• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

HAHA Juicebox was so fucking chill at Level Up. Cool guy. He was yelling out Abel shit and acting out some taunts. Combofiend did his Abel ultra re-enactment during top 8 against Juicebox then lost after the ultra failed to kill him. :'(

I just picked up Sakura and Abel so if anyone's down to play some - PSN: GalacticAE.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
gutabo said:
GGs Hitokage, I hope the wait was worth it, we had like 30 or 40 good matches! Looking forward to play you again soon!
I managed to learn quite a bit so I'm more than satisfied.

Your Timedog-like Ryu was annoying though.

gutabo

Hitokage said:
I managed to learn quite a bit so I'm more than satisfied.

Your Timedog-like Ryu was annoying though.
LOL, was that a compliment? I don't really play with ryu or seth(or dhalsim), I'm just starting to use them against people, usually I only use Honda :S

Also lag was sometimes a bummer, I had my bro and her girlfriend here watching youtube like their lives depended on it, I could play later without that problem.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
gutabo said:
LOL, was that a compliment?
It means you were playing spastic, random, and unorthodox. ;)

Also lag was sometimes a bummer, I had my bro and her girlfriend here watching youtube like their lives depended on it, I could play later without that problem.
Yeah, a lot of combos got eaten by lag. :(

gutabo

Hitokage said:
It means you were playing spastic, random, and unorthodox. ;)
Ok, I'll take it as a compliment then :p

Hitokage said:
Yeah, a lot of combos got eaten by lag. :(
Yeah, I was switching from piano to slide for honda's hands all the time thinking that I wasn't doing them properly, when I realized the youtube thing :s Liek I said, we can still play later. If you don't mind, next time I want to use seth more, I like his combos but I know nothing about his matchups. I remember I escaped one of chun li's ultras with him, and I walked forward to punish and only then I realized how slow his walk is, lol. Of course, I couldn't punish you at all, lol.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
gutabo said:
Ok, I'll take it as a compliment then :p

Yeah, I was switching from piano to slide for honda's hands all the time thinking that I wasn't doing them properly, when I realized the youtube thing :s Liek I said, we can still play later. If you don't mind, next time I want to use seth more, I like his combos but I know nothing about his matchups. I remember I escaped one of chun li's ultras with him, and I walked forward to punish and only then I realized how slow his walk is, lol. Of course, I couldn't punish you at all, lol.
I think once when I failed to do the dash part of my dash ultra correctly you jumped backwards then towards me again only to eat her launcher kick. :lol

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
gg's last night hito.

chun is still my nightmare and i'm waaaay too out of practice to be fighting her with a hope of winning. :lol there were some nice taunts mixed in there and i enjoyed robbing your cammy.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
rocK` said:
Keshstud. turning on now.

Let's do a quick ft5
ggs. Staying in crouch much of the time made your Rufus easier than it should have been.

Pandaman said:
there were some nice taunts mixed in there and i enjoyed robbing your cammy.
I've been selecting PA 2 for ages, but wanted to know what the other ones were. PA 4's in-game "lol" is amazing.

rocK`

Banned
Hitokage said:
ggs. Staying in crouch much of the time made your Rufus easier than it should have been.

Sorry, I didn't really offer you a fair fight. I got really annoyed with the random lag (especially after I couldn't hit s.lk, s.hp with Rufus after the 2nd time).

Hopefully we get to play offline, our little bout reminded me why I don't play online.

GG's tonight Galactic, glad I hopped on PSN for a while. Haven't done a long set with ya in a while :lol that Rog is still insane (and he robbed my Ken :( )

I don't know what the hell was wrong with my Cammy, normally I'm a lot better with her than I played but I guess it just didn't click with her tonight. My Ken is based on pure shenanigans, I try to have a game plan with Cammy though but I just kept stalling. I think your reads and the fact that you mixed it up more than most did me in.

Still a helluva lot of fun, had me thinking hard about how to approach you since there's no real set plan against Ryu.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
ok , ok

so

in the olden days,

Vega = Dictator = bad guy with cape
M.Bison = Boxer = eerr boxer
Balrog = Claw = man with claws

But M.Bison was too close of a name to Mike Tyson so they switched it around.
Then how come they brought Balrog / Claw into the mix?
Why didnt they just call boxer -> Vega and bad dude with cape for M.Bison?

