• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

FindMyFarms said:
Hey everyone, Argonik, the tournament organizer of Absolute Battle is starting up a website that will be the central hub of the Dallas Tx fighting game scene.

http://www.digitalko.net/

It JUST opened up a day ago, so there's not too much content, but with more tournaments and events coming up, it will definitely be beefier. Expect streams, videos of previous matches, video game podcasts (not just limited to fighting games) and various articles to come up.

Can we expect swimsuit shoots and Q&As from our favorite DTX players? Maybe a calendar?

Pctx

Banned
GGs galatic... I've still gotta some work cut out for me. Thankfully I should be getting my TE2 stick this weekend.

Joekage

GG's to all on PSN who I played. Sorry about the lag, was probably on my end. College internet is pretty horrible unfortunately. Galactic, one day we will have lag free matches and you will own me with your Ryu, but for now the power of lag and crossup dive kicks is on my side lol.

Really excited for that new DTX site FMF. Working hard training on this stick so I'll be able to get my videos posted on that site. Give me some time, and I'm coming for you bro xD.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
OK guys here's the deal....I bought the PC version of SFIV and have been playing this game on my laptop for the past three to four weeks every night here at work. And you know what? It is.....

FUCKING AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope you're sitting down for this because you're not going to believe what I am about to reveal to you......I am playing Street Fighter IV.....on a Sprint Wireless Broadband connection.....I repeat....I playing this game on a FUCKING SPRINT WIRELESS BROADBAND CONNECTION!!!!!! And I bullshit you not, roughly 85% to 90% of my games have been VERY playable with very little lag! I fucking bullshit you not! I have absolutely *NO* idea where all these complaints about shitty netcode are coming from, but it is smooth as butter on my end!

Not only that, but I am always.....*ALWAYS* able to find a match online. But here's the deal....I don't go looking for matches, I play the arcade mode until someone joins, and as God is my witness I cannot even get past the very beginning of the first match against the AI before someone joins! And we're talking 12:00-2:00AM Pacific Coast Time(Los Angeles, California). That is the only time I play this game and even at this crazy hour on the west coast, someone is *always* joining my game. Like I said, Midnight to 2AM and someone always joins! Fucking amazing. There are way way WAAAAAY more people playing the PC version than you guys think there are. I suspect hundreds upon thousands of peeps are floating around out there. Well, maybe not during when *YOU* play, but over here on the West Coast of California between midnight and 2:00 they sure are out of the woodworks!

Like I said , I have no idea where all these complaints are coming from, but this game performs *MARVELOUSLY* on my end and has very EXCEPTIONAL netcode! I mean seriously....do I have to remind you for a third fucking time that I am playing this game at work on my laptop on a fucking *wireless broadband* connection and still more than 75% of my online games have been near lagless? That is a magnificent feat Capcom, and I commend you. Don't listen to the haters guys, this PC Port is nothing short of amazing and I couldn't be happier! The only thing I would improve about the PC version of Street Fighter 4, are
my skills, cuz I suck ass at it :D

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
:lol :lol :lol

GalacticAE said:
Can we expect swimsuit shoots and Q&As from our favorite DTX players? Maybe a calendar?

Uhhh, aside from Buktooth, no one cares enough about our SF4 players to merit a Q&A haha. Tekken is a different story though, as we do have the most dominant Tekken player in American history in our city, I'm sure people would be all over that. As for the swimsuit shoots, I'll try and see if I can get some chicks to do some sf4 related posing and pop it on the site lol.

And there's already a calendar on the right hand side dawg!

MarkMan said:

Who's the chic in the right hand picture on your website? She instantly put me into fap mode.

Joekage said:
Really excited for that new DTX site FMF.

The streaming for theSEX tourney should be taken care of through that site, and also recorded. It'll be sweettt.

Mike M

Nick N
I used to be good at SF amongst my circle if friends in high school, but we weren't really all that great.

But now I'm trying to make a concerted effort to *get* good at SF4. If anyone is willing to brutalize a scrub trying to better himself, my XBL name is MisterMiksch, I'm usually on around 5pm PST.

You will destroy me, but I'll keep coming back until you don't.

isamu has the best posts

---

tournament this weekend.
my first since like, june

i'm really rusty, but i miss the competitive spirit
<----pot monster

Rice-Eater said:
What about Hsien Chang? Isn't he from Texas?

Oh yeah for sure. While we'll have match vids from all over, with regards to the community DigitalKO'd will be more about Dallas and Hsien is from Austin.

He's a fuckin monster at fighting games. The man beat Kokujin!!

GL dementia!

