• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I'm going to Japan next week...

Saturday is God's Garden II, Japan's biggest console Street Fighter IV event. Most of the top players will be there, looking forward to it! Gonna bring a bunch of arcade sticks to support the event!

Sunday is the TEKKEN 6 Global Championships FINAL! Hori will have a booth there and I should get some hands on time with their RAP Premium VLX (Vewlix) series. Can't wait to check it out!

Both events will have live streams!

FIGHTING GAME WEEKEND CONFIRMED!

Going to give KAYOpolice my fightstick <3

Stream monsters unite.

Saqs was stylin on them during Haunts vs. the World. I felt bad for him because they were sort of accusing him of using lag tactics.

Anyone want to play PSN or Xbaux?

-Mikey-

MarkMan said:

Saturday is God's Garden II, Japan's biggest console Street Fighter IV event. Most of the top players will be there, looking forward to it! Gonna bring a bunch of arcade sticks to support the event!

Sunday is the TEKKEN 6 Global Championships FINAL! Hori will have a booth there and I should get some hands on time with their RAP Premium VLX (Vewlix) series. Can't wait to check it out!

Hey MarkMan, any idea what time they will be streaming? Need to figure out the time difference.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
No Keystone tonight -- I couldnt get down there but I think 80% of the players are in SoCal anyway.

MarkMan said:

Tell Hiroaki and KSK I said wusssup!!!

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
haunts said:
No Keystone tonight -- I couldnt get down there but I think 80% of the players are in SoCal anyway.

Tell Hiroaki and KSK I said wusssup!!!

I will!

I'll tell em, champion of the white people tournament, haunts of iplaywinner, says SUP!

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
yay finally made it through guiles hard trials with my frigging 360 controller but theres soo many left that I cant even fathom how I'm supposed to do

Like I'm stuck at vipers no 2
gens no 2 ( although doesnt seem TOO difficult )
kens no 4
abels no 5
chuns no 2
rufus no 5 ( ILL KILL YOU, ILL FUCKING KILL YOU! )
fuertes no 4
rose no 1 ( sersiously wtf is wrong with this simple combo?
cammy no 1¨
fei long no 4
gouken no 4 ( I've really tried, really really tried :( )

So whats the secret ? :(

I realize that I wont be able to do some of the upcoming trials for like viper n shit, but I wanna be able to do the ones that are atleast somewhat plausible, ( ken,rufus,gouken,fei etc)

edit : finished goukens since i wrote this, that was vomitinducingly annoying

I think i'm finally getting the hang of Viper. I still mostly get owned online by anyone decent at the game but I feel like I'm actually leveling up with her. I feel like I can beat a few scrubs with my Viper which puts me at the Upper Scrub skill level.
I realized you have to take risks with her to be effective. More so than any of the other chars I've played. And to be effective with her you really DO have to be able to trick your opponent like no other. REALLY have to get inside their mind. Seems like for her its you either mindfuck or get fucked and I finally understand that now.
Seems like I have to play spastic to be effective and sometimes be completely random. Like you're always supposed to be doing SOMETHING with her. She's never supposed to stand still and do nothing/wait but you have to be doing something constantly.
Finally realizing this instantly made her 10x more fun to use. I used to find her somewhat boring because I just tried to stay away all the time and try to bait stuff but I now realize I was doing it wrong.
I also realized I play Street Fighter for the dizzy. Holy shit dizzying someone is SO satisfying.
And on that note, I can't fucking wait to play Makoto.
Any general or specific viper tips would be much appreciated. My To-Do List with viper is still quite large: learn FFF, incorporate feints into block strings, try to do sjc'd series of seismos in a real match, and learning her st. mp, cr. mp link and st. lk, cr. mp link.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Hitokage said:
Kadey, if somebody uses the bottom avatar, you're getting banned too.

I keep forgetting how big some of the files get. :lol

Here you go, have some of my fight money.

