• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

MIMIC said:
Do what? Couldn't find the full portion of the post you were referring to :-/

I think he meant using the programmable devices to perform combos in online matches.

MIMIC said:
How bout MP?
Looked up the Dhalsim's frame data page. I'm a little unclear on deciphering these numbers now that I can compare them side by side. They're towards the bottom, listed from LP - HP super:

http://www.shoryuken.com/wiki/index.php/Dhalsim_(SFIV)

HP Inferno is invincible for 2 more frames than MP Inferno, which is invincible for 2 more frames than LP inferno.

Majestros

You can't handle the truth!
I doubt anyone would go through all the trouble of programming combos for online play using the console versions. You gotta buy a lot of crap that's practically impossible to find nowadays and figure out how to use it since it's all labeled in Japanese. You're way more likely to run into people using simple rapid-fire because it makes everything easier, especially for link characters.

You can't really get 1-frame links consistently with a rapid-fire controller because you can't input the button on every frame. Pushing a button every frame is the same thing as holding it, so you'd get nothing. But if the rapid-fire controller is perfectly in sync so that it's pressing and releasing every other frame, then you should be able to get 2-frame links every single time.

The PC version is a whole different story. I'm sure some people have combos scripted. But then again it is a lot of work and i can't imagine that being fun for anyone. It certainly wouldn't be fun for me to play that way.

Majestros said:
The PC version is a whole different story. I'm sure some people have combos scripted. But then again it is a lot of work and i can't imagine that being fun for anyone. It certainly wouldn't be fun for me to play that way.

Just out of curiosity, would it be possible to program combos to recognize hit confirms? Say you're playing Ryu and do a jump in, then you press A to do a scripted combo. If the jumping fierce lands then pressing A will result a cr. MP, cr. HP, SRK(jump-in has to be deep though). But if the j. fierce is blocked then you will do a cr. LK, cr. LP, cr. HP, Hado. No, I'm not saying I want to pursue this at all but it would be pretty bad ass but sooo wrong and cheap at the same time.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I didn't know you could reset your opponent with cr.mp after fierce shoryuken FADC.

Only possible with counter it seems.

Yoshichan said:
I didn't know you could reset your opponent with cr.mp after fierce shoryuken FADC.

Only possible with counter it seems.

So, resets!?? Has anyone done this yet? I was messin in training mode hte other day, didn't actually use it in a match yet.

Your viper w/ opponent in the corner.

FFF ex seismo SJC FADC cr. fp (stand resets) SJC mk BK (crosses up) ultra

It's fuckin phat! Only trouble was they'd only land corner side half the time for the ultra to connect. And if they do land corner side, you have to do the ultra motion like qcf to the right, then qcf to the left, kinda weird.

dragonballjoseph said:

Huh? random?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
FindMyFarms said:
So, resets!?? Has anyone done this yet? I was messin in training mode hte other day, didn't actually use it in a match yet.
Forgot to say! It was with Ken :lol

Yoshichan said:
Forgot to say! It was with Ken :lol

OH yeah I know, i was just thinkin of sweet resets lol. I know nothing about ken :(

Only trick in my book is after a dizzy doin st. rh xx LK tatsu then throw(so scaling doesn't rape u), since people usually expect rh tatsu, you can catch em off guard

dragonballjoseph said:
Wow. I thought that read medium DP instead of cr.mp. I'll just go back to my illiterate corner.

It wouldn't have mattered since mp dp doesn't reset anyways :p

Yoshichan

FindMyFarms said:
OH yeah I know, i was just thinkin of sweet resets lol. I know nothing about ken :(
Ken's has some pretty beasty mind games when it comes to the real deal but then again, everyone's seen Maximillian videos so... :lol

Yoshichan

dragonballjoseph said:
Kick a man while he's down why don't yah. :(
Aww don't worry :lol Simple mistake.

