt -> headbutt combo at all, and forget about following up with the super. The weird thing is I can get a combo fairly reliably if I do one jab into the 'butt. I'm not an expert, but my timing isn't bad. Also, I'm not sure if it's just me, but the super bar fills up pretty slowly.

At any rate, this is really fun. I'm going to continue working on Boxer, hopefully to the point that I can reliably punish with a super/ultra combo when the opportunity presents itself.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
-PXG- said:
Believe it or not, we get people who've tried getting a Wii Fit or Mario Kart for MONTHS, and STILL refuse to pre-order games. I've been telling customers to pre-order this shit and they don't. If we don't have enough, it's their own damn fault. We sold out of Fear 2 for the 360 the other day. Same happened with Skate 2. Before reading this, I knew that SFIV would EASILY sell out.
I think Nintendo is carefully limiting the supply of those titles. CoD4 outsold Mario Kart but I've never seen it completely sell out. In fact, it was marked down to $40 a few times and there were still copies left.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Router said:
They let her into the party and not Sessler? That's just fucked up right there. Fucked up worse than her face.

Wait, what? Adam Sessler got denied entry?

Hopefully, the HD systems will finally start getting a little bit more love in Japan with SF4 out, at least for a little while. Aw..who am I kidding?

I got mine copy yesterday (friday)
2ebrbrk.jpg

I couldn't post it yesterday. The moment I got home, I put it in and played for 8 hours straight.

I love it. Though, I'm still getting used to it. Especially the Focus Attack, but all that comes in due time befor I master it.

The game looks nice, loads fast too. I like how you can play Arcade mode and people enter to challenge you. It's very nice package.

Shame though, that the manual is in black/white, which I find cheap. On top of that, I pre-ordered the CE but only the PS3 version came in CE, that suck. Oh well, it saved me some money.

(the reason why there are 2 copies of the game in the pics, I bought the other one for a friend as a late birthday present)

Barrett2

ashism said:
Any scrubs or nubs on right now? If someone wants to suck along with me that would be fantastic. DRAGON PUNCH, DRAGON PUNCH, DRAGON PUNCH, DRAGON PUNCH, thats me.

I don't have mine yet, but thats pretty much how I will be playing the first week or so. I need some serious practice time. :lol

Anyone know what the 'exclusive DLC' is with the (PAL) Street Fighter IV Collector's Edition? Tried looking online but I can't find any info....

mr_sockochris said:
Anyone know what the 'exclusive DLC' is with the (PAL) Street Fighter IV Collector's Edition? Tried looking online but I can't find any info....

costumes for abel, zangief, rufus, el fuerte, and e honda.

donkey show said:
Phew, finally unlocked everyone. So damn time consuming, even with one round battles.
How do you unlock Gouken? I have all the characters bar him and Seth obviously, and I fought him with Sagat, but after I beat him I did not unlock him :(.

Tr4nce

Hurm. I want this game so fucking bad right now. Several of you are playing this baby right now, and I am going mad from waiting. Dicks!

yurinka

CheapyD said:
Fwiw, the game IS NOT sold out in Japan...not even close.

Reports of Street Fighter IV Sell Out in Japan Greatly Exaggerated

Picture is from a few hours ago in Tokyo.
As I remember, the publishers doesn't sell to costumers, they ship to retailers. As I can read in Capcom-Unity, they shipped their stimated number of copies to the retailers for the release launch, and the retailers would asked for more copies because they stimated bigger sales for the release, so they sended the copies they had for Monday.

This means the retailers thought the game was undershipped for the real demand they saw the release day. That's all. Obviously Capcom can't know if the game is sold out in every single little store.

If the retailers think they have enough copies until the next shipment (Monday), they wait. Not this case.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Captain N said:
who is everyone going to main?
I'd be pretty surprised if it's anyone but Ryu or Ken for me. C. Viper looks awesome though.

And everyone playing now is an importer right? My jealousy will double if anyone has the North American version.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
I so fucking love this game. Damn played all night practicing abels combos (fuuuuuuuuuck hardddd) playing through arcade with many interruptions from online guys and losing some and winning some.

So good.

Sooooooooooooooo good.

CheapyD

yurinka said:
As I remember, the publishers doesn't sell to costumers, they ship to retailers. As I can read in Capcom-Unity, they shipped their stimated number of copies to the retailers for the release launch, and the retailers would asked for more copies because they stimated bigger sales for the release, so they sended the copies they had for Monday.

This means the retailers thought the game was undershipped for the real demand they saw the release day. That's all. Obviously Capcom can't know if the game is sold out in every single little store.

If the retailers think they have enough copies until the next shipment (Monday), they wait. Not this case.

Major retailers in Tokyo have the game in-stock, not just little mom and pop stores in the sticks. In fact, I've yet to see a store that didn't have the game in stock!

From the Capcom blog:

There ARE no more copies to sell on the store shelves.
Sales couldn't have been any higher because every single copy in the stores has been sold.
Hell, the title of their post is "Street Fighter IV Sold Out in Japan"

I can't presume what Capcom meant to write, I only know what they wrote, which is "Every single copy in the stores has been sold". That is just not true.

Ronabo

sp0rsk said:
.... playing through arcade with many interruptions from online guys and losing some and winning some.

That is just such a cool mode. I'm excited to try it out. I can't wait

Grifter

gutter_trash said:
he is the biggest TURTLER in SF history.... even more than Guile.
If people hate turtlers.. then they dispise Dee-Jay

why do you make such informed sounding statements when you know so little?

Top Bottom