• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Damn, that Satymdas guy beasted me 17-6 in a Dhalsim mirror. GG if you're reading this.

I got a few things I need to learn and remember about that matchup.

AZ Greg

BotoxAgent said:
GGs as always AZ Greg. I think I have decent understanding of the Sim matchup thanks to our marathon matches. I think the only thing that really irritates me is that annoying knockdown ultra mixup that you do....I just have to guess that shit :/ Ultra and then eating a super, that shit hurts.

Yeah, Chun's neutral HK has its uses, but Capcom has to give us Chun players a break for giving her such a shitty floaty ass jump, lol. I am still experimenting on training mode on what angles I can jump-in on your anti-airs. Sorry for that accidental taunt, that was me messing up the timing of my option select :-/.

Yeah, the ultra mixups are tough. But Dhalsim is limited in the ways he can knock people down. He has his throws, of course. But then he has HK slide which can be risky and unsafe if spaced improperly. Yoga Flame, which usually is only going to come at the end of a combo, unless the opponent does something extremely punishable. Super, which will only come out in the same situations as the Yoga Flame. MP/HP fireballs, which I rarely use and people rarely get hit by. And crumple stuns. Sometimes it'll be useful in non-knockdown situations, if you're close enough to not be able to run from it, but still far enough that you can't punish me on reaction when I use it. Definitely a nice tool to have though, especially when I have a Super ready to go if the Ultra hits. :D It'll be interesting to see how is Ultra 2 turns out, but I don't see wanting to give up the 1st one. Hopefully that wasn't the only thing Seth K. was referring to when he mentioned Dhalsim possibly moving up the tier lists. :)

And don't worry about the taunt. I figured it had to do with the option select. I think it happened a time or two the other day and all the situations had been when you'd normally tag me with the Hazanshu part of the option select.

Wow good shit by Combofiend, too bad he couldn't close out :/ Did Ricky play combo?

Also, in the world of tx sf4 (which isn't as exciting lol) Team Fubarduck OCV'ED Team Farms in the Houston 2v2. woohoo

har har ur reading this uhdeal

haunts

Bacon of Hope
FindMyFarms said:
Wow good shit by Combofiend, too bad he couldn't close out :/ Did Ricky play combo?

Also, in the world of tx sf4 (which isn't as exciting lol) Team Fubarduck OCV'ED Team Farms in the Houston 2v2. woohoo

har har ur reading this uhdeal

Who was it? Fubar and Jonlo?

haunts

Bacon of Hope
a good abel is rough but they seem inconsistent just due to his play style. good shit on second tho, always good to hear about a gaffer beating up on some pros. HAHA.

edit: damn spell checker. -_-

haunts said:
a good abel is rough but they seem inconsistent just due to his play style. good shit on second tho, always good to hear about a gaffer beating up on some pros. HAHA.

edit: damn spell checker. -_-

Oh man, not even, we got 4th *_*

Did you compete in level up?

haunts

Bacon of Hope
FindMyFarms said:
Oh man, not even, we got 4th *_*

Did you compete in level up?

oooh... my bad..for some reason i figured it was your team vs fubars in the GF.. who was your teammate?

I didnt go to Level Up, was just down there for Sunroute.. Ricky got 3rd tho so NorCal did some damage... was hoping he would beat Justin but oh well..

man..there have been no tournaments like all month in norcal...sucks.. X(

haunts said:
oooh... my bad..for some reason i figured it was your team vs fubars in the GF.. who was your teammate?

I didnt go to Level Up, was just down there for Sunroute.. Ricky got 3rd tho so NorCal did some damage... was hoping he would beat Justin but oh well..

man..there have been no tournaments like all month in norcal...sucks.. X(

My partner was Andrew P, we've teamed up in every single 2's tourney. His name isn't out there at all, but he's good as fucckkkk. >>results<<

Did Ricky run into Wong in both winners and losers? Because I honestly can't imagine him losing to combo, or anyone that's not Justin for that matter.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
FindMyFarms said:
My partner was Andrew P, we've teamed up in every single 2's tourney. His name isn't out there at all, but he's good as fucckkkk. >>results<<

Did Ricky run into Wong in both winners and losers? Because I honestly can't imagine him losing to combo, or anyone that's not Justin for that matter.

ricky played justin in winners, lost, then lost to combo in losers, combo took a set from justin then justin won it. surprised ricky lost to combo though.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
haunts said:
Tell your bro good shit at level up...he got like top 8 right?

Yessir he got in that top 8! Funny thing is, he hasnt' played SF4 for weeks but practiced his ass off for TEKKEN 6 and went 0-2 :(

Combofiend had a sick Cammy! The matches between him/Ricky and him/Justin were very fun to watch.

Congrats Findy.