All these questions

BitchTits

Corky said:
ok , ok

so

in the olden days,

Vega = Dictator = bad guy with cape
M.Bison = Boxer = eerr boxer
Balrog = Claw = man with claws

But M.Bison was too close of a name to Mike Tyson so they switched it around.
Then how come they brought Balrog / Claw into the mix?
Why didnt they just call boxer -> Vega and bad dude with cape for M.Bison?

All these questions
These are the original Japanese names, that are still used now. It was only in the West they switched them around and still do. Originally, as you say, because M.Bison = Mike Tyson.

I'm guessing they changed Balrog to Vega because "Vega" didn't sound very much like a rough street Boxer but was more suitable for an effeminate Spanish bull fighter. They probably left Sagat out of the mix-up since he was already established in SF1.

IMO, Vega is a better name than Balrog for Claw, but M.Bison for Vega (Dictator) is kinda dumb.

Then there's Gouki/Akuma. :-?

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Finally made it to G1 on 360!

Question: I lost the first match I played and lost five points off of my total grade points. If I lose five more again, I will be under 15,000. Does that mean I get knocked back down to G2?

Garcian

Lyte Edge said:
Finally made it to G1 on 360!

Question: I lost the first match I played and lost five points off of my total grade points. If I lose five more again, I will be under 15,000. Does that mean I get knocked back down to G2?

No, you'll stay in G1.

Garcian

Lyte Edge said:
Permanently? Does that mean there are some players out there with say, 13,000 points?

Don't know about permanently, but I've definitely fought one or two people in G1 who were around the 14,500 mark.

I beat a G1-B and G1-C Boxer with Cammy last night, I feel good, yeah!!!

Lyte - I played a G1 person who was 14,100 points the other night. I destroyed him, but felt kinda bad for him (not really, he used Ryu)

Killa Sasa said:
GG's tonight Galactic, glad I hopped on PSN for a while. Haven't done a long set with ya in a while :lol that Rog is still insane (and he robbed my Ken :( )

I don't know what the hell was wrong with my Cammy, normally I'm a lot better with her than I played but I guess it just didn't click with her tonight. My Ken is based on pure shenanigans, I try to have a game plan with Cammy though but I just kept stalling. I think your reads and the fact that you mixed it up more than most did me in.

Still a helluva lot of fun, had me thinking hard about how to approach you since there's no real set plan against Ryu.

My shoto couldn't handle your Ken rushdown. It was too awesome. I just couldn't make the right decisions on time or at all. You seemed to utilize all of his strong points very well and you definitely got the better of me. I'd like to run those matches again when we get the chance to play together on PSN.

Cammy/Ryu matchup is still a bit of a mystery to me me since I don't really have a Cammy player where I live. I tried not to get predictable with fireballs but it seemed you were able to bypass them on reaction. Plus, you danced around your maximum jump in range within pixels it seemed. I played around with the focus attack a lot and it seems pretty useful in that matchup depending on the timing of your specials.

Fun stuff though and I still feel you're an extremely solid player who I can learn from. So let's play again. :D

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
a year ago I was a great online player using Boxer now I'm getting molested online. I lost 300BP in 4 days. (Doesn't help that I'm trying to use Sakura well enough to be my back up)

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
_dementia said:
yeah, apparently Ultra 2 AKA Tazmanian Demon doesn't even hit on focus crumple
I haven't seen too much on this, admittedly, but I get the impression that his Ultra 2 is for use to punish somebody trying to attack him on wakeup.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Hitokage said:
I haven't seen too much on this, admittedly, but I get the impression that his Ultra 2 is for use to punish somebody trying to attack him on wakeup.
Used by a knocked down Akuma on his wakeup? Wouldn't most people opt for teleport instead, or even wakeup dp? It seems like a reversal ultra2 on wakeup would be mostly guesswork with a lot of risk.

Or do you mean it would be used by Akuma trying to pressure a knocked down opponent on the opponent's wakeup?

Top Bottom