• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
fubarduck said:
I think he just realized that 3, 6 will let you dash. So for example, you can do 623+punch, FADC, then quickly tap 6 once to dash since you've already got a 3 buffered.

That's what I was figuring. Works for Sagat and Ryu, but Ken has to wait on the 2nd hit of the SRK to land...making the motion probably not apply for a dash input most likely. Will putz around with it later...

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Hey Max, is ken's hp srk good vs. focus attacks? I'm wondering what, if any, positives Ryu's new 2 hit srk will have

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Timedog said:
Hey Max, is ken's hp srk good vs. focus attacks? I'm wondering what, if any, positives Ryu's new 2 hit srk will have

It's only good for hit confirming, and starting a FADC ultra combo. Ken's HP SRK can't be used as an AA, only MP can...which is most likely what will happen with Ryu in SSF4 due to the 2nd hit.

Haunts vs. World back from Hiatus for all the haters in Vegas or L.A. w the Lakers.

Time Dog get yo Mayo on vs. Magus' Gief.

And what was the result of Valle vs. Yeb. I looked on GTY and there wasn't an archive (or at least I didn't see it). I saw the joystick review, Alex vs. Mike Ross, Alex vs. Flash Metroid and Alex vs. Marn.

AZ Greg

Fuuuuu

Just ran into this guy name kamisama100. Dude has the best Vega I've ever fought. He destroyed me in the mirrors and I usually do well in those, but he knew how to approach the match-up perfectly. I did a little better and got a win with Sim, but this dude could Izuna Drop anytime he wanted. The only time I can get the same sorta consistency is vs. Sagat (Or some of the other big characters but most of them have a counter to it). And this was only a 3 bar connection. Even though he won almost all the matches against my Sim, I'd actually do good until he'd get that one knockdown and then it was GGs. He'd Izuna Drop me while I tried to block or back dash. And if I teleported it would give me one of the wonky teleports where I still end up next to him thanks to the cross-up nature of Vega's FBA and then he'd be able to hit me with cr.MP xx FBA while I was in recovery. Occasionally I'd do Dhalsim's forward dash and he couldn't seem to grab that well and sometimes I'd get a good teleport that would get me out of danger, but those were both hit and miss depending on where he was. Felt so helpless. :'(

black_vegeta said:
He mentioned that he sent you an invite, but you never replied.

Yeah mang, hit him up.

Satyamdas, you can hit me up via the XBL messaging if you need to say something to GAF. I can check the messages with my IPhone.

I think he's on my friends list, motto is "Yoga Fire" or something. I think I've fought you at some point too. Do you play Akuma?

Threi

notag
AZ Greg said:
Fuuuuu

Just ran into this guy name kamisama100. Dude has the best Vega I've ever fought. He destroyed me in the mirrors and I usually do well in those, but he knew how to approach the match-up perfectly. I did a little better and got a win with Sim, but this dude could Izuna Drop anytime he wanted. The only time I can get the same sorta consistency is vs. Sagat (Or some of the other big characters but most of them have a counter to it). And this was only a 3 bar connection. Even though he won almost all the matches against my Sim, I'd actually do good until he'd get that one knockdown and then it was GGs. He'd Izuna Drop me while I tried to block or back dash. And if I teleported it would give me one of the wonky teleports where I still end up next to him thanks to the cross-up nature of Vega's FBA and then he'd be able to hit me with cr.MP xx FBA while I was in recovery. Occasionally I'd do Dhalsim's forward dash and he couldn't seem to grab that well and sometimes I'd get a good teleport that would get me out of danger, but those were both hit and miss depending on where he was. Felt so helpless. :'(
sounds like you got AZ Greg'd

robut said:
I think he's on my friends list, motto is "Yoga Fire" or something. I think I've fought you at some point too. Do you play Akuma?
No sir, I don't play the shotos. I use dat Rawg!!!

...and sometimes Dictator.

@AZ Greg, finally got a taste of your own medicine. Yeeeeeoooowwww!

XenoRaven

There is salt all over my apartment right now. Good games Greg.