And I should play that Dhalsim everyone keeps talking about so I can get my revenge against AZ Greg.

And did J.Wong and Ricky play a Rufus mirror match? Wow, and I guess Alex Valle didn't get his NorCal Regionals revenge?

Edit: Congrats to your brother, Markman.

SoCal Level|Up Tournament results (courtesy of thread on SRK):

Street Fighter IV
Winner: Justin Wong (7-1, cammy, rufus)
2. Combofiend (cammy, abel, sagat)
3. Ricky O (rufus)
4. Shizza (chun)
5. Juicebox (abel, ryu)
5. Mike Ross (edmund)
7. ShadyK (akuma)
7. AlexMan (viper)

Doesn't look like Valle played. :(

And Is it true? Justin using Cammy? Combo using Sagat?

And I remember Alexman now. He was that Viper that gave Haunts some trouble on the Haunts vs. the

LakeEarth

The new tier lists are weird. They put Sagat Blanka at 7:3, but I thought that was a near even matchup. They also list Seth Zangief as 8:2, but that number doesn't really hold up in practice.

Blanka vs sagat isn't "almost" even. I think 7-3 is a bit much, but sagat has a noitcaeable advantage in the matchup. Blanka has to just fucking win with bullshit shenanigans most of the time.

Seth Gief 8-2 is BS. That match is 6-4 at WORST. Also I do not see how Blanka has 127 tier points, only 5 away from Balrog. I really think Blanka is a bad character, and I don't see what the Japanese see at all. Anyone care to shed some light?

Also, people starting to use Cammy, BUT SHE SUCKS lololol. Wong's been telling us he's been keeping Cammy as his secondary for a while now. No surprise seeing as she's just a more well rounded Rufus (divekicks with better normals and best anti-air in the game.)

Seriously, Cammy is SO GOOD. Her only bad matchups are Rog, MAYBE Gief, and Bison. Although I really don't think she loses to Gief at all. Outside of that she splits with Ryu and Sagat, and beats Akuma clean.

I might hop on the Abel/Cammy bandwagon too after last night. Lool. We're gonna try to hit up Arcade Infinity today. Hopefully peeps are playing.

Oh and thanks to markman for hooking my friend and I up with a keychain.

Spiderjericho said:
Congrats Findy.

And I should play that Dhalsim everyone keeps talking about so I can get my revenge against AZ Greg.

And did J.Wong and Ricky play a Rufus mirror match? Wow, and I guess Alex Valle didn't get his NorCal Regionals revenge?

Edit: Congrats to your brother, Markman.
Yeah Satyamdas will defitnitely have u prepared for any other Sim out there...

black_vegeta said:
Yeah Satyamdas will defitnitely have u prepared for any other Sim out there...

If your on psn add sinister-x if you wanna play a good dhalsim.

He'll destroy you, guaranteed.

Have vids been posted of the level up tourney?

Find, is Sinister-X in the GAFchat?

And I'm still waiting to see the Valle vs. Yeb FT10 battle. I tried looking in the GYTnews archive and found nothing, nadda, zilch. I liked on their youtube page and they only have the Sunroute vids. Socal is putting in that work. J.Wong winning two tournaments in the last two weeks.

And looks like Galactic AE is having a grand 'ol time in Cali.

:( Poor Yeb.

That was a great set, especially with the commentary. One of the interesting things James said was in ST, Claw users would just mainly do his off the wall shenanigans. But there was a wealth of moves or tools that Vega had (standing roundhouse, low fierce, low forward, standing forward, cancel chip roll, etc).

Gen doesn't seem to enjoy the same wealth, as his "Slap Chop" is like his main tool. Not to say he's not decent otherwise but it's not like in A3 where he has chains, decent pokes and guard crush.

It's too bad they took away the "Slap Chop." It seemed like he really needed it. Hope they give him some alternative besides just the chains.

Yeb did good, winning four matches and coming down the wire in a few others.

What was the result of the Valle/Wong concept match? I never saw it.

I have a Sim vs Cammy grudge match with a friend (I play Sim). Any tips? I've seen his yoga flame canceled into his super but I don't know if it's supposed to be weak or fierce or what.

Spiderjericho said:
Find, is Sinister-X in the GAFchat?

And I'm still waiting to see the Valle vs. Yeb FT10 battle. I tried looking in the GYTnews archive and found nothing, nadda, zilch. I liked on their youtube page and they only have the Sunroute vids. Socal is putting in that work. J.Wong winning two tournaments in the last two weeks.

And looks like Galactic AE is having a grand 'ol time in Cali.
Oh definitely. :)

gutabo

GGs AZ Greg, I'm sorry I didn't play anymore, I didn't want to come out as an asshole but I just have Live back after almost 2 months and I really wanted to play other kind of matches(like against rufus). Your Sim is looking good tho. But I already have a local friend to play against him. And still, I don't like to play against Sim using Honda that much.