141t5xj.jpg

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
I get in to work yesterday morning and I'm all like "hey, I think I'm getting bronchitis so I'd rather not be outside a lot today." So then a scant 30 minutes later they're like "Hey Phil go do this in the parking lot for a couple hours 'cause the usual guy called in and you never say no to anything we ask of you."

So I get home, sick as hell, and boot up SF4 and man I scrubbed the place up. It's interesting to me how much a person's game can fall off if their mind isn't all there. Even if I go a couple days without getting a ton of sleep or I skip a meal or something it kinda throws me off.

So what's the thing that you all run into most often that affects you when you play SF4? I think the thing I run into most often is just not getting enough sleep.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Lost Fragment said:
I get in to work yesterday morning and I'm all like "hey, I think I'm getting bronchitis so I'd rather not be outside a lot today." So then a scant 30 minutes later they're like "Hey Phil go do this in the parking lot for a couple hours 'cause the usual guy called in and you never say no to anything we ask of you."

So I get home, sick as hell, and boot up SF4 and man I scrubbed the place up. It's interesting to me how much a person's game can fall off if their mind isn't all there. Even if I go a couple days without getting a ton of sleep or I skip a meal or something it kinda throws me off.

So what's the thing that you all run into most often that affects you when you play SF4?
I think the thing I run into most often is just not getting enough sleep.

Oh yes it does, definitely. My mind can easily wander and I think about something random and puff... I am screwed. I can fall for the stupidest tactics when I do this :lol

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Oh shit, God's Garden II? I just read about this just now!

Man, I'm going to be out for the evening, but it'll be with most of the big group of guys that I game with anyways, so now I gotta see if we can get that up on the big screen somehow!

Skilotonn said:
Oh shit, God's Garden II? I just read about this just now!

Man, I'm going to be out for the evening, but it'll be with most of the big group of guys that I game with anyways, so now I gotta see if we can get that up on the big screen somehow!
it's next weekend

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Lost Fragment said:

So what's the thing that you all run into most often that affects you when you play SF4? I think the thing I run into most often is just not getting enough sleep.

Definitely sleep. When I'm acting weird. It's mainly because I'm sleepy and doing things to keep myself awake.

That and easily being distracted. Cellphone, other people in the room, what's on tv, surfing while paying, etc.

Steaks

Grifter said:
Heading to a tourney now but not killing my car of players in the snow looks to be the real challenge.
Winter Brawl? I was debating going but the weather is too shitty for me even though its like 2 hours away :lol

The true Winter Brawl will be with the highways it seems :(

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I'm surprised you are going anywhere. I heard NY had it worse than us the last two days and I'm basically still surrounded by snow.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
It's CRAZY how good my Ken is starting to get now. Insane.

MIMIC

Banned
Corky said:
rose no 1 ( sersiously wtf is wrong with this simple combo?

I finished them all and redid this one out of curiosity.

How do to it:

LP > LP *slight pause* LP (cancel) light soul spark (cancel) Super

What I did was do the first LPs really fast so that you can get a sense of the slight pause between LP #2 & LP #3. You're pretty much grouping the first 2 LPs and then grouping the 3rd LP and the light soul spark

(LP, LP) (LP, light soul spark)

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
MIMIC said:
I finished them all and redid this one out of curiosity.

How do to it:

LP > LP *slight pause* LP (cancel) light soul spark (cancel) Super

What I did was do the first LPs really fast so that you can get a sense of the slight pause between LP #2 & LP #3. You're pretty much grouping the first 2 LPs and then grouping the 3rd LP and the light soul spark

(LP, LP) (LP, light soul spark)

thanks man, though my 360 blew up today so now I cant try it out :((((

AZ Greg

dragonballjoseph said:
So according to that, Bison is now the second to worse character? Yeah... no...
Blanka-Bison being 7-3 while Guile-Bison is 6-4 is also ridiculous.

Unless I'm reading this list wrong.

Yeah, I think you're reading it wrong. Unless you mean Vega instead of Bison. EventHubs has it translated on their website. I just wanted to link to the source.

Top Bottom