Cowie

Rice-Eater said:
Just out of curiosity, would it be possible to program combos to recognize hit confirms? Say you're playing Ryu and do a jump in, then you press A to do a scripted combo. If the jumping fierce lands then pressing A will result a cr. MP, cr. HP, SRK(jump-in has to be deep though). But if the j. fierce is blocked then you will do a cr. LK, cr. LP, cr. HP, Hado. No, I'm not saying I want to pursue this at all but it would be pretty bad ass but sooo wrong and cheap at the same time.

As far as I know (admittedly I haven't exactly gone looking), there isn't anything like that. Basic macro programs wouldn't have the ability to tell something like that. The best you could do is program in option selects, and you could probably get pretty witty with them, but I don't think to the level of complexity you described.

I can't be certain without knowing anything about how the game operates, but based on hacks I've seen for other games, it doesn't seem impossible that a dedicated program could be created to run input macros and allow them to check to see, say, if your opponent's health bar is supposed to be decreased, and use that as a hit confirm. It's an interesting concept, but (I hope) anyone that dedicated to winning in Street Fighter at any cost would just learn to play halfway through the project and give up.

Majestros

You can't handle the truth!
Rice-Eater said:
Just out of curiosity, would it be possible to program combos to recognize hit confirms?
No, there's no way to tell the difference between hit and block because impact freeze is the same. But you can definitely program legitimate option selects like hit/block vs whiff.

GalacticAE said:
Is it possible to use some sort of software instead of a programmable controller for combos on PC fighting games and emulated games?
Yeah you can use AutoIt to script input sequences. One of my friends wrote that article explaining how to do it.

DryEyeRelief said:
It is possible to link super into lk hasanzhu, right?
Should be possible if you buffer a move into it then begin charging during impact freeze, like s.HP xx LK Hazanshu.

edit: Sorry, it's actually possible regardless but it's easier if you do it by canceling a normal move or if you do HCB then hold B for a split-second before pressing LK.

Yoshichan

I'm starting to fucking love Ken.

cr.lp xx cr.lp xx stand.lp xx cr.mk xx hadooken FADC xx standing.hk into fierce SRK

I'm terrible explaining combos but I hope someone understands :lol Any more ways to maximize the damage with only 2 ex bars?

Majestros said:
Should be possible if you buffer a move into it then begin charging during impact freeze, like s.HP xx LK Hazanshu.

edit: Sorry, it's actually possible regardless but it's easier if you do it by canceling a normal move or if you do HCB then hold B for a split-second before pressing LK.

I see. Thanks.

Yoshichan said:
I'm starting to fucking love Ken.

cr.lp xx cr.lp xx stand.lp xx cr.mk xx hadooken FADC xx standing.hk into fierce SRK

I'm terrible explaining combos but I hope someone understands :lol Any more ways to maximize the damage with only 2 ex bars?

What if you replace that HP SRK with a HK Tatsu? What's the damage difference then?

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
the_log_ride said:
What if you replace that HP SRK with a HK Tatsu? What's the damage difference then?

The combo should be corner only, but close HK into HK Tatsu is some of the greatest damage Ken can deal outside of full ultra. The knee has to hit at the start of the tatsu tho.

Yoshichan

the_log_ride said:
Much higher! Thanks!

Edit - for some reason, I'm having really hard timing the HK after the hadooken FADC now. What the fuck.

I agree Ken is really fun to play. Even though Ryu is my main and favorite character, I honestly enjoy playing Ken more in SF4 and his moves and there properties actually fit my style more. I prefer flaming SRK to knockdown instead of tatsu/ex Tatsu though. If I score a knockdown I have my own little Ken vortex, which can be pretty fun if I keep guessing right.

As for timing the HK, you have to be very close to land a standing HK that can combo. If you're doing 3 jabs before the fireball then you may be pushing your opponent too far away. But then again I'm not sure because I never go for the tatsu mix up for jump in combo(only use it to punish a big whiffs).

Yoshichan

Rice-Eater said:
As for timing the HK, you have to be very close to land a standing HK that can combo. If you're doing 3 jabs before the fireball then you may be pushing your opponent too far away.
Ahhhh, damn! Thanks!

CPS2

GalacticAE said:
Is it possible to use some sort of software instead of a programmable controller for combos on PC fighting games and emulated games?

