• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

fubarduck

Spiderjericho said:
L.A. Riots 3 is tomorrow at 1 pm Pacific. Be sure to check it out. Shizza, Keno, Ken I, KAI, J.Wong, Alex Valle, Combofiend, etc.

It should be god like.

Actually, I heard this was canceled?

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Hitokage said:
You'll continue sucking as long as you use that pad as your crutch, sir!
but i like winning. :(

i usually use stick versus' gaffers because i figure ill lose anyway, but i want to make it to g1 one day so i use pad for championship. ;_;

i plan on going full stick for super though.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
XenoRaven said:
For Street Fighter or for some other game?

It wasn't a particular game. He (Sundance) asked me whether I wanted to be part of mlgpro and gamebattles. I think I remember telling him I knew other people that would be interested. This was years ago. Actually, if I knew Street Fighter or fighters in general, namely Capcom and SNK, was involved I probably would be more interested.

Footage of from World Game Cup in Cannes, France.
http://www.jeuxactu.com/article-43439-world-game-cup-2010-1eres-videos.html

For those who don't know this is probably the biggest SF4 tourney in Europe and they invited several big name Japanese players which include

Daigo: I think you know who this guy is
Fuudo: Arguably the 2nd best Japanese Ryu player
Eita: #3 Gouki/Akuma player in BP only behind Tokido and Momochi
Desora: Probably the only Japanese player who has recorded footage of himself player online and put it on youtube for us to watch......oh yeah, he also had some casual matches with a infamous player named Sako who has some of the sickest execution we've ever seen.

They have 3 SF4 tourney's, the solo, 2v2 team, and the Masters Series. The first two is just for winning money thrown in the pot. The Masters Series on the other hand gets a couple of prizes. The first being a plane ticket to Evo 2K10 and the 2nd is a surprise by one of there partners. So far Daigo, Fuudo, Eita, and Ryan Hart have qualified with 4 spots remaining. The top 8 will face off to decide the winner on Sunday. Can't wait to see footage of the finals from all 3 tourney's.

XenoRaven

Kadey said:
It wasn't a particular game. He (Sundance) asked me whether I wanted to be part of mlgpro and gamebattles. I think I remember telling him I knew other people that would be interested. This was years ago. Actually, if I knew Street Fighter or fighters in general, namely Capcom and SNK, was involved I probably would be more interested.
MLG does CvS? Do they do any other fighters? I'm pretty sure they do Melee, but they do it on Final Destination with no items which isn't real Melee.

AZ Greg

Hit me up on XBL if anyone wants some matches. I'll be on the Just Cause 2 demo, but just send the INV and I'll join.

ptown

So I just got done playing a first to 100 set with GalacticAe... :lol Epic.

I didn't know Rog's overhead punch thing was unblockable. You learn new stuff everyday...

You're good. I like that.

Damn, I was playing SF4 on my PC and then I hear SF4 music in the background. That kind of startled me LOL. But hell yeah, GG finally started. I will not be sleeping tonight :lol

Fucking clutch by Uryo to take the first round from Mizoteru.

After being turtled to death in the first set, Uryo out turtles Mizoteru to win the 2nd set :D

Fucking Uryo takes Winners finals. Really good stuff seeing him adjust to Mizoteru's lame Blanka.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Congrats to Oichi for winning the new player tournament at God's Garden II!

KAYOpolice is SOOOOO cute.

OMG.

Not as cute as Kadey though. <3 I miss you girl.

ALSO!

MLG is hot stuff. I'm working with them right now to make sure the fighting games are done right for the following season! ROAR.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
biosnake20 said:
Everyone sign this petition to get SF4 on to MLG.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/sf4onmlgprocircuit/

Oh it's a good thing I saw this post, I just had a big write up about it. Here's the video of Sundance DiGiovanni (co-founder) explaining the situation.

http://www.twitvid.com/3AA32

Also these MLG Pro-Circuit events are legitimate. Why would it be any different from the other SFIV tournaments that take place? All the best players would still be able to buy a pass and compete in the tournament just like any other tournament.

Also biosnake, is that a picture of Smiley as your avatar? lol

So true, but then again this is Japanese internet we're talking about.

Oh and sick ass finish by Ojisan Boy. Juggled into full ultra mid screen with a EX Tiger Shot.

I just started watching it but it has been smooth.

:(

Tyson lost to the damage of Sagat.

Mago vs. Tokido. Oooooh.

Is this a team tournament? Or losers?

YES!! TOKIDO!!

Top Bottom