• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Rentahamster said:
Used by a knocked down Akuma on his wakeup? Wouldn't most people opt for teleport instead, or even wakeup dp? It seems like a reversal ultra2 on wakeup would be mostly guesswork with a lot of risk.
I thought his Ultra 2 was something you did from teleport. Probably heard wrong.

Threi

notag
can you cancel normal moves into akuma's teleport like you can with Bison? Because if so maybe the startup time is quick enough that you can cancel a move into teleport and then teleport into ultra and it may all link...

or not who knows

*edit*

That daigo vid made me hype for evo. I actually am interested to see how TvC turns out most of all. But in terms of SSFIV if Daigo still opts for Ryu then zzzzzzzz

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Hitokage said:
I thought his Ultra 2 was something you did from teleport. Probably heard wrong.
Oh, that was the email Gootecks sent out about his SSF4 impressions. Something about being able to cancel into ultra 2 from teleport.

I guess it's usefulness would depend upon whether or not the ultra 2 can come out any time during the teleport or just on startup.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Grifter said:
so beautiful

there's a comment that they screwed akuma. how so?

They made him fairer. People who play overpowered chars tend to hate when their char stops being overpowered.

The exception is Ryu and Ken. Those two would get overplayed even if they were Dan tier.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Anyone on PSN want to help me "train" or just provide feedback about my play? Preferably another Sagat player, I would really appreciate it, I'll be online tonight (Friday). I'm G2-E and I'm having a hard time winning ANY fights. I think I went something like 3-10 last night. :lol

Just a general question for now: I am getting PUMMELED by Ryu(s) on G-2. I think about 7 of my 10 losses were to Ryu. Here's pretty much what happened on every match (it felt like I was just fighting the same dude over and over again! :lol).
We would start off trading fireballs of course. Somehow I would lose enough ground and have them jump in and FK and then l.FK me to the ground. Then they would start doing these crazy cross-up chains on every knockdown, and that would be the match almost every time. I literally can play zero offense, I am just constantly in defense and it seems every move... is completely ineffective. I feel like the world's scrubiest scrub. :(

... anyways if anyone is down for a PSN little training session shoot me a PM. Thanks :D

arstal said:
They made him fairer. People who play overpowered chars tend to hate when their char stops being overpowered.

The exception is Ryu and Ken. Those two would get overplayed even if they were Dan tier.
dang arstal, why so negative

GGs AZ Greg.

When had some good matches going, one thing that kept fuckin me over was when I spaz out--like trying to dash back a focus attack and I end up just blocking instead and eat a lvl 3:-/ Gotta remember to just walk-throw, ultra, hooligan (which I sometimes did, just not enough)

My shoto skills are not very good, lol. But I want to work on my fireball zoning. But I think I can only play female characters :lol I guess Cammy and Chun will always be my go-to gals, even when SSFIV comes out.

Threi - Daigo's Ryu is the only Ryu is probably the only Ryu I like watching. You just learn so much from the way he plays. He is probably also the reason why every other Ryu look so damn scrubby.

And Rick O's Chun is gdlk, he makes Sagats and Ryus look free with his Chun \m/

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
_dementia said:
dang arstal, why so negative

Because it's true. This is why Capcom was afraid to do obvious nerfs in super , if they did that to sagat few would play him. When Sagat isn't top tier he isn't that popular.

Guile's popularity dropped fast after HF

Iori's popularity dropped in XI when he was made fair.

AZ Greg

BotoxAgent said:
GGs AZ Greg.

When had some good matches going, one thing that kept fuckin me over was when I spaz out--like trying to dash back a focus attack and I end up just blocking instead and eat a lvl 3:-/ Gotta remember to just walk-throw, ultra, hooligan (which I sometimes did, just not enough)

My shoto skills are not very good, lol. But I want to work on my fireball zoning. But I think I can only play female characters :lol I guess Cammy and Chun will always be my go-to gals, even when SSFIV comes out.

GGs.

Yeah, I was getting some free crumples when you'd freeze up. But you were starting to get me good with Cammy when I'd fish for the crumple. Can't forget that unlike Chun, where it's obvious to tell when she can/cannot ultra you due to having a charge or not, Cammy can just whip it out on reaction. :(

arstal said:
Because it's true. This is why Capcom was afraid to do obvious nerfs in super , if they did that to sagat few would play him. When Sagat isn't top tier he isn't that popular.

Guile's popularity dropped fast after HF

Iori's popularity dropped in XI when he was made fair.
i think life's too short to be this antagonistic over something so trivial

Grifter

Rufus said:
I don't get why you would whip out the 'life's too short'-shtick after two posts.
Probably fair in arstal's case. I can relate cuz I over-bitch and give up games due to balance myself.

I was playing so bad today. Lost a few to mashing jab/DP/Super/Ultra Ryu. Gotta keep those blocktrings/combos airtight. I wised up and baited a bunch though but he persisted. Randomness gets me sometimes in SF4.

I was also having a hard time with a Bison who would slide at the most random times at distances very unsafe. Even after I focused him for phat comboz he still did it. I managed to predict every one of his random ultras for laughs though.

L.A. Riots 3 is tomorrow at 1 pm Pacific. Be sure to check it out. Shizza, Keno, Ken I, KAI, J.Wong, Alex Valle, Combofiend, etc.

It should be god like.

Spiderjericho said:
L.A. Riots 3 is tomorrow at 1 pm Pacific. Be sure to check it out. Shizza, Keno, Ken I, KAI, J.Wong, Alex Valle, Combofiend, etc.

It should be god like.
i'm probably gonna ditch some friends to watch this

pathetic, huh?

isn't God's Garden II this weekend as well?

and hey, I am all for more exposure SF4, and the fighting scene in general. MLG presentation is just, I dunno the word for it, lol

XenoRaven

BotoxAgent said:
and hey, I am all for more exposure SF4, and the fighting scene in general. MLG presentation is just, I dunno the word for it, lol
Stupid?

I'm reasonably certain most MLG people know SFIV exists. That's enough for me.

Then again, I hate MLG, so I guess I might be a little biased.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
XenoRaven said:
LOL. This would be a hilarious spectacle and I am tempted to sign.

Random tidbit= I was asked to be an MLG personality once, a long time ago. I don't even remember if I answered back or not.

Just as I was finally getting use to my stick, my RB button crapped out on me... from two weeks of play. =(

Hooray warranty! And the only thing that'll cheer me up is Battlefield Arcadia 12 tomorrow. ^_^

Top Bottom