I really needed to knock the rust off after not playing another person in...probably over a month now. Gotta teach my muscles to be able to do things I could barely do before I stopped. I was trying to practice dash Ultra at several points through our games, as you could probably tell. =P

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
You only have to tap forward once to fadc after an SRK HOLY SHIT.
Just tried it out :lol

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
AZ Greg said:
Fuuuuu

This guy is in XBL right? I remember facing a Vega with a name close to that one some time ago. It was a nightmare but I managed to squeeze my victory thanks to Vega's shitty wake-up game. It was absolute hell.

BTW Greg, you once mentioned something about hitting missed Hazanshus or stopping them with an attack Dhalsim has, can't remember. The medium Hazanshu variety though has less recovery frames so maybe you need to check into that later.

fresquito

I'm finally setling for C.Viper as my secondary character. Well, maybe setling is not the right word, but from what I've tried is the most fun of the secondaries I've tried.

My execution is quite lacking, and I think that's a must with Viper, but still, I have my share of fun, so I won't complain.

fubarduck

YakiSOBA said:
am i FADC'ing efficiently?

ie:

SRK, forward+mp+mk, forward, ultra?

SRK, MP+MK, forward, ultra is adequate. when you SRK, you already have a "forward" buffered since you just hit down-towards.

Grifter

xbl games, anybody?

fubarduck said:
SRK, MP+MK, forward, ultra is adequate. when you SRK, you already have a "forward" buffered since you just hit down-towards.

I've never found that reliable. Do you just do it all as a quick motion?

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Is there a legit way to counter Honda's throw with Boxer? I get close and get slammed.

AZ Greg

Relix said:
BTW Greg, you once mentioned something about hitting missed Hazanshus or stopping them with an attack Dhalsim has, can't remember. The medium Hazanshu variety though has less recovery frames so maybe you need to check into that later.

The move was Yoga Tower which makes fireballs pass through Sim and low attacks whiff. For whatever reason, despite Hazanshu hitting high, it'll whiff if Sim does the Yoga tower and then I can immediately go for a throw or a quick normal depending on your position. I don't think any of the Hazanshus recover fast enough to prevent getting punished if I time things right, but it really isn't as practical as I thought it would be. If you're close then it's really hard to do it on reaction and/or not get punished some other way. And if you're further away, the best way to deal with the Hazanshu is with a Focus Attack.

Aedile

Does Ken's full ultra ever combo normally? Since I don't know any better, I've been inputting it after a jump-in hp or hk hit and it's been connecting. Is that just because my opponent is furiously mashing something that comes out too late?

XenoRaven

Aedile said:
Does Ken's full ultra ever combo normally? Since I don't know any better, I've been inputting it after a jump-in hp or hk hit and it's been connecting. Is that just because my opponent is furiously mashing something that comes out too late?
I thought it didn't, but I saw Max combo the full thing after like...I think it was a counterhit fierce dp FADC. Not sure though. That was the first time I've ever seen it happen.

LakeEarth

You get a full ultra if the SRK was a counterhit. From SRK.

Normally, the first hit of Ken's fierce shoryuken keeps the opponent grounded. On counterhit, that first hit sends the opponent in a juggling airborne state. Combined with the weird properties of his ultra, if you FADC then ultra, the counterhit allows him to do his full ultra whereas a regular hit would just give the short, crappy ultra. (Pokey86)

Aedile said:
counterhit as explained above

also, late focus crumple

haunts

Bacon of Hope
So every Thursday is a lock for the VS THE WORLD stream, I may do more through out the week but I am pretty busy lately so we'll see...

GGs last night, I was pretty drunk trying to fill in for MAGUS who didnt show. lol.

fresquito

Aedile said:
You can combo it after a flying EX tetsu.

Aedile said:

Counterhit Fierce SRK
AA Fierce SRK
Late crumple Fierce SRK
(corner) Ex hado fadc Ultra
EX Tatsu

I think that's all of em.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Got really bored.

Up for grabs.

24q3gpy.gif

28u6361.gif

GGs Grifter. You owned me yet again.

AZ Greg, sorry i couldn't play....I played almost 8 hours straight today...and I was pretty pooped by the time I played Grift.

Top Bottom