LowParry

isamu said:
FUCKING AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

alborghetti21zj.gif

I think that about sums up his excitement. :lol

Grifter

_dementia said:
isamu has the best posts

---

tournament this weekend.
my first since like, june

i'm really rusty, but i miss the competitive spirit
<----pot monster

yeah, bring it home!

tourney for me next week but i've been visiting the fam all week. any xbl/gfw'ers want a lengthy session tonight?

FindMyFarms said:
Oh yeah for sure. While we'll have match vids from all over, with regards to the community DigitalKO'd will be more about Dallas and Hsien is from Austin.

He's a fuckin monster at fighting games. The man beat Kokujin!!

Oops, I didn't notice you were talking specifically about Dallas and not Texas as a whole.

ptown

In 3S, Makoto players did close st.FP into SAII.

Any tips for that kind of motion/execution besides going from neutral into super motion really fast?

I usually don't ever use that motion, but I've seen Combofiend's Abel do far st.MP into super and was wondering if anyone else sees the execution involved the same way I do... difficult. Mainly, the overlap of Abel's qcf+P move is the problem.

Wondering how people do it.

noisome07

Banned
Heavy's Sandvich said:
What does it mean by tool-assisted? I've always wondered this.

I THINK it's when you can program a combo or pretty much anything to 1 key. So you can do combos perfectly every time just by pressing a key.

Heavy's Sandvich said:
What does it mean by tool-assisted? I've always wondered this.
Stuff like a script on a computer which will press the pad buttons at the exact time you tell it too, so you can more or less make perfect combo's down to a single frame.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Diablohead said:
Stuff like a script on a computer which will press the pad buttons at the exact time you tell it too, so you can more or less make perfect combo's down to a single frame.

are there people out there that can pull several 1 frame links after another to string together a "TAC"-looking combo?

ShinNL

Corky said:
are there people out there that can pull several 1 frame links after another to string together a "TAC"-looking combo?
A lot of them can be done but due to damage scaling and risk involved in missing, it's not really that practical. Are Sakura tatsu combos 1 frame links after every tatsu?

Cause when I do
FA, LK tatsu, st.MK, LK tatsu, st.MK, LK tatsu, cr.HP, LK tatsu, st.LK, EX tatsu, Air smash thingy x3
It does the same damage as
FA, LK tatsu, st.HP, LK tatsu, cr.HP, EX tatsu, Air smash thingy x3

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Corky said:

My Ryu combo has several very hard links but it's impossible to do in a match because of exceeded bars.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Ive installed this 'online hug plugin' for IE8. Let me try it:

* Hugs Majestros *

Yup, it works! ;)

CPS2

Corky said:

A lot of the setups for Majestros' combos require control of both characters, so it doesn't really matter how good you are, nobody has enough hands to do these combos =P

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
-COOLIO- said:
2400 BP RECORD RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

im climbin like a mofo yall!

You're playing ranked and not championship? I thought everyone gave that mode up.

profit

Something weird is happening with my stick.
When I want to crouch backwards, it does not register or my character starts walking backwards....
Is my stick broken? :(

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
UC1 said:
A lot of the setups for Majestros' combos require control of both characters, so it doesn't really matter how good you are, nobody has enough hands to do these combos =P

Especially Marky since one hand is always down his pants. Ooooooooooooooooooooo. I said it.

MIMIC

Banned
Lyte Edge said:
You're playing ranked and not championship? I thought everyone gave that mode up.

I played a really tight ranked match recently (after not playing for quite a while), won and gained 1 point.

Fuck that shit :lol

So I'm trying to get ready for Ibuki by running through Viper's trials. Number 3 is a pain in the ass, and 2 was no walk in the park either ( I can do it a little bit better now though). How in the hell does anyone play Viper :( I need to learn how to do SJC's into Ultra nao. Any tips from resident GAF Viper's/ Combo Mastahs?

I can't believe some people do this shit in a match. And I thought I had decent execution by being able to do whatever I want with Cammy :lol This adds to why I suck at BB/GG.

Edit: and of course, upon posting this, I mash the hell outta my stick and it comes out. I wish I was in challenge mode when I did it -_-; Gonna be a while before I can do this on command...

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
I think a lot of my execution problems are from the way I hold/use my stick. After a motion i'll let it spring back to neutral. Because of the recoil weird shit will register, like i've let it go back to neutrall after hitting back and had forward dashes come out. Or I'll do a hurricane motion and have akuma's demon flip or whatever come out all the time. It's not really a problem in HD Remix, but I think the EZ inputs are fucking things up.

Is there a way to mod the stick so that the slight recoil doesn't set off the directional sensors?

Also, I'll be on XBL soon. GT: Chickeny Dinner. Get murdered, chumps.

edit: is Ibuki gonna be really hard execution wise? :(

Top Bottom