For emulated games try FBA-RR. Using frame stepping and save states, it's much easier than Auto IT and similar things. For complicated combos you still need to write down what to do on what frame, but a lot of it can be done by just by seeing where you're at. There's other emus with RR functionality you can check at tasvideos.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Ken does damage so easily. That's why so many scrubs (not to say that i'm not one) use him. If he had some better normals and a ultra that comboed for full damage he's be soooooo good.

Kadey said:
Great job Haunts. Always nice to see a Gaffer beat up on a pro. PAM! PAM! PAM!

Just cause you're a gaffer doesn't mean you can't be a pro.

Threi

notag
actually being a GAFer guarantees that you're a pro.

*edit*

Been spending a while in the training room with Bison. Trying to get his close range game down some more. Not really liking rog's playstyle in comparison anymore. Although Rog is very clearly the better char I don't like the properties of his normals. Kinda hard to explain.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Timedog said:
Just cause you're a gaffer doesn't mean you can't be a pro.

I'm not saying nobody can on here. My idea of a pro is someone who has made a name for themselves at tourneys and frequently goes to them. Yeb is the only person on here who can legitimately be one. Despite that I still think of him as more of a Gaffer. It would be cool if those pros actually posted on GAF.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Sunroute was a lot of fun. Probably do a whole write up soon on it... Ed Ma roasted me and so did Joe Dubbs but I was happy to play Mike Ross in a tournament again. I was one match from making top 8. :\

oh yeah ..MOV is godlike in 3s.

I'm starting to think that I should have started out with Balrog rather than Bison. I've won a G1 championship and was runner-up 3 times over the past 2 days (I don't do the mode that much). It's like I can still do my Bison rushdown, but I actually have a way to adequately defend myself:lol.

I am having some problems with my headbutt though. I do my jab and go for it, but it just doesn't come out. I swear I'm charging too. And my EX Dash Upper links are pretty good despite me not really putting much practice into it. I surprised the crap out of myself when I did the loop three times on a Chun earlier today. ^_^

Kadey said:
I'm not saying nobody can on here. My idea of a pro is someone who has made a name for themselves at tourneys and frequently goes to them. Yeb is the only person on here who can legitimately be one. Despite that I still think of him as more of a Gaffer. It would be cool if those pros actually posted on GAF.

Findmyfarms, GalacticAE, Minipez, Haunts, Fubarduck, Grifter...Yeb...

And Eggo is pretty boss in HD Remix (he just doesn't like this game).

There's a few on here. No, we don't have Gootecks, Alex Valle, J.Wong, Sabin, etc like SRK but, admittedly, that's the home of the SF community on the web.

And good job Haunts. You're one of my favorite Sagats.

LakeEarth

dragonballjoseph said:
I am having some problems with my headbutt though. I do my jab and go for it, but it just doesn't come out. I swear I'm charging too.
I hope I get this right.

Try jab -> short -> headbutt. To cancel a normal to a special move, the move leading up to the normal cannot be a cancel. Jab jab can be cancelled together, but if you do it slowly there's plenty of time to link them, which is why it can sometimes work. Jab -> short I think can only be linked so it's more consistent.

Gah. My Street Fighter logic is gone today. I meant to say short. But nevertheless, I still miss it somehow. I do j.hk > jab > jab > short > nothing. :(
Oh well, my stick we'll be here soon and it'll all be fine.

AZ Greg

GGs Botox.

Man, I really feel douchey playing Dhalsim sometimes. And my Vega timing is really taking a hit with all the Dhalsim practice.

Hag said:
So it's gonna be videos of Sunroute and MOV's matches in 3s soon, right?

They've started uploading them.

Wow, those Sun Route (sp) matches on GYT's youtube pages make up for the lack of stream. Ed Ma is pretty sick with Hakuma.

Also, I didn't know Shady K switched from Hakuma to Roo.

Mike Ross should probably switch to a new character with Super (unless they buff Honda to get around fireballs). I thought he was using Zangief. Course, Zangief is at a huge disadvantage against the likes of Sagat.

And J.Wong, what else can be said.

Top Bottom