FindMyFarms said:
Seriously, Cammy is SO GOOD. Her only bad matchups are Rog, MAYBE Gief, and Bison. Although I really don't think she loses to Gief at all. Outside of that she splits with Ryu and Sagat, and beats Akuma clean.

Really wanna know what you think about her matchup with Bison. I find that to be one of her easier ones, but maybe the Bison's I play don't approach it properly? You have Jop in your scene, so I'm probably going to go with that :lol

I think she goes even with both Ryu and Akuma, and although I think Sagat beats her, I doubt I'm playing patiently enough to make a good call on that matchup. I want more practice against more traditional Sagat's, all the ones here attempt to RTSD. I need more practice against people who play better defense period.

Definitely with you on Gief and Rog though. Gief isn't as bad as a lot of players make him out to be for her (but sooooooo much stamina), but Balrog can go straight to hell :D

Don't know why people still sleep on her, I'm worried that she'll be worse in Super. Rumor is that they've lowered her DP (along with the others), hers closer to 100ish damage. Gotta wait to find out for sure I guess :/

Killa Sasa said:
Really wanna know what you think about her matchup with Bison. I find that to be one of her easier ones, but maybe the Bison's I play don't approach it properly? You have Jop in your scene, so I'm probably going to go with that :lol

I think she goes even with both Ryu and Akuma, and although I think Sagat beats her, I doubt I'm playing patiently enough to make a good call on that matchup. I want more practice against more traditional Sagat's, all the ones here attempt to RTSD. I need more practice against people who play better defense period.

Definitely with you on Gief and Rog though. Gief isn't as bad as a lot of players make him out to be for her (but sooooooo much stamina), but Balrog can go straight to hell :D

Don't know why people still sleep on her, I'm worried that she'll be worse in Super. Rumor is that they've lowered her DP (along with the others), hers closer to 100ish damage. Gotta wait to find out for sure I guess :/

Bison just has a bunch of really safe escapes. Rog, Chun, and Bison can all outpoke Cammy, but the difference is when Cammy gets in on Bison, it's almost impossible to keep him pinned down since he has EX DR, Psycho Crusher, and Teleport. This is on top of individual player abilities as being able to block correctly and properly reading the offense.

Cammy gets in on chun, and you know she's going to mash crap and use EX bar to get you off (ex legs or SBK), you can just block and she'll still be right in front of you. With Rog, you can throw him out of all his ex dash punches, and throw is a counter to jab mash as well, so you just have to worry about headbutts. But Bison can just get the Eff away, and roundhouse her to hell.

With Sagat, once you get bar, he can't throw any fireballs since if he does, you get ex drill on reaction and you land right next to him giving you set up. Also make sure you're whiff punishing all his st. roundhouses (with your own st. rh) and baiting him to throw out Tiger Knee whiffs. Also make sure to option select your rh drill after cr. mk whenever you aren't in range, since sagat's like to throw out random bs and you'll catch them with it a lot.

I've been using Rog in the last two team tourneys (since you have to stick to one char) but I used Cammy at the last singles tourney and got second. I'm really liking her as point character in a match, since the only matches that would get me worried with her are Rog or Dictator, both of whom I can switch back to Rog for.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Random but. I need another SCII Beta Key for work reference. If anyone hooks me up, I'll hook you up. ;)

<3

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Rentahamster said:
Nice vid. I probably should have mentioned this earlier, but I was specifically wondering if there's a way to tell whether or not Blanka's ultra is gonna crossup or not.

I dont think there is a sure fire way to know whether or not the ultra will cross up, but I've been told you should look at Blankas hands. If his hands are not touching the opponents feet, then it wont cross up, if it is touching the feet then it most likely will.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
I finally got a batch converting program to convert my fraps video files into something of manageable size. Soooooo, I think I'm gonna FINALLY put up the Turtlesnatcher v. Timedog first to 10 on youtube. I should also have various other videos of me getting beat up on there.

Also, I decided to actually learn how to get pcsx2 set up on my comp, so I've been playing a little 3rd Strike, which I only was able to play like 3 times cause my friends brother "borrowed" my PS2.....which was like a year and a half ago, lol.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Finally figured out how to do a 16:9 widescreen stream using my budget streaming rig... Smooth frame rate and pretty good picture too.. I'll probably debut it this Thursday... :D

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
I made another short combo video. Peep the Windows Live Movie Maker video editing skillz.

Ryu corner combos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLRq2E64Y20

The last combo I told everyone I'd do for the combo HORSE contest months ago if my fightpad hadn't have broke, but now I'm finally getting good enough to do it on arcade stick xD.

Top Bottom